14 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

You can still eat dry chicken breast and steamed broccoli.  Every meal.  Forever.

Whoa there. There's no need to be cruel.

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

50 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

You can still eat dry chicken breast and steamed broccoli.  Every meal.  Forever.

Why not mix it up with a jug of raw eggs?

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Now you're thinking!

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 8/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, deftona said:

Or just the shells?

Hope your doing well Sloth!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

January 15, 2022

Hello Nerd Friends!  I hope you’re all well and happy and still around. 

Let’s see, since I last checked in half a mouse’s life time ago, not a whole lot has happened.  Went back to work in real time, just went back to Zoom school again. I’m teaching fourth grade now. It was a wonderful change.  Family is good. Still playing D&D.  We got a switch, my first console since Atari 2600. I don’t really play it though, except for a bit of Mario Kart. 

Long covid seems to be loosening it’s grip*. I’ve started working out again and that seems to have started a cascade toward being even healthier.  I don’t know if I’ll ever be fit enough to race bikes again, but not having to take a daily 2 hour nap and being able to do basic movement is really nice.  

*Coincides with getting boosted and with starting dosing with Turmeric, but it could be that it’s just getting tired of me after a year and a half.  

Last workout - Jan. 14, 2022, Friday

Warm Up Circuit - 3 rounds

Goblin Squat 12kg/25# X5

KB Halos 12kg X5

Glute Bridges BW X5

KB Pullover 12kg X5

Roman Chair Back Extension BW X5

Get Ups 3 X 1/1 at 8kg

Trap Bar Deadlift 4 X 1, 2, 3 (24 total reps) at 150# /68kg

KB Clean & Press 4 X 1, 2, 3 at 16kg / 35#

Peace Out Nerd Friends.  

• Like 15

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Welcome Back Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Based on your post, enough important things are improving for you that life overall is getting better. That's even better than seeing you post again. :) 

• Like 3

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Sloooooooth.

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

I'm glad the long covid is finally heading for the door. Longer than I'd hoped or projected for you, but I knew the improvement would come if you took time and let it heal, and now I am so excited for you. You're on the way, and you will get there.

(I, on the other hand, have started taking two hour naps, on the grounds that they're good for my brain and I have much sleep deficit and stress to heal. SIGH.)

Yay family and fourth grade and everything. Come make a challenge, I miss you.

• Like 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Ohhh! So good to see you here! 
And doing better too :) stupid long covid. Why does it have to be so long? I think mine was more like 9 months, but we’ve got people at the gym still working on it after 2 years, pff. 

• Like 2

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Twd Is Back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You're back!  I'm glad to hear Long Covid is releasing its hold.  I hope it continues in a favorable direction.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 1/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Welcome Back Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Based on your post, enough important things are improving for you that life overall is getting better. That's even better than seeing you post again. :) 

Thanks. Life isn’t too bad. I mean, except for *waves hands around*

On 1/15/2022 at 6:55 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Also

animals spooning hug GIF

Welcome back 

Thanks brother. 

On 1/16/2022 at 5:02 AM, sarakingdom said:

Sloooooooth.

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

I'm glad the long covid is finally heading for the door. Longer than I'd hoped or projected for you, but I knew the improvement would come if you took time and let it heal, and now I am so excited for you. You're on the way, and you will get there.

(I, on the other hand, have started taking two hour naps, on the grounds that they're good for my brain and I have much sleep deficit and stress to heal. SIGH.)

Yay family and fourth grade and everything. Come make a challenge, I miss you.

:) Thanks. 

Two hour naps are great unless your body is forcing them on you. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:49 AM, Emma said:

SLOTH!!!

It’s about time you checked in with us. I was about to hire a private detective to hunt you down.

Glad to hear that you are doing better and the family is well.

Hah. Thanks. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Welcome back!!!  

:) Thanks. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Glad to see you back!

It’s good to be back. 

22 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohhh! So good to see you here! 
And doing better too :) stupid long covid. Why does it have to be so long? I think mine was more like 9 months, but we’ve got people at the gym still working on it after 2 years, pff. 

Thanks. I’m glad yours is better.  

20 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Two hour naps...

Sleep Yawn GIF

So long haul Covid turns people into sloths? Interesting.

Glad you're back and feeling better!

Haha. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Shello said:

Twd Is Back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You're back!  I'm glad to hear Long Covid is releasing its hold.  I hope it continues in a favorable direction.  

:) Thanks. 

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Saturday January 15, 2022

I got my second* booster Friday and I slept about 21 hours.  Luckily I woke up in time for Zoom D&D. I’m playing a tortle ranger.  

*I was vaccinated on the reservation. The Minnesota Department of Health didn’t believe me so they’ve been spamming me to get vaccinated. I started over to get them off my back. 

Sunday January 16, 2022

Chill day. I rode the trainer for an 1:05 at zone 2 (endurance pace 120-130 bpm).  This is practically a recovery ride, especially since I cranked the resistance way down, but anything cardio just kills me these days, way more than kettlebells.  Today I am wicked sore and achey. 

Peace out nerd friends. 

• Like 7

I forgot to mention, I finally started the MCU with Iron Man.  Tony Stark is rather unlikeable, I can’t believe they made three movies about him. Mindless enough, with enough explosions and chase scenes , to make it a good trainer movie. 

We’re fostering an old blind mutt. She knows her way around the house really well, but she heads to the basement and falls down the stairs  as soon as someone forgets to close the door. 

Monday January 17, 2022

Day off work for Martin Luther King Day. I didn’t do much of note.  

Conditioning Day

Warm Up Circuit - 3 rounds

Goblin Squats 12kg/ 25# X5

KB Halos 12kg X5

Glute Bridges X5

KB Pullover 12kg X 5

Roman Chair Back Extension X5

KB Snatch 10 X 4/4 at 16kg

I felt really rough and should have shut it down instead of slogging through the minimum effective dose. 

Peace out Nerd Friends.  

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I forgot to mention, I finally started the MCU with Iron Man.  Tony Stark is rather unlikeable, I can’t believe they made three movies about him. Mindless enough, with enough explosions and chase scenes , to make it a good trainer movie. 

I didn't like him much at first either, but he grew on me. He has quite a fascinating character arc.

• Like 1

I have (had) years and years of training logs and journals. My bike racing years got lost when I moved into the house, but I had some going back to when I was still a good mountain biker, the years when all I did was work and family stuff, the year I was so jacked up I couldn’t walk down the stairs, the years when shovelglove saved my body and my soul, the kettlebell years, and the the years when I finally got back into racing shape.  

But here’s the thing, during the last two years we lived through quarantine, my city finally had to face how racist we are, my neighborhood burned down, I had covid and long covid. All of that changed me in fundamental ways - mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically.  

Looking back at those journals is looking at the life of someone I’m not and will never be again. None of it is relevant anymore. None of it is useful.  So I threw them all out.  

At Solstice I started a fresh journal for who am now.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

At Solstice I started a fresh journal for who am now.

It's been a long couple of years.  This seems like a great idea for a fresh start.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2