All this talk of wolf moon made me remember one of the silliest (in my opinion) diets ever concocted:

The Werewolf Diet - Moon

The werewolf diet, also known as the lunar diet and the moon diet, is a fad diet that centers upon users fasting according to the lunar phases. This has prompted people to nickname the diet plan the "werewolf diet" as a result. Celebrities that have endorsed the diet include Demi Moore and Madonna.
  • Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I used to be able to eat a socially unacceptable amount and needed to preeat to curb my appetite to keep from embarrassing myself. It's a sound tactic to keep from eating garbage as long as you have some willpower. There's always the danger you'll preeat and still be a human dumpster making things worse. 

I hear you on all this!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We're tempted to keep this one. 

Only this one?! I thought you said that about one or two dogs back? I wouldn't be able to let any go if I've had to nurture them and help them as you guys do. Hats' off to your dedication and what you do. But this one is a cutie.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

19 hours ago, peelout said:

All this talk of wolf moon made me remember one of the silliest (in my opinion) diets ever concocted:

The Werewolf Diet - Moon

The werewolf diet, also known as the lunar diet and the moon diet, is a fad diet that centers upon users fasting according to the lunar phases. This has prompted people to nickname the diet plan the "werewolf diet" as a result. Celebrities that have endorsed the diet include Demi Moore and Madonna.

I was excited when I saw werewolf diet, but quickly lost interest when I read fasting. 

18 hours ago, maegs said:

Ya, pretty quickly after I started stretching/lax balling daily I noticed a difference (like 1-2 weeks?). And then when I got a bit slack with it over Christmas I also noticed a difference. Working on getting back into the habit now.

Nice. It took me forever just to get a partial improvement. 

16 hours ago, Xena said:

I hear you on all this!

Endurance athletes problems. 

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Only this one?! I thought you said that about one or two dogs back? I wouldn't be able to let any go if I've had to nurture them and help them as you guys do. Hats' off to your dedication and what you do. But this one is a cutie.

Thanks. Truth be told I'd be happy keeping any of them, but you can tell every third or fourth dog is going to turn into a really great dog for someone. The leaping on the counters is driving Mrs. Sloth insane; she's lost her interest in keeping this one. We have a hard two dog limit.  If we kept one we'd stop fostering and we really like getting to know all of the different dogs and being useful to doggy society. 

The funny thing about these dogs is that they all pick a different "owner" even though we treat them about the same each time. Me, Mrs. Sloth, and Slothgirl have all had about the same number of dogs attached to us, Slothboy (who is a bit frantic for new dogs) has had one. 

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

1/9/17 Monday

It was a good day.  It's nice to be getting back into our routines. My students are too which makes my life easier. 

Training: 20 minutes yoga. I'm trying a new program.  If you don't see Shovelglove after Yoga it means I was too damn lazy. 

Eating: Still on point.  I had zoodles and coodles (carrot noodles) again last night. *sigh*

I've tried all of the kombuchas that are easily available in the cities.  I've settled on Synergy.  It seems more organic than most of the brands and much cheaper than the local artisan brands which are very organic. They also sell it in Target for cheaper than at the coops or fancy grocery stores. It is pricey enough that if it becomes a habit Mrs. Sloth may relent and let me ferment my own. 

g-hlth-100415-rombucha-2p.grid-6x2.jpg

• Like 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Do the noodles have any redeeming factors?  I have never tried them, but I find the idea intriguing.  Plus, I just want to use a Spiralizer.  

The zoodles are fine. If I was eating a zucchini dish and I got zoodles I'd be all, "not bad," but when I'm eating pasta and I get zoodles it's sad panda time. I suspect you'd like them. Mrs. Sloth loves using the spiralizer.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Eating: Still on point.  I had zoodles and coodles (carrot noodles) again last night. *sigh*

You don't seem very excited about your zoodles and coodles.  Did you have something good tossed in with them?  I'll admit they aren't that exciting all by themselves.  But put a tasty bolognese and you've got a tasty meal. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

You don't seem very excited about your zoodles and coodles.  Did you have something good tossed in with them?  I'll admit they aren't that exciting all by themselves.  But put a tasty bolognese and you've got a tasty meal. 

Let me see if I can put this in Doodly terms. It's like if everyone around you had pancakes with butter and real maple syrup and you got Melba toast. Not that there's anything wrong with Melba toast. Put some butter and jam on it and it's a tasty snack. But it's not pancakes.

You have to remember my response to Paleo has always been, "Give me noodles or give me death."

Anyway, today is taco Tuesday. All is right in my world again.

• Like 9

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

Let me see if I can put this in Doodly terms. It's like if everyone around you had pancakes with butter and real maple syrup and you got Melba toast. Not that there's anything wrong with Melba toast. Put some butter and jam on it and it's a tasty snack. But it's not pancakes.

You have to remember my response to Paleo has always been, "Give me noodles or give me death."

It's just for three more weeks, I'll soldier through it. Just ignore my complaining.

You just need to change your perspective! Instead of thinking, "ugh, I miss pasta," think "Yay! I love zucchini!"

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Anyway, today is taco Tuesday. All is right in my world again.

You're right they don't taste like noodles. Anymore than fake cheese tastes like cheese.  My body rebels at wheat, so it's pretty much a no-go. Most of the time I do things like zucchini noodle or spaghetti squash, but sometimes I get the gluten free noodles. They have some pretty good ones now. They  ones I had last night were a mix of quinoa, rice, and amaranth. Still pretty high in carbs. Gone are my days of loading the plate with noodles. But then again, I had my days when I was young when I could eat like that. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The funny thing about these dogs is that they all pick a different "owner" even though we treat them about the same each time. Me, Mrs. Sloth, and Slothgirl have all had about the same number of dogs attached to us, Slothboy (who is a bit frantic for new dogs) has had one. 

It's the dogs' different personalities and their needs that come out. They sense something in each of you and even though they may like you, there is just that one trait (so to speak), that one of you have, which the dog of the moment, needs. Or when it comes to food, and they've gone hungry, very hungry previously, they'll ignore all else and cling to the person in charge of preparing food. :P Well, that's what I think anyway, having watched our various dogs through the years.

Enjoy Taco Tuesday. I'm with you on the zoodles. I'll rather skip or have zucchini in a form I like. Hubby is dead set against "imitating" foods with other food. So he said enough trying to make zoodles into noodles/spaghetti. They aren't.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I have been frying an egg in the middle of my zoodles and serving that on top of my dinner. Tastes lovely, and makes it all a bit more satisfying!

• Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Zucchini noodles really are fundamentally unsatisfying. I generally just eat a bowl of Bolognese on its own.

Strange suggestion, perhaps, since I never see this else where, but thinly sliced and braised cabbage makes much better noodles IMHO. They have a better bite than zucchini.

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

15 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

You just need to change your perspective! Instead of thinking, "ugh, I miss pasta," think "Yay! I love zucchini!"

You've got me there. That's what Joe Dirt would do.

54564c6362efda9a4e8209945fb903d2.jpg

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You're right they don't taste like noodles. Anymore than fake cheese tastes like cheese.  My body rebels at wheat, so it's pretty much a no-go. Most of the time I do things like zucchini noodle or spaghetti squash, but sometimes I get the gluten free noodles. They have some pretty good ones now. They  ones I had last night were a mix of quinoa, rice, and amaranth. Still pretty high in carbs. Gone are my days of loading the plate with noodles. But then again, I had my days when I was young when I could eat like that. 

We actually have a lot of gluten-free noodles and other items in the house because of one of Mrs. sloth's friends who eats over a lot. I've been avoiding them.  This is just until th end of the month and I can go back to a more normal diet. I'm sorry your body rebels at wheat. This has been a hard way to live.

9 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

It's the dogs' different personalities and their needs that come out. They sense something in each of you and even though they may like you, there is just that one trait (so to speak), that one of you have, which the dog of the moment, needs. Or when it comes to food, and they've gone hungry, very hungry previously, they'll ignore all else and cling to the person in charge of preparing food. :P Well, that's what I think anyway, having watched our various dogs through the years.

Enjoy Taco Tuesday. I'm with you on the zoodles. I'll rather skip or have zucchini in a form I like. Hubby is dead set against "imitating" foods with other food. So he said enough trying to make zoodles into noodles/spaghetti. They aren't.

I think I'd get along with your hubby. 

6 hours ago, Big_Show said:

I have been frying an egg in the middle of my zoodles and serving that on top of my dinner. Tastes lovely, and makes it all a bit more satisfying!

That sounds pretty good. 

58 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Zucchini noodles really are fundamentally unsatisfying. I generally just eat a bowl of Bolognese on its own.

Strange suggestion, perhaps, since I never see this else where, but thinly sliced and braised cabbage makes much better noodles IMHO. They have a better bite than zucchini.

I'm a simple man; I had to look up Bolognese. I'll try the cabbage, but I think I'll have a go at sphagetti squash noodles next. 

• Like 3

1/10/17 Tuesday

It was a good day. We had two or three inches of snow which paralyzed the city. With climate change we're becoming practically Southern. There's a snowshoe race I want to do just for fun (and for the race T shirt), but I'm not preregistering because I'm afraid the snow will melt. It was the last day of speed week at school.  This when when we spend about ten days rolling toy cars down ramps doing different speed and acceleration experiments. I'm going to miss it.

A family came over to check out Bumblebee.  This is by far the hardest part about fostering.  I really don't like meeting and talking to new people. 

Training: Riding was scheduled, but my time was spent shoveling snow. It took longer than expected because the bottom layer melted and refrozen and needed to be scraped. 

Eating: Still good. 

1/11/17 Wednesday

It will be a good day.  My students are taking a test so I'm sitting here grading labs. I am exhausted though. Mrs. Sloth wouldn't stop looking at her iPad and wouldn't turn on night shift - that thing is like a spotlight burning into my brain.  Eventually I went and slept on Slothboy's floor. 

Training: 30 minutes Yoga which loosened up my jacked up back from scraping ice. No Shovelglove, but I'll shovel more snow tonight. 

Eating: So far, so good. I have to figure out what to eat after circus class. I have been going through the McDonald's drive through on the way home.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mrs. Sloth wouldn't stop looking at her iPad and wouldn't turn on night shift - that thing is like a spotlight burning into my brain.  Eventually I went and slept on Slothboy's floor. 

I feel your pain.  The Mr. Marauder was watching some crap with freaking disco stage lights last night.  I could see it flashing through my eyelids.  You are much kinder than me, however.  I told him he could go sit in the living room or turn it off.  Possibly not that nicely.

• Like 3

Rangering since Sept 2015

I fermented my own kombucha at home for about a year.  The money you'll save is seriously amazing.  My biggest costs were whatever fruit I wanted to flavor each batch like.  And starting up costs which are still fairly low; you'll need a starter SCOBY, some sizeable wide-mouth jars for fermenting, bottles for bottling (I actually re-used old Synergy bottles, ha!) sugar, and a basic cheapy black tea.  Easycakes.  It literally will start paying for itself.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

15 minutes ago, shaar said:

I fermented my own kombucha at home for about a year.  The money you'll save is seriously amazing.  My biggest costs were whatever fruit I wanted to flavor each batch like.  And starting up costs which are still fairly low; you'll need a starter SCOBY, some sizeable wide-mouth jars for fermenting, bottles for bottling (I actually re-used old Synergy bottles, ha!) sugar, and a basic cheapy black tea.  Easycakes.  It literally will start paying for itself.

I should not have read this.  I just ordered a fermentation lock/lid for sauerkraut last night.  I bet they have this stuff at the home-brew store...  wait, stop!

• Like 2

Rangering since Sept 2015

27 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I should not have read this.  I just ordered a fermentation lock/lid for sauerkraut last night.  I bet they have this stuff at the home-brew store...  wait, stop!

I got my big wide-mouth jars at Big Lots, but our homebrew store had 'em too!

For kombucha you actually cover the jar lid with cheesecloth and a rubber band, because if you had a locking mechanism, all the bubbly gases from fermenting would accumulate and KAPOW blow it up!  Or, so I've heard.  I didn't want to mess with success.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

19 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

And if you don't like zucchini? :P Seriously though, zucchini doesn't have much flavor and is mostly water. Not high on the satisfying scale IMO.

5 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Strange suggestion, perhaps, since I never see this else where, but thinly sliced and braised cabbage makes much better noodles IMHO.

Alright, now we're talking! Cabbage actually has a flavor to it.

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Just now, jstanlick said:

And if you don't like zucchini? :P Seriously though, zucchini doesn't have much flavor and is mostly water. Not high on the satisfying scale IMO.

Alright, now we're talking! Cabbage actually has a flavor to it.

I don't know if we can be friends anymore.... Do you have an issue with cucumber too?

At least we still have cabbage to agree on.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Mmmm.  That sounds good.  Sounds like bacon might be a good addition too.  

6 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I have that same criticism of zoodles.  I always add some coodles to it for bite.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2