Fortunately sloth does not seem like a very social person. lol

So I'm at the school dance. I thought maybe I shouldn't be so damn anti-social. I said Hi and How are you doing to the first three acquaintances I saw. They all said fine and walked away. I wasn't even looking at their boobs when I tried to talk to them. I swear. Now I'm standing in the corner with the parents who can't get off their phone. They're my peeps.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

3 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

So I'm at the school dance. I thought maybe I shouldn't be so damn anti-social. I said Hi and How are you doing to the first three acquaintances I saw. They all said fine and walked away. I wasn't even looking at their boobs when I tried to talk to them. I swear. Now I'm standing in the corner with the parents who can't get off their phone. They're my peeps.

Hey, maybe that's your problem? It's worth a try. 

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The amazing thing is how fast they work. Seriously, they do more in half a day than I could do in a month of Saturdays.  It's worth the money just to actually get some stuff done for once. 

So true.  I've been wrestling with this thought lately as we'd like to build a deck on the back of our house.  So far we are thinking a pretty complex design with integrated lights and outlets and a bench.  I'm almost certain if I attempted it myself I'd compromise on something due to lack of skill, and I know a pro would do it so much better than myself.  But I still can't rid the thought of "You'd learn so much, and you love working with your hands."  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Rooks said:

So true.  I've been wrestling with this thought lately as we'd like to build a deck on the back of our house.  So far we are thinking a pretty complex design with integrated lights and outlets and a bench.  I'm almost certain if I attempted it myself I'd compromise on something due to lack of skill, and I know a pro would do it so much better than myself.  But I still can't rid the thought of "You'd learn so much, and you love working with your hands."  

We took on doing our basement ourselves and never again. My FIL had to finish it (he is in construction, so it's as good as a contractor, only I paid him in food). I can do small projects pretty well, but I will never again not pay someone to do a large project at the house. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

We took on doing our basement ourselves and never again. My FIL had to finish it (he is in construction, so it's as good as a contractor, only I paid him in food). I can do small projects pretty well, but I will never again not pay someone to do a large project at the house. 

Indeed.  My wife and I re-did our bathroom back before the kiddo was around.  It took a solid month of working after hours.  It turned out pretty well and we are both very happy, but it was stressful.  It wasn't even the work itself we found stressful, it was working together since we work in such different ways and neither of us wanted to relinquish control to follow the other's control.  Plus drawing out a project over a month is just taxing because it's you doing 12+ hour days when you factor in your real job, plus on the weekends.  No breaks, you know?  Also, nothing tests a new marriage better than by trying to live without a toilet for 3 days. :) 

• Like 2

Just a blurt out so I don't forget.

Marauder is probably right about the ADD. The extra broken brain right now is due to the insomnia and lack of intensive exercise. Yoga is good for some things, but it's not enough.

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

9 hours ago, Rooks said:

9 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

7 hours ago, Rooks said:

Indeed.  My wife and I re-did our bathroom back before the kiddo was around.  It took a solid month of working after hours.  It turned out pretty well and we are both very happy, but it was stressful.  It wasn't even the work itself we found stressful, it was working together since we work in such different ways and neither of us wanted to relinquish control to follow the other's control.  Plus drawing out a project over a month is just taxing because it's you doing 12+ hour days when you factor in your real job, plus on the weekends.  No breaks, you know?  Also, nothing tests a new marriage better than by trying to live without a toilet for 3 days. :) 

Decks are easy, but I've done several and it gets easier every time, like pretty much anything. Bathrooms should only be done if you have a convenient secondary option, because divorce is expensive.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

23 hours ago, Rooks said:

23 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Some projects are easier to tackle than others, and some things are better left to pro's. No one project will be the same for two different people. That said, over the years I've learned how to tile (shower), mix concrete, dig trenches, fill in those trenches, build a tree house (platform), adjust a climbing frame, etc. etc. But we still leave some things for professionals to do (like the roof, toilet, water pipes and electricity).

14 hours ago, EricMN said:

Bathrooms should only be done if you have a convenient secondary option, because divorce is expensive.

On the nose! So true :P

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On January 26, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Elastigirl said:

Catching up on your thread. I guess it's been a while since I've checked in. That would be great if the DPP yoga helped your back. It would be so cool if next year at this same time, you were talking about how your back hadn't hurt in forever, and you no longer had slothbelly.

That at would be living the dream. 

On January 26, 2017 at 6:51 PM, deftona said:

Hey, maybe that's your problem? It's worth a try. 

I may as well, staring at their ass sure hasn't gotten me anywhere. I ended up talking to someone else who is socially awkward for a while.

On January 27, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Rooks said:

I think you'd do fine on your deck. You'd research the heck out of it and overbuild it. A pro would likely do it quicker, but I doubt it'd be better. 

On January 27, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Sylvaa said:

Handy family members are good to have. But I agree, big projects need a pro.

23 hours ago, Rooks said:

Indeed.  My wife and I re-did our bathroom back before the kiddo was around.  It took a solid month of working after hours.  It turned out pretty well and we are both very happy, but it was stressful.  It wasn't even the work itself we found stressful, it was working together since we work in such different ways and neither of us wanted to relinquish control to follow the other's control.  Plus drawing out a project over a month is just taxing because it's you doing 12+ hour days when you factor in your real job, plus on the weekends.  No breaks, you know?  Also, nothing tests a new marriage better than by trying to live without a toilet for 3 days.  

That's a long time to hold it. When we redid the bathroom I spent a week and a half washing up in the laundry tub.  That first shower was glorious. 

18 hours ago, Lightning said:

Could the insomnia also be from lack of exercise?  

I've had the insomnia for a good 20 years, but exercise is definitely a factor. 

15 hours ago, EricMN said:

Decks are easy, but I've done several and it gets easier every time, like pretty much anything. Bathrooms should only be done if you have a convenient secondary option, because divorce is expensive.

So much wisdom in a single sentence. 

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Some projects are easier to tackle than others, and some things are better left to pro's. No one project will be the same for two different people. That said, over the years I've learned how to tile (shower), mix concrete, dig trenches, fill in those trenches, build a tree house (platform), adjust a climbing frame, etc. etc. But we still leave some things for professionals to do (like the roof, toilet, water pipes and electricity).

On the nose! So true

Elize, you are a real Renaissance woman. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I may as well, staring at their ass sure hasn't gotten me anywhere. I ended up talking to someone else who is socially awkward for a while.

Now I see where you've been going wrong! They can't see you staring at their ass because you're standing behind them. You need to stare at their ass and then walk up behind them and whisper in their ear that you've been staring at their ass. 

I am 100% sure this is how to make friends with other humans. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, deftona said:

Now I see where you've been going wrong! They can't see you staring at their ass because you're standing behind them. You need to stare at their ass and then walk up behind them and whisper in their ear that you've been staring at their ass. 

Also, the discrete gentleman will only look at the interesting anatomical bits on the front side of a lady when she isn't looking to see what he sees.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1-27-17 Friday

It was a good day. It was record keeping day at school so there were no students. I spent most of the day sitting down and finished grading labs and a test. I "hired" a couple of eighth graders to take care of my equipment and set up my next lab. The money will help pay for their eighth grade trip and it was nice to get that stuff dealt with. Mrs. Sloth was out protesting, which meant my training time was spent ferrying children. We spent the evening at a really nice winter carnival festival at a local park. The food truck there had a bacon focus; it was hard not to buy the bacon macaroni and cheese. 

Training: 30 minutes DDP Stand Up.  I did this at school with the lights out at lunch, but I kept my pants on. 8X5 strap rows, 4X10 strap push-ups. 

Eating: on point. 

• Like 6

There is a bacon food truck?! This is a must see.

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

17 hours ago, EricMN said:

Oh no, we're just starting the bathroom remodel.:hororr: Though we aren't doing the tub, just the vanity and floor. Husband already re-did the other bathroom, and the marriage survived that. Basically, while he worked on the shower, I just left him alone, and when he said it might take longer than he at first thought , I  said we would just use the other. The real fun remodel was in our old house when we were  remodeling our bedroom and I was pregnant and we had to sleep in the living room on our hide-a bed. :lol:

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On January 28, 2017 at 9:27 AM, deftona said:

Is the introverts thread still active? Because you really should post advice there. 

On January 28, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, the discrete gentleman will only look at the interesting anatomical bits on the front side of a lady when she isn't looking to see what he sees.

Like this guy?

108-1203091658-Gavin_Newsom_Oggling.jpg

On January 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, LadyShello said:

There is a bacon food truck?! This is a must see.

It it was a bit pricey, but everyone thought the food was excellent. Except me, 'cause I don't get to eat good food. 

56c14f3b-00b0-4777-961d-537746204482.jpg

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Oh no, we're just starting the bathroom remodel.:hororr: Though we aren't doing the tub, just the vanity and floor. Husband already re-did the other bathroom, and the marriage survived that. Basically, while he worked on the shower, I just left him alone, and when he said it might take longer than he at first thought , I  said we would just use the other. The real fun remodel was in our old house when we were  remodeling our bedroom and I was pregnant and we had to sleep in the living room on our hide-a bed. :lol:

You need to go into a project accepting the rule is threes. Every project takes three times as long as you think, costs three times as much, and takes three times as many trips to the hardware store as you thought. 

• Like 5

1/28/17 Saturday

It was a crazy-ass busy day, but a good day. Right after circus class Slothgirl and I put the finishing touches on our Art Sled. I thought the rally was on Sunday, so we were in a bit of a hurry to get it done.  We had lunch and left. The Art Sled Rally was a lot of fun.  Next year I'm making a Star Wars sled though.

Right after that we went to my teammate's party. It was nice.  Her sons are super nerdy. One turned his room into a movie studio, painted the walls green, put up sound proofing, and sleeps in a hammock so his bed wouldn't take up any space.  

Then I went to pick up our new foster dog.  She's a seven year old terrier mix rescued from a mill in San Antonio. Her puppies were taken away from her shortly before I got there, so she was a basket case. She's another dog that is terrified of men, but likes everyone else in the house. 

Somewhere in there we had dinner at a Somali restaurant. 

Training: no, but I did the E-cises. 

Eating: I had one no-added-sugar cider and one Somali tea which came sweetened. Otherwise on point. 

Crashing Penelope

dd18b1a7abb74b2d1e0257d47104ae8f.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Is the introverts thread still active? Because you really should post advice there. 

Why, do you hate everyone there?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

They had tater tots covered in bacon and cheese.

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It it was a bit pricey, but everyone thought the food was excellent. Except me, 'cause I don't get to eat good food. 

I'd gladly throw myself on the sword for you and have your serving.  

Nice looking sled.  Looks like a lot of fun. 

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 1/28/2017 at 9:33 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

The food truck there had a bacon focus; it was hard not to buy the bacon macaroni and cheese. 

On 1/28/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

They had tater tots covered in bacon and cheese.

23 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

it was a bit pricey, but everyone thought the food was excellent. Except me, 'cause I don't get to eat good food. 

And now I'm stalking their FB page to determine where they will appear next.

• Like 3

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

On January 29, 2017 at 11:28 AM, deftona said:

Why, do you hate everyone there?

I think your wisdom should be disseminated to those who need it most. 

On January 29, 2017 at 11:43 AM, LadyShello said:

I'd gladly throw myself on the sword for you and have your serving.  

Nice looking sled.  Looks like a lot of fun. 

Thanks, it was. There were five different penguin sleds, in my humble opinion ours was the best, at the very least it was the only one with flapping wings and feet. 

On January 29, 2017 at 2:13 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

The Penguin looks awesome! Glad you had so much fun, and that "nerdy movie maker kid" sounds interesting.

If the new dog allows you close, please give her a soft hug from me. Nice going on eating and drinking.

Thansk. The dog would totally freak out if I gave her a hug, but today she came up to me so I could pet her, but the kids have been loving her up good. Taking in foster dogs really teaches the lesson that men are jerks; we haven't had a single dog that was afraid of women, but every third or fourth one is a afraid of men. I also have to wonder how weird it must be to spend the entirety of your life in a kennel and suddenly be roaming free in a house and yard. It's amazing how quickly they acclimate to a normal life. 

9 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

funny-gifs-want.gif

How was it? I keep reminding Laura that I want to go there.

Me too.  I can't wait until my belly experiment is over. 

The restaurant is kind of meh in my opinion, but Mrs. Sloth loves it.  The big selling point is that the kids will eat curry chicken until their bellys pop and that it comes with a side of curry spaghetti.  Also it's cheap and close. 

7 hours ago, EricMN said:

And now I'm stalking their FB page to determine where they will appear next.

Let me know if they show up anywhere interesting. 

• Like 1

1/29/17 Sunday

It was a good day.  I took a mental reset.  I slept in, stayed in my jammies, didn't go anywhere and took a nap. It was wonderful. 

Training: 12 min. DDP Red Hot Abs + 45 minutes on the trainer while watching Clone Wars. 

Eating: On point.

1/30/17 Monday

Today was a professional development day.  I spent most of it sitting in meetings. Right now my brain feels like there is a ball of electricity rattling around inside my skull. I don't really remember anything that I was supposed to learn after about the first hour. 

Training: not yet except 8X5 strap rows and 4X10 strap push ups at school. 

Eating: I ran to Target to pick up ADD meds at lunch and ran through the Arby's drive through. I ate the giant roast beef sandwich sans bun and also sans sauces because I forgot to order them. It is just oily and bland like that. I also ordered a salad instead of potato cakes, It came with fried chicken bits, which I ate. Now I feel bloaty and gross. 

• Like 7