• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sloth the Enduring

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer

1440 posts in this topic

Let's try to catch this up.

4/21/17 Friday - Friday I was tired.  I overslept. After work I took a nap; teaching isn't demanding either physically or mentally, but it is exhausting Somehow. After the nap I took the foster dogs to the vet, came home and went to bed.  No training.

4/22/17 Saturday - I got a ride in.  29 miles in almost exactly 2 hours. The good news is I can ride for 2 hours without any trouble or discomfort, the bad news is I'm too slow. I think I did DDP Yoga too, but I didn't write it down so maybe not. 

4/23/17 Sunday - we held Slothgirl's birthday party. It was at Michael's (a craft store).  The staff ran a bunch of crafts with the girls while they talked about Harry Potter.  Apparently Slothgirl runs with the nerdy girls who read too much. Mrs. Sloth did all of the at-home prep work.  I could have worked out, but for political reasons I thought it better to stay home and pretend I was trying to help.

4/24/17 Monday - more oversleeping. More errands. No training except for DDP Yoga. 

On all of these days I ate sweets.  Spending has been reasonable. 

11 people like this

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Let's try to catch this up.

4/21/17 Friday - Friday I was tired.  I overslept. After work I took a nap; teaching isn't demanding either physically or mentally, but it is exhausting Somehow. After the nap I took the foster dogs to the vet, came home and went to bed.  No training.

This is false. Don't discount how mentally demanding it can be. Teaching is hard. I know here, everyone is gearing up for testing, which adds in another element of stress to the equation. 

Slothgirl's birthday party sounds fun!

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:
19 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

This is false. Don't discount how mentally demanding it can be. Teaching is hard. I know here, everyone is gearing up for testing, which adds in another element of stress to the equation. 

Seconded.

19 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

4/22/17 Saturday - I got a ride in.  29 miles in almost exactly 2 hours. The good news is I can ride for 2 hours without any trouble or discomfort, the bad news is I'm too slow. I think I did DDP Yoga too, but I didn't write it down so maybe not. 

The good news is that you know you can be faster. #traininggoals

3 people like this

I agree with Sylvaa.  I find it mentall draining and I only do it part time.  

I had no idea Michael's did birthday parties.  I missed the boat.  Now my kids are too old and too cool for that sort of thing. 

3 people like this

38 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

... I could have worked out, but for political reasons I thought it better to stay home and pretend I was trying to help...

Been there, done that. Also, didn't do that a few times and usually regretted it. 

6 people like this

21 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Slothgirl's birthday party sounds fun!

Thanks.  Yes, testing. :( Last week was the reading test and this week is the math test.  I forgot how emotionally exhausting that is for everyone. 

11 minutes ago, EricMN said:

Seconded.

The good news is that you know you can be faster. #traininggoals

I Know I can be a lot faster. I need to get more miles in and I need to start riding with a group.

10 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I agree with Sylvaa.  I find it mentall draining and I only do it part time.  

I had no idea Michael's did birthday parties.  I missed the boat.  Now my kids are too old and too cool for that sort of thing. 

Thanks.  It's not an introvert's job is it?  

Mrs. Sloth is good at finding relatively easy, reasonably priced parties. If it was up to me we'd just rent a bouncy house every time.  Hell, if it was up to me we'd own a bouncy house, never mind that it takes up every square foot of our yard. 

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

teaching isn't demanding either physically or mentally, but it is exhausting

Physically you have to stand how much in front of the class? Up, down, up, down... and it is definitely mentally (and in a school emotionally) draining. And I only have two kids, with a lot of my prep work done for me, and we don't write exams. Being a good teacher is tough.

33 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If it was up to me we'd just rent a bouncy house every time.  Hell, if it was up to me we'd own a bouncy house, never mind that it takes up every square foot of our yard.

Bouncy houses/Jumping castles work every time! I still do parties for the boys; every year less elaborate than the previous one, but having a jumping castle or water slide available keeps them entertained and I don't have to think up any activities. But then my two and their friends are at an age where they think up their own activities and "dramas" to play out.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Apparently Slothgirl runs with the nerdy girls who read too much  has been properly parented

FTFY :)

6 people like this

4/25/17 Tuesday. I overslept again today. I had my STEM class after school. Instead of training after dinner I drank Tequila.  Tequila is low calorie and gluten-free, so at least I've met my nutrition goal. This week is killing me. 

10 people like this

Sorry you're having such a rough week. This is usually the part of the school year where teachers question: their sanity, their career choice, whether or not the end of the universe before the end of the week would be a good thing.

5 people like this

On 4/25/2017 at 9:43 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

It's good seeing you again Wolfie. Adulting is too hard, especially the financial aspects.  Ugh. 

The STEM class is great.  Today we're going to finalize our cars, Tomorrow we'll test run them and Saturday we race. I'll try to post a video.

The next Hammer Race is Oct. 7 if you can make your way up north.  October in Minnesota might be too cold for a Texan though. 

Tell me about it brother....OCR's are NOT cheap! Hell, the Spartan at the end of October already has the morning phase sold out and tickets are like $180 for the next phase... Thank God for the volunteer aspect because that's pricey for just one race.

STEM class!! Swanky dude, if you get a video that would be awesome!! You built a car right? Pics? Travel isn't terrible so I could definitely look into coming up there to race because it would be hella fun to run with you :) And I may be a warm-blooded Texan, but nothing some layers of compression can't fix hahaha. Maybe something like this?

982cc41e98720632610c729de7428473_monday-

LOL! I would look like a straight southerner wearing that get-up.

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

4/25/17 Tuesday. I overslept again today. I had my STEM class after school. Instead of training after dinner I drank Tequila.  Tequila is low calorie and gluten-free, so at least I've met my nutrition goal. This week is killing me. 

Clear Tequila is considered paleo by Robb Wolf, just sayin. Damn brother...I hope it get's better this week! Any chance for a relaxing bike ride to soothe the soul?

Wolf

1 person likes this

On April 25, 2017 at 10:58 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Been there, done that. Also, didn't do that a few times and usually regretted it. 

This is something all men have to figure out the hard way. @Tanktimus are you paying attention?

On April 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Physically you have to stand how much in front of the class? Up, down, up, down... and it is definitely mentally (and in a school emotionally) draining. And I only have two kids, with a lot of my prep work done for me, and we don't write exams. Being a good teacher is tough.

Bouncy houses/Jumping castles work every time! I still do parties for the boys; every year less elaborate than the previous one, but having a jumping castle or water slide available keeps them entertained and I don't have to think up any activities. But then my two and their friends are at an age where they think up their own activities and "dramas" to play out.

I get  ~6000 steps a day just in my classroom. While this gives me achey knees on occasion, I've had much more physically demanding jobs.  

A bouncy house or a water slide would keep me busy all day. Serious. What else would you need?

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry you're having such a rough week. This is usually the part of the school year where teachers question: their sanity, their career choice, whether or not the end of the universe before the end of the week would be a good thing.

Thanks.  It's just too much going on all at once. Next week will be cake. 

3 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Tell me about it brother....OCR's are NOT cheap! Hell, the Spartan at the end of October already has the morning phase sold out and tickets are like $180 for the next phase... Thank God for the volunteer aspect because that's pricey for just one race.

STEM class!! Swanky dude, if you get a video that would be awesome!! You built a car right? Pics? Travel isn't terrible so I could definitely look into coming up there to race because it would be hella fun to run with you  And I may be a warm-blooded Texan, but nothing some layers of compression can't fix hahaha. Maybe something like this?

982cc41e98720632610c729de7428473_monday-

LOL! I would look like a straight southerner wearing that get-up.

Clear Tequila is considered paleo by Robb Wolf, just sayin. Damn brother...I hope it get's better this week! Any chance for a relaxing bike ride to soothe the soul?

Wolf

$180?!? Holy crap.  I'd better stick to hammer racing. 

I don't know much about swanky, but I don't think that outfit fits the criteria. 

Good on to know dinner was Paleo.  It was a really nice bottle a friend gave me for watching his dog while he was on vacation.

Today I woke up on time and got out of bed right away, but I didn't train.  I don't remember what I did at all.  I have my STEM class tonight. There should be just enough time in between when my class is over and when the kids get back from their circus show for me to get in Yoga & S&S. Unless the siren call of Paleo Tequila is stronger. 

7 people like this

They have beer yoga, why not tequila kettlebells?

Don't answer that.

4 people like this

On 4/25/2017 at 10:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Tequila is low calorie and gluten-free, so at least I've met my nutrition goal. This week is killing me. 

Wait... I had something for this...

large.6aa38ffd2fc9f17b160dce71e8007f0c.jpg.5ef1e835cb1456578b2e71dc72ea8de9.jpg

I think I'll ask Tank to stock this at the Ranger Guildhall.

7 people like this