6 hours ago, Bearlee said:

the randomness of your threads bring us back.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095beb069652305a796f

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:35 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Me too! Still like them, but I haven't seen any more interesting, serious ones for adults.

I have never read them until now. By the time they came out I was already reading sci-fi and fantasy. I die a lot. 

On 11/13/2018 at 4:15 AM, Bearlee said:

Wooo Brother! DDP Yoga being done. Great to hear.

We love stories of plagues and gut faeries and strained backs. That and the randomness of your threads bring us back.

Thanks I guess. It doesn’t seem random when it’s in my head. 

On 11/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, jstanlick said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095beb069652305a796f

:) 

On 11/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, Xena said:

Yup, sitting here with a bruised tailbone from a fall on the rollerblades, I'm impressed :-)

Mrs. Sloth fell hard a year or so ago - she somehow blamed me despite my being on the other side of the rink - and was afraid to skate again for a long time. I saw another person fall like that a couple of times ago and she just laid there like she was dead until the paramedics came and got her up (we all just skated around her). Your getting back up like that was impressive. 

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

On 11/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Also we picked up a couple of foster dogs. A typical scruffy mutt and one that is some kind of unholy mixture of bat and possum.

47d08c33e987dc2a4b08d7ba431ca15e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel certain I’ve seen this dog hanging upside down in a nature documentary from Indonesia or Australia or somewhere

6474E140-F500-4A6A-8629-756F71135A55.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Thanksgiving Eve 

I haven’t fitnessed in a while. No real reason, life’s been busy, insomnia has been hard, but I could have trained if I really wanted. I’m not feeling bad about it, it’s just a thing.  But if I don’t get back on it soon the spring is going to be really hard as I try to ramp up for the longer races. 

Ive settled into a yoghurt with granola and fruit for breakfast and HUEL for lunch routine. This routine has kept me from eating garbage during the day. I don’t have a common lunchtime with anyone and I don’t really care if I’m eating real food if I’m shoving it down my food hole by myself anyway. 

I dont know what I have for randomness...

Last week I presented to all the sixth graders in the social studies class about Ojibwes and about my tribe in particular. They’ve been learning about them.  By happenstance it was Native American Family Involvement Day. I brought in some things I’ve inherited. My great grandparents made some of the stuff in the 19th century. The students were super respectful and interested. 

The foster dogs aren’t getting adopted.  Normally they go right away once they are available, but the people checking them out have had things come up, like being allergic to chihuahuas (these are scruffy mutts of indeterminate lineage).

Mrs. Sloth is on a diet (she never does that). It cycles carbs on a weekly basis. The two days where she’s low-carb are pretty tough on the rest of us. 

I think that’s all I got. Good night nerd friends. 

• Like 8

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The foster dogs aren’t getting adopted.

I don't know much about dogs but it seems the bat dog may not be cute enough?  Maybe you could try marketing it to a supervillain, it seems like the mind of dog that supervillains would have yapping around their lair

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I love batdog! He/she is my favourite kind of ugly-cute!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The foster dogs aren’t getting adopted.  Normally they go right away once they are available, but the people checking them out have had things come up, like being allergic to chihuahuas (these are scruffy mutts of indeterminate lineage).

I'd take that one in the red jacket with the green bow in a heartbeat if I lived closer.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I don't know much about dogs but it seems the bat dog may not be cute enough?  Maybe you could try marketing it to a supervillain, it seems like the mind of dog that supervillains would have yapping around their lair

BRILLIANT

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I love batdog! He/she is my favourite kind of ugly-cute!

I'd take that one in the red jacket with the green bow in a heartbeat if I lived closer.

BRILLIANT

giphy.gif

Dog update: The brown dog that might have been half gremlin found a home. The allergic guy really liked her and got more serious meds and adopted her after all. 

The bat dog might be demonic and is scaring people off. 

c4cc6536c8e4529ace7cf53e2cb533c0.jpg

Mrs. Sloth thought really hard about keeping her - she’s a real sweetheart - but Slothboy’s allergies kicked in. An old coworker of mine is going to check her out when she gets back in town. 

• Like 8

I got distracted and didn’t finish the updTe. 

Thanksgiving went well enough. It was a lot of work, especially for Mrs. Sloth, for only nine people.  Step-Sloth’s girlfriend was with us and will be here for Christmas. Her family doesn’t really do holidays I guess.  I’ve previously mentioned how I hate the Minnesotan goodbye. It started, I said goodbye to everyone, got my jammies on, checked into NF, came upstairs and laid down on the couch.  I got, “Jeez, are you anxious for us to leave or what.” Me: “You said goodbye a half hour ago, I thought you were gone.”  

Oh batdog just about tore up Grandpa’s much larger dog.  Which is surprising; she’s been deferential to all the other dogs she’s met. 

Friday, Slothgirl and I did our annual trip to the giant mall for Black Friday. We didn’t score any deals, but we ate the traditional Cinnabon and hung out all day together. It was nice.  We bought the Toys-for-Tots gifts (all Legos). When we put up the tree the kids finally noticed the baby section and the ornaments labeled “Elizabeth” (not Slothgirl’s name) and asked about them. We weren’t up for that conversation.  Maybe next year. (Not to vaguebook you, 14 years ago we had a preemie who didn’t survive, Christmas is still hard after all these years.  Which is weird when you consider a 14 year old daughter probably wouldn’t even like us right now :) ).

There is an online deal for bike parts that I still might buy. It’s still a lot of money, but it’s a whole drivetrain for 50% off.  Since I swapped parts from my old frame to the new one the drivetrain has four seasons on it and is about to start going. 

In the evening Mrs. Sloth and I went to the club and saw Lissie.  I wasn’t really sure who that was until I heard her. I’m not a big fan. She sounds like one of those 90’s singer/songwriters that is overly waily (is that a word?) It was a nice evening though and Mrs. Sloth really enjoyed the show. 

On the afternoon train I saw a guy chanting and weaving repetitious patterns with his hands. I’m pretty sure he was a wizard. For the record, urban wizards don’t wear cloaks, they wear hoodies with the hood pulled low. On the midnight train there was a lady chanting and weaving patterns with her hands also, but she had more of a cleric feel to her.  Somethings going down in the 612; the transition from fall into winter is always a dangerous time. 

Fitness...

Thursday I did DDPYOGA Energy (23 minute beginner level) and a kettlebell circuit.

* 5 halos at 16kg

* 1/1 reverse getups at 16 kg

* 10 KB swings at 24kg

* 10 goblin squats at 24kg

* 10/10 reverse lunges at 24kg

* 5 strap push ups

* 5 strap inverted rows

It was a good circuit,  but I’ve lost a lot strength and was bobbling reps and quit after two rounds. Next time I try it I’ll drop the weight and see how it goes. 

Friday - no fitness except for mall walking. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

On the afternoon train I saw a guy chanting and weaving repetitious patterns with his hands. I’m pretty sure he was a wizard. For the record, urban wizards don’t wear cloaks, they wear hoodies with the hood pulled low. On the midnight train there was a lady chanting and weaving patterns with her hands also, but she had more of a cleric feel to her.  Somethings going down in the 612; the transition from fall into winter is always a dangerous time. 

Let me know if you need some paladin backup.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let me know if you need some paladin backup.

Smite and a bastard sword would be a welcome addition.  

16 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Don’t sell yourself short on walking the Mall of America. You could of probably gotten 2 or 3 miles in without knowing it.

I did 4 laps at 0.6 miles each and a mile home from the train. So I got my steps in (~14000). 

Yesterday I did not get my steps in, or do anything else.  I got up early enough, but I slept from lunch until dinner. 

Getting my sleep straightened out ought to be my top priority. 

• Like 6

On 11/24/2018 at 7:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Sour beer might serve as a potion of protection. Or maybe I have that mixed up with pepper spray.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 11/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Which is weird when you consider a 14 year old daughter probably wouldn’t even like us right now

Current parent of a 14yo girl. Can confirm.

On 11/24/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Somethings going down in the 612; the transition from fall into winter is always a dangerous time. 

Friday was also a full moon. Also, the train is a regular hotbed of crazy. It's part of why I love it.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

On 11/25/2018 at 2:03 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve previously mentioned how I hate the Minnesotan goodbye.

We have got the same problem down here. My grandmother said the English leave without saying goodbye and the Afrikaners say goodbye without leaving.

• Like 5

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

We have got the same problem down here. My grandmother said the English leave without saying goodbye and the Afrikaners say goodbye without leaving.

I must be part English... I’ve been teased more than once for ‘smoke-bombing’- just deciding that I’m ready to go home and just going without doing the rounds of goodbyes.

I also put on my Pjs and wander around brushing my teeth etc if I think people have stayed at my house too long. Worst comes to worst they can see themselves out and I go to bed XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 11/25/2018 at 6:55 PM, Xena said:

Sour beer might serve as a potion of protection. Or maybe I have that mixed up with pepper spray.

I shall drink all the sour beer just to be safe. 

On 11/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, EricMN said:

Friday was also a full moon. Also, the train is a regular hotbed of crazy. It's part of why I love it.

After I read this I was reading about autistic children and stimming behavior (such as the kid who rocks himself) which led me to a video which showed repetitive ha d motions that some people do.  Which is probably what I saw. I was happier when he was a wizard. 

As an aside, one of the clips showed a finger tapping ritual I do when my brain is buzzing. Which made me question if I’m on the spectrum again. I’m not, I’m just an odd Surly Quietface. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, Jakkals said:

Hah. I’m stealing that. 

On 11/27/2018 at 3:25 PM, Yasha92 said:

I must be part English... I’ve been teased more than once for ‘smoke-bombing’- just deciding that I’m ready to go home and just going without doing the rounds of goodbyes.

I also put on my Pjs and wander around brushing my teeth etc if I think people have stayed at my house too long. Worst comes to worst they can see themselves out and I go to bed XD

I’ve never heard of smoke-bombing. I do that if I’m not with my wife. I have also done the go to bed while people are still here thing. 

• Like 5

I am having the hardest time keeping up here. Time seems to be floating away from me. 

Not much to report. The vet said the bat dog was a mix of chi hua hua and Mexican hairless. Makes sense, she’s built for the desert. My coworker backed out. Reading between the lines in her long, ramblely text, I think she had a an anxiety or panic attack about coming over to our house to meet the dog. She’s not exactly a people person. She’s a school custodian which is the perfect job if you don’t want anyone to talk to you. I have no idea how we ever ended up talking to each other. 

This is morning I had five people come in and observe behavior management in my room. Luckily the kids were on point and it looked like I knew what I’m doing. I joked when they came in that it was lucky I had already finished yelling at them and the crabby girl yelled, “You don’t yell at us, you just give us that look and we stop.”  :) I should have paid her for that one. 

Sunday - did not fitness.  I thought we were going to a new trampoline park and I was going to call that exercise.  Instead it was a giant bouncy house place and I sat around. The kids bounced for close to four hours - other familys cycled in and out on an hourly basis. Also, there was no concession stand with nachos. 

Monday - DDP Energy, ran out of time for more.

Tuseday - DDP Energy, ran out of time for more.

Wenesday - DDP Energy, 5x10 KB swings, ran out of time for more. 

Thursday - overslept, shoveled snow instead of dedicated workout. 

It’s apparent I need to get my morning routine in line. 

• Like 13

On 11/24/2018 at 7:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I just read this and got a big ol' cackle.  I wonder if they're in the same sect of hand-waving-flimflam.

I went to a Dead Can Dance show years ago and there was definitely a hand-waving urban wizard there, although he leaned more towards a Bardic interpretive dance, likely fueld by underground alchemical substances.  

9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Sunday - did not fitness.  I thought we were going to a new trampoline park and I was going to call that exercise.  Instead it was a giant bouncy house place and I sat around. The kids bounced for close to four hours - other familys cycled in and out on an hourly basis. Also, there was no concession stand with nachos. 

Trampoline parks are no joke.  That's some real cardio!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

“You don’t yell at us, you just give us that look and we stop.”  :) I should have paid her for that one. 

Oh man that is classic.  Well done student!!

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

shoveled snow instead of dedicated workout. 

This totally counts.  It probably actually counts as a more intense workout than your regular one would have been.   :)

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Also, there was no concession stand with nachos. 

Unacceptable!

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11