7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I say if he doesn't come back soon we flood his thread and facebook page with pictures of men wearing full length pants.

Year-round-shorts for life.  

• Haha 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

19 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Hello

330CF87E-09EB-4693-A297-C5690136AC3B.jpeg

This pic needs more bikes.

3 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Don’t mind me. Just going to lurk in the shadows for a while.  :ph34r:

Guzzi!!!! One of the NF OGs! I hope all is going well.

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hey, you still around? 

I've been lurking about, giving the odd "like" here and there.  I just haven't been in a posting mood.  I'll see if I can restart my BL tonight.

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

He’s working closely with investors to launch DeffySquat TV

Surprisingly, all domains, IG and youtube pages that incorporate Deffy Squats seem to be open.  

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

He’ll have plenty of time to check into it because I don’t think he’ll leave the house tomorrow 

B728E332-D5B9-49BE-B75A-71965FECEE0C.jpeg

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The polar Vortex is hitting Texas too. The lows are getting down to 36 degrees the next couple of days. 

You'd see my tears for you...

Except they turned to ice before they left my eyeballs.   Chi-town is getting that same range of windchills tomorrow.   BS Man.  B.S.

• Like 3

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

20 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

He’ll have plenty of time to check into it because I don’t think he’ll leave the house tomorrow 

B728E332-D5B9-49BE-B75A-71965FECEE0C.jpeg

I’m mall walking and the majority of teen girls are wearing belly shirts.  I haven’t seen any flip-flops yet. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m mall walking and the majority of teen girls are wearing belly shirts.  I haven’t seen any flip-flops yet. 

No flip-flops, but lots of slides. Because I’m an old man, I can’t help but think what if the car breaks down and you have to walk somewhere. 

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The polar Vortex is hitting Texas too. The lows are getting down to 36 degrees the next couple of days.

If you’re not used to it, 36F is damn cold. Stay wRm brother.  

———-

We have Monday through Wednesday off for snow and cold. It’s not very Minnesotan; the problem is that the bus system is so fragile that any disruption means some kids don’t ever get a bus and wait outside forever.  The timing is great though, Friday was the end of the semester so I don’t have any grading or planning to do (or to not do and feel guilty about.)

Monday - I kept putting off the workout figuring I had all day. Instead I binged Dr. Who while the kids binged The Sarah Jane adventures.  I’ve now seen all of the new episodes through the “death” of number 12. I’ll have to pay to see #13, so that won’t happen. 

When she got back from the Y, Mrs. Sloth said she wasn’t going to watch us sit around all day and made us go sledding. We then went to the library where we ran into a friend. We all went to Indiana food together and an early bed (not a euphemism).  

Tuesday - is going the exact same, except I was watching “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and we’re instead at the mall using some free ride wristbands we had. I’ll let you know what I do for fitness later. 

I’ll be honest, I’m not putting a priority on fitness. I have a hard time believing I’ll be able to race much this year so it just doesn’t seem important. 

• Like 5

Is the no racing a time thing or s motivation thing?

• Like 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

I just read a news article that says some places in Minnesota are going to go as low as -65C tonight. 

How?! How are you coping with this?! It sounds utterly horrible. Mad respect.

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Is the no racing a time thing or s motivation thing?

Mrs. Sloth is planning a summer full of adventures ecause last summer we stayed Home mostly. I know that starting and stopping my training leads to not being race fit.  

I just read a news article that says some places in Minnesota are going to go as low as -65C tonight. 

How?! How are you coping with this?! It sounds utterly horrible. Mad respect.

That must be utter hyperbole and the wind chill.  The worst in Minnesota will be -35c and here it’ll be -32c.  I’m not trying to be cavalier because homeless people are dying and freezing to the sidewalk, but it really isn’t that bad. Long underwear, boots, decent mittens, and a hat and you’re fine. The worse part is cabin fever, which isn’t so bad now that everyone is willing to spend all day staring at a screen (hence my running out of Dr. Who episodes).  My students might be in rough shape, some of them are dependent on school breakfast and lunch.  

The car won’t start and Lyft has reportedly tripled their prices so we’re staying in, but I did get out to shovel the end of the driveway and sidewalks.

0b1bb768641e269379bbd867828d1ed7.jpg

1/30/19 Wednesday 

i spent the day in. I watched some Black Adder which must be funnier if you know Shakespeare and British history.

Right now I’m on the trainer. I’ll put 90 minutes in. 

The DVD player died. I’m watching “Eat Race Win” which is about team chefs in the Tour de France. My biggest take away is that Americans are woefully undereducated. The Danish head chef, who dropped out of high school, speaks better English than me along with French and presumably Italian.  

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My students might be in rough shape, some of them are dependent on school breakfast and lunch.  

That's sad :( 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The DVD player died. I’m watching “Eat Race Win” which is about team chefs in the Tour de France. My biggest take away is that Americans are woefully undereducated. The Danish head chef, who dropped out of high school, speaks better English than me along with French and presumably Italian.  

Not counting immigrant languages North America has way fewer languages spread out over much more territory than Europe. Even if there was greater emphasis on Language, most people would lose their skills after school unless they took Spanish and live in the border states or French and lived in the really remote parts of Louisiana or the border with Montreal. The only exception I can think of is people who work heavily with immigrant groups, and even there after a generation or two most of that community would speak English due to the children going through school. Comparing the US Educaiton system to anywhere else in the world is apples and oranges. You and I both know there is room for improvement here. Even so, the phrase "comparison is the thief of joy" applies in this situation.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

i spent the day in. I watched some Black Adder which must be funnier if you know Shakespeare and British history.

Series one is not the best. It gets funnier if you stick with it although you might have a point about the base of reference. I highly recommend Peep Show if you can find it. 

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 1/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

We all went to Indiana food

What does Indiana food taste like?  I imagine it to be kind of corny

• Haha 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

18 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I spent the day in. I watched some Black Adder which must be funnier if you know Shakespeare and British history.

Agree with Deffy, the first series is rubbish, it gets waaaaaay better in series 2, and Blackadder Goes Forth is a masterpiece!  I’m currently working my way through the complete box set too. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 1/30/2019 at 7:30 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not counting immigrant languages North America has way fewer languages spread out over much more territory than Europe. Even if there was greater emphasis on Language, most people would lose their skills after school unless they took Spanish and live in the border states or French and lived in the really remote parts of Louisiana or the border with Montreal. The only exception I can think of is people who work heavily with immigrant groups, and even there after a generation or two most of that community would speak English due to the children going through school. Comparing the US Educaiton system to anywhere else in the world is apples and oranges. You and I both know there is room for improvement here. Even so, the phrase "comparison is the thief of joy" applies in this situation.

Solid points.  I keep thinking I should pick up Spanish to make my job easier or Flemish so I can watch live feeds of bike races. But I don’t really need one more thing on my plate.  

On 1/31/2019 at 12:14 AM, deftona said:

Series one is not the best. It gets funnier if you stick with it although you might have a point about the base of reference. I highly recommend Peep Show if you can find it. 

I liked series one. The king was great and the bumbling fool was aspirations of greatness was funny.  I’ll look for Peep Show.  

On 1/31/2019 at 4:59 AM, WhiteGhost said:

What does Indiana food taste like?  I imagine it to be kind of corny

On 1/31/2019 at 7:55 AM, Maigs said:

As a past Hoosier I can tell you it often involves chili with some sort of pasta in it, usually spaghetti

Weird. Indiana food tasted like mango curry and green curry.  Is naan made out of corn?

On 1/31/2019 at 12:30 PM, Guzzi said:

Agree with Deffy, the first series is rubbish, it gets waaaaaay better in series 2, and Blackadder Goes Forth is a masterpiece!  I’m currently working my way through the complete box set too. 

I did not like the second series.  Black Adder was just a jerk without any redeeming qualities. The fourth was incredible; I got all misty at the ending.  

45 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Hey man.

It's cold up there.

Stay warm.

Also, following.

Hey man.  It’s nice to see you here. I’m attempting a challenge right now.  You can find me here.    I’ll update my signature when I get on a keyboard. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

On 12/30/2014 at 7:54 AM, The Most Loathed said:

We tend to have a sever lack of serial killing. Blood would be hell to get out of the wood floors and our basement isn't adequately dungeony. Thanks for coming by. I enjoyed it and the game. I tried looking for anything around making Small World more approachable for visually impaired gamers and didn't find it but I don't have a lot of experience in that area so it's likely that I just don't know the right resources to reference.

love the dryer lifts.

Google is my go-to for advice

"MAKING EXCUSES BURNS ZERO CALORIES"

Battle Log

Current Challenges:  Walk to Mordor 2019