7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:
21 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Also, there was no concession stand with nachos. 

Unacceptable!

Seconded!

shoveled snow instead of dedicated workout

Shoveling snow is a dedicated workout.

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I just read this and got a big ol' cackle.  I wonder if they're in the same sect of hand-waving-flimflam.

I went to a Dead Can Dance show years ago and there was definitely a hand-waving urban wizard there, although he leaned more towards a Bardic interpretive dance, likely fueld by underground alchemical substances.  

Trampoline parks are no joke.  That's some real cardio!

You don't see much Bardic interpretive dance around here unless you count synchronized toe tapping and head nodding.

Trampoline parks are awesome.  

Oh man that is classic.  Well done student!!

This totally counts.  It probably actually counts as a more intense workout than your regular one would have been.   [emoji4]

[emoji4] That snow was fluffy nothingness that only took time, the next snow, however, was wet and heavy and worked up a big enough sweat that I was shoveling in a T shirt. 

All that running out of time should count as cardio ;-)

Good one Dad!

Unacceptable!

Seconded!

I was really looking forward to nachos and was sorely disappointed.

Missing Sloth stories!

Sorry.  I just haven't been feeling it lately.  I've been doing my usual stuff though.

I started a KBs for mountain biking training plan.  I haven't been doing the pull up PVP I signed up for.  Pull ups are much harder than they used to be.  Fatter and weaker isn't a good combination for pull ups.

A few days ago it was Mrs. Sloth's birthday.  We went to a restaurant that was about four levels more expensive than I would have picked for my self.  The cool part was I ordered half a bone and ate the marrow out of it.

Friday is my dad's birthday and it has turned into a CF getting something planned.

A couple days ago we had a code yellow* during passing time and the six graders panicked and ran down the hall into my room and I had like 45 kids in my room who were totally wound up at the end of the day.  It was awesome.

Yesterday we had a fire drill** right before my last class.  One kid was freaked out because it might be real, threw his books down, and ran out of the room and the building screaming.  We stood around outside in the cold and came back wound up and crabby.  That was also awesome.

*The code was because of a medical emergency and they wanted to clear the hall to make it easy for the paramedics and to protect the student's privacy.

**Someone broke the glass on a fire alarm.  May or may not have been on purpose.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

53 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It was awesome

53 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That was also awesome.

I'm sensing a smidgeon of sarcasm here

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The cool part was I ordered half a bone and ate the marrow out of it.

M-M-M-METAL \m/

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

One kid was freaked out because it might be real, threw his books down, and ran out of the room and the building screaming.  

I can appreciate this reaction, hyperbole or not.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

and the six graders panicked and ran down the hall into my room and I had like 45 kids in my room who were totally wound up at the end of the day.

Well they ran to your room, which says they trust you to keep them safe? Are you guys getting a break around Christmas time? Our schools are closing for long summer break (3-4weeks) next week, or end of this week (depending on who you ask, and who have finished writing exams). The boys and I are finishing up next week.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

A couple days ago we had a code yellow* during passing time and the six graders panicked and ran down the hall into my room and I had like 45 kids in my room who were totally wound up at the end of the day.  It was awesome.

Yesterday we had a fire drill** right before my last class.  One kid was freaked out because it might be real, threw his books down, and ran out of the room and the building screaming.  We stood around outside in the cold and came back wound up and crabby.  That was also awesome.

giphy.gif

2o912e.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 12/5/2018 at 7:15 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

All I can say is thank you for the snort laugh.

Rangering since Sept 2015

On December 5, 2018 at 9:10 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I'm sensing a smidgeon of sarcasm here

On December 5, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

2o912e.jpg

sarcasm-a-vulcans-first-defense-against-

Ignore the bottom part.  I'm too short of time for a better meme.

On December 5, 2018 at 10:19 AM, shaar said:

M-M-M-METAL \m/

I can appreciate this reaction, hyperbole or not.

Much as sixth graders love hyperbole, I think this was legitimate.  Probably had a traumatic fire experience somewhere along the line.

On December 5, 2018 at 11:22 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Well they ran to your room, which says they trust you to keep them safe? Are you guys getting a break around Christmas time? Our schools are closing for long summer break (3-4weeks) next week, or end of this week (depending on who you ask, and who have finished writing exams). The boys and I are finishing up next week.

I thought that too after a bunch changed direction to come to my room.  I guess its nice that they think I can keep them safe.  

We go until the 21st.  I get two weeks for Christmas break.  I can't complain about being a teacher sometimes.  Mrs. Sloth is spending down her inheritance to take us to the Dominican Republic - also her sister is a travel agent and got us a discounted room.

On December 5, 2018 at 4:12 PM, KB Girl said:

hi! 

200w_d.gif

best-health-and-fitness-quotes-its-alway

That should say, "A day without KB Girl..."

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

All I can say is thank you for the snort laugh.

My work here is done.

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Let's see if I can remember...

12/5/18 Wednesday

I had a trainer ride planned.  Instead I sat with Slothgirl and forced her to do her homework.  She hates math because she thinks she isn't good at it (she is) and it was a needlessly complicated worksheet the teacher found on the internet without previewing carefully enough.

12/6/18 Thursday

Skipped my workout.  I can't remember what got in the way.  I did some birthday shopping for my dad, but that didn't take too long.

12/7/18 Friday

I got out of bed on time and got my KB workout in.

Circuit of clean and presses at 20kg, chin ups (singles, 'cause weak*), staggered stance squats at 20kg*, swings at 24kg

*I might switch to inverted rows so I can match the rep scheme.  Also it's a more bike specific movement.

**I could go a lot heavier except its an awkward movement.  I might switch to lunges.

• Like 6

When my son was little, anytime our smoke alarm went off ( more than you'd think, apparently I often burn things on the stove)  he would immediately run outside and wouldn't come back in until the alarm went off. I think he's grown out of that now though:smile-new:

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Let's see if I can remember...

12/5/18 Wednesday

I had a trainer ride planned.  Instead I sat with Slothgirl and forced her to do her homework.  She hates math because she thinks she isn't good at it (she is) and it was a needlessly complicated worksheet the teacher found on the internet.

Sra. Tanque has a coworker I have nicknamed "Tony Worksheets."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I might switch to lunges.

For me, I can do lunges with much lower weights and feel like I've blasted my legs waaayyyy more than squats. Now, that may mean I either don't do lunges often enough, or don't go heavy enough on squats, but either way, if all I've got is KB's or DB's, lunges are the way to go.

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:04 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mrs. Sloth is spending down her inheritance to take us to the Dominican Republic - also her sister is a travel agent and got us a discounted room.

Oh wow! Enjoy!

Huh, worksheets... won't tell you the boys' opinion about them. Rocco's biggest gripe though is that he does the sums in his head, then only writes down the answer. I want him to write down how he got to it, especially if the worksheet wants to practice a specific method.

23 hours ago, jstanlick said:

For me, I can do lunges with much lower weights and feel like I've blasted my legs waaayyyy more than squats.

The same here, so hubby had a look and told me to go down a lot more with squats. Now I dislike squats almost as much as lunges, but funny enough I like X-over lunges.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

What's a staggered stance squat like? 

On 12/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, jstanlick said:

For me, I can do lunges with much lower weights and feel like I've blasted my legs waaayyyy more than squats. Now, that may mean I either don't do lunges often enough, or don't go heavy enough on squats, but either way, if all I've got is KB's or DB's, lunges are the way to go.

It's a completely different movement chain, the strength from one also hardly transfers over to the other. 

• Like 3

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 12/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

to take us to the Dominican Republic

Oh, man, mad jealous. I hear the surfing and snorkeling are awesome there. It’s high on my list. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 12/5/2018 at 9:15 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

That was also awesome

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means...

(jk, I am letting the sloth sarcasm flow thru me)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 12/7/2018 at 11:11 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

12/5/18 Wednesday

I had a trainer ride planned.  Instead I sat with Slothgirl and forced her to do her homework.  She hates math because she thinks she isn't good at it (she is) and it was a needlessly complicated worksheet the teacher found on the internet without previewing carefully enough.

I'm facing the same issues with Jitters Junior. He knows the steps, and knows how to get to the end, but somehow has turned math into the enemy. Any pro level tips for struggling parents?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

On December 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM, Elastigirl said:

When my son was little, anytime our smoke alarm went off ( more than you'd think, apparently I often burn things on the stove)  he would immediately run outside and wouldn't come back in until the alarm went off. I think he's grown out of that now though:smile-new:

Poor little dude.  

On December 7, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sra. Tanque has a coworker I have nicknamed "Tony Worksheets."

Hah.  Worksheets are so much easier.  

On December 8, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Marauder said:

I finally had to give up on barbell squats.  I never did figure out the whole lightheaded thing.  I tried everything I could find anywhere. *shrugs*  Sadly, I hate lunges, but kettlebell squats are enough for now.  LOL.  I still think maybe its related to ankle limited range.

Weird.  I wonder if you were cutting off circulation somewhere or forgetting to breathe (I do that).  I prefer lunges actually.  Goblin squats are great for you.

On December 9, 2018 at 7:29 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh wow! Enjoy!

Huh, worksheets... won't tell you the boys' opinion about them. Rocco's biggest gripe though is that he does the sums in his head, then only writes down the answer. I want him to write down how he got to it, especially if the worksheet wants to practice a specific method.

The same here, so hubby had a look and told me to go down a lot more with squats. Now I dislike squats almost as much as lunges, but funny enough I like X-over lunges.

Mrs. Sloth like X-over lunges the best too.  I think it has something to do with her hip mobility/ stability.

My students actually prefer worksheets because they know how to do them and there is a very discrete end point.

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

What's a staggered stance squat like? 

It's a completely different movement chain, the strength from one also hardly transfers over to the other. 

Basically my legs are in the same position as if I were standing on the pedals of a bike.  When I get near parallel I get wobbly and my knees get achey.

Looking at the entire program, it started with goblin squats -> went to staggered squats -> split squats -> lunges.  I think I'll skip ahead in the sequence.

To my uninformed self I would have guessed they were interchangeable as they use the same muscles.

23 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Oh, man, mad jealous. I hear the surfing and snorkeling are awesome there. It’s high on my list. 

Yeah, it should be nice.  I don't think I pony up for snorkeling or anything.  I think I'll just sit in the surf and let waiters bring me fruity drinks while I get sunburnt.

5 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

I'm facing the same issues with Jitters Junior. He knows the steps, and knows how to get to the end, but somehow has turned math into the enemy. Any pro level tips for struggling parents?

Good Lord, I wish I knew anything, anything at all.  Now that I now that homework is mostly grading on whether or not the parent is willing to spend time sitting with their kid, I have minimized how much of the grade that homework makes up.

• Like 3

12/7/18 Friday

I already talked about this day's fitnessing.

My dad's 75th birthday was kind of a sad affair.  If you spend your whole as an introverted hermit who doesn't even talk to your family, you have no one to invite to a party.  We went out to eat and had cake at a place that was too affordable for a milestone birthday.

12/8/18 Saturday

I did DDPYoga Fat Burner.  I was going to do my light KB workout, but after I finished yoga I went upstairs in my workout gear (boxer briefs) to drop off laundry.  While I was upstairs a friend dropped Slothgirl off.  She wasn't staying, but she and Mrs. Sloth did the whole Minnesota goodbye thing and I couldn't go downstairs.  By the time they finished saying goodbye without leaving I was asleep.

* I couldn't get dressed either because I keep my clothes in the basement.

12/9/18 - Sunday

I was supposed to ride, but I'm not ready to face either the cold or the trainer yet.

The Twin Cities Geeks are having a toy/ book drive.  I emptied out the birthday gift shelf (I buy Legos on sale) and the four different science experiment kits people gave me because baby nerds without toys makes me sad.

12/10/18 - Monday

It is a tough day at work, but I don't think I should talk about it so Imma vague book you.

I did the medium KB workout minus the deadlifts - I skipped deadlifts because it would have taken a better/ longer warmup and I would have had to do it after school and I would have ended up skipping the workout.

It was a circuit of 1/1 get ups at 16kg, 15 KB swings at 20kg, 7 push ups, 15 leg raise ab thingies.  I did 3 rounds.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was supposed to ride, but I'm not ready to face either the cold or the trainer yet.

Sounds like you need another round of good bad movies. In the past when you've been consistent with the trainer over winter there was a correlation of movies to review.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Seems like a lot has been going on.    I"m one of the "Math is the enemy types."   I seriously opted out of college because math was such an issue.  >.>  Travis is my Spirit Animal.

See below.

tumblr_ov9508GOdW1rvvjlso3_500.gif

tumblr_ov8bv8XWEy1r4gmj5o2_500.gif

It's not even proper winter yet, and I am already so done with the cold.  Today - the temps said 30, but it was that biting brutal 30... I hate when it's like that.   But then, on the days it's snowy, 30 feels great.   So weird how cold can be different types of cold.   You should watch some Critical Role on the trainer!   PERFECT SOLUTION!   It was the best 600 hours I've invested in a long time! :D

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100