The people united can never be ignited.

Hello~ I am 30 years old and about 177 lbs. I was at my lowest weight in the army 9 years ago, and I'd like to get back to the toughness I had during those times (42 pushups in 2 minutes! 16:10 2 mile time!). I started seriously trying to get fit and lose weight about 6 months ago, and I've lost 15 lbs, but I have some trouble with consistency. Some of my friends have had some success here and I'm hoping to as well. Luckily, I like RPGs, so I think I might be in the right place. 

I do have a few questions for anyone reading this: 

1. Anyone else think "Received item: Car Key" or "Quest Completed: Buy Groceries" in their normal life? In a nerd forum I can't be the only one... right? RIGHT? 

2. Anyone else played/playing Dragon Age: Inquisition?

3. Poodles are the best dogs. I guess that one wasn't a question. 

4. Remember American Gladiator? I loved that show. The women were so badass. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

• Like 3

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

I do have a few questions for anyone reading this: 

1. Anyone else think "Received item: Car Key" or "Quest Completed: Buy Groceries" in their normal life? In a nerd forum I can't be the only one... right? RIGHT? 

2. Anyone else played/playing Dragon Age: Inquisition?

3. Poodles are the best dogs. I guess that one wasn't a question. 

4. Remember American Gladiator? I loved that show. The women were so badass. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

1. I think that a lot; I have a task app on my phone to remember the various errands I need to run and when I press 'complete' on each one, I kinda feel like I need some jingle or some musical acknowledgment to play once I do.  Or when I frantically look for something in the grocery store, I wanna lift up the item I find and hear the little sound from Legend of Zelda.  But alas.  Stupid boring real life.

2. I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition.  I have a friend who already finished it and loved it so I need to continue my game here over the weekend.

3. I MUST VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE MADAM!  I BELIEVE THAT CORGI'S ARE THE BEST BREED:

the-stages-of-derp-dog-version_o_1221263

GAZE UPON THAT NOBLE MAGNIFICENCE!   SURELY NO OTHER BREED CAN HOLD SUCH GRACE AND AWEINSPIRING STOICISM.

4. The women were badass on that show.  Personally I have grown fond of female kickboxers and MMA fighters myself.  So powerful, so strong, and so damn gorgeous.  Not only that, but I feel like I can attain that kind of strong beauty, unlike other ideals currently put forth in magazines.

I will be amazon.  I will be the goddamn Wonder Woman

1370624922000-Animated-Wonder-Woman-1306

Anywho!  Welcome to NerdFitness!  I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of likeminded, awesome people here!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Haha, I remember getting home after school and turning on American Gladiators.. that show was kickass!!  I remember 'Zap' and 'Ice'...

Welcome!  You are truly in the right place. ^____^

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

ohai~

1. Yup.

2. Yup.

3. I must insist that in my opinion, the best dog is E-chin.

4. I never saw it.  Sad panda is sad.

5. What do you mean there is no 5?  Of course there is.  It's a ninja 5.  You just can't see it, but it's there.  Anyway, the answer to 5 is yes, we should totally go to tea or somewhere comparably fun sometime soon.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

1. Once in a great while, my mind will go all RPG on me.

2. Nope, but I might've seen a LP on it.

3. Sorry, allergies here.

4. Never saw it, but I'd like to be more physically fit.

I encourage you! :D

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

1. Once in a great while, my mind will go all RPG on me.

2. Nope, but I might've seen a LP on it.

3. Sorry, allergies here.

4. Never saw it, but I'd like to be more physically fit.

I encourage you! :D

Thanks! :D

Omg, herp derp corgis are awesome!

They're aight. 

ohai~

1. Yup.

2. Yup.

3. I must insist that in my opinion, the best dog is E-chin.

4. I never saw it.  Sad panda is sad.

5. What do you mean there is no 5?  Of course there is.  It's a ninja 5.  You just can't see it, but it's there.  Anyway, the answer to 5 is yes, we should totally go to tea or somewhere comparably fun sometime soon.

E-chin is a good dog but she doesn't like butt scritches like real dogs. Also she's a cat. 

Also yes on #5. 

I use HabitRPG which is an app/website that let's you gamify your life so you can get experience and gold for completing your todos and dailies and building good habits. It works out really well.

I use Habit RPG too :D We just finished a quest where we gathered testimonies. I'm a healer on there because there were already two mages in my party when I joined. Do you have your winter outfit yet? 

Haha, I remember getting home after school and turning on American Gladiators.. that show was kickass!!  I remember 'Zap' and 'Ice'...

Welcome!  You are truly in the right place. ^____^

I think Phoenix was my favorite. I also liked Hellga because she was funny. 

Also thanks :D

1. I think that a lot; I have a task app on my phone to remember the various errands I need to run and when I press 'complete' on each one, I kinda feel like I need some jingle or some musical acknowledgment to play once I do.  Or when I frantically look for something in the grocery store, I wanna lift up the item I find and hear the little sound from Legend of Zelda.  But alas.  Stupid boring real life.

2. I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition.  I have a friend who already finished it and loved it so I need to continue my game here over the weekend.

3. I MUST VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE MADAM!  I BELIEVE THAT CORGI'S ARE THE BEST BREED:

the-stages-of-derp-dog-version_o_1221263

GAZE UPON THAT NOBLE MAGNIFICENCE!   SURELY NO OTHER BREED CAN HOLD SUCH GRACE AND AWEINSPIRING STOICISM.

4. The women were badass on that show.  Personally I have grown fond of female kickboxers and MMA fighters myself.  So powerful, so strong, and so damn gorgeous.  Not only that, but I feel like I can attain that kind of strong beauty, unlike other ideals currently put forth in magazines.

I will be amazon.  I will be the goddamn Wonder Woman

1370624922000-Animated-Wonder-Woman-1306

Anywho!  Welcome to NerdFitness!  I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of likeminded, awesome people here!

Wouldn't it be awesome if when you completed something there was the Final Fantasy victory thing? I have imagined it in my head, but it would be better if it really happened. I applaud the desire to be an amazon! I'm not tall enough but I definitely like the strong muscley look. I hope I can get there. 

Okay, corgis are cute I guess. 

Anyway thanks all for the lovely welcomes  :mushroom:

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

You're welcome. Now I must look up this "Habit RPG" thing. You guys've got me curious now.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

I'm short.  I'll never be a tall amazon either.  But strong?  I can do that.

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I use Habit RPG too :D We just finished a quest where we gathered testimonies. I'm a healer on there because there were already two mages in my party when I joined. Do you have your winter outfit yet?

No, but I have the money necessary to buy it. Just being lazy about the thing.

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

I'm short.  I'll never be a tall amazon either.  But strong?  I can do that.

Strong is awesome :) So have you done a challenge before? I see that you're a monk. I am thinking about going that route at some point. 

No, but I have the money necessary to buy it. Just being lazy about the thing.

I love the seasonal outfits, especially now that I have all of the regular healer outfits. I missed Summer and Fall though because I forgot to log on. 

You're welcome. Now I must look up this "Habit RPG" thing. You guys've got me curious now.

It's basically a nerdy to-do list where you get gold and XP for completing dailies (some of mine include "shower", "eat breakfast", and "work out") and to-dos. You lose HP if you don't do dailies. You and your party can go on quests. I need a to do list and one that is disguised as a game works for me. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

I'm gonna look again, because I was kind of sleepy the first time, and see if they have it for PC. My phone is so, so old and doesn't have a big screen (or even a touch screen) or apps like that.

I'd love to try it on my computer.

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

I'm gonna look again, because I was kind of sleepy the first time, and see if they have it for PC. My phone is so, so old and doesn't have a big screen (or even a touch screen) or apps like that.

I'd love to try it on my computer.

I don't use the app. I just use the website. I've been told the android app is fine but the iphone app is terrible. 

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Strong is awesome :) So have you done a challenge before? I see that you're a monk. I am thinking about going that route at some point.

I can't wait to be strong!  And yup, I am an aspiring monk!  I have not done a challenge yet; the next one will be my first and then for my second challenge (since my first challenge will be done during a busy time for me), I'm gonna look into learning Krav Maga.

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Okay, going to sign up! :D

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

I tried habitrpg but had no friends doing it so I just... Let myself die. It would be awesome to try again.

Also, I'm super serious about this wonder woman thing. Boyfriend got me this for Christmas... b42b527aa41fe0699f51d834e14c7362.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I can't wait to be strong!  And yup, I am an aspiring monk!  I have not done a challenge yet; the next one will be my first and then for my second challenge (since my first challenge will be done during a busy time for me), I'm gonna look into learning Krav Maga.

Yay so we'll be doing our first challenge at the same time! I am going to try kickboxing, parkour, shao-lin kung fu, and possibly karate in the next few months. One of my goals this year is to choose a martial arts focus & start taking classes. 

Okay, going to sign up! :D

Yay :D

I tried habitrpg but had no friends doing it so I just... Let myself die. It would be awesome to try again.

Also, I'm super serious about this wonder woman thing. Boyfriend got me this for Christmas... b42b527aa41fe0699f51d834e14c7362.jpg

That. Is. Awesome. I love the boot-socks XD

• Like 2

Level 8 Asura Warrior

Yay so we'll be doing our first challenge at the same time! I am going to try kickboxing, parkour, shao-lin kung fu, and possibly karate in the next few months. One of my goals this year is to choose a martial arts focus & start taking classes. 

W00t awesome!  Kickboxing is a lot of fun, I loved it.  I have not done kung fu nor parkour but I've always leaned towards the more 'brutal' than graceful or form based martial arts, thus my leaning towards Krav Maga.  That is an awesome goal to have and I hope to do the same.

Spoiler

---

---

---

All right. I've rejoined and I posted in the NF guild. I'd love to join a party... :)

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I'm in, and I joined the unofficial NF guild!

My name's the same as on here. I also joined a couple of challenges and some other guilds.

• Like 1

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Thanks, I'll get to it later! :D

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

I'm already on a full party in Habit RPG or I'd invite all of you. I didn't know there was a NF guild though. I'm going to have to go look for it. 

W00t awesome!  Kickboxing is a lot of fun, I loved it.  I have not done kung fu nor parkour but I've always leaned towards the more 'brutal' than graceful or form based martial arts, thus my leaning towards Krav Maga.  That is an awesome goal to have and I hope to do the same.

Yeah I did Pai Lum kung fu for a year or so in high school, but recently a shao lin kung fu place opened up near my house so I'd like to try it. Krav Maga should definitely be effective though! 

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior