• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SigridEllis

Strength Squad

Howdy all! Here we are, in the Strength Squad. What are your muscle-y goals for this challenge?

Mine:

Deadlift 165 (currently 145)

Bench 105 (currently 90)

60-second unassisted plank (currently 10 seconds)

20 prisoner squats (I can do 10-ish, sort of)

thanks for setting up the squad, beast! my goals:

-- main goals --

Squat: 125lbs (currently 90)

Deadlift: ~175lbs (currently 120)

< 29 min. 5k (i know not strength, but need to focus on this!)

-- extra points for these --

Box jump: 24 inches (currently 19(

Turkish Get Up: 15lbs (currently 7.5, just tried for first time on Saturday)

Thruster: 60lbs (currently 37lbs)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvm4qgr8pH2odAkTbxUmGfPv51qIh87C1BfujbEY4vmS6i6uFC7uy7PaNx

Wooo! I'm in Mama T's squad. I feel stronger already :)

I mostly just want to push to failure every workout and set PRs every time. For specific exercises I would love, and realistically think I might be able to do

50 pounds each arm for push press. (I'm using dumbbells FYI). I've never had much luck I getting stronger in this. I'm at 35 now

10 hand stand pushups in one set. I did declines tonight but have done handstands before, maxing out at about 5

10 pull ups in one set. 6 or 7 would my PR. Today was 4

3 minute planks each side. Tonight was 30 seconds. One minute is my PR

Will add more as I do the other workouts. I don't even know what they are yet so I can't hazard a guess

Following dumbbell division of the rebel strength guide btw

Strength Squad!!! Cool to see we're starting off with a lot of activity. Let the energy legs continue through this challenge...

I mostly just want to push to failure every workout and set PRs every time. For specific exercises I would love, and realistically think I might be able to do

50 pounds each arm for push press. (I'm using dumbbells FYI). I've never had much luck I getting stronger in this. I'm at 35 now

10 hand stand pushups in one set. I did declines tonight but have done handstands before, maxing out at about 5

10 pull ups in one set. 6 or 7 would my PR. Today was 4

3 minute planks each side. Tonight was 30 seconds. One minute is my PR

Will add more as I do the other workouts. I don't even know what they are yet so I can't hazard a guess

Following dumbbell division of the rebel strength guide btw

Damn, I really like the whole 'push to failure', that's beastly. Do you do handstand push up unassisted? Like, without a wall?

Hey all!

My strength goals:

Squat 200 (currently 140)

Chinups, 3 sets of 5 of 'em.

Auxiliary goal: perfect form on my dead lifts and lifting 200 lbs.

aw, shucks, Rob! good to see you in these here parts :) i'm quite excited to see how the strength works for you this time around.

I want to join! Not really sure how squads work but I am working on building strength, so I figure you all can hold me accountable.

Goals: 20 push-ups and 1 pull up!! And having good form on deadlifts and squats...once I have good form I will set a weight goal, but since I'm not positive I'm doing it right there's no sense in me making a weight goal. Can't wait to one day be half as strong as you all !

awesome, new members! Strength Squad totally kicked butt last challenge, so you guys are in awesome hands. CalvinHobbes - form is super important, so great plan on that. :)

Same here just want to get back to doing my Stronglifts every day.

Goals: 225 deadlift, 195lb squat 5x5.

I am really embarrassed to put such tiny numbers out there but hey got to start somewhere!

Same here just want to get back to doing my Stronglifts every day.

Goals: 225 deadlift, 195lb squat 5x5.

I am really embarrassed to put such tiny numbers out there but hey got to start somewhere!

lol, my goal this challenge is to get my deadlift and squat above 200lbs. Hooray for tiny numbers

Level grind: the big goal is to get my bench on par with my other lifts: target 100kg. Love to grind deadlift max over 200 too: just ten kilos away. Any squat progress at all is welcome. Gonna do a midwinter test as the benchmark.

Strength Squad!!! Cool to see we're starting off with a lot of activity. Let the energy legs continue through this challenge...

Damn, I really like the whole 'push to failure', that's beastly. Do you do handstand push up unassisted? Like, without a wall?

Oh god no. I am BARLEY comfortable doing the handstand as is. If more than three sets were called for I probably wouldn't try

pre-emptively added myself to the google doc, looking for some inspiration to keep up for a full six weeks, usually lose focus at about a month

Same here. Last time I had an off week on week 4 (or 3, already forget). I think that was from taking too much on (that'll teach metro challenge Spezzy to something). So I'm hoping that doing shorter (but stronger) and fewer workouts will help with burnout.

pre-emptively added myself to the google doc, looking for some inspiration to keep up for a full six weeks, usually lose focus at about a month

Sounds like that's going to be part of the challenge ;)

You'll surely find some awesome motivation here... or so I hope.

I just want to do every one of my stronglifts 5x5 workouts during the 6 weeks.

No goal lifts, but I will get stronger, no doubt.

Same goal here, and yes, if you do the SL program, you will definitely be getting stronger. Just did my first 12 weeks of SL5x5, trying to carry the momentum into this challenge for 6 more weeks. Some benchmarks I'm aiming to hit during the 6 weeks: 300# deadlift, 275 squat, 225 bench. Keep us posted on progress!