Strength Squad

SigridEllis

Haha don't get too excited. I'm a three trick pony. If it's not squatting or Olympic lifting I'm pretty much terrible at it. You should see me slog around the block. I make it look way harder than it should considering I weigh in the 160's. Heavyweights you can understand when they can't run. Me, I just look redunkulous.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Dude that's good work. I think this one is a pass/fail. You either do it or you don't. Unless you just quit without really trying but that's pretty much not doing it. Good job!

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Ok this was as terrible as I built it up to be in my own head. Whoever's idea this was I'm no longer your friend. I'll forgive you in time but today isn't the day. And probably not tomorrow. The next day isn't looking so hot either.

Did this as a finisher after clean and jerk work and front squatting to max so that's my excuse for not hitting 10 rounds, which I told myself I should. I ended up doing 9 rounds + 3 reps @ 115kg/253lb. I think it was 3 reps. I believe I blacked out and lost a few minutes I'll never get back so who knows. I might have done a few more in "car accident mode" but it's unlikely. My stop watch was in the neighborhood of 20 minutes before I could see enough to think about peeling myself off the ground. My HR was estimated at 180+ at this time and I probably had been laying prone for a solid 9-10 minutes by the time my cognitive faculties could deal with the procedure. It's now hours later and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall over when I stand up. I'm counting this as my holidays cardio. Bring on the starches!

So, you know, good luck everybody else! Hahahaha.

This is win.

And um, yeah, I can barely walk today, and I only used a baby weight.

Welcome! This is awesome! Powerlifting or Olympic? Good luck! Definitely let us know how it goes!

It's Olympic lifting for now... Thinking about power lifting too! THANKS so much!!!

@Angela, Way to go! That's really freaking awesome!

Thanks!! I'm really excited!!! And nervous... but, mostly excited!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Ok this was as terrible as I built it up to be in my own head. Whoever's idea this was I'm no longer your friend. I'll forgive you in time but today isn't the day. And probably not tomorrow. The next day isn't looking so hot either.

Did this as a finisher after clean and jerk work and front squatting to max so that's my excuse for not hitting 10 rounds, which I told myself I should. I ended up doing 9 rounds + 3 reps @ 115kg/253lb. I think it was 3 reps. I believe I blacked out and lost a few minutes I'll never get back so who knows. I might have done a few more in "car accident mode" but it's unlikely. My stop watch was in the neighborhood of 20 minutes before I could see enough to think about peeling myself off the ground. My HR was estimated at 180+ at this time and I probably had been laying prone for a solid 9-10 minutes by the time my cognitive faculties could deal with the procedure. It's now hours later and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall over when I stand up. I'm counting this as my holidays cardio. Bring on the starches!

So, you know, good luck everybody else! Hahahaha.

Dude, clearly I'm not pushing myself enough. Next time I do Death by Squats I'll up the weight I used AND go to failure instead of stopping when it seems like it would be a good idea, but hopefully failure will come before the passing out stage, because that doesn't sound like very much fun.

Blergh, feels like I'm coming down with the cold that's been floating around the office. I want to lift after work today and just deal with the consequences tomorrow. Is this a Bad Idea?

well there's the golden rule that if it's above the neck, you can still workout, but if it's below, you should rest.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Whose idea was it to do death by squats? Holy hell.

Seconded. This turned into metcon cardio way too quickly. I finished my 9 minute level with 4 seconds left, then almost fell over. So, that's 9 complete rounds at 205 lbs.

Challenge Completed. What's next?

update -

OOOOHHHH MMMMYYYY GGGGLLLUUUUUUUUTTTTEEESSS

they're on fire...

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Started Stronglifts today, woo!

Also did Death by Squats with 60# -- 60% of my newly tested 1RM. Made it through 11 rounds and had just enough time to rack the bar, think 'oh what the hell' and unrack it again to start round 12 -- managed five more reps before my legs decided that I should stop. They were very polite about it, though, so if we do this again, I'll probably go up in weight again, because clearly I'm not getting as much death as everyone else seems to be.

Or... orrrr we all need to bow to your energy legs.

Heh. The NRoLfW workouts was having me do 4 sets of 20 reps of dumbbell squats with my heels elevated, and I was doing this holding a 25# dumbbell in each hand. Which is 80 squats holding 50 pounds (alternating with other things but still that's a lot of squats) so I guess after that... doing 11 rounds of death by squats is only 66 squats, and there's so much resting in the first half. Yay for endurance training?

There was also the body weight matrix, which the program has you do in a different stage: 24 squats followed by 12 lunges with each leg, followed by 12 jump lunges with each leg, followed by 24 jump squats. You do this at the end of the lifting bit. I never managed to get through the 24 jump squats without stopping -- kept breaking them into sets of 12 and 12 with a few seconds in between to recover. Did I mention you do this after you do all of the lifting?

Started Stronglifts today, woo!

Also did Death by Squats with 60# -- 60% of my newly tested 1RM. Made it through 11 rounds and had just enough time to rack the bar, think 'oh what the hell' and unrack it again to start round 12 -- managed five more reps before my legs decided that I should stop. They were very polite about it, though, so if we do this again, I'll probably go up in weight again, because clearly I'm not getting as much death as everyone else seems to be.

This is chock full of WIN!

As I posted in my thread, the last week was terrible due to illness, and this week isn't going to be much better. Sigh.

boo illness!! But it's best to rest up and come back strong whenever you can. Listen to your body.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Yeah, I don't really know how my progress is going anymore because I'm doing different things, but I'm feeling pretty awesome about what I'm doing.

And that's all that matters, imo.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Week 4 wrap up (right? we just finished week 4?)

SL still going strong. Pendlay rows are beastly but I love them. Added interval training in post lift on Thursday and Saturday (theoretically).

Injured myself sometime around Thursday so no lift on Saturday. Lots of mwods to help once I could move my leg without wanting to cry.

Also, did some light yoga. Hoping that'll keep me going.

Progress on my other goals is basically non existent. No new foods (I bought 1 but forgot and let it rot in my veggie drawer-damnit), no sewing (ugh, lame), have yet to attempt or do handstand, have been negligent on push ups.

Oy. I need to step up my game.

My next round of measurements are due. I'll probably measure tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll be working out tonight (leg feels ok...but not 100%).

Turkey Workout? This was literally the first thing that popped up on google when I searched for "workout turkey". :D

I love the internet.

Week 4 Check-In

1 . GAIN MUSCLE & SPEED.

squat goal - 125lbs: done 11/17!

deadlift goal - 175: up to 150!

<30 5k: done 11/12! my 5k last weekend timed in at a 9:43 mile. Not breaking any records, but better than i've done in the past! we'll see how my turkey trot goes.

2. SPEAK UP.

Met some people when I went out for my birthday. 4/4 so far!

3. PRACTICE PUNCTUALITY.

Have not been late to work since week 2! so 2/4... i feel success on the horizon for the last two weeks

4. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

This week, i definitely did not do so hot with the homework front. I turned it all in, but some was a bit late, and not my most quality work. I give myself a B-

So overall, an A- for the week. i'll take it!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines