Revenge of the Nerd

hi.

im shapeshifter. A shapeshifter is all things at all times and that often seems like me, and just when you start wondering if what you are getting is the real me, I shift. and show you a whole new thing.

I change. I mimic. I take what I like, adapt, discard, metamorphisize. And wake up.

Maybe I can convince this thing that lugs me around to shift a bit too.

After reading some of the pages on the very excellent NF, Ive realized I'm kinda a gnome. Living in The Shire.

It's really green here. and quiet. Nothing much happens and when it does it is the talk of the town for six months. Most people are old but you can never figure out how old (like Frodo) and they never ask you in greeting "staying out of trouble?", as people do in all other places, for the answer is simply that you daren't. We are known for our pipe smoking of leaves and merriment in ale and trees (guess what province I live in!) and consider ourselves "people of this land" and rarely like to leave.

I'm not really like these people. much. I've become quiet and squirrely (gnomlly?) and need to reawaken and just get out more. I've looked in on this site a few times over a year but knew I wasnt motivated enough. But suddenly something clicked: and I am so ready to *hit kick my own a$$ (can I swear here? Im an underzealous pottymouth and this is 18+...hmmm...)

Me- I was never really into sports but grew up with the outdoors (biking, camping etc) and I just seem to have gone through my life thus far collecting experiences. Good experiences, bad experiences, university, bands, communes, solo backpacking and getting into all kinds of shenanigans, train hopping, sailboat vegabonding, living poor and living pretty decent, bad partners (ha!) good partners, and through all of it I seem to just kinda laugh and keep going. I guess thats the shapeshifter in me.

so heres a shift

Ive been gettin into the Hunger Games, and rather than be a heroine, Im going to take Joanne. And f*ckin rage. and take revenge - on christmas cookies, and not liking my body while loving myself, on bad habits and no energy and watching entire freakin seasons (or two!) at once. Im going to own my anger and chew up an old me and spit out a new me

post-34652-0-50506900-1419414850_thumb.j

I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits.
-  Bernard Moitessier

Weighty weight loss {goal= 25 lbs total} start 147lbs. Today=147lbs

0%
0%

YAYOG 10 week

0%
0%

If we can't swear here I am going to struggle ;)

From one newb to another... hell yeah!!! (polite version, could really do with clarification on that swear thing...)

Wood Elf Waywatcher | Level 0
Strength: 0 | Dexterity: 0 | Stamina: 0 | Constitution: 0 | Wisdom: 0 | Charisma: 0

Intro | Lv1 Challenge | My walk to Mordor... And back again tracker | The road to Rivendell began 01/01/15. 32km completed, 701km to go!

Now Im mainly spending some time checking out all the boards - I tend to have to really KNOW a topic and jump into it, becoming somewhat obsessive, so I'd like to say I'm casually checking out some posts trying to figure out a routine and how to actually do exercises (mainly only on NF although I;ve ventured into other fitness sites when trying to figure out what the equipment in the gym is exacly - and i still dont get the stability balls entirely, cant imagine not feeling ridiculous on one!) since im a complete noob at exercising and all things fitness related, but in reality that "casually" means hours and hours, and im still not sure so Im just stickin to body weight routines, I suppose.

If your new to this I'd love to hear how you choose one thing/way to concentrate on....

I hate storms, but calms undermine my spirits.
-  Bernard Moitessier

Weighty weight loss {goal= 25 lbs total} start 147lbs. Today=147lbs

0%
0%

YAYOG 10 week

0%
0%

I feel you on the 'equipment at the gym thing', to be honest I am thinking that I am going to keep to body weight exercises mostly. I want something I can do anytime/anywhere even on vacation. I may not be able to stick to my diet as well on vacation, but I think I can find a workout routine that I could still go through, but that's late July, so I have time.

Akuyo - Level 0 Lycan Rebel

Stats: 0 STR, 0 DEX, 0 CON, 0 STA, 0 WIS, 0 CHA