TheLight's Battle Log

My goals are primarily to lose some weight (target weight 230) and get some stamina back (run a mile without walking). To that end, I'm starting the Paleo Diet with my wife, and will be doing stretches and some basic exercises at home. This will be my battle log. 

Background: I'm a recently married (last year) IT guy (desk job) that loves building things (construction/renovation/gadgets), cooking (yum, calories!) and the outdoors (hiking/camping). I'm 6'6" and fairly strong, but I can't run 100 yards without huffing and puffing. 

Weight Issues: Before the wedding, I was 300lbs. I took a crash diet (Medifast) to lose weight for the big day and managed to get to 250lbs. I actually managed to keep that weight for about 6 months, but then things at the job got crazy and I ballooned back to my new starting weight of 294 (as of 12/30/2014). So my main goal is to get down to 230, and then figure out if I want to go lower. 64lbs... 

Health Issues: I've had chronic heartburn on and off for years. the longest I've been without heartburn was the 6 months when I was at a "healthy" 250lbs. I'm also always getting sick around the season change. It starts with sinus issues and goes downhill from there. I know the extra weight heavily affects all of this, so I hope it will clear up with the improvement there. 

Plan: Paleo (ish) diet with basic bodyweight exercises to start. Glad I found NF to help with guidance on this. 

Here's to the journey! 

Battle Log

Weight-loss Goal (294lbs - 230lbs):

12.5%
12.5%

Today's the first day officially on Paleo and I have to say it's pretty easy so far (famous last words!). I've felt surprisingly full with only a little bit of hunger before lunch and the need for a snack in the late afternoon (4pm). I've been very thirsty all day, though. I think this is the remnant of the cold I've been fighting off, though, and not the diet switch. 

Breakfast - Crustless Quiche wedge and a banana

Lunch - Tuna Fish Salad (homemade) in red pepper bowls with some cherry tomatoes and a sweet potato pancake

Snack - Plantain Chips (only thing at the store even remotely paleo, will really need to work on this)

Dinner - Rack of Lamb with Balsamic Fig reduction. Wow, this was tasty.  

Exercise - Lots of stairs and extra walking. No real exercise. Lack of time is a big problem with my two hour commute. 

Battle Log

12.5%
12.5%

So far, Primal/Paleo is going really well. Both the Wife and I love the new diet, and have turned a few hours of our weekend into our weekly meal prep time. It's been a delicious bonding experience! :D

I've also lost a good amount of weight so far. I'm down 8 lbs so far, and haven't even started exercising yet! I'm really starting to look forward to this year. 

Battle Log

12.5%
12.5%