I am a 39 year old woman, divorced this year.  I am determined to get fit enough to do the things I want without slowing others down.  I like hiking. A LOT. I just finished a 3 day hiking trip with a bunch of 9 year olds. They wore out before I did... first time for that.  I want to get into some gymnastics and want to build a base to start that.  I am a juggler, specifically contact juggling and 3 ball/club toss.  Working on improving that.

I've been doing the challenges, but I don't like the gap in between.  A year ago, I was a couch potato, eating poorly, not exercising much.  This year, I did C25K, ate better, lost weight.  

I am running 3 miles on a training run now, going to do a 4 mile race in January. I joined a gym for the weight room and starting to lift.  No deadlift bar available though.  Still just starting out and focusing on my upper body, doing assisted dips/pull ups, bench dumbells, barbell rows.

Starting stats

Weight: 204 lbs

Waist: 33 inches

Hip: 45 in

Arm 14

Thigh 24

Calf: 17 in

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

Ok, update time!

202 lbs this morning... 2 lbs down now! Woohoo!  

Yesterday, after my post, I went to the gym.  I increased my dumbell weight from 12 to 15 for presses. It's been a while too. I did dips and pullups on the assist machine at the same peg as last time... 170. 

Today, I ran 2.2 miles around the block. It is on a good sized hill, 150 ft incline.  I PRed my 1m, 2m and 1k time... even counting running uphill!  I was pretty happy.  

This afternoon, I juggled in the park with friends... a weekly thing I do.  The SCA was having a tournament and a few members were watching us. I gave lessons to 1 person.  Anyway, worked on a few old skills to clean it up.  Also worked on a new pattern.  Two ball shower in one hand.  That's new.  So technically, my jugging goal for the challenge is met, but this is part of a larger trick I;ve been trying to get.  

Current challenge

I had a really good juggling session today. Feel like I broke some barriers.  My 3 club cascade is smooth most of the time and go for long runs. I'm learning new patterns.... 2 ball shower and a 423 (W)... got a few good runs.  

Contact juggling, several behind the neck rolls, stall and reverse mid chest roll... and  a lot more control. Even stalled on the outside elbow accidentally a few times!  Woohoo!  Barriers coming down!

Current challenge