Not going to say a definite length of time to photolog. Until I feel comfortable with my intake. I can't use mfp or strictly count cals because it's a gateway behavior to disorder for me

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Do what you need to do. ...jim gained weight after his cancer surgery and he wasn't as immobilized as you.

I gained weight during my painful leg time.

It happens. ...so we'll take back that ground. ...you are a triceretops! We can do it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

And craziness happened Thursday

My friend Yolo has the best interpretation 45a44fde6bccc8dda9cff660a2f4a970.jpg246e1aa0863f9b9b8fd215140ab8ca1b.jpg756565f612a466aded7367121f5a2858.jpg

This is where I was lost

18e0a1c203ef1e381623ad580e7936e0.jpg

I'm so stiff

Ugh

But it's ok because I'm in a hammock now. It's raining but we've got the rain fly up. Because of the woods the angle is a little steep and I'm getting drops (we have bunk bed hammocks and tarp over zombie AND me so it's weird)

More later

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Wow wow wow, glad you're dry(er), found, and rescued.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

What the what? WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND WOODS MISHAPS? At least tell me you didn't re-injure your knee. 

And then you come back from all that battling the wilderness to deal with card whining confusion. Awesome, says a guilty party. 

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Well I was really sore and stiff but not terribly so

Managed to hike a total of 6 miles and bike 22 over the course of this 3 day weekend. Fri-sun nights were in a hammock ;)273f4c585cc414304bb963a54439419f.jpga5339e195ce117abed739c47ad3a6b91.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

d2d809098c4f826a075266de26078f13.jpg7b8f7ef08ff9f05c87897cc8f1cd4e8a.jpgc920c965a6166e2ebd54e0353c8b098a.jpg5ba17ea745d9327e27ade8ecad75e6db.jpg

I was having charging issues so there aren't many photos

Spoiler

bbda5d57cdbf4bb1d0b60c5961fd2191.jpg

Also

I won a fitbit competition this week

• Like 2

Spoiler

Copy from nfafb

It's been a long weekend.

Thursday started with an impromptu berry picking trip (which netted very little because they weren't very ripe ) and ended with a spur of the moment kayak trip .... and THEN ended with me upsetting the boat and being unable to get back in it and losing it to the current then sitting on the bank in the dark alone waiting for someone to rescue me repeating "I'm a ranger I'm not going to die" the cell phone died it took 2 hours for them to find me and another hour to climb the hill through the brush and briers (then find out that i sat for 2 hours in poison ivy thank GOD I'm not allergic)

So then Friday was a rest day. Went up to the wv/va/md line and camped (and it rained but my rain fly held and we stayed dry)

Saturday we ran around in Harper's ferry them hiked 3 miles to a FABULOUS shelter on the at and camped. Was my first hike with my new training pack (upgraded to internal frame from an external frame that I bought USED in 1992?ish? ) amazing pack. I'm weak like a kitten. Got a HUGE blister on my foot.

Sunday we hiked back 3 miles to the car. Still weak like a kitten. Find that someone stole 2 of the bikes off the car :( (and rifled through my car sigh) so we went to Walmart and bought ones to return (because i didn't want to change plans and i wasn't up for more hiking! ) rode maybe 0.5 miles and realize the seat is totally not adjusted right and is rubbing me wrong. The boy was supposed to have the tools so I kept going to catch him. When I catch him he doesn't have them. Sigh. Ended up doing 8.5 miles. (In about 90 min) We didn't claim our camping spot before biking do someone took where we wanted to go and we had to be on the pavilion (read that as bad hammocking actually WORST night I've ever spent in a hammock)

Today fixed the bike seat and rode. Did 11 ish miles in 2 ish hours. The very first time I did 10 miles it took me 12 ish hours and I was DEAD the rest of that day (and I wanted to cut short the rest of our trip and never bike again). The seat incident from the day before made it difficult (and let's not talk about peeing BURN! I LOVE desitin)

I kept trying to beat myself up. I kept thinking "why the HELL am I so dang slow m oh yeah I'm recovering from smily knee and this is my first bike trip in almost two years. " or "ummmm duh smily knee recovery and it's my first trip with a weighted pack since my injury"

I'm coming back. And it's so odd to think how much more capable I am NOW when I feel weak as a kitten than I wad when i started.

(All that to say it's been a busy weekend and I'll get on the card exchange tomorrow after I have the file up with the surgeon ;) )

• Like 3

Spoiler

Me too

So the pictographic documentation of my meals will begin today

Spoiler

I'm coming back. And it's so odd to think how much more capable I am NOW when I feel weak as a kitten than I wad when i started.

I love that the only thing you're failing at is beating yourself up!  :)

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Final scheduled follow up with the surgeon today

He said "I think you're right on track. Actually you're doing much better than I expected you to be" (he said he had expected it to be a couple more months till I was able to return to hiking and laughed when I said I'd have to be dead to stay outta the woods that long)

I don't have to see him again unless my progress stalls or I lose progress. He's very excited to see me at the level I'm at. I'm cleared to try running/squats/dead lifts! He said just continue to listen to my body and work on strength. He doesn't see any reason why I won't return to 100% and then some.

The minor issues I'm still having (pain with rotational movement, difficulty with strength in the bottom of a squat, loss of depth in my squat, that weird divot that's still in my quad) he thinks COULD be a mild minusces (sp?) tear or quad tendon involvement but he said he thought that the patella took the brunt of the impact and they will probably clear up soon. If I stop progressing or go backwards I'll go for an mri to make sure but since I'm improving ahead of schedule it's just a wait and see thing

• Like 2

Spoiler

Also I downloaded twogrand and user name is alienjenn

Spoiler

Since I was cleared to squat and dead lift that's what i did

85c378576568757259c8fbf8cd33d595.jpg2243fa76ab9e7400882d552d1a14a3db.jpg

Used a step pile for squats since I'm having trouble with depth. Kept it at parallel and kept weight to just the bar.

92bb652b22e74ef586f8e935f123845a.jpge0d285f372a3171c17980493f4175d77.jpg22aeba50e7e633105189d4ad21555d10.jpg

Is weird how I've gained (almost 30#since April) but my calves look so much awesome. They are the ONLY part that's shown improvement. Hmm

• Like 2

Spoiler

Respawn update

Screen shots from my diary at two grand

Today is day seven of logging

ec9e9371703b42af77e3cf74826d6a82.jpg3a83de4945232aba823b2b69ba60d792.jpg8e427b13baccc7bb88a32fef8e89c736.jpg9c1b01d65cc24d82f0358f754fb8ce66.jpgb0f92cb2b9b18a2c771f7b548843131b.jpgd0a4d485499ede45bbfa9de1f767ceca.jpg

I'm noticing that because of the way my work is sometimes i eat more on one calendar day than others (like if i eat lunch before midnight it goes on a different day) is weird for me to think in 24 hr time (ie 0001-2359) rather than the day is the day i wake up until I go to sleep (ie Monday is from when i wake up Monday till i go to sleep then Tuesday is when i wake up)

I know it makes little difference calloricly it's the same calories over the week anyway

I'm noticing it's easier to stick to the no chocolate/added sweets rule.i had a Hawaiian smoothie at red Robin. So yum. It DID have grenadine which technically is added sugar but it was coconut cream and fruits so i was ok. I drank about 3/4 and decided I was done felt weird.

Cravings for sweets are dramatically better.

Although my river adventures netted me some pretty fabulous poison ivy and i went for prednisone and Atarax today :(

e3356030125793eb99b607bf1bfb101a.jpg (that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's everywhere even on my boob :( )

Spoiler

I'm feeling very unmotivated. I'm tired. I'm sore. I itch like hell. Last week at work was horrid. Sigh

Spoiler

Alienjenn I've been lurking on your log for a while (like....months) but coming out of the shadows to tell you that you are freaking awesome, an NF rockstar and a huge inspiration. I am sorry you're going through a tough time, especially with the poison ivy (ugh) but the poison ivy will go away and you will still be your awesome self. I have witnessed a lot of awesome here and I have absolutely NO DOUBT it will continue  :)

also a very Happy Birthday to you!!!!

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

I love prednisone

Feelings leaps and bounds better

Worked both days of my birthday (nights makes it possible ;) )

Thanks guys

Spoiler

Woke up early went to the gym

6af0e521262a8feae92a201b42f5642b.jpg351e843ee13aa21463e3bbb400c910d1.jpg

Was sad about my bench being weak so I was looking at my graph and got excited insteade62d1b06f79ae3c8b54950f3f2e4bcf9.jpg

felt cute

c05e9956a53e8b4eb426c9815d99990a.jpg And now I'm getting coffee before work ;)

• Like 2

Spoiler

I RAN OUTSIDE!

Two one minute intervals in my walk tonight. It was NICE. Totally nice.

I think I'm going to be able to increase again. Going to work on getting my music back on my phone so I can work on intervals to get faster again.

ab6304b2a613a4de0048d628d18a49ff.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Pre knee injury, I had gotten to 16 minute miles (ok it was 16 and change but still sub 17) and I could run a straight 5k 

smile emoticon

I'm about to get back to that 

wink emoticon

for some reason I thought I had gotten this time down to 59 minutes but I can't find it in my logs. The best time I can find is 72 minutes. this is 81 minutes with only 2 run sessions... so I think I will TOTALLY get it back 

tongue emoticon

also.... this

11058381_10205372918097323_423123771251311760153_10205372918217326_4416393751110

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3Tv9o02I1VqbQ7uaGtcoX9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Spoiler