I have decided at least for now to switch to a battle log since it seems that is mainly what my challenge logs have become... 

I have a few goals for 2015... I am gonna figure out this place and what my goals are and whatnot... 

anything goes here... this is a place for complete transparency

• Like 5

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

copy/paste my last post from my last challenge thread... to cntinue over here... it's a pretty good breakdown of where I am right now... 

see my backstory link in my siggy

so mini update

monday... saw the hand doc... got the cast off... and got a splint... 

10421961_10203966901307782_543449390232610405291_10203966901667791_6744259336075

(and yes... the knob takes it to 11)

I am allowed to lift TEN POUNDS with my left hand... Doc was like... how should I write the restriction, do you want me to limit you to no lifting or light lifting... I said "I can probably lift 100# in each hand" she was like "ok then ten pounds in the left hand it is"

I am to wear the splint until the next visit (4 wks) although I can start weaning it off in 3... I asked her if I could start back with barbells by then and she said "absolutely not, I understand you want to lift so lets get you COMPLETELY healed before you try ok?"

so no more barbells for at least a month... I have my first appointment with physical therapy on tuesday next week... at my last appointment she told me that whoever told me that I had arthritis in my hands was wrong... so at this appointment I told her I would like to follow up and investigate this pain... for ~16 years now I am stiff/painful when it rains or when it's cold... if I forget my gloves on a cold day it can take HOURS to warm back up and get to the point where I can move again... I told her of my mom's history of rheumatoid and osteo and gout and she said "well that's another story I am glad you pushed it let's investigate it"... she drew some rheumatology blood work and I got me a referral to a rheumatologist... (my appointment is right before valentines day)

I have been doing simple ROM exercises... and EXFOLIATING and moisturizing...

exfoliate_dalek_by_tomascosauce-d53xady.tumblr_mwkkt2cK4z1r8nliio1_500.jpg

this is pretty much my life.... that's about it... 

got the kids to do some cleaning... 

10308377_10203967728888471_4905729045209She's asking me when the boy is going to put the terror machine (vacuum) away

10888782_10203968204780368_1770965068238Ninja cookie cutters. ... I think the top left looks more like the aol guy... I could have a flashback themed party. ... and have aol cookies

I needed this

10414836_10203968221660790_4905423239990

I think the striped straw makes it a Christmas cider

10891768_10203969979584737_4412067847054

I love this guy  :D

My facebook status today... 

ok guys... I am looking at my race/vacation schedule for 2015....

Ginny - spartan in asheville... when?? also I know I have to register to volunteer so I can race for free... I will have to contact them to figure that out and you should too... spartans aren't cheep

Nicole ?? tough mudder here in virginia... in may??

also I have to put in for vaca for CNF2015... because.... I just gotta... would be nice not to be an actual zombie the first day 

have I told anyone else I would race with them??

LET ME KNOW NOW or forever hold your peace... I want to submit for vacation time!!

so it looks like I have 

2 may - VA tough mudder

29 aug - sprtan with Ginny in asheville (one of the carolinas)

30sept-4oct - CNF2015

also trying to plan this:

spring break 2015... 27 mar-5apr (that's a friday through the next sunday or 10 days) kids have a half day on the 27th and I don't have to be back til late on the 5th... I am planning to go at least one way south and then north (so through tenn etc and go up indiana the LONG direction so @childofscorn and peeps we could plan a visit) and then go across ohio and come down the eastern seaboard (so I could totally plan stops and whatnot)

I will plan a day trip to chicago ( insert names of chicago FB nerds) POSSIBLY a day trip up into michigan...

I just requested vacation time and all this planning is tentative until it is approved for certain... but lets talk nerdcation 2015!!!

I made my youtube channel public... (tags alienjenn, nerd, fitness, nerdfitness)... go ahead... google me... tell me what you see  :)

10350512_10203974163929343_2043100672193

and I realized how prolific I am  :D

and then today I had my first appointment with my new PCP... I LOVE HER!!!

I talked to her about why I LIKED my last doc (I like being able to use some "non standard" medicines.... and treating things with FOOD/supplements before trying medications...) and I talked to her about what I DIDN'T LIKE (the parasite thing and the fact that he wouldn't listen to me when I wanted to explore my super fatigue and his super hippieness... ) 

I talked to her about my depression and anxiety and the things that I have tried before... celexa gave me super nightmares... I didn't sleep more than an hour for 11 days... I was so crazy... lexapro... I didn't notice any difference the last time I took it... I was only taking a small dose though so that may be it... anyways... she said she didn't want to try another SSRI or fiddling with the lexapro dose since I had such severe reactions to one SSRI... we are going to try welbutrin... it's kinda going to mess with me because she wants me to take it in MY "morning"... so when I get up and get ready for the day... and not at a consistent time (so it's to be at 2000 or 0800... rather than 0800 EVERY day... sigh) I am not sure how to set my phone to alert me so I remember to take it... 

anyways... she said if I took it before trying to sleep that it might interfere with my sleeping (that it would give me energy)... I took my first dose tonight (at about 2130) and it's now 0230 and I am still awake... we shall see how this goes... I am a little scared because it seems like there are only two reactions to welbutrin... VERY positive... or VERY negative... I have been monitoring myself for allergic response (very common for me) and I seem to be ok... and I am praying for a positive response... I am tired of being tired and depressed and it's terrible

ALSO she is going to draw blood (buncha thyroid stuff and cortisol and yearly labs and whatnot) when I told her that I was concerned about possible adrenal fatigue (or chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia) she was like well why don't we just chck you out and see what we can do... (since she wants to do a cortisol I am trying to stay up until nearly 8 to go in... she said that today would be the best day to test that since I have had a long stretch off... if I can't stay up til then I will have to go next week)

so it looks like things are moving foreward... 

I am feeling hope for next year... I feel like if I can get my depression/anxiety under control I can get everything else under control... I understand that I am the thermostat in my family... and when I act like the thermometer instead it isn't effective in maintaining peace... and I might not be so easily upset and and and... 

maybe I can even get myself sorted out enough to get a boyfriend!!!

• Like 3

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

definitely some awesome there :D

I did very well on Wellbutrin but was on too many other drugs simultaneously and that screwed shit up, but I remember it worked well with almost zero side effects, and J reminded me of a good theory about meds, bc sublingual ones (Saphris specifically) work best for me, and he was thinking that bc it bypases my gut that way, I have less allergy issues bc of it....so I dunno what else is out there, but its given me hope for meds again.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

love your face,

love your updates,

love your new doctor,

love your new split!

xoxoxo

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

love your face,

love your updates,

love your new doctor,

love your new split!

xoxoxo

I love you more girly

Awesome posts! I always love a post with tons of info with some visuals to break it up. following for sure now.

Then you'll love it here. .... I take a LOT of photos

Spoiler

definitely some awesome there :D

I did very well on Wellbutrin but was on too many other drugs simultaneously and that screwed shit up, but I remember it worked well with almost zero side effects, and J reminded me of a good theory about meds, bc sublingual ones (Saphris specifically) work best for me, and he was thinking that bc it bypases my gut that way, I have less allergy issues bc of it....so I dunno what else is out there, but its given me hope for meds again.

I'm praying it works for me. ... I'm tired of feeling homicidal/suicidal/anxious/furious/etc
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Got the call from the hand clinic. ... only things off with THAT blood work was my uric acid and glucose (I ate as I was driving to the clinic it was only 135) and my bun (a kidney number. ... although it was less than it was two years ago so who knows)

• Like 1

Spoiler

And this happened

f19b55eeeaad8c9ad26fb731f3a38319.jpg

I wanted to reply "because a good man speaks proper English not bingo"

• Like 5

Spoiler

Welcome to Battlelog Land :)

I'm glad you're starting to get the right kind of medical providers for you.  You deserve the best!

And - upbeat music, whovian skin care, ninja cookies.... this thread is already asploding with awesome!

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Come as You Are - Pocket Full of Rocks: http://youtu.be/T-5_iw9Vk2k

Spoiler

Welcome to Battlelog Land :)

I'm glad you're starting to get the right kind of medical providers for you.  You deserve the best!

And - upbeat music, whovian skin care, ninja cookies.... this thread is already asploding with awesome!

I have been a LONG time trying to deny the things that are wrong with me... it's time to fix that

and you ain't seen NUTHIN yet

Lol the guy's name. Dick-free man. I think you were wise to pass on that one.

I know right??

Subbing over here. Maybe one of these days I'll be motivated to do a battle-log. But today is not that day....

it's my girl!!!

eh... it's one or the other so :P

You know I'll be here!

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME.... er... my thread

-----------------

updating

full of random copy/pastes from FB and whatnot

I think I picked a bad week to start a lock down on my diet. ... (My plan was to do a modified whole 30... not quite while 30 but no dairy strict paleo and no coffee)

I went back to work (after three weeks off for being in a cast).... I started welbutrin (I'm tired of being depressed/anxious so I'm trying a new thing... My kids are still on vacation (this I think is the most stressful of all the things on my plate because it screws up my sleep)

I've decided I'm going to LOVE myself and not give up coffee yet. .... I woke up with an insane caffeine headache and I can't handle it on top of everything else. ... I'm still doing BETTER if I'm not eating dairy (I've totally overdone it over vacation and my guts hate me)...

I'm actually not beating myself up about it either. ... I can't deal with so much at once. ... It's refreshing. ....

10906240_10204003618385686_1201561524818well... I didn't make it... I wanted to have a total of 6mil steps by NYE... I was THIS CLOSE.... so my goal is to get 9mil by NYE2015 (which is actually 9k steps a day... I may reevaluate this later in the year)

I am trying so hard to pay attention to my limitations and my restrictions... I ACTUALLY told someone I couldn't help them pull up their patient tonight.... that was hard

one of my long term goals is to "bench press a buick"

I just googled and a buick weighs ~3600#

I got a LOT of work to do (ok... I may not be able to bench one ever... but I think I should be able to push it  )

I need this shirt 10868150_10152837060503819_2041891463356

10464199_1018042521545414_41836179616060

10407650_10203981702557804_3372589392063

this was from my first night back at work... I can't believe how big that shirt is... :P

I just put my bra on without my splint on and I realized that I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds with my left hand so I probably shouldn't put my bra on without my splint on

Got the call from the hand clinic. ... only things off with THAT blood work was my uric acid and glucose (I ate as I was driving to the clinic it was only 135) and my bun (a kidney number. ... although it was less than it was two years ago so who knows)

She said it's possible I have gout but it doesn't physically look like gout so I'm to follow up with my primary

10891719_1016914051658261_45764819563216

10386829_10203975156034145_443020847989510888636_10203975156194149_1915421591881

Batch cooking for the week

that's my +5 two handed pan of cooking... it gives an automatic +5 con to all food prep'd in it

thinking that I need to come up with a way to effectively gauge/treat my energy levels/tiredness... we use something in the ICU called RASS (richmond agitation sedation scale) which measures a person from unarousable to supremely agitated... I may end up trying to come up with a scale so that I can guage stuff... because I THINK I feel like I have more energy... maybe... but it is hard to subjectively gauge that... 

• Like 3

Spoiler

That's awesome. The dear self picture is what comes up on my lock screen. :)

And I'm off the road and off to bed now. Goodnight and it was great chatting with you earlier!

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Like 1

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Ooh...what's all in the pan on the left? It looks yummy!

On the left? Sausage (one pounds) browned up with a red onion and half a container of shrooms.... then two small ish sweet taters and eight eggs (scrambled in a bowl and dumped over) baked at 350 45 ish minutes

I wish I had cast iron cookware

Then get some! It's all I use. ... I have a couple cast aluminum pots but mostly cast iron. ... even for baking and muffins and pies and whatnot

That's awesome. The dear self picture is what comes up on my lock screen. :)

And I'm off the road and off to bed now. Goodnight and it was great chatting with you earlier!

I need to remember that

Spoiler

Desert Song by Hillsong United. w/lyrics: http://youtu.be/urxW5KVvriI

Spoiler

NEWS FLASH

HOLY CRAP
I just got both feet off the wall
in a shoulder stand

it was ugly as HELL and I didn't sustain it for long...

but I DID IT!!!

YATA!

I GOT BOTH FEET OFF THE WALL!!! my third attempt at shoulder stand... sorry for the camera angle my spotter didn't want to wait... I kinda freaked out when I got up and dropped right away.... I GOT THISS!!!!!

• Like 7

Spoiler

YOU GO GIRL!

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

YOU GO GIRL!

thanks I am so super proud!!!

Keep pushing your limits, and reaching your goals. Its awesome you got it one video.

check my youtube channel... I have a LOT of video :)

---------------------------

10917898_10204022713823060_2158430912501

I love you guys... thank you for believing in me and loving me!

• Like 1

Spoiler