I'm proud of Ezra

I've been trying to train the puppy not to try to jump OVER me to get into bed (because she's not as good at jumping as she thinks and she lands on me and she's fat and owww) for the entire times we've had her (more than a year now)

Since my knee injury a week ago she's jumped on me twice which had resulted in hours of tears

So she's gotten to where she'll come to my bed and give me that please mom look. ... and I'll tell her go to the bottom and wave my arm towards how I want her to come up. ...

Last two days she's been very good about not jumping ON me

64f67ff0c66eabb360a795e577a7ba4e.jpg

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Pr pr pr

Dressed/bathed myself today (OK it was a baby wipe bath but that's better than nothing right?)

I'd been working on warrior poses and pistol squats prior to injury. ... pistol squats have saved my life. ... seriously I'm not sure if have been able to get to the toilet if i couldn't do a crutch supported pistol squat! .... and today i learned i can do a crutch supported warrior pose (i forget which number it is) but i can pick stuff up. ...

Also. ... I've been using the crutch for more than just a crutch (like i turn it around and use the armpit part to hold my foot to help lift it into bed and i used it to help move covers ands whatnot. ...) i can't figure out why that surprised every staff person i worked with in the hospital. ... it's not my first time on crutches. ... like I've probably had 100 sprains in my life (that's probably an underestimate)

And while i was getting dressed. .... these pictures do NOTHING to describe the emotions that calf elicited in me. ... I'm like DAMN! !!!

e498add0599677cebab9120b9ae2655c.jpgd218eaf82386edc6e3d7d654b9043435.jpg3b906cb1c762b50fe25501eafa0f03c1.jpg74ef2626b9063bb354d1b9755dd10b3e.jpgcb15b610ce0a1437e69e7f926a3492dd.jpg

Sent zombie to cook for me

ab2285480703c8949fce6acad6634dc3.jpg

I'll update you :) make sure he didn't kill me ;)

• Like 3

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Bwaaaahsaaaahaaaa

9ab0e7a9745fd2a98670cebf91e8d653.jpg

Nope not dead

• Like 1

Spoiler

Holy hot sauce batman. ... this post is all full up of pr and style owning and awesome!

Let's start with style and hash tags and owning. ... this is a vintage nightgown. ... sized six times too big but you'll notice the lovely sheepys.... also please note the eyore hand bag which I'm using for to carry stuff. ... the beautiful fitbit (which is currently junk because my gait is so odd that it's not registering. .. sigh) is prominently located at the neckline

The crutch is against the wall because PR PR i can make several shambling steps without it! (I think I'll apply for a job as an extra in the walking dead. .... I'm a good shambler)

The coffee and food i made myself (although in the sake of honesty i DID ask someone to carry it to my room for me)

Also not noticed is the fact that yesterday i only took pain pills 3 times. .. so today I'm attempting to take ONE pill rather than two. ... because even if i take 1 pill 4 times is less drugs than 2 pills 3 times

b774a562c48d31fd451df6bbb55d8d29.jpgeaa8e8354bea7ca185adfd7f3c940a1f.jpg9944dc027ffac30b2b51259451cc0ae9.jpg

She's my lil weeping angel puppy. ... i told her to wait but she kept creeping forward when i wasn't looking

e63cbdfe6ea1facacc269f2d0b06004b.jpg

• Like 3

Spoiler

girl you look amazing.

AMAZING.

like, did you just suffer an emergency medical trauma? and have a surgery? because all I see is your smile, and your gorgeous shoulder.

I'm so glad you're recovering.

I'm so glad you're YOU!

(ps how tall are you again? because I imagine you're my height, because our circa high school photos were so similar looking. )

(( pps when I was on my crutches after ACL I had a across-the-body bag like yours too but mine was bright blue with a silver octopus on it. SO SUPER HELPFUL. they should tell everyone about that when they are planning on relying on crutches for a bit.))

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

girl you look amazing.

AMAZING.

like, did you just suffer an emergency medical trauma? and have a surgery? because all I see is your smile, and your gorgeous shoulder.

I'm so glad you're recovering.

I'm so glad you're YOU!

(ps how tall are you again? because I imagine you're my height, because our circa high school photos were so similar looking. )

(( pps when I was on my crutches after ACL I had a across-the-body bag like yours too but mine was bright blue with a silver octopus on it. SO SUPER HELPFUL. they should tell everyone about that when they are planning on relying on crutches for a bit.))

you sure know how to make a girl feel good :)

isn't that a nice shoulder though?!?!?!?!?

I am 5'4" and change (depending on how well I stand when being measured :P is how much change) 

I love that bag.... I got it for a quarter at a thrift store... it's been TOTALLY worth it!!!

I am glad I am feeling better soon... hoping it won't be long and I can get back to gentle walking... I have been FINE in the house... but I worry about going to walk because if I become not fine then I may not be able to get to my car... sigh... cabin fever :(

Great work AJ. My partner took himself off his pain meds as soon as he could bare it. They made him feel yucky, although having a compound spiral fracture of the tib/fib was not at all fun, the pain meds made him feel worse.

You look fantastic by the way.

it's not that they make me loopy or anything... I just have a VERY addictive personality... and I worry about taking them for too long... I WILL use them when I need them and I don't feel bad about needing them (I mean... after all I DID touch my kneecap on a mountain... it was a BAD injury) but I will wean as fast as I can tolerate... 

I'm working on a project for camp. .... I'd like your favorite short phrase of encouragement. ... mine are "you rock" "you're awesome" and that sort. .... but I'd like yours

Using my computer as a light box. ... not gonna lie it feels weird to be drawing on Steve's chest

11115234_10204805397869672_4621604800081

11178261_10204805549273457_5464733216359

• Like 1

Spoiler

11160676_10204805671516513_5305578620380

Spoiler

my response to someone on FB wanting faster results... thought I would share here too

eff that... 

like seriously....

how long did it take you to get into the shape you are in.... I am guessing a little longer than a week or a month... so screw it...

my goal this week?? FIFTY steps a day (ok I am recovering from injury.... so I am a little different) but I am CELEBRATING that I got 20 steps so far... DUDE... you gotta love yourself and recognize that what you are putting into it is awesome... and if you want to put more into you?? then do it by little steps

if you have a gallon bucket and you add to it one cup at a time... it will fill.... eventually... but do you realize that it will STILL fill up if you add to it a quarter cup at a time? or a tablespoon at a time?? sometimes it takes longer to fill the bucket... but as long as you work on it every day and strive to be better today than yesterday you are moving in the right direction!!! and SOMETIMES the movements that you make to fill the bucket are MENTAL and not physical!! and those days are awesome too!!!

• Like 3

Spoiler

See, you are gorgeous, and what stands out most is your smile!

Then your shoulder.

Girl, you got this, but no faster than you should. Put on your nursing cap and talk to you like you would to me if I'd touched my knee cap on those cliffs above Malibu beach! Or on the cliffs as I fell down them(since I think that would have been more equal to your injury...not that I'm going to compete!)

Love you!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Replying to today's article

HOLY CRAP Steve

I AM THE AVENGERS

Like all of them

I'm hulk. ... I'm quiet I'm calm in good in an emergency (I'm an intensive care nurse for goodness sake. .. we live and breathe emergency) but i can hulk smash. ... i can bust out the heavy guns at the gym and out lift most of the boys

I'm Tony stark. ... i PREACH baby steps. ... that's been the key to my success. ... constant progress. ... constant improvement

I'm Cap.... i have parameters. ... rules in place. ... i don't drink soda i don't eat cake.... not can't. ... DON'T

I'm black widow. ... one of the things you learn as a nurse is to evaluate if your treatment is working and change it if necessary. ... TRUST the treatment and give it time but if it ain't working change it!

Thor. ... have you seem my love of coffee? Is legendary. ... but also. ... if i give you my word for God's sake you can count on me. ... i put reminders in my phone so i don't forget because i know my weaknesses! I also question everything! Track ALL the data so you know you're doing the right thing!

And Hawkeye. ... redemption. ... my whole story has been proving the doctors wrong. ... i can't count the number of times I've done something doctors have said I'll never do. ... a broken foot brought me to nerdfitness. ... since then I've had injuries (including my current one that resulted in knee surgery) and illnesses. ... heck even my battle log title is "overcomer" my LIFE is redemption

Dang Kamb.... I'm the whole fracking avengers team

• Like 4

Spoiler

You just go pantsless ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler

I'm so confused

Caity was fussing at Chris for eating "her chicken" (i bought two rotisserie chickens for dinner last night and one was mine and one was theirs) i called her into my room because i needed her to help me rewrap my knee because she had unwrapped it and we were leaving it open to air for a few minutes. ...

I told her, " *I* had eaten her chicken not Chris because by the time i finished re washing the dirty pan that I'd asked to be cleaned and clearing a spot at the counter so i could work to make myself lunch i didn't feel that i could stand long enough to con raw meat and so i used the cooked meat"

She was trying to say "that was my lunch for the week" and I'm like no that was last night's dinner and there's bologna for "lunch" and she starts yelling at me you need to stop trying to pick a fight and starts walking awayand I'm like you can't leave me because i can't even roll over in bed if this knee isn't wrapped and she's like "you're picking a fight but at least i can walk away from it"

I'm like how am i trying to pick a fight? By eating your chicken? That i bought for dinner? I don't understand what are you mad about?

She's like everything and nothing and if you don't know you'll never know and all kinds of vague matrix crap. .... and she stomped out of here. ... and she's mad at me and just wants to scream at me. ...

I've no idea what the hell is going on. ..

I'm in my room waiting for her to stop screaming at everyone so i can go out and talk with them about the house and chores. ...

I've way overdone it today and I'm hurting like hell and it's horrible

Spoiler

honey I heart you.

the worst part about parenting is having to be the grownup in the room.

<3

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I think she was pms.... and she's mad at me that i didn't call and tell her sat when i fell i waited till we were coming home Sunday (1 because by the time we got back to the hotel i was EXHAUSTED and it was late! And 2 because she freaks out and she was here alone and i didn't want her to freak out :/ ) but she's mad at me. ... i can't change it so i don't understand why she's mad. ...

She's much nicer to me today

• Like 1

Spoiler

She's much nicer to me today

but she's mad at me. ... i can't change it so i don't understand why she's mad. ...

you don't have to change it, you can't fix it - you just have to let her know that you understand, and hope that she understands why you didn't tell her right away.

my dad and stepmom are notorious for never telling us when they have surgeries or go to the hospital. apparently my husbands parents are like that too. it took me a while before I got over it and just had to deal and accept. they have their reasons. I don't agree with their reasons, but I accept that they have their reasons. that said, I'm like, 2x as old as your daughter, so maybe I've had some more time to deal with it. xo.

I called her as soon as i woke up Sunday [emoji14]

I also think she and pms are hanging out this week

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah, totally. I just don't want you to stress about fixing someone elses' feelings.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.