I would love a room like that too. :D

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Hanging the handholds for the rock climbing is pretty simple, I think. From what I remember (my husband is planning on doing a rock climbing room when we get our own place) it's mainly just some sort of bolt. 

But I know my husband would totally love a room like this. 

I would love a room like that too. :D

y'all are more than welcome to come visit :) sleep on a trampoline maybe??

this is from the email I just sent to Steve

I can't tell you how much fear I overcame gong to that trampoline park... I don't do well in noisy environments... and with a lot of people around... and I have ZERO depth perception so doing things that involve depth perception (like jumping... especially OFF OF things???) is insanely hard/fearfull for me... I tried to jump against the wall (wasn't able to... it was too scary and I chickened out) I kept trying to jump onto the (I don't even know the words for half the things there) they had this long trampoline that angled up at the end (that freaked me out a lot... because it was difficult to judge how far away the ground was) and at the end there was a big structure... I was trying to jump high enough to land on it with my feet and I kept failing... but I got high enough to land on it with my knees... and I managed to do this cool spinny thing where I landed on it on my butt... AND I JUMPED OFF IT onto the trampoline!!!

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

96b835cb0518181fffdaec96b3d2b67e.jpg

Look at those active minutes. ... it's HARD to get that number. ... I guess the park was more awesome than I thought

2ba30595aefcb836d4ca922a536c3b7b.jpg

Last week's steps. .... it's been very cold. ... I feel like I could do better

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

so had my first visit to PT and he thinks I have a subacute scapholunate ligament tear 

meaning it's lasted a long time before I got treatment (more than a month)

I got some new exercises today.... he thinks that I may return to some sort of strength training with that hand in a couple weeks MAYBE and at physical therapy... I told him about being a weight lifter and that I have been working on my grip/wrist strength because in bench that's where I feel weak... in dead;ift that is where I feel weak... we talked about straps v raw and my reasoning for lifting raw (mainly because I need strong hands... what if I am being chased by a zombie and fall off a cliff and have to hold on... which he laughed at) 

I told him that my goal was to get back to handstands and barbells... and to continue to work on my hand/grip/wrist strength... and he was totally ok with that... 

• Like 1

Spoiler

so had my first visit to PT and he thinks I have a subacute scapholunate ligament tear

Bless you. :)

Another thing that may help is self massage on the forearm. I treated a few people with a similar injury back when I was a massage therapist full time. The key is to run stripes towards the hand in order not to inflame the area more. If you'd like, I can see if I can dig up a video to show you what I mean. (Or just make one later.)

Sent by Captain's orders via raven

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

The pt did that today and it felt super nice ;)

Spoiler

Ok, the trampoline thing is AWESOME!! I think you felt similar to how I did climbing for our BL challenge last year! It feels awesome when you overcome that shit though :) Oddly enough, I grew up with a trampoline in my yard, sprained my ankle probably 6 times in a year, but I'm not afraid of them, and when I'm there, we will jump on all the things :)

I'm Proud Of You *hugs*

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I think we may go back tomorrow!

Spoiler

Cid..... I want to learn archery. ... and I love the bow you made last challenge. ... help me learn

• Like 1

Spoiler

I maded you guys some new years prezzies :)

back%2Bcomparison.jpg

10897874_10204067828830907_2554324890107

• Like 7

Spoiler

Cid..... I want to learn archery. ... and I love the bow you made last challenge. ... help me learn

The guy I follow for this has a channel in youtube called BackyardBowyer. His name is Nick Tomihama. I just basically followed his instructions. If you'd really like to get into it, there is a PVC bow makers guild in Google plus. I also have a few books so if you need help with bow size conversions I can do that as well..

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

The guy I follow for this has a channel in youtube called BackyardBowyer. His name is Nick Tomihama. I just basically followed his instructions. If you'd really like to get into it, there is a PVC bow makers guild in Google plus. I also have a few books so if you need help with bow size conversions I can do that as well..

I have too many things that I want to learn!!!

(also... I have no idea what you mean by "in google plus")

I don't know what kind of bow I want or how big or what or.... sigh... I don't know anything

*stalks the conversation about making bows* >.>

WANT to make... totally want

=====================

today's update

I don't know if I said or not... I am in an exercise group... we are doing a workout every day for 8 weeks... we pay in and then there are penalties for missing days.... then at the end winner gets the pot... 

so anyway... today's exercise... at the jump trampoline park

still working on uploading the videos... here is the one I am most fond of :)

I think I'm getting better used Dakao's trick for breaking stuff down into baby steps. .... Trying to jump into the platform with both feet was eluding me and I was getting frustrated so I took a different approach. ... the kids were doing flips and springs and diving. .... since I'm not able to put more than ten pounds on my left hand I was worried about doing stuff that involved hands. ... I was trying for a shoulder roll and then a big jump into the other side. ... a few more trips and I'll be graceful 

jumped for an hour... 

10891594_10204087877772118_8683463492579

you know it's a good workout when your bandanna is SOAKED and you are bright red and you can hardly put your shoes on

(and LOOK at that chin....)

also... I didn't get a good pic but you can KINDA tell here... my neck/traps look AMAZING... when I took my shirt off and looked in the mirror... I look like a body builder (from the clavicle up... and the knee down... the rest of me will catch up)... but I have some awesome amazing definition... especially when I flex... I also am trying to figure out why I have le doms in my traps and in my upper most abs (obliques... I guess... but more upper than along the sides of mah belly) I have no doms in my legs at all... :)

10408112_10204087877292106_7138974568826

somehow managed to scrape the inside of my arm up... I have no clue how

10915161_10204087877572113_3565652912670

my legs are like spaghetti... my feet are so tender... I was bright red for like an hour after :P

omg.... so much sore... so much stiff...  SO MUCH TIRED

10393931_10204087919733167_3496940718604

Ummm. ... I like jump

10407079_10204083675827072_7055196005212

My new workout tank top. ... 

(ignore the horrid fluffy socks that don't match.... it's COLD... and we were going to jump :P )

I made these for breakfast

Perfect-Paleo-Pancakes.jpg

this is what they are SUPPOSED to look like

10906311_10204083384899799_5165929743157

and this is mine... 

10923383_10204083653386511_4202370979261

they needed a LOT more oil to cook... the first one kinda stuck really bad.... also they don't cook EXACTLY like she says (they didn't get bubbly like "normal pancakes" so it took the first one to get SUPER brown before I realized... the timing was a lil off too... but that could be because I use cast iron which cooks hotter

• Like 1

Spoiler

this is the other video... it took me the whole time but I was finally able to jump it fairly consistently by the end of the hour... 

it's a lot like box jumps... it's terribly hard for me... it will get easier

• Like 1

Spoiler

I have too many things that I want to learn!!!

(also... I have no idea what you mean by "in google plus")

I don't know what kind of bow I want or how big or what or.... sigh... I don't know anything

Ok, here is the basic how I made for my first one:

http://youtu.be/95Buzpjllgo

And here he talks about his books:

http://youtu.be/rALYZqPeK4E

This guy has a ton of how to videos.

For anyone wondering what bow AJ is talking about, here are the pics and the video of the guy I gave it to:

270b5d1adf532602dafe0ef880582f40.jpgd1ea7ee2153740c85f4b1230685078c1.jpg

https://vimeo.com/116231732

Lastly, if you go on google plus, search for PVC Archery and Crafting. It should bring up the community.

P.S. I like the tank top. :)

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

The type of bow you get depends on your strength, dexterity, height, grip strength and intention (ie. if you're going to use it for hunting  big game, small game, or just for practice and playing around).   I am most familiar with long bows, compound and cross bows, though I know their are other types out there. I would recommend either a smaller standard or smaller compound bow until you learn how to aim and draw proficiently, these should span from about the crown of the head to the waist of the shooter.  Long bows reach from the crown to the knees or feet of the shooter. 

Since you have been having hand trouble I would recommend either standards with a lesser tensile strength or again a smaller compound as it will put less stress on your hands.  Crossbows would also be easier on your hands as far as aiming and shooting, because then it's handled like a rifle, but loading it may be difficult if the tension is too high.  (The greater the tensile strength of the bow, the faster the arrow will fly and consequently, the harder it will hit the target; however, it also makes the string harder to pull back and hold.)

When you load a bow, hold the shaft in your non-dominant hand and the string in you dominant hand, both just underneath the middle.  the tail of the arrow will touch the string or may be notched to lightly hook onto it. This is just for guiding, it shouldn't be able to latch on and stay there, you actually hold the arrow in place.  Hold the shaft just below the center, the bow may have some time of notch or shelf for the arrow, but this is also for guiding, not for resting the arrow. Always bring the bow back down to load the arrow until you get really proficient, otherwise you could snap your eye with the string and that hurts.  Bring the bow up and hold straight in front of the center line of your body, (your body should be angled towards the target). Slide your first two fingers of your draw hand (the one on the string) around the tail of the arrow to draw back and hold it in place.  

Draw back the string, not until the absolute extent of the string, but until the ends of the bow shafts are bent. bring the draw hand to your cheek bone. I always hold my thumb away from my hand and touch my cheek so I don't hit myself when I aim. Rest the front quarter of the arrow on your bow hand, (hold like a finger out to rest it on so there's space to actually shoot). It should be right under your eye range so you can look down the shaft of the arrow to aim.  Release the fingers holding the bow and let it fly.  Arrows are pretty easy to find at hunting/camping sections stores,  but still, try not to loose them by buying bright colors.    

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

I just had a realization. ... here in the middle of golden corral. ... while eating dinner before work. ... it hit me so hard I started crying so much that I had to go get another plate before I could come tell you guys

So I may or may not have a massive crush on Steve.... (I'll admit nothing  ) and the train of thought went something like this. ... I'm sitting here thinking about the list Hannah shared (http://greatist.com/health/most-influential-health-fitness-people)  with all the influential people on it. ... and I'm sitting here eating dinner ALONE thinking it would be nice to find a guy like Steve sweet and cute and smart and nerdy and fit and strong and and and. ... my next thought was "eh someone THAT AWESOME would be out of my league"

My next thought (that I actually said out loud and those of you who know me know I don't use language like this) WHAT THE FUCK?!?! (Then inside my head) Jenn you are awesome and amazing if anything they'd be out of your league because they aren't awesome enough to be in your league!

That is the first time I've ever had an automatic thought like that. .... normally I have to consciously correct myself  it will be nice when the nice thoughts are the first ones

And then driving into work listening to praise and worship music on the radio... I feel like I've had an amazing conversation with a very precious friend

Carry me to the cross - Kutless - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kutless/carrymetothecross.html

He knows my name - Francesca Battistelli - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/francescabattistelli/heknowsmyname.html

Voice of truth - Casting Crowns - http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/castingcrowns/voiceoftruth.html

How can it be - Lauren Daigle - http://www.metrolyrics.com/how-can-it-be-lyrics-lauren-daigle.html

(clicky the links for amazing lyrics… I felt like God was speaking right to my soul!)

it's been my whole life that I've had people I care a lot about (my adopted father. ... my now ex husband) tell me through their out right words and their subtle words ands their actions that I'm not sufficient that I'm not enough that I'm not worthy

I've spent a long time trying to undo that brainwashing. ... that's why it was kinda a surprise that I didn't have to consciously stop and correct myself (possibly it's my new antidepressants? ) But that's part of why I stayed with my abusive ex husband for eleven years. ... I didn't think I was worth more than that. .... I'm smiling more than I have in a long time because for the first time in a long time I FEEL like I'm sufficient. ... it feels like more than just words in my head. .. I'm not lying to myself when I repeat over and over that I'm sufficient. ... it's REAL. ...

And I can't stop crying. .. which is not a good thing because I'm sitting in the parking garage at work  and I have to go in there and save lives

• Like 8

Spoiler

10645313_10204092860696688_4157722865667

Sometimes it's hard to find stuff when I go out to eat. .. sometimes it's not

I also had a chicken breast and sausage and peppers. ... that plate disappeared before I could take a picture though

10922481_10204092957499108_7248109974437

Desert is equally awesome

fruit and coffee :D

---

I've realized I have abs and traps.... I know this because they hurt. ... Monday's workout at jump hit me hard Wednesday morning. ... then Wednesday's workout at jump is beginning to hit me. .... I feel so sore and stiff I've been laying here the last twenty minutes with the heating pad on my shoulders

And when I move I just start cackling with laughter (after i go ouch ouch oh) which my kids find amusing. ... I miss feeling THIS kind of sore. ... I haven't gotten a GOOD workout in since I injured my wrist

I was giving t rex hugs before I left for work

10338247_930903566933791_202352019289182

1557272_10204093008380380_87129805022894

• Like 1

Spoiler

I cant make a smiley big enough for this! What an awesome feeling that must be :) And if you have such a crush on such an awesome guy, why not see if he is interested in being double the awesome too? You never know ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

eh... it's more along the lines of my Neil Patrick Harris and Shemar Moore (OMG the way he calls Penelope "baby girl"?!?!?!?)

besides I would want someone more local ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler