Okay, so those of us who play or have played WoW know what dailies are.  You level all the way up and that's all that's left are the dailies, really, and dungeon runs, but until you max level, dailies can give experience, especially when you're a low-level.

ONGOING GOALS:

My dailies are: tracking input and output using My Fitness Pal, working out on my DDP Yoga at least three times a week, and walking my dog once a day.  (Which is harder than you think because he pulls and he barks all up and down my street, and there are lots of dogs on my street that irritate him)  I want to keep my carbs between 50 and 100 grams daily, as I eat a modified primal -- rice and potatoes allowed in great moderation, dairy allowed for cottage cheese and cream for my coffee.  My first challenge will most likely be something along these lines as well.

12/31/14

So I've been tracking using MFP, and as of this morning, I had lost four pounds in three days -- which means water weight.  Which I will most likely regain tonight, because I am not going to make myself insane worrying too much about my eating tonight.  It's New Year's, and the kids want me to pick some party food up.  Which I'm good with.  I will be mindful of what I eat, I will get the veggie and fruit plate as well as the little sandwiches and the shrimp ring, and I may grill some chicken breast or a couple of small steaks and make bite size canape type things to eat instead.

POINT BEING, today is not for "OMG TOMORROW'S NEW YEAR SO I WILL STUFF MYSELF TO THE GILLS!!!"  Today is for mindfulness, tracking, and not feeling overly guilty if I do go over my calorie count for today.

Now will someone please remind me of that tomorrow or Friday when I start beating myself up over it?

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Sorry, I'll be too busy beating myself up to help someone else not beating themselves up. I'm a little selfish in that regard, I suppose. Good luck anyway!

I keep track of my dailies in HabitRPG! Much more fun with a lot less "Haha, you n00b! L2P!" You might want to take a look at it.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

So this is kind of a continuation of 12/31/14 -- limited myself to 2/3 of a Costco croissant sandwich (1/3 roast beef, 1/3 turkey) and probably around 20 or so cocktail shrimp, no cocktail sauce, no problem, under the caloric limit, I'm good ---

and then I got hungry.  So let's add a 6 oz grilled steak, a grilled zucchini, and probably a cup and a half of frozen veg (Birdseye Normandy Blend) in there.  More veg than meat, I was very full, and while the choice to go over my caloric limit wasn't a great one, it was a well thought out one.  I could have had another two or three croissant sandwiches instead.

So it wasn't great, but it wasn't the blowout it could have been.  YAY ME.

Also, never buying those again.  There's two 3 lb. cottage cheese bowls full of shrimp and two gallon bags of the little sandwiches left -- well, the kids have lunch tomorrow!

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Your overflow meal was probably your best meal. Grilled beef and veggies galore? Awesome. Costco pastry sandwich?  :uncomfortableness:

I envy your steak eating. My New Years Eve sucks in comparison.

I'll be implementing calorie restrictions for the first time in a long time, soon. So, I'll be hitting the ! and getting the ? same as you. It will take daily persistence just like in WoW.

• Like 1

Your overflow meal was probably your best meal. Grilled beef and veggies galore? Awesome. Costco pastry sandwich?  :uncomfortableness:

I envy your steak eating. My New Years Eve sucks in comparison.

I'll be implementing calorie restrictions for the first time in a long time, soon. So, I'll be hitting the ! and getting the ? same as you. It will take daily persistence just like in WoW.

Thanks, Rookie!

Yeah, when I logged it into MyFitnessPal, everything fit but the steak.  The steak threw me over my caloric limit by 200. 

The shrimp wasn't bad -- I like cocktail party shrimp, and the caloric content wasn't too bad on those.  But yeah, the little sandwiches, while situation appropriate, are what threw me off.  HARD.  That's okay, though, today is a new day...

You know, I walked all over Costco and WalMart yesterday, too, and didn't count my steps -- I might have come in under when you add in my movement.  Who knows? 

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

OHAIRAIN.

So my dog hates rain.  And it was raining this morning when I loaded him up in the car to go walkies.  (I take him about a mile away to the park to go for our walk so he doesn't bother the neighbors.)  We only walked half a mile together, but then I went shopping and got in another half mile walking there.  Food so far (It is not quite 2 in the afternoon here) is good -- I went to KFC for lunch as I was waiting for a prescription to fill, but I ordered the grilled breast and wing, avoided the coleslaw and the biscuit.  (Hey, the mashed potato was only 120 calories.)

And when I came home... MY DDP YOGA WAS HERE! 

So I'm going to practice the Diamond Dozen today for sure.  I may go on and do the Energy workout, but I don't think so, because part of this is trying to get my daughter moving, too.  And I don't want to get us confused.  So I think for the first week or so, we're just going to do the Diamond Dozen once or maybe twice a day. 

By the way, does anyone have any idea how to load that up in MyFitnessPal?  Because DDPYoga isn't exactly a Yoga workout.  It's also low impact cardio with isotonic(?) muscle training, so I'm not sure how to list it in the diary over there.  Help?

ETA:  DDP Yoga Diamond Dozen done.  I can definitely see how Arthur lost all that weight if he was religious about his eating and kept his dynamic resistance going.  Dang.  I feel it -- and it's not bad, it's not like it was when I used to try to keep up with Denise Austin in her early morning workouts when I was in my 20s, but I can feel it.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Just walking today and tomorrow, at least.  Today, 1.3 miles in 33 minutes -- not bad, especially as my dog likes to stop and sniff things and mark his territory, of course.  I want to get back into the Zombies, RUN! C25K, but I don't think I can do it with the dog, and I feel weird going walking/running without him, because I know he needs exercise, and he likes to follow Mama wherever she goes...I'll have to see what I want to do about that.  On track with calories so far today, and we'll have to see where it goes from here.  I'm trying to keep to the number I get before exercise every day, so that I'm not being Cheaty McCheaterpants "because I worked out."

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Walk is in.

Huh, two slices of bacon and three scrambled eggs and six tablespoons of heavy cream for my coffee equaled half my calories for today.  The walk was about the same as yesterday -- I'm about done with getting weirded out at the park, thanks.  Charlie and I could have gone another half mile, easy -- which gave me back 200 calories, but I'm going to try to be careful anyway.  Maybe just the crappy cottage cheese for dinner, with some veg. 

The good news is that out of the days I've been keeping up (since last Monday) I've only gone over my personal goals on carbs once, and that was that Monday, before I really thought things through.  Every other day has been carbs between 50 and 100, even the New Year and New Year's Eve!  So that's a personal woot.  Second thing -- I've been pretty much primal other than the two thirds of a sandwich on New Year's Eve, and I'm down scale wise by nine pounds already.  Yes, some of that has to be water weight, I know, but I'm still happy about it.  Better yet, I'm wearing my black jeans with less discomfort than there was the last time I wore them.  That makes me very happy indeed. 

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I like the dailies idea so long as it's not as many as MOP.  :P

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

DDP yoga is great. I was doing it for some time, but gave it up because I wasn't a fan of their online community. NF is awesome for community support so it looks like your in a good place. Looking forward to seeing your post about the yoga.

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

DDP yoga is great. I was doing it for some time, but gave it up because I wasn't a fan of their online community. NF is awesome for community support so it looks like your in a good place. Looking forward to seeing your post about the yoga.

Hey, thanks!  Yeah, um, biology worked against me the past couple days, but I'm going to hit the Diamond Dozen tomorrow for sure, and maybe, just maybe, the Energy workout.  Don't know yet; depends on whether I feel comfortable enough with the moves to go ahead or not.  If not, it's okay.  I have no time limit.  I just want to become the best me I can be.  And that takes time.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I haven't done anything yet today but log my food like a maniac.  I'm good, and am going to do the Energy workout in a bit. 

I went back to work today after three weeks off, (independent contractor, work from home) and I really haven't done shit.  Of course, I had to go shopping, and pick up prescriptions, and get juice for my vape....yeah, I got up at 5 this morning and I've barely got 30 minutes of audio done.  Shit.

Anyway, Energy workout in a bit.  It's going to be all DDP for the next few days because apparently MASSIVE COLD FRONT IS COLD is coming through my area, and walking's going to be out of the question. 

I did figure out my rewards.  I've lost ten pounds, so when I get the next ten down, I'm buying myself a tee-shirt from Activate Apparel.  When I get to 220, I'm buying the Wonder Woman yoga pants from ThinkGeek, even though they're too long for me, because always be yourself, unless you can be Wonder Woman.  Then, be Wonder Woman.  When I get to 200, I'm buying myself a new vape and tanks.  And when I hit goal....oh frabjous day, calloo, callay.....that's so far away I can't even figure out what my reward for myself would be there.  I haven't seen 199 since November of 1999, when I met the man who became my husband.  I was 193 pounds when I met him, mainly because I was walking everywhere. 
He picked me up on our first date and carried me across a parking lot, just to be funny. 

I want him to be able to pick me up again.

There's my reward.  When I hit goal, I'll see if he can still pick me up and carry me.

ETA:  9:26 P.M -- ENERGY done.  Have headache now.  Heart rate?  Maybe.  I couldn't hold the dynamic resistance (isometrics) through the whole thing, unfortunately.  But I tried.  And I tried to do all the moves.  Tomorrow will be better.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Lanithroe,

Yeah, I'm on MFP, name is badgerangyl.  Which has no logging information for DDP Yoga, so I'm putting in light to moderate effort home calisthenics. 

Woke up just after 4:00 this morning, tried to go back to sleep, failed, so I went ahead and got up and I've already got my Energy workout in!  And this time the dog didn't try to help!  Yay!

Depending on how I feel later, I may add in a bodyweight workout of some sort.  Been looking really hard at that Shield Maiden workout, but the hop+heel clicks worry me a little.

Now if I can just be productive work wise today.....

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

SERIOUS hungries today.

I already logged in to MyFitnessPal and put in what should be dinner.  I've got nine calories left for the day, and that's irritating.  Every other day, I've been very careful to try to keep at least the exercise calories clear, and I wasn't able to do that today.  *GRRRRR*

I know it's probably partly because I got up so early today (woke up at 4:19, got up at 4:40) but it's still irritating.  My work mojo is still way off as well. 

*sigh*

The good news is I am under my calorie count.  The good news is I have stayed primal today.  The good news is work will be okay, I just have to buckle down and do it. 

How can I deal with this in a better way for next time?

Get the 100 calorie packets of walnuts and almonds, and get some berries.  I've been trying to stay away from fruit due to carbs and sugars, but I know that those little packs plus fruit gives me an energy boost. 

Figure out what the hell to put in my coffee besides heavy cream.  I hate half and half, and all creamer seems to have HFCS in it.  Need to figure out something different, as I am trying to avoid HFCS. 

I can do this.  This is the flesh world equivalent of the annoying frigging goblin things in the Valley of Trials, where Orcs begin their training. 

I've got this, dammit.  I just need to send my pet in to distract it, then I can blow its head off.

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I do that when I feel like being a Dune nerd.  Cinnamon as a replacement for melange - the spice must flow!

I haven't tried this yet but I hear mixing a little nutmeg with the grounds can end up a yummy brew.

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Interesting. 

I actually came out better than I thought -- when I weighed the salmon piece, it cooked up as 5.2 ounces rather than 6, and I didn't eat the peas I thought I was going to, so I came out with 125 left over rather than 9.  ALMOST what I had down as my exercise.  Still, I'm dropping 400 to 600 calories a day on heavy cream for coffee, so I really do need to get a handle on that.

Research is my friend, and i do have siblings who work at Whole Foods -- maybe there's an organic version of creamer that doesn't have HFCS in it.

Thank you both for your support and comments!  I will look into those things, as well!

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Okay, then.  I'm either going to have to do my workout tonight, or skip a workout completely -- I'm behind enough on work to mess me up.

My scale read four different weights this morning.  *ANNOYED*  I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I do anyway.  And I also know that I shouldn't rely on the scale for measurement of my progress, but I do. 

It's okay, and I will be fine.  I know that I am making progress, whether the scale shows it today or not.  I know it.  I know how hard I am working, how diligent I am being.  I know.  And I know that the changes I have made are working.  I know it.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Okay, same day -- I have not had time to work out, and it's now 10:30 at night and I'm still too full from supper to do so.  So off day for me.

Came in under my calories, though (by the skin of my teeth, but I'll take it).  So plus side to me.  I feel a little soreness today in my torso from the DDP Yoga, which is fine and more than fine.  I'll take DOMS any day. 

Hanging in and hanging on -- today may have been the last in my work week, unless something comes up.  If it was, then I'll just enjoy myself, take time to knit and watch some tube via Hulu for a day or two.  Workouts the rest of the week are a must, though.  MUST. 

I think I'm also going to try to get husband to at least do the Diamond Dozen with me over the weekend.  That should be fun.  Hee!

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs