Lots of gifs are already animated!  You can just google "sailor moon animated gif" or something and you'll get results. :

AAAHHH REDDIT, RUN~~

YEAH.

Somebody mentioned the sub in one of the threads here, so I flipped over there just to take a look-see.....

....when I looked up, it was 3 A.M.

I get up at 5.

Screw it, might as well keep going at that point.

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Water is good. I hated drinking it as a kid and now I drink a lot... should probably start tracking exactly how much, actually.

Speaking of which, how do you track your calories? I don't think I can do it every day mentally, but since I'm already writing down everything I eat, I figure it might be beneficial to at least look at the last few weeks and see if I can come up with an average intake number.

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

Mary mother of Christ.

I stayed up for three days straight for no reason.  No reason at all.  Just didn't go to bed.

I've pulled all nighters before, who hasn't, but three days straight is strange.

Calorically, I am really sure I went over yesterday.

I only did one Neila Rey workout this week, but I've done a couple of mini workouts with my daughter (wall pushups, dancing around, cherry pickers, high knee to elbows)

And today I mowed the lawn for about an hour using an old time push mower.  The kind without a motor.  According to MFP I burned 400+ calories, I'm calling that a workout, people.

But the lawn's mowed.

Cori, I use MyFitnessPal, it's a free calorie/activity tracker that you can get for your smartphone. 

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

WHAT THE EVER LOVING HELL.

I went over one day.  I did some form of physical activity almost every day.

And the bloody scale is climbing again, what the hell?

Trying to calm my jets but damn.

On top of that, I have heavy doubts about the writing, my back hurts, my throat hurts, and Shadow is not herself today guys.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

If I may be quite frank - 

Fuck that scale.

(See, quite frank.)

I used to be an obsessive scale checker.  Every morning and every night, and when the numbers didn't line up right, WHOA NELLY.  But the scale, you see, she is a siren and a liar.  The scale doesn't see how hard you work every day or what you put into your body consistently.  The scale doesn't care how much better your clothes fit or how good you feel about yourself when you finish using a crazy old fashioned push mower. (we have one of those too, lordy it is a workout)  The scale has one job and it's to spit out a number, and if it's off because you just drank a pint of water or had a salty snack or because Mercury is in retrograde then it just makes you feel bad and there's no no no reason to feel bad about all the progress you've made. <3

I'm still trying to get out of the habit of stepping on it every morning.  It's not integral to success, keeping up a process is, and it may take a while but it will work.

Sorry if I got on my scale-soapbox (!!), I heart you and hate to see fellow number-gazing frustration.

(AND I hope you are feeling better today!!!!!!)

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Fuck that scale.

(See, quite frank.)

I used to be an obsessive scale checker.  Every morning and every night, and when the numbers didn't line up right, WHOA NELLY.  But the scale, you see, she is a siren and a liar.  The scale doesn't see how hard you work every day or what you put into your body consistently.  The scale doesn't care how much better your clothes fit or how good you feel about yourself when you finish using a crazy old fashioned push mower. (we have one of those too, lordy it is a workout)  The scale has one job and it's to spit out a number, and if it's off because you just drank a pint of water or had a salty snack or because Mercury is in retrograde then it just makes you feel bad and there's no no no reason to feel bad about all the progress you've made. <3

I'm still trying to get out of the habit of stepping on it every morning.  It's not integral to success, keeping up a process is, and it may take a while but it will work.

Sorry if I got on my scale-soapbox (!!), I heart you and hate to see fellow number-gazing frustration.

TARDIS thank You

Okay, come on now Shadow, step the fuck up here.

I fell down pretty hard the last couple weeks on being religious with my Primal.  That's got to be what's screwed me up.  I fell into the "potatoes/white rice are Primal but I have to be careful" trap, and I wasn't as careful as I should have been.

Especially since I found out that my understanding of how the rice/water ratio works was so very, very wrong.  I always thought (because I swear to God it says this on the back of the package) that one cup rice/two cups water equaled two cups rice.

IT DOESN'T.  It equals THREE cups rice.

So I make myself some rice with half a teaspoon of butter and some spices expecting it to be two cups of rice, which I have plugged into MFP and I have room for, but then find out that it was THREE CUPS.

That's an extra 250 calories, you guys, and I scarfed rice like a buffoon two or three times over the last couple of weeks.

So that's probably what's screwed my scale.  I just need to eat cleaner, and be more careful on my portion sizes. 

SO WE GOT THE TAXES DONE YESTERDAY YAY.

And once again, we're getting back enough from Uncle Sam to pay off Auntie Georgia.  Very close to half of the federal this time around, though.

MY BIRTHDAY IS SATURDAY.

I'm getting a new vape system for it.  Right now I use the iTazte MVP, I'm trading up to a bigger box that according to my friend at the vape shop should allow me to drop my nicotine from 10/12 to 6 without much of an issue.  I'd like that.  I've been off of tobacco cigarettes for four years this coming June, but I'd like to keep downgrading the nic until I can get to 0.

YESTERDAY

Came in under calories by the skin of my teeth.

Got my water in.

TODAY:

Scrambled eggs w/half a teaspoon butter

Dinner will be grilled salmon with carrots & broccoli.

No idea for lunch because I am out of cottage cheese (WHAT?)

Did one set of Mermaid and one set of the Power 18.

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I love rice, it is a guilty pleasure.  It's probably one of my favorite foods, nice fluffy jasmine rice with green onions on top.

YOU GOT THIS!!  You are doing all of the good things!  Yes!!

• Like 1

Yesterday went okay.  Stayed on track, got my water & workout in.

Need to go shopping today, and I need to get back to work on my friend's leg warmers.

Scrambled eggs, coffee

No idea yet for lunch and dinner

dinner will be grilled chicken w/broccoli & carrots

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Fuck that scale.

(See, quite frank.)

It's true! I don't have a scale in my house, which is perhaps going too far in the opposite direction, but that negative paranoia that comes from hanging on the numbers too closely is not gonna make you feel good about yourself or help you with your goals.

You are fierce. You are working so hard. And you are not a number.

• Like 2

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

It's true! I don't have a scale in my house, which is perhaps going too far in the opposite direction, but that negative paranoia that comes from hanging on the numbers too closely is not gonna make you feel good about yourself or help you with your goals.

You are fierce. You are working so hard. And you are not a number.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  youse guys.....

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Got my water in yesterday, stayed on track if not way under calorie count.

The writing I am having serious issues about.  While I'm realistically either at or over goal for the challenge, I'm looking at it and really second-guessing the whole Nippon visit. 

I don't know if I want to keep working on it the way it is, or cut all of that and do something different, or what.

Mermaid workout done

Went to WalMart and Costco and the Dollar Store and UPS and the far library.

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: scrambled eggs

Dinner: grilled pork chops, broccoli & carrots

Water's in

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Thank you my dear!

I didn't entirely go overboard over my birthday weekend; no cake, candy, or cookies.  I did eat more than I should have of my birthday dinner, but no big deal, really.

Back on the wagon today, though.

Coffee & half and half

6 oz cottage cheese

No real workout today, though there has been a great deal of cleaning.  ALL THE SPRING CLEANING, YO.

All the windows with screens are open, the ceiling fans are running, and we're airing out the house. 

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

AAAHHH BELATED HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your day but didn't enjoy ALL OF THE CAKES.  Celebrating is hard to be mindful of sometimes, because, CELEBRATING!

I am out of cottage cheese today for my morning snack and I am the sad.  I must replenish at the grocery store tonight!!!

• Like 1

So here we are.

Challenge is over, and time to take stock.

I don't like working out.  I just don't like it.  Maybe it's me, maybe it's the workouts I was doing.  But I don't like it.

I need to find something I LIKE to do. 

WHY IS THAT SO HARD?

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

So here we are.

Challenge is over, and time to take stock.

I don't like working out. I just don't like it. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the workouts I was doing. But I don't like it.

I need to find something I LIKE to do.

WHY IS THAT SO HARD?

This is an important thing to notice.

I HATED working out for a long time. Running? Hated it. Bodyweight workouts? Hated them. HIIT/cardio workout DVDs? Hated them. I just kept trying different things until I found something I liked doing. There's lots of stuff out there and it may take some time, but it's a worthwhile journey. :)

• Like 1

Thinking very carefully about the next challenge. 

I read http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/lose-belly-fat-two-exercises this today and I'm wondering if I could do that three times a week.  I know better than to try to do it every day, but it's simple enough and progressive enough, maybe, for me to do it in an escalating manner, to wit:

Week One: Five sets of five each

Week Two: Five sets of seven each

Week Three:  Six sets of seven each

Week Four:  Six sets of nine each

Week Five:  Seven sets of eleven each

Week Six: Seven sets of thirteen each

That might be stretching it -- I might have to juggle and figure out how to make it better.  Maybe less sets, more reps.  But it's possible, it's easy, and I have a ten pound dumbbell that I can use for a kettlebell.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Oh squat thrusts... *cries* They make the hurts happen.

Kettlebell swings rock.  You could get a lot of use and variety out of that 10lb dumbbell if you wanted to try cobbling together a small strength training circuit!

• Like 1

Oh squat thrusts... *cries* They make the hurts happen.

Kettlebell swings rock.  You could get a lot of use and variety out of that 10lb dumbbell if you wanted to try cobbling together a small strength training circuit!

Yeah, I'm not sure how to do that.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

If you ever want help starting a small routine I'm willing to throw my knowledge in the hat!  I lift 3 times a week and most of my work is done with 10lb - 20lb stuff, although if all you have is 10 there are certain lifts that will be easier with that weight than others... it might give you a small insight into seeing if you enjoy lifting as something you might want to pursue!

• Like 1