starsapart takes on new game + in 2015

I'll trade you the soul crushing of house hunting  for the soul shattering of being unemployed and rejected for 6 months...

**curls in a ball and cries extra for him and Stars**

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

See, I'm of the revolutionary opinion that even my friends and my mom don't get a say in how my body looks.  But you're right - I'd forgive them easier, because I'd assume it came from a well-meaning place.  Still, though, a whole load of #nope was had.  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yes! One of the thoughts I posted at the end of my challenge was how my new commitment to exercise is part of my determination to claim ownership of my body. For all my 51 years, I have not felt like I owned my body, due partly to some bad things that happened to me and partly to the fact that we live in a culture in which women's bodies are considered public property. I'm also now in a place where no one gets to talk about my body. It's mine; just because you can see it doesn't mean you're allowed to talk about it like it belongs to you.

• Like 2

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

My job here is done.. for now. [emoji178] *retreats to nonexistent treehouse but someday it will be existent*

SOMEDAY.

I'll trade you the soul crushing of house hunting  for the soul shattering of being unemployed and rejected for 6 months...

**curls in a ball and cries extra for him and Stars**

Ughhhhhhh I have been there and it is terrible.  Crying in a corner indeed. :(

Yes! One of the thoughts I posted at the end of my challenge was how my new commitment to exercise is part of my determination to claim ownership of my body. For all my 51 years, I have not felt like I owned my body, due partly to some bad things that happened to me and partly to the fact that we live in a culture in which women's bodies are considered public property. I'm also now in a place where no one gets to talk about my body. It's mine; just because you can see it doesn't mean you're allowed to talk about it like it belongs to you.

YES.  CHEERS FOR ROWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi hugs to you, my dear. I'm sorry the house buying process is so stressful. <3

Thanks.  I am giving serious thought to trying for another month-ish and then giving up until next year in hopes of the market improving.  I'm sick of wasting my precious free time on something that appears to be fruitless.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks.  I am giving serious thought to trying for another month-ish and then giving up until next year in hopes of the market improving.  I'm sick of wasting my precious free time on something that appears to be fruitless.

It is truly a terrible market for buying and combined with the time limit for moving this year, it might be the smartest move to decide how long you can continue hunting as a part time job before you regroup in hopes your fortunes will improve. At least you know you're credit-worthy for houses you like, that's a good thing, yeah?

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

It is truly a terrible market for buying and combined with the time limit for moving this year, it might be the smartest move to decide how long you can continue hunting as a part time job before you regroup in hopes your fortunes will improve. At least you know you're credit-worthy for houses you like, that's a good thing, yeah?

There are other issues at play which will make this option suck in its own way BUT with things going as they are, it may be the best choice for us, anyway.  It does also give us the ability to save more down payment cash and possibly thus go for a more expensive house.  Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there are unfortunate consequences as well as benefits no matter what we do.

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I don't have many words to say...but...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1138-1368124741-12.

I can give hugs..

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

There are other issues at play which will make this option suck in its own way BUT with things going as they are, it may be the best choice for us, anyway.  It does also give us the ability to save more down payment cash and possibly thus go for a more expensive house.  Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there are unfortunate consequences as well as benefits no matter what we do.

Sadly, sometimes life is a game of picking the least bad option that you can live with. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

I don't have many words to say...but...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1138-1368124741-12.

I can give hugs..

tumblr_m23c08bzdn1qfgqrlo1_500.gif

Sadly, sometimes life is a game of picking the least bad option that you can live with. 

Yup.  Not quitting quiiiiiiiiiiiiiite yet, but trying to make the most informed decision possible that will ultimately serve my little family best. ^_^

If all else fails, life goal swaps to saving for eventual down payment, and off I go.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I totally realized that I haven't reported my gym shenanigans in a couple days.  WHOOPS.  Rest assured, I went!

Yesterday I needed a deload..... I needed one SO BADLY.  So yesterday's gym was hilariously simple:

• 1 hour hills course on treadmill, 3mph

Today I was back to my normal self, yeah!  Last lifting day before tomorrow's trip!  Today:

• 5 minute elliptical warm-up on hills course
  • From standing:
    • 4 chin-ups
    • 2 pull-ups!!
    • 3 chin-ups
  • Bench press: 1x5x55, 4x5x60
  • Front squat: 5x8x60
  • OHP: 5x5x50
  • Wheel leg raises: 2x6 each leg
  • Tuck roll-ins: 3x5
  • Straddle roll-ins: 3x5
  • Lotsssssssssssss of stretches

The hamstring continues to be an issue - I am inches short when I try to bend to it in a straddle fold, and my left split does not bear speaking about.  Ugh.  Welp, chiro and massage today; I'll get it loosened up a bit.  This is week 3, so week 4 should begin improvement.... in theory.  I GUESS WE SHALL SEE.

Also, I have eaten all the veggies and fruit except one case of sugar snaps - half are for today's after-work snack, half to take along on the plane (should be fine since they're not liquid).  Woohooooo!

I'll be scarce until Sunday, I imagine..... travel etc.  And then it will be NEW CHALLENGE TIME!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Seriously, self?  Everything is stressful right now so I apparently decided that also stressing out over what to wear for 2 days in California was a good idea.

UGH BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGHT WHAT DO I WEAR?

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Seriously, self?  Everything is stressful right now so I apparently decided that also stressing out over what to wear for 2 days in California was a good idea.

UGH BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGHT WHAT DO I WEAR?

Clothes that make you feel extra pretty.

Indeed, in all seriousness, I squirrel over what type to pack when I travel, too. So many contingencies to consider...

• Like 1

Clothes that make you feel extra pretty.

I second this!  Especially if the weather is beautiful :D.  Maybe something pretty and stylish?  Though you're already that to me :love_heart:

girls-stylish-walking-o.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Ooooooooooooooof, guys I am home!  Happy days!!!!  Let's see, the last few days have been very busy but pretty fun, so let me gather my thoughts.......

Friday:

Woke up at 4:30am having slept poorly.  Got our stuff together and got to the airport on time, though!  Arrived in sunny (!!!!!) San Francisco shortly after 9am, picked up the rental car, and took the morning to wander.  Parked somewhere near Union Square, went to Honey Honey Cafe for my long-awaited crepes.  I....... ate two (okay in general I ate a lot this weekend, uh): one with eggplant/tomato/basil/cheese, one with strawberries and Nutella (DROOL).  After this massive lunch, we went wandering.  Walked all the way through Chinatown and Little Italy down to Pier 39, by which time my supposedly comfy shoes had rubbed my feet to blood.... whoops.  Bought myself a pair of not-very-fashionable-but-very-cozy Minnetonka moccasins.  Wandered around the touristy shops, took silly pictures.  Eventually, walked back through Little Italy and stopped in a Very Typical Italian Deli for double creme brie, hazelnut-cranberry rye crisps, and some kind of delightful salami (I let the guy at the counter pick for me) to bring to the friend who was hosting us as a thank you.  Hiked back to the car after that (many hills, such blisters, very wow) and escaped before the afternoon traffic got too bad...........

Caffeinated and I even had sugar in my tea because I was falling asleep on my feet (mounting sleep debt was another theme of the weekend).

Did some family visits, culminating with dinner at BJ's where I should have eaten just my salad, but ended up nibbling on avocado egg rolls because of course I did.  I am going to say in my defense that there were over 3 hours of walking and THOSE HILLS WERE STEEP.

Went to our friend's house after that whereupon I passed out despite the lights being on and stillskies and our friend chatting less than 5 feet away...... hahahahaha, I am secretly an old lady.

A few pics from our San Francisco adventures:

Crepe time!  And yes, there is a tiny airplane on my Bon Voyage shirt, and I LOVE THIS SHIRT SO MUCH.

20150410_113614_zpstfcntuiy.jpg

20150410_111619_zpsulu9t1rk.jpg

And then out into the world...

20150410_130315_zpso9mtnquv.jpg

Alas, the bridge in the distance is fuzzy..... Also, wowza, was it windy right off the bay.

20150410_135701_zpsitiwlwar.jpg

stillskies picked good times.... as was proper.

20150410_135545_zpsvsxpswir.jpg

This is basically my life motto these days.  I HAD to snap a pic with this sign.  Not sure about the pony prince part but.... you know.

Following are several photos of us pretending to eat candy, none of which we bought.  So I made at least ONE good food decision this weekend...

20150410_130437_zpsm9dczwsl.jpg

20150410_123223_zpsajnepaxl.jpg

20150410_123207_zps5a7fbgje.jpg

20150410_123018_zpsmntx3qna.jpg

Saturday:

Woke up after something like 9.5 hours of sleep feeling......... still tired.  Alas.  Be that as it may, I got my rear in gear to put on exercise clothes and do bodyweight circuits for 45 minutes in my bemused friend's living room, taking sips of tea during breather breaks.  I even did froggers (aka half-burpees) because she said "do push-ups!" and I thought that I really ought to..........

Can't recall what all I did but I did hit all major muscle groups.... I had some light dumbbells to do high rep rows and overhead presses along with my bodyweight stuff.  So that was something.

Anyway, after this and a shower, got dressed.  I had brought this adorable striped dress only............. yeah, it was pink and gray and matched my other shoes and, well, bloody feet and big red moccasins and I had to ask for a pair of old socks to be sacrificed to my cause (I hadn't brought socks) which were bright green so needless to say I was a VISION when we went out at last.  I take comfort in the fact that Sunnyvale aka Google Central is not much for high fashion, hahahaha.

Anyway, we walked maybe a bit over half a mile to the local hot spot, which is a street lined with shops and restaurants and, on Saturday, a farmers' market.  Ate eggs and croissants (well........ one croissant) at a cafe, then wandered the farmers' market, nibbling on free samples of fruit and veggies.  Split a cara cara orange.  Tasted freshly made hummus (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and tea blends and a bit of bread and got into a chat with a French lady selling duck mousse and rabbit pate and other delightful things I haven't seen since I lived in France (the moment she heard me call out, OMG PATE DE LAPIN she began speaking French to me because, welp, I guess when you can pronounce that/know what it is, you must speak French; fortunately I do and our chat was delightful).  After, stopped at the nearby Target whereupon I........ replaced my clothes at stillskies' insistence (I WASN'T GOING TO BUY ANYTHING BUT SOCKS, I SWEAR).  I must admit, though, we did look pretty styling in out new outfits:

20150411_135618_zps6mkrmco0.jpg 20150411_135602_zps1f8clu7x.jpg

Anyway, wandered back to our friend's place, got our things together, and headed out for another round of family visits.  Stopped at Santana Row, which is an area I like a lot and I am not proud to admit I chose to eat a raspberry chocolate mousse in place of lunch when we stopped at Cocola.  Though.......... Cocola.  If you are ever in the area and want amazing pastries or salads or sandwiches or........ anything...........

Yeah, so, cake for lunch ahahahahaha whoops.

Family stuff, culminating in a steak dinner at stillskies' aunt's place....... and macaroons from Cocola, ugh, I am just looking back at my food choices and shaking my head.

ANYWAY.

Went back to the friend's place, had a nice chat, crashed.........

Sunday:

MY FIRST REST DAY IN 8 WEEKS.  Yes, Heroes 2.0 is over at last and I needed the rest, even if I did eat like a lunatic all weekend.  Ugh.  Oh, so remember that mounting sleep debt?

We got up at 3:30 to make our 6am flight.  Just.......... weep for me a little.

Tried to sleep on the plane.  The only thing that fell asleep was my leg, sobbbbbbbbbbb.

Finally got back to Denver, grabbed the car, headed home with a detour to the grocery store where I made a beeline for the produce section because oh god and goddess I wanted good food choices.  Then home where I crashed..... again............... before waking up and showering then meeting with the real estate agent to look at houses all afternoon/evening.

Saw........ 10-12 homes maybe?  They began to blur together.  Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly liked a couple.  Putting out 6 offers tonight.  Casting a wide net, hoping for the best, basically................

Also, Shark Week is coming, my weight is trending up (which, considering this past weekend, shocks no one despite all the walking), I'm bloated, I'm tired, and it is almost a new challenge laksjhflasjhgkasdhjkds I need to get my act together.

SO THAT WAS MY WEEKEND.  NOW YOU SEE WHY I WAS ABSENT AND WHY I AM A WRECK TODAY.

Okay, need to catch up on friends' threads and then post my day zero stuff and then pack a light lunch for tomorrow and go sleep like the dead at 9pm.  Because tomorrow is work.

• Like 6

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

YAY CREPES! :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Don't mean to creep on you, but wow to the pics.

LOL!  How is it creeping?

YAY CREPES! :)

Thanks again for the restaurant rec. :wub:

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

ALL RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS!

As of today, I am retreating to my challenge thread until May 25th.  See you there, I hope!

tumblr_md2ouf9dWj1rctu6po1_500_large.gif

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

God that weekend sounds awesome and yet painful at the same time (all that delicious food!  Ugh all that walking!  Cute dresses and fun times with friends and family yay!  Oh no bloody feet ugh no...).  I loved the pictures you posted and man cake for lunch is my kind of thing! 

Man 10 - 12 homes?  That is a lot!  I hope one bites!

See ya on your challenge thread!  Just wanted to read up on your adventures before stalking chilling out on your challenge!

hotgifs151.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

The chocolate store on the Pier! COCOLA. I need a SF trip in my near future. *_*

Glad you had an awesome time!!

Cocola is totally your fault, you know. :P

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

f272e6e6083db7f1c6b48a65a7778f8b1aa97fd4

I'm baaaaaaack!

A day late, but I couldn't help it.  I've been moving!  The internet only got hooked up today.......... and then I promptly spilled water on my laptop which may or may not be dead (the jury's still out) and... yeah.  So here I am.  A bit behind schedule.

Challenge is wrapped up, and thank goodness, because my mind just was not there near the end.  I hear the new forums are already a thing?  Geez, I am going to be late to that party this time.  I feel totally overwhelmed with all the emails I've missed!!!!  I need to go read everyone's challenge wrap-ups and make sure the ambassadoring got finished and fix forum title typos and.... yeah.

Yeah, so, stress.

In the last few days, we've done a pretty decent job of settling in and unpacking.  The vast majority of the house is done, except the basement, which is a massive source of stress for me right now.  My dad helped us tear up the carpet, for one thing, and we need to go buy new flooring (currently thinking linoleum) and put that down.... plus paint the stairs, only first I need to remove all the staples that were there holding the carpet in place.  I just have not gotten around to it.  Anyway, there's that, plus cruddy closet doors (and we can't use the closets yet because, well, floor), but worst of all, the laundry room is unfinished and there are wall holes and the cats keep disappearing into them so now I am trying to figure out if we can get real walls put into this tiny room that is full of pipes and things.  And that is stressing me out.  Also stressing me out: a leak under the kitchen sink.  Temporarily fixed (theoretically) by putting in some fiddly thing to cut off water to the filter and also by turning off the cold water.  So.... no cold water in the kitchen for now.  Need plumber.

Did I mention we bought a fridge, a stove, and a microwave, too?  Oh, and that the cat needs a vet visit ASAP?  And, as mentioned above, I may have drowned my computer.

Much money.  Very extravagant spender.  Much fear of imminent poverty.  WOW.

At least the old house has been cleared of CRAP, minus a final round of donations (assuming the pickupplease site starts working again any moment now so I can make an appointment).  Got the last of the furniture we chose not to keep out today.  SO MUCH HAULING HEAVY THINGS.  That's been my workout the last few days.

Today, though - aerial!  I actually made it to class.  That was nice.  And we learned new things!  Creature climb (got this after a few false starts, though not elegantly), a variant on double knee climb where you walk up the spread fabric (did pretty well at this!), a sequence out of hip key where you wrap the bottom leg and do various stuff like straddle and gazelle and finish up with a 360 drop (or a 540 though I didn't do that one since I was learning it for the first time), a hip key on one fabric sequence (INEXPLICABLY HARD), and some other hip key sequence into a helicopter-like descent which I was actually much better at than I ever was at helicopter.  Also a quick improv session.  I took videos of the new things as the teacher demonstrated, so hopefully I can recall them.  I really like the sequence into the 360!!!!

And now I am tired.... and stressed out by the leak under the sink and the laundry room holes and and and and...

Bedtime, methinks.

Tomorrow: buying flooring (I hope), yanking staples out of stairs, breaking down boxes for recycling, CALLING A PLUMBER, getting a new driver's license (again, I HOPE I find time for this, because it's tomorrow or Thursday), and if all goes well, open gym to review stuff from today's class.

I really want to take my reward day of no housework, but it seems very unlikely to happen this week.  Most stressful staycation ever?  Very possibly.

Definitely bedtime.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads