Scouts Tavern: General Chat and Questions

18ck

Welcome to the first six-week challenge of 2015. This is the thread for exchanging Scouty Banter, asking questions, bragging, posting pictures of yourself breaking world records. Y'know... that kind of thing.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Oh hello, thanks Teri (guess it was you) for jingling the keys on my behalf!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I have spent the last .... 4? 5? challenges with the scouts.  You have all supported me as I've struggled to gain endurance.  I just finished a 3 day camp with 9 year olds. 12 hours of making/breaking camp, hiking, sharing and exploring per day. Guestimate is about 6-7 miles total. The kids wore out before I did.  It was very scouty.  I was wearing a Ranger uniform and everything.

So.... I'm leaving the scouts for now to go to the Rangers.  I'm expanding my fitness from just running to weights and body strength as well.  I feel like a jack of all guilds right now, but this seems like the best fit for now.  I'm sure I'll be back when I'm ready to build up to a 10K. ;)

• Like 3

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

I have spent the last .... 4? 5? challenges with the scouts.  You have all supported me as I've struggled to gain endurance.  I just finished a 3 day camp with 9 year olds. 12 hours of making/breaking camp, hiking, sharing and exploring per day. Guestimate is about 6-7 miles total. The kids wore out before I did.  It was very scouty.  I was wearing a Ranger uniform and everything.

So.... I'm leaving the scouts for now to go to the Rangers.  I'm expanding my fitness from just running to weights and body strength as well.  I feel like a jack of all guilds right now, but this seems like the best fit for now.  I'm sure I'll be back when I'm ready to build up to a 10K. ;)

Well the best endurance training always includes some strength training to help you get faster and go a little longer ;)

But I will miss you with your stripey compression socks and juggling escapades. Best of luck ranging! (Just come back soon!)

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Send us a postcard from rangertown, Dizz!

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'm also leaving the Scouts for a bit, at least until it's time to train for my half marathon in May. I'll be with the Assassins this time since I really want to get better at the sorts of physical things actors have to be good at, like dancing. I'll miss you lot though! :love_heart:

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Hello, everyone! :)

I've decided that I'm a Scout at heart as I really enjoy running. And a new challenge sounds like a great way to start a new year!

I want to start running again after taking time off while having a baby last year and I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program for this challenge. My longer term goal is to complete a half marathon this year. 

• Like 4

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Challenges: 1 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Goodreads

with sadness in my heart i regret to inform you that I will not be participating in the first few 6 week challenges (as a challenger that is), however I will be working on smaller monthly sized challenges in my battle log.  What I will do if the bosses let me, is still do the mini's cos I loves you guys and I don't wants to be going anywhere, really.

Good luck with this challenge. xxxx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

You will be missed, but remembered well. So say the Scouts!

Can't wait to hear how it goes with the body/weight training. Go get em, Dizz!

Hey guys! I'm also leaving the Scouts for a bit, at least until it's time to train for my half marathon in May. I'll be with the Assassins this time since I really want to get better at the sorts of physical things actors have to be good at, like dancing. I'll miss you lot though! :love_heart:

Blkhole, your Assassiny skills will be welcomed upon your return. Best of Luck!

with sadness in my heart i regret to inform you that I will not be participating in the first few 6 week challenges (as a challenger that is), however I will be working on smaller monthly sized challenges in my battle log.  What I will do if the bosses let me, is still do the mini's cos I loves you guys and I don't wants to be going anywhere, really.

Good luck with this challenge. xxxx

Blaidd, we are sad to see you go and hope that we'll be able to see you in the mini and we'll support you in your battlelog!

Scouts salute these fine Rebels!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I've decided that I'm a Scout at heart as I really enjoy running. And a new challenge sounds like a great way to start a new year!

I want to start running again after taking time off while having a baby last year and I'm going to start the Couch to 5K program for this challenge. My longer term goal is to complete a half marathon this year. 

Love the Run!

Welcome DebJ. We're excited to have you with us. C25K is a good place to start. We are here to help you and laugh with you. Stop by the other threads and get to know us. You'll find lots of folks ready and willing to share their wisdom and support with you. Ask any and all questions!

Eventually going for the Half, ftw!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

You will be missed, but remembered well. So say the Scouts!

Can't wait to hear how it goes with the body/weight training. Go get em, Dizz!

Blkhole, your Assassiny skills will be welcomed upon your return. Best of Luck!

Blaidd, we are sad to see you go and hope that we'll be able to see you in the mini and we'll support you in your battlelog!

Scouts salute these fine Rebels!

You can count on it. The minute the mini thread goes up imma subscribe :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk and the atoms/words don't always align

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I mentioned a while back about the Meet me on Mars run (can't remember if it was in the old scouts thread or in the scout calender) it is a year long event where you track the miles you run and as a whole the goal is to run enough miles to make it to Mars.  They allow you to create jogging teams to see how far your friends have run, so I spoke with the people setting things up, and they set up a Nerd Fitness jogging group if anyone else wants to join.  It's free. Or you can pay and get a medal/t-Shirt at the end of the year that notes how far you ran this year. Signing up for the team only lets you see how far other people on your team have ran. If you want to join, once you have signed up and all go to the edit my profile page and you'll see a drop down box labeled 'jogging team' from there you can choose Nerd Fitness. I figured lots of people run already, so it's a good way to see how far we can go together.  Going to also make a PVP thread for this.  Hope to see a couple of you joining me on Mars. :)

Here is the PVP thread

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

run enough miles to make it to Mars. 

Good plan running there. One does not simply walk to Marsdor.

• Like 5

Welcome! 

Half marathon is an excellent distance and you can definitely do it if you build up slowly and steadily. 

Lots of scouts leaving! Best of luck to you all. I'm sticking with the scouts even though my focus is shifting away from pure running, but running is still what I love so a scout I am. I'm starting the dreaded CrossFit Tuesday, the trainers have gotten the seal of approval from some fairly serious power lifters I know so I'm giving them a fair shot. I need something to do to get me ready for the Spartan race coming up. This is of course pending the release by the Dr I expect to get on Monday. I snuck in a 2 mile run\walk with the dog tonight and other than the tightness in muscles not used for about 6 weeks I felt great.

Also, just noticed the calendar thread is locked. Are we no longer to post upcoming events in the thread?

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Welcome! 

Half marathon is an excellent distance and you can definitely do it if you build up slowly and steadily. 

Thanks, I've gotten a bit nervous when I realised that this will mean running for over 2 hours.. and most likely over 2:30. I haven't really sat down and done the maths yet other than 2 hours = 5.5 min/km which I previously couldn't do for 10km.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Challenges: 1 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Goodreads

Hey Scouts! I'm joining up with you all for this challenge because running is in my wheelhouse and, honestly, it's more of a meditation for me when I am committed to it. 

From everything I've seen and read, I know this is the right group for this challenge! I'm a bit Rangerly with my current goals, but I'm more of a runner at heart. I'm excited to jumping in here and running with this pack.

• Like 2

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Countdown to Scoutageddon - the challenge starts in 59 minutes here on the Greenich Meridian where time is created, although depending where you are you might already be having lunch on day one or packing in a few last minute non-paleo snacks on Sunday afternoon or whatevs. I notice there aren't many scouts around this time, which is interesting. Well, we're a small, elite band, moreseo than usual - the special forces of Nerd Fitness. 

*fierce face*

• Like 1

Lots of scouts leaving! Best of luck to you all. I'm sticking with the scouts even though my focus is shifting away from pure running, but running is still what I love so a scout I am. I'm starting the dreaded CrossFit Tuesday, the trainers have gotten the seal of approval from some fairly serious power lifters I know so I'm giving them a fair shot. I need something to do to get me ready for the Spartan race coming up. This is of course pending the release by the Dr I expect to get on Monday. I snuck in a 2 mile run\walk with the dog tonight and other than the tightness in muscles not used for about 6 weeks I felt great.

Also, just noticed the calendar thread is locked. Are we no longer to post upcoming events in the thread?

Hey VM, I just unlocked it so post away!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey Scouts! I'm joining up with you all for this challenge because running is in my wheelhouse and, honestly, it's more of a meditation for me when I am committed to it. 

From everything I've seen and read, I know this is the right group for this challenge! I'm a bit Rangerly with my current goals, but I'm more of a runner at heart. I'm excited to jumping in here and running with this pack.

Welcome!

This is a great pack indeed. We run, swim, cycle, whatever we need to to get from one place to another! Plus, we do lots of other things as well. You'll find some weight lifters (I am one of them. I'm Rangerly too, but this is home).

A variety of exercises is good for every Rebel. Yay!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Small, but effective!

I am working on the Mini Challenge and it will be posted no later than Monday morning, US Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5 hours I think?) Spoiler: It will be a progression challenge focused on balance.

Okay, I'm eating my last brownie for my last sugar junk food. I fell, on purpose, from my wagon in mid-November and now I am getting back on and not getting off again until June for my 50th birthday. I will have cake! LOL

Good luck and have fun Scouts!

A thought though not my own...

"To change your behavior for good,
you need to start believing new things about yourself."

By James Clear - friend o Steve's
  • Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way