Scouts Tavern: General Chat and Questions

18ck

I like the idea of a break from scouty things, however, I have been too busy to add in some of the minis the past couple of challenges. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. 

5x8mme.jpg

Some friendly competition is also highly entertaining...

16lg1fb.jpg

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

*wanders off*

*wanders back*

Hm... Hunter Games, eh?

*strokes chin*

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

*wanders off*

*wanders back*

Hm... Hunter Games, eh?

*strokes chin*

Hunting...whats in season? Stupid deer are everywhere now that I can't "legally" shoot them without driving to the farm.

I was referring to 18ck's ideas for interim mini. I actually haven't ever gone hunting so not sure what's in season. Sometimes, I think I'd like it as I have resources here to use all of the animal and share the bounty. And then I think I don't know that I want to kill something if I don't have to. So I try to buy local, natural as possible meat. And one day I'll do that with plants too.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Although you all seem pretty keen on hunting. Oh, I don't know - one of those two things.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Next Challenge Thoughts and Questions

So, you're wrapping up this challenge, deciding whether or not to join 18ck on the interim mini, and putting together goals for the next challenge. Who said the last week was easy? Not me.

I want to help you with your next set of goals. I thought I would throw some questions your way so you get a chance to contemplate and really feel positive about your next set of goals.

Questions:

Season change: does it change your goals or how they get done? Get ahead of your schedule changes so your goals still fit nicely in your day to day living.

Do all your goals have to be rolled over from this challenge? Is there a new thing you've wanted to try and the opportunity has come? Do you need to back away from a goal you've been working on in order to gain some prospective and refocus? Or are you ready to work on a goal from earlier?

Can you incorporate a new aspect to a goal that will make it just different enough to make it more fun and challenging?

Are you in fact having fun? No matter what you're capable of right now (better from working it or worse due to injury), can you say to yourself, "Dang, that is great!" "What is dear?" "I got my workout today!"

Can you see and accept that if you can only or really need to only work on small fixes with PT exercises and rest, that its importance is indeed just that. It's about getting back out there: stronger in your joints, better flexibility, greater understanding of your body's movements, and more attuned to yourself. This is what makes you happy, nay joyous! We do all we can to preserve it so we can feel this way again.

Does your max effort need to be pushed a bit more? Is that PR a little too easy to get now? Focus on what you're getting out of your workouts right now and decide where you want to push more. What can be laid off of for now? Pick up a new hilly trail or more weights. Make sure you're getting your max workout because your time is valuable.

Check yourself! Hahahaha Not like that! No, are you recording what's going on in your life? Do you have a system that works for you? A lot of us post here as much as we can. It works for us. What works for you? How do you use outside influence  to your advantage? I'm always asking folks to light a fire under me. Then 18ck posts a picture of a beautiful fire and I smile. And I am one step closer to getting things done. We are here for you! Like most peeps here, we love helping, it makes us feel good and it what? Oh yeah, it energizes us. We then have more of it to focus on us. It's the best aspect of community ever. You get what you put in, and often more. Decide how you want to keep track of your life and share it with others to get that support and energy from them so you can use it for you.

Have fun, work hard, and be the best you!

• Like 3

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Happy Valentine's everyone.

Trainers are red

Rivers are blue*

Trail running's badass

And so are you.

cc0352f0fc5867a96ea49fe4a2a79893.jpg

*= poetic license

• Like 4

Alas, trail running for me in February would require snowshoes. Though I have thought of giving snowshoe running a try...

I've been trying crow pose regularly, and I feel like any try now I'm going to get it and be able to actually balance for a few seconds. I kick off the ground and my feet are both in the air, but momentum carries me into the position then gravity takes me back down.

I squatted (third world squat) for about 70s last night. Can't say I was comfortable, but I could have probably gone longer if sufficiently motivated, but as is I set a goal for a minute and stayed a little longer. It can actually feel quite nice for my back, it's my leg muscles that still need to adapt.

• Like 2

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Alas, trail running for me in February would require snowshoes. Though I have thought of giving snowshoe running a try...

I've been trying crow pose regularly, and I feel like any try now I'm going to get it and be able to actually balance for a few seconds. I kick off the ground and my feet are both in the air, but momentum carries me into the position then gravity takes me back down.

I squatted (third world squat) for about 70s last night. Can't say I was comfortable, but I could have probably gone longer if sufficiently motivated, but as is I set a goal for a minute and stayed a little longer. It can actually feel quite nice for my back, it's my leg muscles that still need to adapt.

Snowshoes are awesome these days. The hike I did was really a workout.

Did you watch the vid posted in the mini? He uses a blocked to get in the pose and then lifts his feet off. Or maybe you could get near a wall and lean forward to the balance point?

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I've posted an inter-challenge mini her

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60594-the-run-ger-games-inter-challenge-mini/

Please join up if you are in the mood for something non-Scouty as a break between this challenge and the next. It starts on Monday (so if you're in Aus, I guess that means you're in it already!) and runs till the end of Sunday.

Right, I'm off out. Laters!

• Like 1

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello, as I'm planning on joining you guys next challenge. I've had running in my challenges for a while but have been, for want of a better phrase, one buttock short of half-arsed about it. Which needs to change. And "It's a bit chilly out" isn't good enough. This is London. Not the Yukon. (that said, I'm thinking about joining a gym for a month, just to get shizzle done in the warm).

I've been doing an eight week beginner's running programme for about two years, which I'm not sure is the point, so that's first up on the quest front. Any and all advice and support would be utterly brilliant.

So, you know, Hello. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

TB

• Like 6

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

current challenge

"Higher, Lighter, Simpler, More Joyful"

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello, as I'm planning on joining you guys next challenge. I've had running in my challenges for a while but have been, for want of a better phrase, one buttock short of half-arsed about it. Which needs to change. And "It's a bit chilly out" isn't good enough. This is London. Not the Yukon. (that said, I'm thinking about joining a gym for a month, just to get shizzle done in the warm).

I've been doing an eight week beginner's running programme for about two years, which I'm not sure is the point, so that's first up on the quest front. Any and all advice and support would be utterly brilliant.

TB

Hey TB! It'll be great to have you running along with us.

There's an interim challenge if you'd like to join us. PvP is always fun.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

TB

I persuaded myself to go out in -17C today! I find the best thing to do can be to tell yourself you only have to go out for 5 or 10 minutes and you can turn around if it gets bad. Once you're out the door, it's usually not so bad. Once I get out the door I usually stick to it (I do remember once last winter where after 5 minutes of running into the wind I did turn around though!) Your weather forecast looks quite nice for running, at least when it's not raining. Your body will warm up, and there's no danger of overheating! 10-16C is apparently the optimal temperature range for record breaking marathons ;)

• Like 2

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I can confirm, yes it is quite nice for running here, rain or no rain. Go for it, Trolleybags!

• Like 1

Does anyone else have a sort of attribute bogeyman? The one attribute they keep avoiding or not quite fitting into a challenge? Mine's dexterity. I can't quite work out if I'm avoiding it, or don't have a clear enough idea of it to put it into stuff. I may go for a yoga goal for the next challenge in order to do something about it...

Hornbeam

Level 3 High Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

current challenge

"Higher, Lighter, Simpler, More Joyful"

Does anyone else have a sort of attribute bogeyman? The one attribute they keep avoiding or not quite fitting into a challenge? Mine's dexterity. I can't quite work out if I'm avoiding it, or don't have a clear enough idea of it to put it into stuff. I may go for a yoga goal for the next challenge in order to do something about it...

Mine is Charisma ... but yeah there's always a stat you "miss" just due to the natural of your challenges .... I'm pondering a more social life quest on the next challenge

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39
Current Challenge #40 Strickland5 themes on

You might see if there is something pvp wise that you could join in for the duration of the challenge or create a pvp group (post link here too :) ) that makes that stat the focus.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Hey all,

I just signed up for my first challenge as a Recruit but I wanted to pop in and say hello. I am training for my first TRI in July. I signed up for the Spudman TRI which is in July. I am interested in finding some people who have done a TRI before and offering any help or suggestions. 

I will be popping in from time to time. I am excited to be part of the team..

• Like 2

Level 3 Scout: | STR:7 | DEX:7 | STA:5 | CON:6 | WIS:3 | CHA:3
Challenges: 4 3 2 1
Profile: Strava | LoseIt | Blog

"Please don't nag yourself with the thoughts of failure. Don't set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can in the best way you know how and the Load will accept your effort." - Gordon B. Hinckley