• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] Challenge Questions Thread

Forums for next challenge are up!

I don't know if anyone's already pointed this out, but I can't see the Rangers forum there?  Although I admittedly haven't had nearly enough coffee yet this morning...

Oh good! I was about to freak out - "Nooo I finally decided on my guild and its goooone" :P Thank you Hammi!

*makes coffee and waits patiently by the Ranger tent*

I don't know if anyone's already pointed this out, but I can't see the Rangers forum there?  Although I admittedly haven't had nearly enough coffee yet this morning...

I see one called "Scouts"… could that be the one you're looking for? changed the name perhaps?

hahahahaha +1

Oh good! I was about to freak out - "Nooo I finally decided on my guild and its goooone" :tongue: Thank you Hammi!

*makes coffee and waits patiently by the Ranger tent*

Yeahhhhh so super apologies rangers! I somehow missed making that forum live last night, but it's up and ready to go now!

funny-pictures-orange-kitten-wants-.jpg

• Like 5

Do I have to start in Recruit? My fitness goals right now are super strength oriented, and I'm not really just starting out, and I'd rather post in Warriors (mainly so it's easier to see my progress against my nemesis).

I would recommend that you should post in recruits, so that mods and leaders and people who can help you know this is your first challenge and can help you accordingly... That said, no-one said you have to keep inside the recruits section of the forums. I followed some assassins and participated on their threads on my first challenge (even if my thread was in recruits), because I knew from day one where was I going to go after the 6wc. Its a great way to start meeting some of your future guild mates and also getting to know your future guild.

This is specially true advise because you want to go through the recruit's mini quests and stuff...

• Like 1

I would recommend that you should post in recruits, so that mods and leaders and people who can help you know this is your first challenge and can help you accordingly... That said, no-one said you have to keep inside the recruits section of the forums. I followed some assassins and participated on their threads on my first challenge (even if my thread was in recruits), because I knew from day one where was I going to go after the 6wc. Its a great way to start meeting some of your future guild mates and also getting to know your future guild.

This is specially true advise because you want to go through the recruit's mini quests and stuff...

I'm not completely sold on the whole 6wk challenge thing. I've mostly been just hanging around in the powerlifting/weightlifting forum, doing the 2V2L meet and such, and now there are a few of us PVPing to see who can total 1000lbs first, and I've managed to pick up a nemesis (similar lifts, identical goals, fun little rivalry), and so I was planning on just keeping over there, since that reflects where I am and where I'm going.

How does a person find a team? From what I can see, pretty well everyone else is already on a team & has some kind of bond with their Accountabuddies. I have yet to make a friend here on Nerd Fitness because, while I've been a member for a while, I've not yet been involved. I want to be, though, & I know that teams'll help with that, as well as with the current 6 week challenge. Where can I & others find teams that are looking for more members? I'm in the Recruit category. :)

I came here looking for the sign up sheet too - thanks for answering! As a third-timer attempting to complete a challenge, I jumped in halfway through the last challenge and completed my goals without realising they were too easy...should I still post in recruit? I think I'm going to still post in recruit...that was more a trial challenge than an actual one.

How does a person find a team? From what I can see, pretty well everyone else is already on a team & has some kind of bond with their Accountabuddies. I have yet to make a friend here on Nerd Fitness because, while I've been a member for a while, I've not yet been involved. I want to be, though, & I know that teams'll help with that, as well as with the current 6 week challenge. Where can I & others find teams that are looking for more members? I'm in the Recruit category. :)

Why you can look in the accountabilibuddies forum, of course.

Hi divergentfoodie! Welcome to nerdfitness! I am only in my second challenge, so I am fairly new here too. The great thing about this community is that there are people here from all walks of life and we all support each other and celebrate those differences (sounds a little corny, but true). You set your goals that are specific to you and that will help you level up in life, no matter your quest. Help and advice for setting your goals and improving the chance of success is readily available from the awesome guild leaders and in the amazing articles, but the goals are your own. There are also people here that have or have had eating disorders that you may be able to get advice and tips from. What I think is the most important thing about the nerdfitness community is that you get out of it what you put in and that ultimately, you will determine your own destiny. Nerdfitness is just the trusty sidekick that is there to lend a helping and supportive hand. Good luck in all your endeavors and I truly hope to see you out there and kicking ass!

• Like 1

Hi, I am new here and currently recovering from Anorexia. 

I want to join the Challenges but I'm afraid I'll go back to my old ways, i.e food restriction.

Am I doing the right thing (joining nerdfitness) here? 

Part of my plan for the challenge I didn't make was to make sure I didn't skip breakfast. I would get points for every day that I ate a full breakfast.

• Like 1

Hi, I am new here and currently recovering from Anorexia. 

I want to join the Challenges but I'm afraid I'll go back to my old ways, i.e food restriction.

Am I doing the right thing (joining nerdfitness) here? 

Possibly. What does your doctor say?

Sorry if this has been covered, I didn't seem to come across it in my reading though.

I created my first challenge today, however I've been doing the program that I have listed in my challenge since the beginning of February. Is it permissible to count that previous progress towards THIS 6 week challenge period even though I didn't find this community until yesterday? I don't want to "cheat" the points according to site rules, but I've been following my challenge diligently on my own before I even knew I could get sweet sweet EXP for it haha

Should this be against the rules, is there any rule for augmenting my current challenge to cover the next 6 week window instead?

Thanks!

-MAL

• Like 1

This is week five of the current challenge, right? When is the next one due to start? I missed out this time because of LIFE stuff.

Next one starts at april 20 and it will go till may 31.

I have done 11 challenges & have failed in some way in all of them,I am sorry about that, however I have learned a lot about myself. I did use my cpap for a while,so thats a positive,... depression & laziness are so hard to overcome. I went ahead & made a thread for this next challenge. I promise myself I will do better

• Like 1