• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] Challenge Questions Thread

Are new members allowed to join a guild for their first challenge, or do we have to be a recruit or adventurer?   

Hi wanderbound,

New members start off in the Recruit guild for the first challenge, then you can pick wherever you want to go after that.

I'm a bit confused - does the next challenge start on the 13th or the 20th?  Seeing different information in different parts of theforum.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused - does the next challenge start on the 13th or the 20th?  Seeing different information in different parts of theforum.  Thanks!

It has to be the 13th :)

• Like 1

If this question has already been answered, please forgive me.

I started out on the last challenge, but I was unable to make it through due to health reasons & a few other things. So would I still be counted as a Recruit? Or could I join the Adventurer Guild? I'm fine either way - I just want to know where I should place myself. Thanks in advance for the answer to this question. :)

Hey fellow rebels,

I'm trying to reach out you all on behalf of that lovely lady of mine, my wife. She has many spinal issues and wishes to lose weight. She's motivated but the exercise with spinal issues is really hindering her.

Anyone out there have any insight on what might help. I know that the final say is the medical professional's, I just want to think out side of the box for some exercise ideas for someone that has spinal issues.

Thanks a million!

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally posted my challenge in Adventures. I meant to put it in Assassins, so started a new one over there. 

In the future is there a better way to do that? Like delete, or move, or something? 

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally posted my challenge in Adventures. I meant to put it in Assassins, so started a new one over there.

In the future is there a better way to do that? Like delete, or move, or something?

If you message one of us Mods we can move it for you super fast next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you message one of us Mods we can move it for you super fast next time!

Oh that makes so much more sense. I'm super excited, and impatient, and was worried about being a bother. :)

Oh that makes so much more sense. I'm super excited, and impatient, and was worried about being a bother. :)

Never! That's why we're here! Hugs!

I have a quick accountibuddies question!

I missed the first week of the challenge (oops!), and I was wondering if it's too late to sign up for an accountibuddies group? If not, how would I go about finding one?

Well, i wanted to share my experience, I lost about 30 lbs of weight with hard exerciseI lost about 30 lbs of weight with hard exercise. couldn't go to gym so i orderes inversion machine and jumping ropes. it was gr8, but believe me it was really hard, anyways , i want to lose more weight as i am 160 lbs, i think 140 lbs is good for me. should i change my diet? will it b more effective with exercise i am doing?

Hello All :)

(I hope this is in the right part of the forum. If not, can someone please relocate it. Thank you!)

I'm new to NF, currently pre-Recruit, new to any kind of RP, and thoroughly looking forward to the participating in the next challenge. I'm working out my goals, and my missions, as well as making some small changes to my diet, fitness and health habits in the meantime. The RP aspect is new to me, but I think it might really help keep me motivated. I'll be trying to figure out my 'race' in the coming weeks too :)

In the past when I have attempted to improve my lifestyle habits, my Achilles heel has been a lack of structure, with minimal planning, followed up with a lack of accountability. In an effort to squash that before it's time to commence the challenge, I thought I'd try and prepare now, to make it as easy as possible to succeed later.

My main question is:  How does everyone keep track of where they are in their challenges? Is there a spreadsheet or similar that makes it easier to know how many days you've completed your particular missions/ SMART-quests? I know I cannot rely on my memory to tell me how many times I have eaten freggies this week, or how may days I avoided chai-lattes, so I'm looking for a simple but effective way to keep track of my achievements. 

(I know you can post in your own thread in the challenge groups, but realistically, I wont be able to do that on a daily basis. I'm looking for something offline). 

Any help in this would be much appreciated, and look forward to meeting you properly in a few weeks time!!

Krystal

Hello All :)

(I hope this is in the right part of the forum. If not, can someone please relocate it. Thank you!)

I'm new to NF, currently pre-Recruit, new to any kind of RP, and thoroughly looking forward to the participating in the next challenge. I'm working out my goals, and my missions, as well as making some small changes to my diet, fitness and health habits in the meantime. The RP aspect is new to me, but I think it might really help keep me motivated. I'll be trying to figure out my 'race' in the coming weeks too :)

In the past when I have attempted to improve my lifestyle habits, my Achilles heel has been a lack of structure, with minimal planning, followed up with a lack of accountability. In an effort to squash that before it's time to commence the challenge, I thought I'd try and prepare now, to make it as easy as possible to succeed later.

My main question is:  How does everyone keep track of where they are in their challenges? Is there a spreadsheet or similar that makes it easier to know how many days you've completed your particular missions/ SMART-quests? I know I cannot rely on my memory to tell me how many times I have eaten freggies this week, or how may days I avoided chai-lattes, so I'm looking for a simple but effective way to keep track of my achievements. 

(I know you can post in your own thread in the challenge groups, but realistically, I wont be able to do that on a daily basis. I'm looking for something offline). 

Any help in this would be much appreciated, and look forward to meeting you properly in a few weeks time!!

Krystal

I make my own spreadsheets to keep track of my challenge goals, and I use MyFitnessPal to track my food and exercise calories.  For the current challenge, my spreadsheets look like this.  I update my challenge post with screencaps pretty much every day, but you could certainly structure your challenge post however best works for you.

• Like 1

Can a cross-guild Accountabilibuddy group have its own mini-challenges where stat points are awarded to participants? I know the Assassin's do this, but I haven't seen it for anyone else yet. And I was hoping to reward my hunters in the Wild Hunt Rides Again group. Thanks!

Can a cross-guild Accountabilibuddy group have its own mini-challenges where stat points are awarded to participants? I know the Assassin's do this, but I haven't seen it for anyone else yet.

The Assassins don't award stat points to accountability groups.

-

The Assassins don't award stat points to accountability groups.

I assume other guilds may do this as well?

Is it possible for an Accountabilibuddy group to give stat points for mini-challenges?

The instructions say to come up with three goals for each challenge. Is that number a hard and fast rule, or can we have a different number of goals? For example, is it okay if I just want to focus on two goals?

Noobie confusion.  I'm in Adventurers, but it appears I should be in the 6-week Challenge Recruit Forum.  A friend suggests a forum admin could move me from Adventurers to the right forum.

Thanks, and apologies for my confusion.

-- RPM

Hello.  I keep trying to post a photo or caricature to my profile - don't even care which! -- and getting the message:

You do not have permission to use the attachments system.

Most people seem to have photos on their profiles so what am I doing wrong?

Hello.  I keep trying to post a photo or caricature to my profile - don't even care which! -- and getting the message:

You do not have permission to use the attachments system.

Most people seem to have photos on their profiles so what am I doing wrong?

Your picture is too big.Resize it smaller and see if that helps.

Quick question. and I don't belive this question goes here. But can someone explain how to get the progress bars up. I'm really confused about it.

The forums is named Current Challenge - July 26 to September 6, the dates seem off of typical Monday start to Sunday end.

Also, challenge #40 is not in the previous challenges section.