• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] Challenge Questions Thread

wait so I don't fill out a form to sign up for a challenge? I've never done one before, and I'm feeling lost in all the threads...

Also, shouldn't the big red letters say something like "next challenge Sept 16th" or something? Thanks in advance for your help!

Don't feel lost!

I imagine no one has had time to update the big red letters yet :)

There's no longer a need to fill out a form to sign up for the challenge. When the next set of 6 week challenge forums are up (will happen soon I imagine) report to the Recruit subforum and create your own challenge thread there. Don't forget to put your name in the thread title! Once it's set up there should be a FAQ thread and a discussion thread you can read/post on that will have more information to help you out.

• Like 1

I want to join this challenge, but I'm still kind of confused as to how to do it. Do I just have to say what my goals are, and then I'm in?

Pretty much. :)  Since it's your first time out, you'll want to post your challenge thread in the Recruits forum.  Make sure your goals are:

Specific

Measureable

Attainable

Realistic

Timely

Then post 'em up and get crackin'.  Spezzy's thread has some more details if you haven't seen it yet.

I'm just joining now and understand that I should join the recruits first but can I join in the middle of a challenge and does that count as my first challenge so I can join a guild after that even though it wasn't six weeks or do I join the recruits for this and the next challenge then join a guild or do I just wait for the next challenge and do that as a recruit then go on to a guild ?

Where is the list with the year's worth of upcoming Challenge Dates? I cant find it! Can we add that to the rules/FAQ page please?

Where is the list with the year's worth of upcoming Challenge Dates? I cant find it! Can we add that to the rules/FAQ page please?

I believe it's being located, updated, and reposted. Hang tight! 

• Like 1

I believe it's being located, updated, and reposted. Hang tight! 

^That

Next Challenge starts November 2nd, and is the last challenge of 2015.  After that, things are still being plotted out.

• Like 2

Potentially silly question, but I'm curious so I'm just going to ask anyway.

I did my first challenge over a year ago, and that went really well...then I got really demoralized and kind of fell off the wagon.

Then I got diagnosed with cancer.

Anyway, I've now been cancer free for almost three months (yay!) and have built up enough stamina to where I can walk places without getting exhausted. Since I'm feeling like a normal human again, I thought it would be good to jump back in the challenge, because I'm so out of shape it's absurd. (I may have a good reason for being where I'm at, but now it's time to do something about it.)

So here's my silly question: my stats. I made my stats with how I was last challenge, and felt they were pretty accurate...but now I don't think they fit at all. Mostly how I feel physically is that the first four stats should be 0-1, since I feel like a weak, limp noodle. My strength is depleted, my gains in dexterity are lost, and I really feel like the Constitution should be in the negatives. :) 

Do I just leave it as is and go from there? I have no idea how I would redistribute the points anyway, since like I said, I just feel physically like an infant. 

I know it's silly, but I'm curious. I haven't updated my signature yet, so you can see the distribution.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure I get how Challenges work. So everyone's just working on their own stuff, right? The main thing that makes it a challenge is the time frame?

We just need to make a post where we figure out our own goal, and our own side quest, and the log it? Is this right? For some reason I thought challenges were everyone doing the same thing together :)

I'm not 100% sure I get how Challenges work. So everyone's just working on their own stuff, right? The main thing that makes it a challenge is the time frame?

We just need to make a post where we figure out our own goal, and our own side quest, and the log it? Is this right? For some reason I thought challenges were everyone doing the same thing together :)

Right. Everyone works on their own stuff. The timeline is what defines the challenge. Being part of a guild, after you finish your first Recruit's challenge, means that you'll be around people who are (probably) doing the same kinds of things as you, but not the exact same goals.

Mini-challenges that some guilds use are the exception, where guild-wide, there's the option to participate in something, typically for a week at a time, on top of the regular challenge things.

Potentially silly question, but I'm curious so I'm just going to ask anyway.

I did my first challenge over a year ago, and that went really well...then I got really demoralized and kind of fell off the wagon.

Then I got diagnosed with cancer.

Anyway, I've now been cancer free for almost three months (yay!) and have built up enough stamina to where I can walk places without getting exhausted. Since I'm feeling like a normal human again, I thought it would be good to jump back in the challenge, because I'm so out of shape it's absurd. (I may have a good reason for being where I'm at, but now it's time to do something about it.)

So here's my silly question: my stats. I made my stats with how I was last challenge, and felt they were pretty accurate...but now I don't think they fit at all. Mostly how I feel physically is that the first four stats should be 0-1, since I feel like a weak, limp noodle. My strength is depleted, my gains in dexterity are lost, and I really feel like the Constitution should be in the negatives. :)

Do I just leave it as is and go from there? I have no idea how I would redistribute the points anyway, since like I said, I just feel physically like an infant. 

I know it's silly, but I'm curious. I haven't updated my signature yet, so you can see the distribution.

Thanks!

I think you should just keep them where they are. You still earned them! Even if life has thrown a punch at you and you aren't where you used to be you don't get penalized for that! :)

• Like 2