Shaarawy Gets Serious - FF:AC Style

shaar

[gentle philosophical thoughts]

So physically I'm not where I want to be yet - I don't think a lot of us are?  Fitness is a long journey and body dysmorphia is a real thing and I've had many many binges in the past of just feeling like ass, and feeling like I looked like ass.  But while I'm slowly but surely shaping my body, it's amazing how damn HAPPY this lifestyle is making me.  I notice such huge changes in my mood and energy and outlook on things that's it's just a giant 'whoa' moment.  I've always been pretty happy and optimistic but sometimes it's a struggle.  This time last year I look back and I was REALLY unhappy, stressed, very self-critical.  It's such a different place where I am now and I know I can credit it to the small, gradual lifestyle changes that I've made and stuck to and have integrated into my everyday life, like fitness and trying all sorts of new exercise, and eating quinoa patties for lunch instead of Healthy Choice microwavable crap. (seriously, why did I do that for so long)  The happiness and rewarding joy I get from taking care of myself is gigantic!! I feel like I've discovered some kind of magical unicorn salve or something.

[/thoughts]

Isn't this the best ever?  When I look back at last year, I hardly recognize that person.

KEEP ROCKING IT GIRLFRIEND!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks all, I'm really pleased with this challenge so far and am having - gasp! - a really good Monday.  HA!  What even??

(Even though I forgot my damn quinoa patties AT HOME this morning, so just salad for meeee, auugghh)

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Thanks all, I'm really pleased with this challenge so far and am having - gasp! - a really good Monday.  HA!  What even??

(Even though I forgot my damn quinoa patties AT HOME this morning, so just salad for meeee, auugghh)

I HATE it when I forget part/all of lunch at home, it's rare but boy does it bite. Oh well. Nice work on week 2, here's to week 3 being crushed like it owes you money.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Day 15

The sun is out.  It's 60 degrees.  I'd REALLY like to be outside!!!.....

Anyways. 

Slept in this morning but am going to continue on with my 30 day yoga challenge tonight!! I'm really loving those videos.  I actually did some yoga at my desk (!!) this morning for

and, not only did the phone not ring at all while I did it, it was a great stretch!!  Aw yiss.

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and water

Snack

Cottage cheeeeeese~

Lunch

Romaine hearts with avocado, ham, 1/2tbsp honey mustard (still bummed i forgot my quinoa patty, waaaaah)

Dinner

Probably chicken sausage and rice

I'm REALLY HYPE about my first beginner pilates class tomorrow!!!  Wheeee here's hoping I don't break myself.  (The instructor gets great reviews online so I'm positive!!!)  If I have a good time (I'm thinking I will) I'll probably sign up for the Friday class at 11:30, too. :) 

Our local professional soccer club is hosting a 5k in March and a lot of the supporters group (myself included) are going to sign up... aaahh... it's a 5k run/walk but I'd really like to RUN as much as possible!!!  (I know a lot of our members will be walking, which kind of makes me feel better that I for sure won't roll across the finish line in last place.)  Historically while I love running it doesn't love me and my cardio is pretty craptastic -especially- for sustained runs soooo... seems like I'll be adding some more running to my repertoire! Just the thought of it makes me cry a little but I'm going to try real hard!!!!

tumblr_mq0pdwO5Mx1remcf1o1_500.gif

• Like 5

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

We're having GREAT weather here too ... it's all like

tumblr_met1u3Dr2z1rqt9oz.gif

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39
Current Challenge #40 Strickland5 themes on

I think it is supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. Then back to winter weather.

As for the race, maybe try run-walk-run method. Taking short breaks on purpose feels less frustrating than wiping out at the end, prevents injury, and reduces fatigue. You could set the intervals to whatever ratio makes you happy.

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Sounds like you got things under control over here. Was today not the nicest day?

I went outside and...well, pulled bundles of wire from a huge pile of bramble-woven bundles of wire, but still! I was out there doing stuff, and tomorrow I will be OUTSIDE DOING STUFF!

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

yes! sunshine for everyone today! way cool.  :)  [we had beautiful blue sky, and it was 10 degrees warmer than any other day since i started running!]
can you believe we're already on into week 3?? nearly half way through the challenge! keep going strong - full steam ahead!

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

It really was a great start to the week yesterday. Just about perfect walking weather. Not too bad today, either, really. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

We're having GREAT weather here too ... it's all like

tumblr_met1u3Dr2z1rqt9oz.gif

I SO wanted to play work hooky this morning... I was out on the back porch with the cats and it was sunny and balmy... alas, paycheck won out. :(  It's supposed to get colder starting tomorrow too... booooo...

I think it is supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. Then back to winter weather.

As for the race, maybe try run-walk-run method. Taking short breaks on purpose feels less frustrating than wiping out at the end, prevents injury, and reduces fatigue. You could set the intervals to whatever ratio makes you happy.

Yup, silly southern weather. :(  I'm definitely going to have to interval and I'm very ok with that... it never seems to get any easier though, ha!

Sounds like you got things under control over here. Was today not the nicest day?

I went outside and...well, pulled bundles of wire from a huge pile of bramble-woven bundles of wire, but still! I was out there doing stuff, and tomorrow I will be OUTSIDE DOING STUFF!

I think pulling brambley wire counts as a workout!!  I want to move my work desk outside!! *_*

yes! sunshine for everyone today! way cool.   :)  [we had beautiful blue sky, and it was 10 degrees warmer than any other day since i started running!]

can you believe we're already on into week 3?? nearly half way through the challenge! keep going strong - full steam ahead!

I love the sun!!  WEEK 3 ALREADY, I KNOW!!!  It's flying by, hooray progress!!

It really was a great start to the week yesterday. Just about perfect walking weather. Not too bad today, either, really. 

It was a beautiful Monday!  The sun is out here and it's still pretty nice out... it's making me really want springtime to come around ASAP! (But I know that won't happen!)

• Like 1

I'm REALLY HYPE about my first beginner pilates class tomorrow!!!  Wheeee here's hoping I don't break myself.  (The instructor gets great reviews online so I'm positive!!!)  If I have a good time (I'm thinking I will) I'll probably sign up for the Friday class at 11:30, too. :)

Our local professional soccer club is hosting a 5k in March and a lot of the supporters group (myself included) are going to sign up... aaahh... it's a 5k run/walk but I'd really like to RUN as much as possible!!!  (I know a lot of our members will be walking, which kind of makes me feel better that I for sure won't roll across the finish line in last place.)  Historically while I love running it doesn't love me and my cardio is pretty craptastic -especially- for sustained runs soooo... seems like I'll be adding some more running to my repertoire! Just the thought of it makes me cry a little but I'm going to try real hard!!!!

One of these days I will find some pilates classes or something that fits into my schedule. I did pilates awhile back and really liked it.

If you're serious about trying to run a 5k the Zombie Run 5k app actually worked well for me and I was NEVER a runner. For a long time my asthma was most of the battle, these days its mostly my head.

Either way, you're doing awesome!! Let's crush week 3!!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Day 16

Quick update because holy workload Batman. (Also, OFFICE DRAMA, omg, why)

Had a beer last night to celebrate boyfriend's first day at new job!  Terrapin Hi 5, quick becoming one of my favorite IPA's.  Low ABV.  I have a photo but too swamped to upload now!!

Slept in this morning because PILATES TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk, water

Snack

Cottage cheese

Lunch

Hearts of romaine with avocado, ham cubes, 1/2tbsp honey mustard, QUINOA PATTY

Snack

Quinoa patty #2

Dinner

Turkey wrap on spinach after class (hopefully our organic food place has these in the to go cooler, otherwise I'll get something equally delicious and healthy)

• Like 3

Finally caught up! Man I missed a lot. Now I want Mexican and yoga and beer and a massage.

Seriously way to keep on kicking ass and having such an amazing attitude :). Seeing how a change in lifestyle is really changing you for the better is so awesome.

I saw someone recommended foam rolling and I just wanted to echo that, ever given it a shot? It would probably help cut down how often you need a massage.

Also I need to make those quinoa patties stat.

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 2

Sounds like you're kicking butt in spite of office drama (omg inorite, yyyyyyyy??). I don't miss office drama. Also the brambly wire scratched me up enough that today my girlfriend asked me if I'd had to step into a cat-fight.

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Hi, I'm finally back and catching up! 

Looks like you are doing a great job, kicking ass and taking names! I've enjoyed telling my husband (who is currently playing FF . . . 7? the one with Sephiroth and Tiffa) about your challenge theme. You remain an inspiration!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Hi, I'm finally back and catching up! 

Looks like you are doing a great job, kicking ass and taking names! I've enjoyed telling my husband (who is currently playing FF . . . 7? the one with Sephiroth and Tiffa) about your challenge theme. You remain an inspiration!

YAY YAY YAY THERE YOU ARE!

That is FF7, man, I haven't played that game in forever... I wish they'd make a remake of it with updated graphics, although I guess I could still play it on my PS, but do I really have the time to sink into another game????? (This is why I need to win the lottery.)

Sounds like you're kicking butt in spite of office drama (omg inorite, yyyyyyyy??). I don't miss office drama. Also the brambly wire scratched me up enough that today my girlfriend asked me if I'd had to step into a cat-fight.

OMG the office drama... it is still here.... aaahhhh.  My office is generally about 98% drama free but *happenings* have happened and now it's like aruuhuahruahr~  I think I'd take the brambles over cat battles, those cats can be ruthless!!!

Finally caught up! Man I missed a lot. Now I want Mexican and yoga and beer and a massage.

Seriously way to keep on kicking ass and having such an amazing attitude :). Seeing how a change in lifestyle is really changing you for the better is so awesome.

I saw someone recommended foam rolling and I just wanted to echo that, ever given it a shot? It would probably help cut down how often you need a massage.

Also I need to make those quinoa patties stat.

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

I want all those things right now too...!!!

I have a foam roller at home but I have the coordination of a walrus at the ballet on it.  I need to get a tennis ball for my neck and upper back though!!

I'm super impressed with the quinoa patties.  They are WAY tastier than I thought they would be!  I should add some Old Bay next time!!

• Like 3

Day 16 Addendum

Dude.  First pilates class.  That stuff is NO JOKE.

I was run through the wringer for an hour and holy core work.  Holy glute work!  There were times my body was trembling so bad holding a pose I thought I was just going to like, bounce right out the door or something.  I did a LOT better than I thought I would though!!!  We did lots of tabletop pose-work for core and glutes, and a lot of inner and outer thigh work with balls and rings. (HNNNGGHH the pain of those, holy mama)  The ones that really got me though, were the poses where we were on our sides and stacked our hips and did elevated leg work... oh lord.  The last 5 minutes of class was just elevated leg work and making little circles with your heel and I thought my legs were going to snap off.

We actually did some glute stretches on a foam roller too (!!!),with the foam roller under you between your bum and lower back, and you do the glute stretch with one leg crossed over the other and leaning back (so this but at a tilty angle with a roller under you) and I was pretty proud because my crossed leg could touch my chest each time!  YEAH!

I had a great session and if my body doesn't complain too much over the next couple of days, I'll go back on Friday for another go!

Tifa-s-limit-break-Dissdia-012-tifa-lock

Day 17

The word of the week in my life seems to be DRAMA.  Lots of work drama, and now LOTS of outside drama dealing with my soccer club, and it's really got me pretty INFURIATED so I'm trying to just chill and keep it real until we can figure out how to proceed.

But.  Drama.  SERIOUSLY?

fc,220x200,white.jpg

I'm pretty run down today because drama got me all heated and last night's workout seriously wiped me out.  BUT.  I GOT UP AND GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING.

!!!!!!!

I haven't weighed 135 since I started this whole NF thing.  Maybe tomorrow I will be 134??  AW YISS.  Really hype about that.

Did some gentle yoga this morning to work out the pilates kinks - I'm kind of amazed because I figured I'd be pretty unable to function like a human being (and more like a penguin) but I'm doing pretty well... leg DOMS but otherwise not too terrible.  Maybe because my body is used to hard work now?  HA.

At any rate I'm hoping to get through the day without falling asleep at my desk!

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and water

Snack

Eating some almonds RIGHT NOW, cottage cheese in an hour

Lunch

Hearts of romaine with avodaco, ham, 1/2tbsp honey mustard, quinoa patty

Dinner

Grilled porkchops or tilapia, whichever defrosts first!  IT'S A FOOD RACE!!

:love_heart:  :love_heart:

• Like 4

Ah pilates.  Seems so simple.  Hurts so good.

Nice job on your class!  Planning to gt in the air anytime soon???

I did not expect that level of AUGH

I want to do aerial silks but I want to get a little more established at the studio first - one set of DOMS at a time, HA!  (I need to learn to pace myself instead of doing ALL OF THE THINGS NAO) I really wish they did aerial yoga there too but I can eventually supplement silks with hoop at another location so that's a rad substitute!!

• Like 2

I did not expect that level of AUGH

I want to do aerial silks but I want to get a little more established at the studio first - one set of DOMS at a time, HA!  (I need to learn to pace myself instead of doing ALL OF THE THINGS NAO) I really wish they did aerial yoga there too but I can eventually supplement silks with hoop at another location so that's a rad substitute!!

Ah, hoop: the bruisiest thing. People will ask you if things are "okay at home."  You have been warned!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Ah, hoop: the bruisiest thing. People will ask you if things are "okay at home."  You have been warned!

HAHAHAHA!!  Oh man and I'll probably start just when spring is beginning to bloom around here... heeeeey very pale bruisey girl.  

• Like 2

Pilates will kick your ass, but good work powering through! Gonna make that part of your routine?

Dinner

Grilled porkchops or tilapia, whichever defrosts first!  IT'S A FOOD RACE!!

:love_heart:  :love_heart:

The best kind of race, IMHO.

HAHAHAHA!!  Oh man and I'll probably start just when spring is beginning to bloom around here... heeeeey very pale bruisey girl.  

You and me both. YAY.

• Like 1

I want to get back to hoop, but I do kind of not miss the solid black and blue and purple backs of my legs.  It's kind of nice to walk without whimpering.

AERIAL: NO PAIN, NO GAIN.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Day 16 Addendum

Day 17

The word of the week in my life seems to be DRAMA.  Lots of work drama, and now LOTS of outside drama dealing with my soccer club, and it's really got me pretty INFURIATED so I'm trying to just chill and keep it real until we can figure out how to proceed.

But.  Drama.  SERIOUSLY?

I'm pretty run down today because drama got me all heated and last night's workout seriously wiped me out.  BUT.  I GOT UP AND GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING.

!!!!!!!

I haven't weighed 135 since I started this whole NF thing.  Maybe tomorrow I will be 134??  AW YISS.  Really hype about that.

Did some gentle yoga this morning to work out the pilates kinks - I'm kind of amazed because I figured I'd be pretty unable to function like a human being (and more like a penguin) but I'm doing pretty well... leg DOMS but otherwise not too terrible.  Maybe because my body is used to hard work now?  HA.

Congrats on the pilates and yeah pilates = pain from stuff that looks soooo easy. It's sneaky that way :).

Also congrats on the weight, seeing the numbers move is always nice.

I really hope the drama clears up quickly and easily. I hate drama and the stress it induces :(.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Finally caught up. Oh man. XD You're rocking things out hardcore. :D

I am at a bar listening to a group of chubby middle aged drunken women shriek at each other about shakeology and hating squats oh god.

I have a friend who is a huuuuuuge shakeology fan. I just... don't get it? I don't know. But I hate squats, too. But I still do them because squat butt. :D

Day 16 Addendum

I was run through the wringer for an hour and holy core work.  Holy glute work!  There were times my body was trembling so bad holding a pose I thought I was just going to like, bounce right out the door or something.  I did a LOT better than I thought I would though!!!  We did lots of tabletop pose-work for core and glutes, and a lot of inner and outer thigh work with balls and rings. (HNNNGGHH the pain of those, holy mama)  The ones that really got me though, were the poses where we were on our sides and stacked our hips and did elevated leg work... oh lord.  The last 5 minutes of class was just elevated leg work and making little circles with your heel and I thought my legs were going to snap off.

We actually did some glute stretches on a foam roller too (!!!),with the foam roller under you between your bum and lower back, and you do the glute stretch with one leg crossed over the other and leaning back (so this but at a tilty angle with a roller under you) and I was pretty proud because my crossed leg could touch my chest each time!  YEAH!

I had a great session and if my body doesn't complain too much over the next couple of days, I'll go back on Friday for another go!

Yeah..... I know this pain. I'll (probably) have this pain tomorrow. It does great things for your core, but oh man so much pain. SO MUCH.

• Like 2

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚