Shaarawy Gets Serious - FF:AC Style

shaar

UPDATES

Ugh, I'm so behind and kind of off kilter.  Let's see.

Did in fact have a glass of wine Wednesday night so that brings my drink total up to a big ol' TWO.

DAY 18 (yesterday)

Sweet buttery gee-whiz THIS WORK WEEK.  I pretty much turned into work-robot and went nuts.  I still have a lot of overflow stuff to do on Monday too but I think I did pretty good damage control.  Also, work drama is at an all time high SO that was super productive, NOT.  Did not work out yesterday, so my two rest days are used up, but that's ok because I have plenty of time this weekend!!!!

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk and water

Snack

Cottage Cheeseeeeeeee

Lunch

Hastily-nommed salad, hearts of romaine, ham, avocado, 1/2tbsp honey mustard, quinoa patty

Snack

I think I had a Kind bar?  I can't remember???

Dinner

Lemon pepper tilapia with panko and Mediterranean couscous (I always have to have spell check correct my mangling of medeterranean, ha)

Almost caved and got wine, BUT NOPE.  Winnah.

Day 19

tumblr_mhr7pv8DI41qg1v6ho1_250.gif

AUGH TAX DAY.  Will I win or will I have a sad??

I was VERY LUCKY ..... that I worry about dumb things and automatically assume the worst because while I did get dinged for my ACA oopsie, it wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought, and I still got a really sizeable return.  YES CAMP, YES PAYING OFF CREDIT CARD, YES LEGGINGS AND PILATES CLASSES AND AERIAL SILKS IN THE SPRING.

YES.

Lordy I hate tax season.  *collapse*

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Coffee and Kind bar

Lunch

Breakfast burrito (cheap and easy, I'll take it, even if it did give me a little heartburn...)

Dinner

Porkchops and corn

I'm going to catch up on a day or two worth of forum stuff, register myself for pilates next Friday, then go to do some more of my 30 day yoga challenge... 2 videos?  3??  ALL THE VIDEOS! (no way)  I also have been introduced to baby crow and I really want to practice that... I think I could attempt it since it's forearms...

BONUS KPOP!!

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AAAHH I LOVE GIRLS GENERATION

I shamelessly want to be a KPop star in my next life.

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

My only exposure to KPop is 2NE1

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39
Current Challenge #40 Strickland5 themes on

40 minutes of yoga and baby crow practice!  I was able to hold the pose for about 5 seconds before I had to drop out!  Wahooooo!!  (There's even a PICTURE on my fitness INSTAGRAM *points to sig* that took some well placed phone-ing to get.)

Also my cats have cabin fever.  Proof.

(he was purring through the whole thing but it didn't translate well from phone to the youtubes)

• Like 4

There's even a PICTURE on my fitness INSTAGRAM *points to sig* that took some well placed phone-ing to get.

A fitness instagram account?! 

must

follow!

tumblr_static_tumblr_m7ahp7su471rwniqvo1

• Like 3

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

The only KPop I know of is Psy....

BUT

As an independent contractor, I feel your tax season pain.  It's worse this year because we bought a house, and I have no idea -- dear sweet JEEBUS but I have no idea how that's going to affect anything.  I have an actual office now, though -- that should count for SOMETHING. 

Basically, we usually get federal back, but Georgia is a BEAR with income taxes.  So we usually end up waiting for our federal to come in so we can pay our state.  There's usually a little bit over, but not much. 

BUT it sounds like you're doing great!

• Like 1

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

The only KPop I know of is Psy....

BUT

As an independent contractor, I feel your tax season pain. It's worse this year because we bought a house, and I have no idea -- dear sweet JEEBUS but I have no idea how that's going to affect anything. I have an actual office now, though -- that should count for SOMETHING.

Basically, we usually get federal back, but Georgia is a BEAR with income taxes. So we usually end up waiting for our federal to come in so we can pay our state. There's usually a little bit over, but not much.

BUT it sounds like you're doing great!

Yeah everything is totally different for me now because of my ACA paperwork... which now I have to pay way more in filing fees because I have TWO forms instead of just my usual W2... reeeeally people?!?! UGH

I'm glad I got it done because, like you, I had a big question mark over my head (not because my quest was complete, hehe) because I had NO IDEA how much anything would be affected. Grrrr!!

Double posting for a challenge update - last night was drinks 3 and 4 as we went out to dinner with some friends (I had a cosmo at dinner and a blood orange gose at the bottle shop on the way home). I'm finding lately that I seriously don't even WANT beer... whether I'm burned out on it from last year or my body is like 'tea please' instead, either way it's interesting and kinda nice. :)

Also cheat meal was had, we split a pizza at Brixx. It was only 3 smallish slices but still, pizza. (I had pear and gorgonzola with caramelized onions and toasted walnuts... my pizza heaven)

Also a photo of my Victory book for life quest! Seems this week started out great for me... then just went to crap, haha!

f03084da9cfa7e51af6935e1e53d162f.jpg

• Like 2

O HAI!

DUUUUUDE WHERE HAS YOU BEEN??? [emoji2] [emoji119]
  • Like 1

Two days worth of updates, ahoy!  (I don't weekend-internet very well.) (I guess that's a good thing?) (Except for playing video games, heh heh.)

Day 19

Yesterday I did some weightlifting!  Awwww yiss!  I had a proud because I stratched properly beforehand and while I have DOMS today, they are the good DOMS and not whoa-I-pulled-something-by-being-an-idiot.  Workout was 3 sets of:

Curls 10lb x10x10x10

Shoulder presses 10lbx10, 20lbx8x6

Lateral raises 8lb x10x8x8 (ow)

Rotator turns 8lb x8x6x6 (ow)

Bent rows 20lb x10x10x10

Chest flys 10lb x10x10x10

Bench press 10lb x10, 20lb x10x10

Took an awesome epsom salt bath with clary sage and lemongrass essential oils and felt AWESOME.  I love essential oil baths.  Cures what ails ya, there's an oil for everything. ;)

Also, this workout made me HUNGRY.  Like, I was starving throughout the day.  Oy vey.

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Coffee, protein shake with almond milk and water

Lunch

Black bean patty with cheese and bacon

Snack

Handful of small Saltine crackers

Dinner

Turkey wrap with avocado and bacon

Also had a big ol' glass of wine today, which brings my drink could for the week to 5, but I'm totally OK with giving myself a B and allowing an extra drink after a hard week!

Day 20

Did 40 minutes of yoga today, LOTS of core work, but I had to modify some of the vinyasas because my shoulders were preeeetty sore.  Would have worked on baby crow again but, sore arms.  (I actually tried once but fell over with the quickness, HA.)  A lot of the exercises in my core section mirrored the stuff I'm doing in pilates, tabletop legs, inner thigh work, etc.  It was cool. :) I'm really digging the lots of yoga I'm doing lately.  It's HARD.  I love that I can be so versatile with what kind of exercise I want to do each day; weights, yoga, pilates, jogging, HIIT, LOTS OF OPTIONS.

Foodings

Breakfast

Coffee, Kind bar

Lunch

I'm going to list this as another cheat meal for this week - we went to an awesome little surf shack with AMAZING food (no really) and I could have gotten a salad or turkey sandwich, but I splurged for the pulled pork quesadilla with black beans, jalapenos, and cheese.... with potato salad.  Yup.  Tater salad.  SO GOOD.  And again, I'm ok with treating myself once in a while and gibing myself a B this week. :)

Dinner

Porkchops with veggies

WEEK 3 RECAAAAAAAAP!!!

tumblr_m7nfshBv7F1qec6seo2_r2_500.gif

Quest 1 - Less Mako, More Mana

Had 5 drinks, one over my A limit, so B!

Quest 2 - Stocking Up on Sylkis Greens

Had two cheat meals, one over my A limit, so B!

Quest 3 - Training for AVALANCHE

5 days out of seven = A for me! :)

Life Quest - Lifestream

Victory book, every darn daaaaay!  A!!

So I guess for Week 3, A-? B+?  IT KINDA EQUALS OUT?!  I'm gonna go with A-.

ONWARD TO WEEK 4!!!!! Which will include pilates, more yoga, and maybe me getting my lazy butt out for a jog!!!

• Like 3

WEEK 3 RECAAAAAAAAP!!!

tumblr_m7nfshBv7F1qec6seo2_r2_500.gif

Quest 1 - Less Mako, More Mana

Had 5 drinks, one over my A limit, so B!

Quest 2 - Stocking Up on Sylkis Greens

Had two cheat meals, one over my A limit, so B!

Quest 3 - Training for AVALANCHE

5 days out of seven = A for me! :)

Life Quest - Lifestream

Victory book, every darn daaaaay!  A!!

So I guess for Week 3, A-? B+?  IT KINDA EQUALS OUT?!  I'm gonna go with A-.

ONWARD TO WEEK 4!!!!! Which will include pilates, more yoga, and maybe me getting my lazy butt out for a jog!!!

Congrats for surviving this evil, evil week! We'll ace week 4 for sure.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Also my cats have cabin fever.  Proof.

CUTIE CAT!!! what a sweet lil dude.

just catching up over here, but it looks like you're doing really well despite the crap that seems to always hit the fan around this time of every challenge. [extra crap this time thanks to taxes, ugh.] so good job!!!

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

sounds like you came out on top this week! 

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

WHAT WHY HAVE I NOT KNOWN THAT THIS WAS THE MAGIC K-POP THREAD!?

Ah, better late than never.

Anyhow, excellent work with the liftings and the foodings and the tax-wizarding!  I really like your victory book, and the different colored markers!  I think the key to success in life is to use as many different markers as possible for any given task.

LETS DOMINATE US SOME WEEK 4!

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!  I don't have the time to respond to you each individually because work is still a war zone but I appreciate each and every awesome sentiment! :D :D

tumblr_inline_mhks25G3rV1qiw26m.gif

work is still a war zone 

Well you need a War Machine!

warmachine-pc.gif

• Like 4

Half-Ork Scout Leader

hqdefault.jpg

BBAA! Sort of sound that a stuttering sheep makes, but not bad at all!

Not baa-aa-ad.

I'll go now.

Dear Week Four: Shaarawy is coming for you, and bringing hell along!

• Like 3

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Phew, time for an update!

Day 21

tumblr_n3z9meyD9Q1ttu5ojo1_400.gif

Yesterday was INSANITY.  (And not the Shaun T kind.)  Work is probably going to be slightly perilous for the next month or so because we're having a lot of personnel changes, but yesterday I really put my nose to the grindstone and got LOTS done to (hopefully) make the rest of my week less panic-induced.

No workout, but it was Monday, so that was expected.

FOODINGS

Breakfast

Whole grain english muffin

Snack

Cottage cheese

Lunch

Turkey wrap with avocado, hard boiled egg, lettuce, cheese, honey mustard (NOM)

Snack

Luna Bar

Dinner

Ugh went the easy route BECAUSE WORK STRESS and ordered out, had two little slices of pizza.  Not sure I'll count this as a cheat because it was still under my general calorie count for a non-workout day.  (The place we order from allows you to buy single slices instead of a whole pizza too, which is GREAT for satisfying a small craving and not being stuck with leftover slices.  Woot!)

Our bottle shop is actually having a BEER AND CHEESE PAIRING (!!!!!) Saturday night that I'm PRETTY hype to attend, so I'm thinking that will be my cheat night.  Planning ahead rules. :)

Day 22

WORKOUT DAAAAAYYYY!!  Did 4 reps of Neila Rey's Matrix and 20 minutes of yoga, specifically for hamstrings and glutes.  I'm really trying to work more on my hamstrings lately, they are SO inflexible... they always have been, even at the peak of my fitness days, but now with the desk job they're so much more like iron rods.  BLAH.

FOODINGS!

Breakfast

Protein shake with almond milk and water

Snack

COTTAGE CHEESE YO

Lunch

Same delicious turkey wrap I made yesterday

Dinner

Likely chicken sausages and jasmine rice

• Like 3