Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

Thanks to you I got a new thing started

Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted

Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me

You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning

In the end...

-What doesn't kill you (Stronger), Kelly Clarkson

This is my 3rd challenge and my second as an assassin! I'm stealing the lyric theme idea from Startsapart because I quoted the above song to someone yesterday and realized it's pretty fitting for where I am. I've made good progress building strong and healthy habits and I want to continue on that path. I also feel like I've got my mental heath pretty well controlled and have mostly recovered from everything that brought me down in 2012-2013. I'm moving forward, setting goals and no longer constantly questioning myself.

Since I'm 10-15 lbs away from my theoretical goal weight, I've decided that it's time to focus more on getting strong. What's the point of being a healthy weight if you can't do anything?

MAIN QUEST:

Decrease body fat to 20-24% and learn to use my body effectively by improving strength, flexibility and whatever else I find lacking. Really its all about building solid habits while having fun  :D.

QUEST 1:  Stand a little taller (DEX 3, CON 2)

Mobility/flexibility/balance continue to be something that I want to improve. I really want to get to the point where various parts of my body stop bothering me (I'm talking to you right knee/hip and shoulder). I'm going to keep working on hanging, lower body stretching and balancing/crow pose. I'll also be adding in wrist mobility exercises since they are also problematic.

• Complete all items 5 min/day 6 days a week
  • Practice balancing 
  • Work on hanging/shoulder mobility
  • Lower body stretching
  • Wrist mobility drills 

QUEST 2: Footsteps even lighter (STA 2, CON 1)

Last challenge I started working through Zombie Run 5k training and found that I was having fun with it. Based on this discovery I've decided to keep working on running 2-3 times a week. 

• Go for 2-3 runs a week

QUEST 3: Stronger (STR 2, STA 1)

A long term goal of mine is to be strong enough to do whatever I want which means I need to start training. I'm joining a gym and will be lifting heavy 3x/week most likely using StrongLifts. 

• Lift heavy 3 times a week

LIFE QUEST: (WIS 2, CHA 2)

I'm terribad at remembering what happens each day. I want to live my life and start keeping a record of the positives that I experience since one bad experience carries a terrible amount of mental weight. I think this will also help me get a better perspective on what I enjoy. 

• Write in DayOne 6 days a week

Details for progress will be added on Sunday....

BEFORE PICS:

2015 01 05 Front

2015 01 05 Side

BEFORE MEASUREMENTS:

• Weight: 164
  • Chest: 36
  • Waist: 29
  • Hips: 39
  • Thighs (L/R): 21.75/22 
  • Calves (L/R): 16/15.75
  • Like 10

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Woot, in board for more awesomeness! Excited to see how stronglifts treat you, I hope I can join a gym sometime soon and try!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Subbed! Great Life Quest - writing works wonders!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Good luck for the new challenge.  I look forward to seeing how you get on with the stronglifts, as I'm hoping to something similar in my next challenge.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 

Hi! Commenting so I'm subscribed for the fun ahead!

YAY!! Always glad to have you!!

Woot, in board for more awesomeness! Excited to see how stronglifts treat you, I hope I can join a gym sometime soon and try!

I'm hoping that it works out well but I know it will be challenging. 

Sounds awesome! :D Subbing to follow the awesomeness! All the best in the challenge!

YAY!!

Subbed! Great Life Quest - writing works wonders!

The writing will be hard and I think it will be a good step forward. I've spent so many years not wanting to look at what is going on in my head and around me and instantly forgetting a bunch of stuff. I want to work on paying attention to things and get both the positive and negative stuff out of my head and recorded for posterity's sake. :D

Subbing!

YAY!!!!!!

Good luck for the new challenge.  I look forward to seeing how you get on with the stronglifts, as I'm hoping to something similar in my next challenge.

It will be interesting.

Looking forward to your progress on Stronglifts too, I'm keen to hear a non-meathead opinion of it. Good luck!

I can't wait to share how it goes. I just hope my mobility issues don't hurt my progress too much!

Nicely worked out goals for sure... I am also aiming for solid habit building, I think its the key :) I'll follow for the Stronglifts too! Good luck!

Solid habits are the key to my progress. Being able to build a new habit is what convinced me that I was ready to change my focus from fixing my mental state to fitness and leveling up back in July.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Love the goals, by the way. I may add a small goal about flexibility in my challenge.

I'm finding that while it is a PITA to work on I feel a LOT better when I do it. Everything just moves a bit easier and it's really satisfying to be able to touch the floor. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

awesome goals and so excited to see you rock them :)

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Updated OP with pics and measurements. Based on those measurements my BF % is something around 25% right now. I'm still waiting to hear back from the gym I'm joining to schedule my orientation which will include measuring my BF. I'll finally get to see if my calculations are anything close to accurate.  I'll add scoring to my OP once I know when I can actually start lifting. I'm hoping its this week but it might not pan out. 

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Just realized you chose the same challenge song as I did a couple challenges ago!  Yeah mind-meld!!!!

Also, looking goooooooooooooood in those pics!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Just realized you chose the same challenge song as I did a couple challenges ago!  Yeah mind-meld!!!!

Also, looking goooooooooooooood in those pics!

Woop woop!! It's a powerful song :D!

I'm proud because I can actually agree with you opinion re the pics!! I'm getting more definition in my abs but I need to work on my glutes. It's all about incremental improvements, right? And StrongLifts should help. 

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Yay another stronglifter! I'm just starting out too and am a bit nervous so I'm excited a few others on here are starting out with it as well :)

YAY!! I'll sub your thread so we can cheer each other on!

Subbed! You look fantastic!

Thanks aeshnidae!! I think I might actually be getting the hang of all this, I even manage to loose another 2.4 lbs over the holiday.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

DAY 1:

• Stand a little taller: Hanging and lower body stretching done; wrist and balancing will be done shortly
  • Footsteps even lighter: Done, ran 25/40ish minutes! I'm in awe of myself because I did all the drills and didn't pant at all!
  • Stronger: Not today
  • Life Quest: Will complete before bed

Positives

• Finished hanging some of the new shelves that I picked up at ikea.
  • Unpacked some boxes that have been sitting around for awhile.
  • Got most of my work files backed up to the network
  • Started off the challenge strong!
  • Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1