I want to get dirty

This will be my log as I attempt to drop the last 30-40 pounds I have to lose, and get into shape enough to do Color Me Rad in June, and the Dirty Dash in July (hence the title).

Today I started a whole30, which I'll probably carry on to 90 or more days. I really want to kill the sugar dragon once and for all. I'll be doing a semi AIP whole30, as I've been AIP for 9.5 months but have reintroduced some things like eggs, black pepper, pecans, and even dairy though that's now out again because whole30. I also want to workout consistently, as in 4-6 days a week. I ordered a 20# kettlebell that should be here saturday, and I'll be doing Turbofire workouts, plus bodyweight stuff. So this is where I will track everything.

This morning I did the Turbofire Core 20 workout video

Breakfast: I had a HB egg before working out, then breakfast after, so it's only 2 eggs on a bed of sauteed brussels sprouts and bacon with a side of sweet potato hashbrowns. Everything cooked in ghee.

post-9658-0-40976600-1420161770_thumb.jp

Lunch: Leftovers from dinner lastnight. Chicken legs marinated in Nom Nom Paleo's orange sriracha chicken marinade (skipped the glaze, even though it's amazing, I have not reintroduced nightshades and it includes honey) with green beans cooked in coconut aminos, fish sauce, garlic and ginger, and roasted garlic mashed cauliflower. Also an orange and LaCroix lemon soda water that aren't pictured.

post-9658-0-98172600-1420161942_thumb.jp

Dinner: Used my new Instant Pot pressure cooker to make beef stew. It's so good. Stew meat, carrots, onions, cabbage, bone broth, a little nomato sauce, splash of fish sauce, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves, plus a sprinkle of parsley on top to make it pretty.

post-9658-0-81739100-1420167366_thumb.jp

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Craving sugar a little, but not too bad. No carb flu yet, but I don't think it will be too bad if I get it at all. While my sugar dragon is still alive and well, my tolerance for sugar is still way lower than it used to be. 

Breakfast: Same as yesterday. I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day until I get really sick of it, then figure out something new. It's one less meal to think about.

post-9658-0-27923300-1420253048_thumb.jp

Lunch was leftover stew with a lacroix lemon soda water and an orange

post-9658-0-32165800-1420253085_thumb.jp

and dinner was a stirfry with grass fed sirloin steak, snow peas, carrots, broccoli, and green onions in a sauce of coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger and garlic with some black pepper. I was starving when I got home so I ate a handful of black olives while cooking dinner.

post-9658-0-51614000-1420253102_thumb.jp

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Good luck.

I am also doing a Whole30 for this challenge. This will be my third. I am also considering extending it a few weeks since I am trying to get to my goal weight as well.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Good luck with your whole30!

Did a 15 minute HIIT workout. It ended up taking more like 30-40 minutes though because I kept having to pause it to rest. But I did finish it. And I got my kettlebell! Now I can start doing kettlebell workouts.

Breakfast: eggs, brussels sprouts and bacon, sweet potato hashbrowns with an orange and some moroccan mint green tea.

post-9658-0-20594500-1420340487_thumb.jp

Lunch: leftover stirfry and lacroix lemon soda water

day3lnch_zpsf2f98260.jpg

Dinner: lettuce wrapped grass fed burger with bacon, guac, pickles, and sweet potato fries.

day3dnr_zps32e8ca4e.jpg

Day 4

Workout: 30 minutes of Turbofire.

Breakfast: Same as I've been having, plus an orange. Loving these cara cara oranges, I got a huge bag of them at costco.

DSCN3327_zps5089725c.jpg

Lunch: Leftover bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries. I was so hungry I didn't even bother with a plate, I ate it right off the foil I heated it up on.

DSCN3331_zps172fd3db.jpg

Dinner: Roasted chicken leg and thigh, garlic green beans sauteed in ghee, and roasted kabocha squash and a LaCroix lemon soda water. I also had another orange and a few (I swear, only a few) home-made apple chips. The apple chips are kind of food without breaks, but I just got a dehydrator for christmas and my aunt is coming in to town tomorrow, so I wanted to make a bag of apple chips for her and my mom, but I had to make sure they were good right?

DSCN3371_zps8c7f0ebc.jpg

• Like 1

Didnt take pics of breakfast or dinner. Breakfast was same thing I've been having. Dinner was a salad, ribeye steak, and sweet potato hashbrowns. Lunch was leftovers. 51afc75039fea7c70113f908cb0e1ba4.jpg

Day 6:

Got up this morning and did some squats and lunges, but my upper body was still really sore, so I didn't do anything more.

Breakfast: Same as always

Day6bfst_zps2a27ac83.jpg

Lunch: Chicken Salad with leftover roast chicken, diced celery, apple, pecans, and golden raisins with mayo. I didn't end up eating the kipper snack with lunch. I had that with some mayo and avocado when I got home and was cooking dinner because I was starving.

day6lnch_zps52d503a7.jpg

Dinner: http://autoimmune-paleo.com/citrus-bison-meatballs-with-cr…/Only I used some basic beef and pork meatballs I already had made and just put garlic and ginger in the sauce, plus I added snow peas. Also had a few apple chips.

Day6dnr_zps191d920e.jpg

I think I'm going to stop taking pictures of breakfast and lunch, unless I have something different. It's getting a bit repetitive.

Breakfast: same as usual

Lunch: leftover sweet potato noodles with snow peas and meatballs, plus an orange, LaCroix soda water, and about 1/3 cup kalamata olives.

Dinner: Cod pieces dredged in egg, coconut flour, and arrowroot starch seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, fried in coconut oil, with home made tartar sauce (mayo with chopped up dill pickles, fresh dill, and lemon juice), with a salad.

day7dnr_zps55cd2010.jpg

Day 8: Got up early and did a core workout. First day were I've REALLY been craving sugar. A couple hours after dinner I just wanted ANYTHING with sugar in it. I ended up having half an apple and went to bed.

Breakfast: Same

Lunch: leftover fish and salad, orange, LaCroix

Dinner: Zoodles with nomato sauce and meatballs.

Day8dnr_zps9c95d14a.jpg

Day 9: 

Breakfast: Same

Lunch: Leftover nomato sauce with zoodles and meatballs, an orange, and LaCroix

Dinner: garlic sage chicken patties with home made ranch and salad with kalamata olives and red wine vinaigrette.

Day9dnr_zpsc9b074d3.jpg

Day 10: Did a 30 minute Turbofire cardio workout

Breakfast: same

Lunch: leftover chicken patties with salad

Dinner: bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries (forgot to take picture)

Day 11: woke up late and forgot that I had to go to church (I run the computer a couple sundays a month) so I didn't have time to workout this morning.

Breakfast: same

Lunch: leftover bacon guac burger with sweet potato fries

Dinner: Roasted chicken, acorn squash with ghee, and roasted brussels sprouts. Also made tostones to go with another meal and ate a few while I cooked.

Day11dnr_zps4d14a35d.jpg

Day 12: Did bodyweight workout this morning: squats, lunges, pushups, and a few kettlebell swings. Hit a new PR with pushups against my bathroom counter - 20 in one set! woot!

Changed it up just a LITTLE bit for breakfast today. I had extra leftover brussels sprouts and acorn squash from yesterday's dinner, so I had them with breakfast, plus my usual 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. Also had a little tea with coconut milk.

Day12bfast_zps22699c9e.jpg

Lunch was leftover chicken thigh with roasted brussels sprouts and mashed acorn squash, plus a LaCroix lemon soda water

Dinner: I ate an orange while driving home (had it already peeled and ready to go). Dinner was a chicken caesar salad with leftover chicken breast, HB egg, kalamata olives and bacon. The dressing is lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, anchovy fillets, and pepper (a little mustard is a great addition to the dressing, but I'm AIP and react to mustard)

Day12dnr_zpsd0ff1627.jpg

Day 13: Feeling a bit sick, so no working out today

Breakfast: Same as day 12

Lunch: Leftover salad with an orange and LaCrois lemon soda water

Dinner: Pressure cooker lamb shanks with cauliflower mash. I used this recipe and converted it to the pressure cooker https://thissydneylife.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/ridiculously-good-herbed-slow-cooked-lamb-shanks/

day13dnr_zps47b42701.jpg

Day 14: Still feeling sick

Breakfast: leftover lamb shanks and cauli mash plus sweet potato hashbrowns

Lunch: More leftover lamb shanks and cauli mash, an orange, and lacroix 

Dinner: Scallops with zoodles and bacon http://meatified.com/zucchini-noodles-scallops-bacon/

day14dnr_zps3eeeea5d.jpg