Mogget's First Challenge

Mogget

Introduction

Hi, I'm a elementary teacher in South Korea. It's pretty easy to sit at my desk and do nothing when I'm not teaching, though we do have a rock climbing wall and pool in our school that  I can use. I like to swim, rock climb, scuba, do spinning classes, and hike. I joined because I'm already planning on trying to lose some more weight to get closer to my long term goal at 160lbs. 

Main Quest

I want to reach 174lbs before the end of March, so my goal is to lose 15lbs on this challenge. It's a simple starter goal before I decide what hardcore stuff I want to work on later.

Quest 1: Cardio exercise at least 30 minutes 3x per week. This can be treadmill, elliptical trainer, spinning, or swimming. 60 minutes on one day does not mean that is 2 days of exercise. (24 workouts) 

Measurement: A = 18  B = 14   C = 12

Reward: A = +3 STA   B = +2 STA    C= +1 STA

Quest 2: No dairy, because I'm lactose intolerant and it messes with my digestion. (I don't count butter but then I don't eat it much anyway.) 

Measurement: A = 0 Servings   B = 1 serving   C= 2 servings

Reward: A = +3 CON   B = +2 CON   C = +1 CON

Quest 3: Weight train or body weight train at least 2x per week. This is to prime my muscles for later work. (12 times)

Measurement: A = 12   B = 9   C= 8

Reward: A = +3 STR   B = +2 STR   C = +1 STR

Life Goal: Self-study Korean 20 hours total. This does not include class time or listening to pod-casts. This is sitting down and studying either alone or with a friend. It's only a little over 3 hours per week.

Measurement: A = 20 hours   B = 16 hours   C= 14 hours

Reward: A = +3 WIS   B = +2 WIS   C = +1 WIS

Motivation: I might want to do a hiking trip sometime in the future and travelling in general is easier when you're fit. 

This first challenge might be a little hard for me since I'm going on vacation from Jan 7~13th buuuuut since I'm going to scuba and snorkel I should get a lot of swimming done   :rolleyes-new:

• Like 3

Hey Mogget

The school has a rock climbing wall? That is so cool!

It sounds as though you already like a lot of fitness activities and it's just getting the motivation/energy to go out and do them, am I correct?

How much Korean do you know already? I keep meaning to learn (and you've just reminded me to go add it to my list, thanks!)

Good luck with the challenge!

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Wahoo! Welcome! 

And I am so jealous of your rock-climbing wall. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Great motivation.  Good luck.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

For the korean studying, I'm making a point of posting a Korean blog (one or two sentences) each day, and correct an English post by someone else, on Lang-8. It's pretty awesome. I'm basically using it to practice the grammar that I learn. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

how'd your first week go?  I also just got back from vacation.

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Scouts to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

med_gallery_32856_1516_636688.png

Ye're off to a good start with yer sails full o' wind, but yer ship is sittin' a little high in the water. Let me get that for ye! If ye don't mind, I'll be fillin' yer hull with bounty plundered from the plentiful threads of Cheechoe.

game-of-thrones.gif

Keep going!

dog-doing-squats-with-owner.gif

You got this!

42.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Kudos! Mogget!

I hope you had a great vacation!!  I know snorkeling and scuba-diving can be a very fun way to get in a workout!!  Your rock climbing wall sounds like it could be fun!  

I'm a bit new here, myself!  I'm slowly working my way back up to a previously highly active lifestyle derailed by a chronic pain disorder.  The hardest part are taking the first few steps, so congrats galore for that major hurdle!!  I know you'll do great!!

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Hello! Let's look t how I did last week...I just got back from vacation abroad.

Quest 1: Cardio 3x/week 100% I walked in the airports with my backpack strapped on until my Fitbit buzzed and told me it was okay to sit down. I also walked at night around the island before going to bed and went snorkeling or scuba diving nearly every day...so I don't have exact times for all that but I certainly got a lot of cardio exercise going.

Quest 2: 100% You can't imagine the confusion on a person's face when you ask for a sandwich in the airport without cheese. Or ask for coffee with soy milk. Resisting seafood stone fire pizza was hard but I hard tuna steak instead (boo hoo).

Quest 3: 0% FAIL I didn't get around to doing ANY body weight training while on vacation. I had every intention of doing planks and squats but I didn't didn't make myself do it. Swimming and relaxing in beach-side restaurants with a book were just too tempting to keep doing to get myself to do anything harder. 

Life Goal: no progress. I didn't get to sit down and study any Korean while I was away, but I still have the rest of the challenge to get in my 20 independent hours. I know I can do it! 

@superbicycletony I listen to TalktomeinKorean.com too. Even when they talk about a grammar point I know I still listen to the episode to catch new stuff. It's pretty usefull.

• Like 1

Way to go!!  Awesome progress!!  Keep up the great work!

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride