⚡� Lightning Bug's 1st Challenge

Airlia

bummer. Went ice skating and thought of you, hoping I didn't fall, because I didn't watch to play injury twins with you ;) Hope it's not broken and you can soon return to your regular scheduled programming.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hey LightingBug! Sorry to hear about your wrist, I hope it isn't broken and gets better quickly! Awesome to see that you were able to modify your plans to accommodate what life is throwing at you. Keep up the good work and rock it in week 4!

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Thanks Elastigirl! I'm glad we aren't injury twins!

And Thanks Amdhiel! Can't believe it's week 4 already!!

I've been MIA a lot lately. My daughter and her boyfriend are staying with us for a few weeks. They came from New Orleans to Eastern Washington and are thinking of trying to head up to Alaska for the summer, so staying with us while the figure out what they are doing for sure. Anyhow, the extra people make it extra busy around here, but without the contact with all of you I feel like my motivation is faltering. I need to stay engaged in order to stay motivated. So going to work on that!!

My hand is feeling like it's healing really fast. I'm really only wearing the brace "as needed" for activities where I might damage it or make it more sore. I'm sure it's not broken, just really deeply bruised and sprained, but I'll still get the x-ray Wednesday just to be certain.

here's my battle log for the past few days:

-------------------------------------------------

Fri

Warm up: 2 min elliptical

Wall Push-ups.........................:..| 25, 25

Bodyweight Squats:...................| 25, 25

One Arm Rows (Right) 10#:......| 25, 25

One Arm Rows (Left) BW#:.......| 25, 25

Triceps Kickbacks (Right) 5#.....| 25, 25

Triceps Kickbacks (Left) BW#...| 25, 25

Forearm Planks:........................| 1'45", 1'30"

Notes: In a huge rush again today so just did 2x25 of everything - next week I'm going to try doing my strength on T, Th, and Sat and see how that works as M, W, F seem to often be the days I have appointments in the morning or have to get my girls to their offsite classes early. Hand seems to be healing - really hoping to be able to get back to real pushup and stuff next week or the week after.

Sat

25 min/250 cal

Week 4

Sun

Rest day

Mon

~30' elliptical/270 calories

Notes: As I mentioned last week, switching things up so I'm doing strength on T, Th, S this week and see how that works. Hand is feeling great.

• Like 1

Level: 3

Guild: Assassin

Race: Air Sprite

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 9 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - King Solomon

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Week 4 Mini-Challenge: Allocate challenge points

Okay... so there is a total of 15 challenge points to be allocated for the 6 week challenge. I determined in advance how I would allocate them as shown below, but I didn't really consider the problem of having to allocate 67% of the points when 50% of the time is complete.  Using the example provided by Blaidd where I figure out what percent of my challenge I've completed gives me a total of 11.3 points now with the remainder to be allocated at that end of the game. I could probably figure a formula that also takes into account that I still have 50% of the time remaining since I'm only supposed to allocate 10 points now, but that seems like it's making this too complicated considering I've already spent more than an hour doing it this way.  So this is how it worked out and I'm just going with it. 

1. Goal allocation (set at beginning of challenge):
Q1: Gain Strength/Muscle = 1 pt per strength workout | Score: >15 pts=STR3 DEX1 STA1 CHA1 | 10-14 pts=STR2 STA1 | <10 pts=fail )
Q2: Improve Endurance = 1 pt per 20+ min Cardio workout, Score: >15 pts=DEX2 STA2| 10-14 pts=STA 1 DEX 1 | <10 pts=fail
Q3: Healthy Diet = In range=2 pts/day | +/- 100=1 pt/day, Score: >60 pts =CON 2 CHA 1 | 42-60 pts=CON 1 CHA 1 | <42 pts=fail
LQ1: Health Check = WIS 1
LQ2: Meal Planning = WIS 1

2. Mid Challenge Summary:
Q1: Gain Strength/Muscle = 9/15 pts, 60% complete
Q2: Improve Endurance = 14/15 pts, 93% complete
Q3: Healthy Diet = 38/60 pts, 63% complete
LQ1: Health Check = 100% Complete
LQ2: Meal Planning = 100% Complete

3. Mid-Challenge allocation :

Q1: Gain Strength/Muscle = 60% | STR 1.8 DEX 0.6 STA 0.6 CHA 0.6
Q2: Improve Endurance = 93% | DEX 1.9 STA 1.9
Q3: Healthy Diet = 63% | CON 1.3 CHA 0.6
LQ1: Health Check = 100% | WIS 1
LQ2: Meal Planning = 100% | WIS 1

4. Signature update:
STR 1.8 | DEX 2.5 | STA 2.5 | CON 1.3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.2

• Like 1

The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - King Solomon

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Glad the hand is better. Great first half of challenge!

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Copied from battle log:

------------------------------

Tue

Warm up: 5 min elliptical

Wall Push-ups...............| 25, 25

Bodyweight Squats:.......| 25, 25

One Arm Rows 10#:......| 25, 25

Triceps 5#......................| 25, 25

Forearm Planks:............| 1'45", 1'30"

Notes: My hand is continuing to heal and feeling like I can do more. I tried an incline push-up and it still hurt too much, but I was able to use the weights in both hands for rows and triceps.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

From my battle log:

Thu

Warm up: forgot :(

incline Push-ups...............| 25
Wall Push-ups...............| 25
One Arm Rows 10#:......| 25, 25
Forearm Planks:............| 1', 1'

20 min elliptical/245 kcals

Notes: Feeling a bit off / lack of energy today so really kind of half-arsed the workout. Better than skipping it all together I guess, which is what I really wanted to do. I did manage inclines for my first set up push-ups. Was hard to find a position that didn't hurt too much, but I padded my hand well and was careful not to put weight on the part that is hurt. Didn't want to push my luck so did wall push-ups for the second set.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Some days are like that. I used to expect myself to be able to do 100% all the time, but that isn't really very practical.

• Like 1

Planned to do a strength workout Saturday but got caught up in family stuff and didn't have time.  Yesterday we watched the Super Bowl and ate too much.  I'm in Washington State, so...... sad about the outcome, but still a fan.  Hand is still too sore for floor push-ups so continuing to do first set as inclines and second set as wall pushups. 

From my battle log:

Week 5

Sun

Rest day (& super bowl watching, and too much food!)

Mon

incline Push-ups...............| 25

Wall Push-ups...............| 25

One Arm Rows 8#:......| 25, 25

Forearm Planks:............| 1', 1'

20 min elliptical/245 kcals

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Hi, glad you didn't have any broken bones and that your injury is healing.  Sorry about the superbowl, I was rooting for the Seahawks too :neglected:

I'll be sending you positive vibes for the last two weeks of this challenge, lets finish strong!!

Decided to step-up the workout a bit today. This is the first time I've tried floor push-ups since hurting my hand. It hurt a bit, but was tolerable. We'll see how it feels tomorrow! These aren't full floor push-ups yet - On the first set I did about 3.75 full push-ups, then did negatives for the rest - plank position on the way down, then on knees for pushing up.

Switched to deep squats/deep sumo squats using the bathroom counter for balance and a small bit of arm help on the way back up. Trying really hard to keep my knees lined up so I don't hurt them! Moved the weight up to 15# for the rows and still managed to do two sets of 8. And added side planks.

I'm still struggling with the mental conflict between wanting to increase muscle while still wanting the scale to go down another ~5 lbs. It feels like I have to pick one or the other, but I feel really impatient on both sides of that equation. I want to feel stronger but I also want the weight off and I want both right now. :) Ah well.... it'll take what it takes.

Workout details:

Tue
30 min elliptical/300 calories

Wed
Warm up: skipped it again

Negative floor push-ups...................| 8, 8
Assisted BW Deep Squats:............| 8
Assisted BW Deep Sumo squats...| 8
Rows 15#:......................................| 8, 8
Forearm Plank:...............................| 1'
Side planks.....................................| 30" each side

20 min elliptical/ 250 cals

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Tried to push harder on the elliptical workout today - managed 25% more calories in the same time period which is good, but I wasn't out of breath except in the middle / hardest portion of the track. I should consider moving up to a more difficult track. A part of me likes the fact that I can do this one without hardly breaking a sweat or being out of breath. Makes it easier to read my book while I do it. On the other hand, I'm not doing this just for relaxation. I want to improve and that means pushing. Followed my cardio with a 1 min plank, and also continuing to research ideas for the next challenge. I was looking at the differences between Pilates and Yoga. My daughter is a certified yoga instructor, but from a Christian/spiritual perspective and for other reasons I think I'd be more comfortable with Pilates. I also really like the progressions at startbodyweight.com. So many fun things to try! The last post in my Battle Log has all my notes and ideas about what I might do for the next challenge. Take a look if you're interested.

------Today's workout-----------

Thu
20 min elliptical / 275 calories
1 min forearm plank
And as always - try to get at least 7K steps (range is typically 600 to 14K)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Yay for inverted rows. We're almost done with the challenge, and you are rockin' it!

• Like 1

From my battle log:

Warm up: 2 min elliptical

Warrior III pose, 30-40 seconds per side
Hamstring stretches
Push-ups-negatives......:..| 8, 8 w/shoulder stretches between sets
Deep Squats:...................| 8
Deep Sumo Squats.........| 8
Inverted Rows:................| 8, 10, 10 (last two sets at less angle/easier pull)
Forearm Plank:...............| 1'
Side Planks.....................| ~40" per side
~20 min elliptical - total 290 cals for the day
Hamstring stretches

Notes: I discovered while doing Warrior III pose that my hamstrings are very tight. To do that pose well I need to do more stretching. So I may try some GTG style work on deep squats and/or hamstring stretches throughout the day.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Did a few sets of squats and hamstring stretches throughout the day yesterday and doing the same today.

From my Battle Log:

Sat

elliptical ~30 min/375 cals

Deep squats & deep sumo squats GTG - 5, 5...

Hamstring stretches (After each set of squats)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

Looking good!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I'm doing my deep squats/deep sumo squats without holding anything for balance or assistance now - all the way down, all the way back up, all on my own and not even falling over. :)

I was really impressed with myself until I said something to my hubby about it and he was like, "you couldn't do that before?!" then he saw the insulted look on my face and backpedalled, "wow hon, that's great, you've obviously made a lot of improvement". At least he tried to make me feel better - hahaha. I also asked my 13 yr old twin girls (both tall, slim, and fit) if they could do it. One could do it easily. The other had trouble at first, but got it after a few tries. So, not so impressive. But still. I couldn't do it before. I can do it now. That's good!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

I'm doing my deep squats/deep sumo squats without holding anything for balance or assistance now - all the way down, all the way back up, all on my own and not even falling over. :)

I was really impressed with myself until I said something to my hubby about it and he was like, "you couldn't do that before?!" then he saw the insulted look on my face and backpedalled, "wow hon, that's great, you've obviously made a lot of improvement". At least he tried to make me feel better - hahaha. I also asked my 13 yr old twin girls (both tall, slim, and fit) if they could do it. One could do it easily. The other had trouble at first, but got it after a few tries. So, not so impressive. But still. I couldn't do it before. I can do it now. That's good!

I think it is impressive! There are a lot of people who are unable to do it.