QengpuBenal Begins Her Training

QengpuBenal

Revamped Challenge in the Comments Below!!

2015 Challenge 1: Mission Briefing

Goal 1: An agent cannot succeed without prepaing her body to be able to react appropriately in any situation. Begin this preparation by doing a workout 6 days a week. The preferred schedule is alternating 40+ minute walks with my 30+ minute workout DVD. +3 Stamina, +2 Strength

34-36: A

30-34: B

25-30: C

20-24: D

<20: F 2 completed

Goal 2: An agent must know what resources are available to help her in her training. Find, visit, and price the gyms and classes available in the town I live in. The goal is to find 30 new places/classes. Once I run out of stuff in town I can look closer to where I work. +3 Wisdom

27-30: A

22-26: B

18-21: C

14-17: D

<14: F

Goal 3: An agent needs to provide her body with quality fuel. In addition, my family is transitioning to a gluten-free, casein-free diet (thanks to food allergies, ADHD, and ASD)! Lunch can be particularly tricky since it is often eaten away from the base of operations. Lunch must be healthy, yet it should also be filling. No cookies, chips, crackers, or sweets are allowed. Salads, meats, sweet potatoes, veggies, fruits, etc... are permissible energy sources. Water may be drunk. +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution

38-42: A

32-38: B

25-31: C

19-24: D

<19: F 3 completed

Life Goal: Spend 10 minutes every day working on my novel. +3 Charisma

400-420: A

350-390: B

300-340: C

250-290: D

<250: F 30 minutes completed

Notes: Yay! 2015! And, I'm starting off the year having already lost weight from the last 2014 challenge I completed! 

I will be keeping a food journal and an exercise journal throughout the year. If anyone is interested, they can both be found on my Epic Quest website (http://teffiesepicquest.weebly.com/).

• Like 2

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Great to see you back and even better to hear you made progress on your weight loss.

Thanks! Yeah, for some unknown reason, sweets (especially baked goods) just weren't as appetizing as usual. Even though my mom had tons of stuff around every time we went over there, usually I would eat one cookie and then be done. Sometimes I wouldn't eat any of it. I think that really helped!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Weight loss, ftw! I too made some great strides with weight loss and am looking to move toward a new world order. My own! Whole® foods for one. But the idea of feeling better about what I put in my body is the real motivation. I can run better, lift heavier, and smile more when my energy source is efficient and tasty.

You have a really nice set up here. Oh, and write... a lot! lol

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Weight loss, ftw! I too made some great strides with weight loss and am looking to move toward a new world order. My own! Whole® foods for one. But the idea of feeling better about what I put in my body is the real motivation. I can run better, lift heavier, and smile more when my energy source is efficient and tasty.

You have a really nice set up here. Oh, and write... a lot! lol

Yay for weight loss! 

Day 1 Check In:

Goal 1: 40 minute walk

Goal 2: No progress - Today was the first day back to work after Christmas break. This whole week is going to be very work focused because of the break.

Goal 3: apple salad, baked chicken slices, 2 deviled eggs, and water for lunch

Life Goal: 10 minutes of editing work completed. 

• Like 1

Battle Log

Day 2 Check In:

Goal 1: no workout

Goal 2: No progress

Goal 3: chicken and orange pepper lettuce wraps, apple salad, 1 deviled egg, water

Life Goal: edited for 10 minutes

Day 3 Check In: 

Goal 1: 30 minute - 30-Day Shred DVD

Goal 2: no progress

Goal 3: chicken salad, an apple, grapes, water

Life Goal: edited for 10 minutes

• Like 2

Battle Log

Argh! This whole challenge has fallen apart! A big problem I've been having is finding the time to do anything! My lack of established routines is making it hard to find the time to exercise. I've been eating healthy lunches almost every day (including most of the time on the weekends). Everything else has suffered severely, though. I hate to just give up and wait for the next challenge, though. Instead, I am dratically revamping my challenge goals and making them worth half the points they would have been worth if I had done them for the whole challenge. 

2015 Challenge 1: Mission Briefing

Goal 1: An agent cannot succeed without prepaing her body to be able to react appropriately in any situation. Begin this preparation by walking at least 10,000 steps a day (as tracked by my fancy-schmancy pedometer I was given for Christmas). +1.5 Stamina, +1 Strength

25-28 days: A

20-24 days: B

15-19 days: C

10-14 days: D

<10 days: F 

Goal 2: An agent must have solid routines in place to help manage her time. Without solid routines, things like exercise become much more difficult. Therefore, I will establish both a morning and an evening routine and follow them faithfully. +1.5 Wisdom

50-56 routines: A

45-49 routines: B

35-44 routines: C

25-34 routines: D

<24 routines: F

Goal 3: An agent needs to provide her body with quality fuel. In addition, my family is transitioning to a gluten-free, casein-free diet (thanks to food allergies, ADHD, and ASD)! Lunch can be particularly tricky since it is often eaten away from the base of operations. Lunch must be healthy, yet it should also be filling. Salads, meats, sweet potatoes, veggies, fruits, etc... are permissible energy sources. Small amounts of GFCF treats are permissible. Denying myself all treats is a good wat to ensure binging. Water may be drunk. +1 Wisdom, +1 Constitution

25-28 days: A

20-24 days: B

15-19 days: C

10-14 days: D

<10 days: F 

Life Goal: Spend 10 minutes every day working on my novel. (Completion of the entire editing of this draft results in an A regardless of the days/minutes spent on editing. My concern is less establishing a habit, and more finishing this edit.) +1.5 Charisma

250-280 minutes: A

200-240 minutes: B

150-190 minutes: C

100-140 minutes: D

<100: F 

• Like 1

Battle Log

Okay, the first step back on the right path is establishing those routines.

Morning Routine

Shower/Get Dressed

Start a Load of Laundry

Eat Breakfast

Brush Teeth

Wash/Moisturise Face

Fix Hair

Makeup

Jewellery

Pack Lunches for Me and the Kids

Make Bed

Unload Dishwasher

Tidy the House

Dust the House

Swish & Swipe the Bathroom

Vacuum the Living Room

Make Coffee

Switch Laundry to Dryer

Wake Up the Oldest Munchkin

Evening Routine

Cook Dinner

Clean the Kitchen

Finish Getting 10,000 Steps

Tidy the House

Make Sure Munchkins' Homework is Done

Sweep/Mop

Vacuum

Fold Laundry

Read Story to Kids

Prep Lunch for Tomorrow

Edit Novel

Set Up Coffee

Pajamas

Brush Teeth

Wash Face

Brush Hair

Lay Out Tomorrow's Clothes, Makeup, Jewellery, Shoes, & Purse

Battle Log

Ugh! I honestly think this commute is going to be my undoing! I have not been doing well, at all! I also am very rule-oriented. So, if I don't follow my routine exactly (like, skipping makeup or not having time to dust the whole house) I feel like I can't count it as a win. Normally, this is the point where I would give up and just wait for the next challenge to start. However, we have 2 weeks left, and this is a new year! 

I will continue to try and get 10,000 steps a day.

I will continue to eat healthy lunches.

I will continue to try and edit 10 minutes a day.

I will continue to follow my routines.

I am revamping my routines to allow for the fact that my energy levels and committments both at home and at work fluctuate wildly!

Morning Routine

Eat breakfast.

Get my body ready to leave.

Tidy the house.

Start a load of laundry.

Start dinner.

Make coffee.

Wake up Tiana.

Evening Routine

Eat dinner.

Tidy the house.

Finish the load of laundry.

Spend time with each of my kids.

Prep body stuff for tomorrow.

Make lunches for tomorrow.

Set up coffee pot.

Read the kids a bedtime story.

I am hoping that the vagueness of some of these items will be helpful. So, getting my body ready to leave can include getting dressed, fixing my hair, brushing my teeth, taking a shower, putting on makeup, putting on jewellery, etc... However, if I skip something it is okay, and I can still feel like I completed that item.

Battle Log

I love that you're not giving in. Awesome strength there.

I think your routines look good.

The only thing I would veer away from is the word, try. You will continue to _____________. Helps with the feeling of overwhelmness. These are the things that have to be done. There is no bargaining with these goals. A thought.

Yay for stickin' it out!!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Ugh! I decided to not stress about the steps and the eating today. I knew I was going to a Superbowl party, and I didn't want to worry over every thing I ate or stress about how long the game was taking. Now, I've gotta pull myself back together. It's going to be tough. Not only did the 'Hawks lose, but they lost because of the sheer idiocy of the offensive coordinator (I think that's what they call him). Who in the ever loving hell decides to throw a pass that close to the end zone when it's not the last down, and when they have Marshawn Lynch (aka Mac Truck) to blast through the line for the touchdown!?! I don't blame my guys for today's loss. I blame exceptionally crappy coaching. The guy who called that play had better get fired. 

Ok. I've ranted. Now, it's time to take a deep breath and get back to the rest of my life!

• Like 1

Battle Log