Weight Loss Squad

Philociraptor

With the long weekend, I was able to get in more regular exercise than usual - boredom has its advantages when you have a nice gym in the apartment complex. With the exception of some rice (hey, better than sodium-soaked stuffing!) I stuck to the diet as well over Thanksgiving. So this morning's weigh-in came and I expected some horrible backsliding...

WEIGHT: 228.4 lbs.

Holy cow, we've passed the 10 pounds mark! Now I just need to keep this up. Talk about snatching motivation from the jaws of seemingly-imminent disappointment!

Nice! I also add rice to my meals now and then without feeling bad about it. In my book it's pretty much neutral - it doesn't really have any positives like veggies, but it's a cheap filler and doesn't seem to do any damage either (at least to my iron stomach, your milage may vary).

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog

Last week was pretty much a wash for me (no change as far as I can tell). Watched the diet (even through Thanksgiving) but didn't get in any exercise except for Black Friday shopping :-). This week isn't looking much better because the only way I can exercise is with my kids (one of who's bikes needs to be repaired) or after they are in bed and I have so much to do after they are in bed right now that I just don't think it's going to happen.

I can tell now what I've failed during this challenge. But it is more difficult to tell what I've accomplishment which is sad. On the update:

Don't crave bread as much as I used to right after my race. Bought emersion blender on Black Friday - very nice gadget. Green soup (kale, spinach, any other green vegetable, and goat cheese - blend it all well - yummy!:)) or pumpkin soup (I'm pumpkin fan!:)). Also, I can blend bananas with almost any frozen fruit (tried blueberries and peaches) for an amazing treat.

But I keep sneaking in scones, cookies, and other really not so good for you snacks in the middle of the day. I might be not planning on enough snacks.

Exercise: switched to cross-training. Basically, I'm in pain from head to toe. I didn't realize that since I have not done push-ups for awhile, they will be so difficult to do. Weight stuck. 5 pounds which I gained right after 1/2 marathon don't go away anywhere. But any gain after Thanksgiving is gone.

Here's my challenge summary: Overall, I'm generally satisfied with this challenge, mostly because I managed to still do decently despite a week in different countries. My biggest failure was thinking I could learn a new programming language and redesign three websites while working full-time and traveling, and that didn't happen at all. It was great to get away while still working, and reading two books in one week, all while I was traveling, reminded me that I need to do that more often.

Fitness-wise, I'm a bit frustrated at the rate that my body fat % is decreasing - i.e., barely at all, it seems. My goal was to hit 24%, but I only went from 26.14% to 25.64%. I have no idea what a normal rate is, but I would think that with lifting heavy things twice a week and kung fu-ing 2-3 times per week while generally eating good, real food (and cutting out the beer a lot this month) would have had more of an effect, especially since I lost about a kilo and a half (3.3 lbs), but I was going for fat loss, not really weight loss since my weight is a perfectly comfortable 60 kg (132 lbs).

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines