habitrpg setup for the 6 week challenge

I intend on using habitrpg.com for keeping me accountable through my 6 week challenge (if you don't know what habitrpg.com is, it is a webapp that turns your to-do list into an rpg game for easy habit building... it is awesome, go check it out).

Even though this is my first challenge, I thought my setup could be useful to someone else, so this is what I did:

First I created some to-do items: the very first one was to so that I could get some exp after the habitrpg setup was done (i'm keeping myself motivated on all stages of this challenge).

post-33838-0-72239200-1420196243_thumb.p

Then another one to make sure I read all the important info before the challenge started.

Another one with a checklist that included all the steps to signing up (choosing your main quest, 3 goals, creating a thread in the forum, etc).

Finally, one to-do item for each week to be checked off after the week is done IF I feel like I did OK through the week. Otherwise, I'll just delete the item so I don't get exp/money.

TIP: Enter these from week 6 to week 1, so you don't have to rearrange them afterwards to placate your OCD impulses...

Each week will give me more exp, not only because of the aging of the task, but also because the first two weeks are setup as easy tasks, the week 3 and 4 are medium, and the 5 and 6 are difficult. This should keep me motivated a little more.

Finally I created the rest of my tasks trying to figure out if I could schedule them or not...

post-33838-0-23199600-1420196250_thumb.p

e.g. the workouts I could schedule, so I created them as dailies with a repeat schedule. The diet is trickier, because I don't know if I'll eat 3 times a day or 4 or 5. So I instead created a habit called "eat paleo" that I can click + for each paleo meal I eat or - for each time I fall of the wagon (snacks included). Bonus points if I cook (habit with only +, no penalty if I didn't cook the meal), and I also wanted a way to deal with the days where I skip breakfast (which I sometimes do). Since skipping breakfast is something that is considered ok from time to time in the primal world (intermitent fasting), and because skipping breakfast is not breaking my eat paleo conduct, I considered it a + habit.

That is pretty much it. Hope this is useful and if you use habitrpg and think I could've set up this differently in a more efficient way, please do tell: leave a comment

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

2 challenges and even a party formed out of it on this one! I'm still loving it. So far is the best to-do list manager I've used... not because it's perfect feature wise, but because the game aspect makes me actually use it!

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft