MINIS (Please Follow)

Teros

Week 2 Mini!

Alright, well, it just so happens that I came across this beauty last night! So, I'm applying it to my closet. Also, I'm moving in about a month, so a lot of things are getting cleaned out and donated/sold/thrown away. I haven't started on the closet yet, but that's on the list. So far done is the bookshelf, the desk, and half of a table. All that either packed or sold. Using old magazines as paper padding in the boxes. Works just as well as newspaper.

I'm clearing out my closet of anything that I haven't worn in the past year. Which is a lot. There's always that pair of pants that I always said I would wear, but never had the "right time," or the pants I swear "I'll fit into someday." While I probably will fit into them, I don't need to be carrying around that baggage with me. 

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

What a great mini! I'm in a hotel for this week so this might be difficult, I'll try to get it done Saturday/Sunday when I get home. Still pretty conflicted about which room to work on. Maybe I'll make it a personal mini and choose one room each week until they all have had a good deep clean!

Hmmmm, I have just the project for the Week 2 Mini. I'm a leather crafter and I have a plastic storage bin in a closet (you know, the kind with pull out drawers in it), that I want to clear out and use to store some of my leather supplies. I've been thinking of it for a few weeks. Time to make it happen!

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

No! I don't want to clean. This will be a difficult mini for me. 

Although I clean most of the house the only thing left unclean is my closet.

I have no idea what might be in there.

Probably a lot of nostalgia. 

What if all the boxes and stuff I have in there fall on me?

38848-The-Feels-gif-UHzu.gif

• Like 1

Did I ever need this Mini this week! My home office is starting to look like a bomb went off. Musical instruments, sound gear, costume pieces, work stuff all over the desk... I need to get some things under control here. If it wouldn't ruin the carpet, I'd be looking to divert a river through the house kinda like Hercules did to clean the stables.

IronChefEd
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer | Subclass: Bard

[Level: 6 | STR: 33.7 | DEX: 7.7 | STA: 27.3 | CON: 27.9 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 15.5 ]

Current Challenge: 2016 is here!

24%
24%
Weight Loss Goal: 250 to 200

"No one will feed you as well as someone who loves you." -Alton Brown

Finished Week 1 challenge, and I know exactly where I want to clean for Week 2's..... Organize my books and pharmacy notes x_x

Level 66. Adventure Knight. 

str 127.3 dex 118.3 sta 128.7 con 129.2 wis 146.5 cha 135.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

Oh holy hell, you're actually going to make me work for that wisdom...

But first a bit of catch up.

S.M.A.R.T. Goals: Yep, got them. Got a way of measuring them and planning and reviewing them as we go through the challenge and figuring out appropriate stat attribution along the way since my first time around didn't even come close to how things ended.

Back to this... Well, given that my cats are actively avoiding my desk since there's nowhere to walk or lay down, I guess I should get on that. I'd intended to tackle this one during the previous challenge, but my wife way-laid me with a honey-do list that led to decorating the living room, dining room, and entry way with holiday decorations. Speaking of which... I should get those down at some point...

ok, either the desk in my office or the holiday decorations... Either way, something will be cleaned up and squared away for this challenge... I hope.

Level 5 Lycan Adventurer | Male, Age: 41 | STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 CON 8 WIS 14 CHA 10

Nerd Fitness Challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #5(redux)

Accountabilibuddies Groups:

Previous Accountabilibuddies Groups: The Wild Hunt, The Wild Hunt Rides Again,The Wild HuntThe Wild Hunt

TwinBear's Weight Loss : Starting Weight (235lbs), Current weight (200lbs), Goal weight (195lbs)

87.5%
87.5%

New Year's Purging

Plenty of people consider this to be time for out with the old, in with the new.  Well, one of the ways to go about doing that is with cleaning/organizing a place that you have neglected.  Another way is to give a common room the upper class treatment.  Make a place 'good as new'.  Maybe there have been a big stack of papers that you've put off dealing with, or perhaps there's a closet that you know is a disaster.  It could be that the dining room floor looks dingy but kept putting it off. Perhaps your interrogation room where you 'rough up' criminal scum could use a nice mopping up.

Whatever it may be, there's plenty of little projects that could be picked up to work on this week. 

For me, the hallway is starting to look dark because of all the recent snow tracking in some mud.  Also the stairs have an abnormal amount of pet hair so that will be dealt with.

For dust-busting, you earn +1 Wisdom

GREEEAAAATTT MINI!

Level 16 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18 (current)

The week 2 mini is one of the themes of my current challenge.  The big thing I tackled yesterday on my day off was re-organizing my 5'X10' storage shed.  I bought a few plastic bins on sale at home depot and condensed Christmas Decorations, baby clothes, and toys into more manageable containers.

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

Week 1 Mini - I’m not big on New Year’s Resolutions, but I was inspired to start the Nerd Fitness Challenges in general. Sticking with it for the year sounds like an admirable goal, so I’ll go with that! Successful 6 week challenges all year long! Time to get leveling!

As far as S.M.A.R.T. goals in my first challenge, I think I did a good job.

+1 Wisdom

Week 2 Mini – I like this challenge, I have decided on a room, my basement office. There’s probably a good 4 hours required, but over the past year this effort has never been applied, and I spend most of my free time there. Kinda pathetic to think about…so let’s do it!

• Like 2

Kenneth, Dúnedain Adventurer
Level 1
STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 1
Time is gonna take so much away, but there's a way that you can offer time a trade.
Current Challenge | Fitocracy

Shamelessly yoinked from the Minimalism thread over in the pub: UnfuckYourHabitat. Good advice for cleaning, but also good motivation seeing other peoples' work. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

New Year's Purging

Plenty of people consider this to be time for out with the old, in with the new.  Well, one of the ways to go about doing that is with cleaning/organizing a place that you have neglected.  Another way is to give a common room the upper class treatment.  Make a place 'good as new'.  Maybe there have been a big stack of papers that you've put off dealing with, or perhaps there's a closet that you know is a disaster.  It could be that the dining room floor looks dingy but kept putting it off. Perhaps your interrogation room where you 'rough up' criminal scum could use a nice mopping up.

ss_ba6f878a4868674587fcb0888c1dde6443a10

Whatever it may be, there's plenty of little projects that could be picked up to work on this week. 

For me, the hallway is starting to look dark because of all the recent snow tracking in some mud.  Also the stairs have an abnormal amount of pet hair so that will be dealt with.

For dust-busting, you earn +1 Wisdom

Easy. I purged my office. It's no secret that I am unhappy at work. For the past four years I've been looking for a new job. I've gone on interviews but never made it. This year, I decided to remind myself that I have to keep actively looking for a job. So the first thing I did was clear out my office of all personal items. I figured why try and make a place my home when I don't want to be here. 

• Like 3

Level 7 Hobbit Scout
STR: 9.2 | DEX: 7.2 | CON: 14 | STA: 15.15 | WIS: 16.7 | CHA: 12.7

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk
My Bio My Blog Current Challenge

Okay, so I'm new to these mini's but I'm game to try.

Week 1 - Mini accomplished:  I didn't make any NYR but decided to go with mini-goals instead and they are definitely SMART.

Week 2 - Mini partially accomplished - I filed away a whole basket of paperwork (probably about 8 months worth) in preparation for getting our tax stuff done. I will also committ to putting away all the stuff that is laying around on our front porch.

If I do that do I get +1 Wisdom?

• Like 4

Class/Profession: Hobbit/Ranger - Level 4

Current Attributes: STR: 2, DEX: 3.5, STA: 8.5, CON: 8.5, WIS: 11.5, CHA: 4

Habits I'm Working On: #1, #2

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3.1(fail), #3.2

Quote: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

I'm done! I know it's early in the week, but I spend most of yesterday afternoon and today cleaning my room. It's finally clean, smells nice and I can feel the air move again (the room feels lighter). I'm not sure how to put pictures from my laptop into my post, but I'll try to figure it out :)

• Like 3

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Mini 1: I think my goals are definitely SMART. They are clear and achievable. I don't do New Years resolutions. +1 WIS

Mini 2: I did this one party last night, but I need to finish over the weekend. I just moved so I decided to tackle my bedroom which was basically a disaster area. I have got all the tidying and organizing down, but I need to do a good sweep and mop. I'm also hoping to put up my posters so I will do that as part of my challenge. Hopefully I can mark this down as completed on Saturday!

• Like 1

~ Level 1 Human Aspiring Assassin ~
STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0 | STA: 0 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

All sins cast long shadows
First Challenge | deviantART

Fitness Level 6 [novice] >> 60 minutes to >> Level 7 [rookie]

50%
50%

Guitar Goddess Level 1 [like a virgin] >> 5 minutes to >> Level 2 [touched for the very first time]

0%
0%

Week 2 mini challenge complete (as long as cleaning and organizing my desk at work counts). Things that need to be copied are in a nice neat labelled pile. Graded student work that needs to be passed back is in a neat pile to be passed back tomorrow. Tests are all graded and piled,just waiting on the ones that were absent to come make theirs up. All the other stuff either got thrown out or filed. Cool cool cool. The end of the quarter looks less messy and busy.

• Like 1

The week 2 mini is perfect for me, I've been meaning to clear out a bunch of junk from our basement so I can put in a sewing table/work area.  I rearranged and cleaned on Wednesday, can't wait to get my table in there!

Level 0 Human Adventurer
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Where should I go?" -Alice. "That depends on where you want to end up." - The Cheshire Cat.
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Week 2 mini challenge complete (as long as cleaning and organizing my desk at work counts). Things that need to be copied are in a nice neat labelled pile. Graded student work that needs to be passed back is in a neat pile to be passed back tomorrow. Tests are all graded and piled,just waiting on the ones that were absent to come make theirs up. All the other stuff either got thrown out or filed. Cool cool cool. The end of the quarter looks less messy and busy.

Hypotheticalfox,

Cleaning and organizing your desk definitely counts! I teach at a community college and when I come back to my office from class I just tend to throw the stuff on my desk. That makes for a very disorganized desk! Keeping all those assignments in neat piles is a task for sure! Glad your desk is all nice and tidy!!!

Quote: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

Week 1: Finish paying off debts. (Stocks dent loan excepted, but monthly payments are coming my way as I finish up school this term).

Financial freedom is my New Year's Resolution, a continuation of the work I've been doing on this front. But the truth is that I haven't been as diligent in the last few months about this, and I need to reclaim it.

Plan:

Identify debts

Make a budget

Allocate a budget line item for debt payments

Assign a date to one off debt payments

Arrange payment plan for larger debts

Done!

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Week 2

Oi. The past two weeks the house clutter has built up all over the place.

Last night I put away a bunch of stuff in the kitchen/dining area.

Today is going to be focused on the living room clutter and weekly serious scrubbing of kitchen and bathrooms.

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Week 2: Finally dealt with that magazine file I just shove all my important documents into. Found my stopwatch. Found a packet of wall plugs. Found a silva compass, a map of Edinburgh, and directions for hiking to North Berwick. It's been a good day.

• Like 2

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I'm feeling very accomplished. I had a few things I wanted to clean out or clean up but just kept putting them off. Today I cleaned out and organized my freezer. I now have a menu for the next three weeks and don't have to buy any meat! Then I cleaned out my refriegrator including wiping down all the shelves. It's so nice to open up the door and see a sparkling clean interior. Finally, I cleaned up the front porch, putting away the last few ods and ends of Christmas stuff that made there way out there!

It's amazing the little things like a mini-challenge that will get us to do something we've been putting off!

I didn't complete the first mini but my second ties into my new years resolution. Basically, I resolved to update my wardrobe. To not hold onto pieces just because of how much I spent or whatever nostalgia I feel towards it. I resolved to stop limiting my style for fear of becoming too "girly" and to stop caring what other people think about my looks, and instead to wear what makes me happy. So for the second mini I went through all of my clothes and threw out what I really don't wear, and was brutally honest with myself about it. Very eye opening! I actually loved this mini though and have written out each room in my apartment so I'm going to take a week for each and give it a good ole deep clean. Next week is my hall closet!

• Like 2