hurley8604 - getting back to basics

Ketchup broth? Yuk. Yea, stick with the black bean.

I really didn't need to worry about being low. I was full after dinner. I did  have one small spoonful of peanut butter before going to bed, just to feel about about the protein and calories. Plus, peanut butter.

I was telling a co-worker at lunch yesterday about the calories and she turns to me all serious as says "well, you are trying to lose weight. You're suppose to eat around 1200 calories a day if you want to lose weight." *sigh* One thing I've learned from Nerd Fitness, this is not true. I just said "No, you just need to eat at a deficit. A good one is 500 calories." Yes, on a day I don't work out my deficit might have me eating at 1200, but that doesn't mean that is the end all number for losing weight. She just rolled her eyes like I was crazy and went back to her salad and book.

The creature report wasn't that bad. Though, I can see on the 50th or 100th go around it might get annoying.

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

And even though I know he's not reading this. I just want to tell my doctor to suck it when it comes to Atkins. It was ranked one of the worst diets. Ha! No here's hoping that my thyroid test goes the way I want next week... I'd so love to watch him eat crow.

*reads post*

Apparently I'm in a mood today.

• Like 2

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I like your moods! everytime someone says "suck it!" I giggle like a little girl.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I really picked that up from watching Psych. Loved that show, miss it already. Whenever I say "suck it" it's always with Shawn's (sometimes Gus') voice in my head.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I realized as I was falling asleep last night I forgot to do my report for the day.

Track food: check

Calories:1463 (in range)

Carbs: 181 (in range)

Fat: 56 (in range)

Protein: 67 (in range)

Fiber: 17 (under by 8)

Chai/Pepsi: Neither of both. But did have a hot chocolate. Hey, it was -20F (with windchill), I think it was deserved :)

Moisturize: Check!

I should have run my humidifier last night. I woke up around 3 with a sinus headache and for the next 4 hours kept on waking up about every 50 minutes. I thought it was going to turn into the wicked bad one i had a couple weeks ago. I really didn't want to wake up crying in pain. I skipped the gym this morning. But I plan on going tomorrow after chiro if my house viewing isn't scheduled for then.Still waiting to hear back from my realtors assistant...

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

But did have a hot chocolate. Hey, it was -20F (with windchill), I think it was deserved :)

Being European I have no idea about fahrenheit but I hope thats a typo - -20f?! that's almost -29c! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Nope, not a typo. You are correct, it was almost -29C (just checked the conversion). Only reason I'm not a popsicle is because I used my remote starter on my car before and after work, and had it running for a good 5-10 minutes before I even left the house/office. Yea, waste of gas but my car was warm when I got in. I think I was also wearing 3 layers. It's a nice warm 35F today. Wore 3 layers again and I feel like I might have heatstroke, lol. But this stupid corner in this office gets so cold, I'll most likely need the layers in about an hour anyway.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I live just south of Boston. But no, it doesn't normally get this low. I think they said it was the first time in 6 years it's been this cold.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Yup! I believe that hit today. The high today is only going to be 18F. Packing up and moving to either Hawaii or Nevada sounds really good at the moment.

Report from yesterday:

Chai/Pepsi: Had my third chai for the week. So no more for me. No pepsi even though I really could have used a rum and coke last night with dinner. Work hasn't been great for me all week. I've been scolded and chastised almost every single day. One thing was totally my fault and I lost sleep over it, but the other was just a case of people not thinking and finding it easier to pass the blame. Ugh. I'm so done with that place.

Moisturize: No, but only because it was done the night before.

Even though I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I found a way to get some extra steps in. We got a very, very light snow yesterday. My parents were going home from spending the week in San Diego. I looked at the driveway and said "Damned if I do, damned if I don't when it comes to clearing that dusting". So, I went with the "damned if I do" route, took a broom and literally swept the snow off the driveway. Couldn't count it as actual exercise, but I was moving!

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I don't know, but it's getting very frustrating. My manager was like "since they couldn't find it on your desk, where would they have found it?" My reply, "On the server." She just had a look of shock like it never occurred to any of them. Um...isn't the rule put everything on the server so if the physical paperwork can't be found it can be found somewhere? *checks notes from orientation 6 years ago* Yup, that's the rule. Anyway, rant over before I just go on an on.

Yesterday was a good and bad day. I didn't track everything, but I think I've hit my 5 days anyway.

I didn't moisturize, but I also did pretty much nothing all day so I didn't bother taking a shower. I never made it to the gym. I ended up at Bank of America to dispute some charges on my credit card. An events group that I've been a member of for 4-5 years took money for a trip, used the money for something else, canceled the trip (well, the travel agency canceled because they weren't getting paid) and then the office that was handling the trip closed it's doors before giving the money back. So now, I'm trying to get the money back from corporate before they close.

I was bad when it came to pepsi. I started good. Poured 8oz from a 16oz bottle into a glass at lunch and drank that. Then went over to a very close friends of the family for dinner and a game last night. Instead of going for the water, I grabbed another 16oz bottle of pepsi and drank the entire thing over the course of the night. After I opened it and started drinking did I realize what I'd done. So, I'm going to ignore the half bottle in the refrigerator today, save that for next weekend.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Went MIA for a few days. But I'm back.

Sunday:

Sunday was alright. Didn't track food, but it was still a good day calorie and other stuff wise. I avoided all pepsi and chai, even though I really wanted both. And it was moisturize day. I decided to do it Sunday night before swimming on Monday to see how my skin felt after being in the pool.

Week 1 Recap:

Track Food 5x: A

Chai 3x: A

16 oz of Pepsi: D (not completely failing myself because I had 8oz less than I've been normally having)

Moisturize after every every other shower: A. Because a lot of my showers are so close together, I'm revising my goal to every other shower.

Week 2!

Yesterday:

I didn't track food yesterday. I ended up having hot pockets for dinner. Shame on me. I need a better fall back for when my mom doesn't cook and no leftovers.

I have a cup of chai, really more out of habit than needing the caffeine.

I decided I like moisturizing the night before swimming. I felt like I could feel the water being repelled off my skin instead of being sucked in and drying it out.

I did drop back down to 600 yards in swimming. When I was leaving I felt like I couldn't do 700 yesterday, but I still aimed for it. However, when I finished with 600 and looked at the clock, I realized I couldn't get in another 100 and be under or at half an hour. Yes, I could have stayed, but I could feel myself starting to really lose form. I also got hit by resolutioners yesterday. Up until this point it's been me and one or two other guys in the pool in the morning, and they usually leave within 10 minutes of me starting. I walked in yesterday and there were 4 people already swimming. The pool can only fit 4 comfortably. You can fit 3 people on one side, but it's really tight. So I told myself if no one gets out in the next 5 minutes I'm leaving. I didn't pack anything other than my swim suit, so I couldn't even do a different workout. Lucky for me, I noticed a couple people checking the clock, and one guy got out right before my 5 minute rule was up.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I did drop back down to 600 yards in swimming. When I was leaving I felt like I couldn't do 700 yesterday, but I still aimed for it. However, when I finished with 600 and looked at the clock, I realized I couldn't get in another 100 and be under or at half an hour. Yes, I could have stayed, but I could feel myself starting to really lose form. I also got hit by resolutioners yesterday. Up until this point it's been me and one or two other guys in the pool in the morning, and they usually leave within 10 minutes of me starting. I walked in yesterday and there were 4 people already swimming. The pool can only fit 4 comfortably. You can fit 3 people on one side, but it's really tight. So I told myself if no one gets out in the next 5 minutes I'm leaving. I didn't pack anything other than my swim suit, so I couldn't even do a different workout. Lucky for me, I noticed a couple people checking the clock, and one guy got out right before my 5 minute rule was up.

Yeah I used to have this problem when I was swimming a lot. Had to share a lane quite a few times. Really annoying!

• Like 1

P.S. For emergency, try this recipe - make them in cupcake tins.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/11/sausage-spinach-feta-frittata-low-carb-gluten-free.html

I'm going to add this to my cook book in the making and try them. I love everything in that recipe.

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Day 2 Report

Calories: 1220 (under by 60)

Carbs: 158 (in range)

Fat: 40 (in range)

Protein: 65 (in range)

Fiber: 18 (under by 7)

After taking the cats to the vet for their monthly nail appointment, I came home and tracked my dinner. I had only had 910 calories and was under in all other categories. up to that point (7pm). Explains why behind my eyes felt weird and the only way I could keep them open was to squint. Grabbed an English muffin and some peanut butter and got my numbers up to a more reasonable area.

Chai/Pepsi: No pepsi, but had a chai. 2 down, one more for this week...

Moisturize: Okay, stupid question time again. I ran out of my body wash yesterday, so I bought a bottle of Olay Moisturizing body wash. Does this count as moisturizing, or do I still need to use some after getting out of the shower? If so, check. If not, then I still need to do...

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Moisturize: Okay, stupid question time again. I ran out of my body wash yesterday, so I bought a bottle of Olay Moisturizing body wash. Does this count as moisturizing, or do I still need to use some after getting out of the shower? If so, check. If not, then I still need to do...

Try using it and not moisturising and see if your skin feels the same as if you had moisturised. It will depend on your skin type so experiment. 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I need to get in the habit of a monthly nail appt for my cat, too. she is so ferocious, and it really improves our quality of life when the nails are trimmed! have you ever used soft paws? I like the idea of them, but I am too scared to try to glue them on to kitters. her name is torturekitty murderclaws for a reason.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

No, I haven't tried them. I like the idea of them too, and we've thought about it. But there is no way we could get them on Selina. Salem, maybe. But we can't hold her long enough to clip them, I have no idea how I would glue them on. Maybe I can have the vet put them on next month? That's a thought... She doesn't claw us much, only time is when she stretches up my side to say "hello" or "hurry up human, and put that food in my bowl faster". He, however, likes to wrap himself around my arm and play bite & grab. Something to ponder until next month.

Tomorrow is the day I get tested for my thyroid, but I'm also getting tested for my cholesterol as well. So for the past two weeks I've tired to eat my normal meals and nothing that would throw the cholesterol reading off (I have a family history of high cholesterol, and I feel like last time I had it checked it was just a tad high, but nothing to worry about). Last night my mom and I would have gone to Red Robin for dinner, but passed because of the test. I'm really craving a bacon cheeseburger, but I hardly ever get them because they are just so bad for you. It's over 1,000 calories. 

Well, starting at midnight tonight I need to fast until after my test at 11:30am. Not happy because I need to be up and out of the house around 4:30am to take my parents to the airport bus stop and I doubt I will fall back asleep afterwards. But anyway. Since I'll be skipping a meal, I've deiced to get a Red Robing bacon cheeseburger and fries tomorrow for dinner. Put that and my normal lunch in my tracker and I fall into all ranges, except fat. Way over in fat. But, you know what? I don't care. I have this maybe 2-3 times a year. It's a nice reward after a long day. And maybe I'll hoop later while watching my TV husband and his new show.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log