Anaticula - Fish Splashing Around

Anaticula

Great job!  Make sure you get moving around today or that lactic acid isn't ever going to get out and you'll be sore a long time.

• Like 1

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Wow, thats incredible. I run for like 40 minutes and thats it for me.

Its great to see your doing awesome!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

Thanks everyone, it was tough, but I'm happy with how it went. :)

My shoulders are still super tense and have been causing one heck of a headache, so I called my gym and set up an appointment with one of their massage people. I'm hoping that having them and my legs from the knees down worked on will help ease the pain a bit.  I had to schedule it for before my workout because the guy leaves at 5.  He's actually going to be staying late so he can see me because I won't be home from work until then.  Once I'm done with that I'm going to hop on one of the exercise bikes for 30 minutes or so as that's what my coach had me do last time I had a long run. Hopefully I'll be feeling much better by the time I'm done with that. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Excellent work I the half M! You're on a real upward trajectory here - I can't wait to read your half iron man report!

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

My trainer hasn't set up my schedule for this week (he gave me a rest day after the half, and forgot to put the rest in) so yesterday evening after my massage (yay, I can walk again!) I did 26 minutes of slow biking just to get back into moving, and today I feel great. :D Went home and was going to cook something when I decided I wasn't really hungry, but was super tired, so instead I just called it a night at 7pm and went to sleep.  Woke up this morning feeling great. :D Halfway through breakfast I decided I didn't want the rest of my food, so instead of making myself eat it anyways, I gave it to my brother who hadn't eaten yet. At work now and feeling good. This is the best I've felt in several weeks, no stress from work, no pain left from the run. :)

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

Congrats on pushing yourself to the finish line. You can be really proud of that. I envy your personal drive. You have an amazing amount of dedication to yourself. You are beautiful. Just saying.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Didn't get much exercise done yesterday, just a mile long jog in the pouring freezing rain. Okay so it was in the 40s, not freezing, but it felt cold enough, :tongue: Stopped at a shoe store to buy new shoes because the insides of mine are wearing out even though the outside and bottoms look fine.  Good thing I did though as it'll be February before the ones I want come in. Then I headed home to do class work as school is back in.

Had my session with my trainer this morning, and did my weigh in after, I'm down 4lbs this week! :D I also was looking through old photos the other day (finally hopped on the time hop app train everyone's been on) and even though I've not lost a huge amount of weight, I look so much healthier and happier in recent photos, even the ones where I'm about to fall over from exercise exhaustion, :tongue: I also compared photos from my first triathlon and my half marathon the other day, and I look so much better. It's not any one thing that I can point to and say that's why I look better, but I can see the difference. It's nice. :)  Now granted, I'm still not to thrilled that my trainer like to take photos like this one half way through a session and post them on Facebook, but I know in a few months I'll be looking at those photos (and comparing to the most recent ones he took) and I'll be able to see the difference there.

10930890_10153543161222785_7309955949077

And as you can see in the photo we've finally found sit-ups that I can do. :tongue:

In other news, I'll be moving soon. Currently my younger brother and I are roommates in a place downtown. However, one of his friends found a job in the same town my brother works in, so when the lease on this place is up he and his friend are going to get a place together in that town. I love living downtown, but figure that their are too many bad food choices to close to my house.  Including a cupcake store right next door that yells my name every time I walk by, so instead of keeping this apartment I'm looking for a new place. A friend of mine is actually selling her townhouse right now, and it's a nice place in a great neighborhood provided you like small houses with small yards. She's moving because it's too small for her and her family. So, it's possible, that if the bank doesn't think I have too many student loans out that I might be able to get a loan and buy her place. I'm both excited and nervous. I'd be thrilled if it worked out where I can get the place. I'd have an actual house of my own. Not something that is my parent's, not an apartment. But nervous, because I'll be really disappointed if the bank turns me down. I'm going to start making calls today on my lunch break and see about setting up an appointment to talk to someone. If it doesn't work out though, I'll just find a place to rent, and try again after I pay off a student loan or two. I have to admit though, that if I am able to get this house, it'll make sticking with the job I feel 'meh' about even more worth it, because I'll be able to afford to finally have a place that will actually be my own. 

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

It's always great when you look back and notice all of the little differences!

I wouldn't recommend running in real freezing rain, where the rain literally turns to ice when it hits the ground, more than a tiny bit of that and it's difficult to walk ;) The worst natural disaster I've lived through involved freezing rain accumulating to the point where tree branches and hydro lines are snapping left and right.

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Great work on your half marathon the other day! It sounds like it was a really hard day but you look really great in the photos and you don't look too worn out. It's amazing how much of running is a mental mind game. I have found that I enjoy fun runs more when I focus on beating my own times and running the best I can vs comparing myself to all the other runners who I don't know anything about. :)

It's great that you've been able to see progress in looking back at pictures. I know I am sometimes surprised to look back at pictures of myself and realise that I was actually that unfit once. Or to realise that I can do more pushups that I previously could. Or that I can actually do proper squats now for the first time ever. Those milestones are great as you make look the same on the outside, but you are so much stronger than before.

• Like 1

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Challenges: 1 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Goodreads

You are doing FANTASTIC!  You look great and are just ticking off one goal after another. So many changes and still going strong.  Oh cake things are my weakness.  Thank goodness the kind of sweets that tempt my family center around ice cream (no one lets me eat too much of that stuff due to how it makes me ill) which is not much of a temptation.  

Would this new place should you buy it allow you to combine workouts with commuting?  Biking to and from work for example or even walking/running?  I have decided once I get my biking going again I want to take the bus to work once a week so I can run home with my backpack.  It is great fun and challenging too.  Bike commutes are fun workouts.  Sometimes I just enjoy the ride.  Other times I do them as intervals or an all out ride (staying within traffic laws so stopping at lights and so on) as hard and fast as I can the entire time of course keeping safety in mind at all times.  

I am inspired by your drive and determination.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I didn't get a chance to post until now, because I've been busy with everything going on. I received great news yesterday I'm pre-approved for my house loan. I won't be able to get the place my friend is selling though because the price per month for mortgage, insurance, home owner fees, and everything came to more than I'm willing to do each month.  I could afford it, but only if I cut corners somewhere else by doing less races or not having my trainer, and I'd rather do the races! So I've hired a real-estate agent and we're looking for places a bit cheaper. There is one that is only a few blocks from my gym.  It'd be too far to walk in a reasonable amount of time at the pace I walk now, but I could bike, or once I get faster run to the gym. There's also several other places with large yards, which I'd have to mow, so that would be a good bit of walking I'd have to do in the yard every couple of weeks. :P Going to set up a time to go look at them hopefully later this week.

My trainer has my exercise program up for this week.  Last night I was supposed to do a 2 1/2 hour bike, but I only got 1 1/2 hours done because that's when I received the email with the houses and I spent the rest of the evening house shopping. If I have time today I'll make up the hour I missed.  Today I have a 2,000 yard swim, and lower body strength. Tomorrow is upper body strength and a 5 mile run. Thursday is a 2:30 bike ride and core strength. Friday is my session with R. Saturday is a 10 mile run and a 3 hour bike ride, then Sunday I have to make up anything I missed. 

I also have a couple class assignments due this week as well as several meetings at work, so I likely won't be around much.  I'm going to try to catch up of a few people's posts while I'm here, but I'm not sure how much I'll get to read.  Hope you are all doing well with your challenges!

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

That's fantastic news! Have fun house hunting! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Sounds like quite the schedule for workouts, keep it up!  Good luck on the housing thing, that is always stressful.

• Like 1

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Mileage

Swim 11.1/18 miles

61.7%
61.7%

Bike 207/465 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Run 44.9/101 miles

44.5%
44.5%

Wow! All I can say is wow and that I'm so incredibly proud of you! I just caught up on your whole thread and you're doing some seriously amazing things!

And house shopping **squeeeee** that is so exciting! You are one bad ass lady and a major inspiration to me.

• Like 2

Been very busy with the house hunt, and I may have some good news later today! The original house I looked at, I loved, but the price was going to be too much per month. I know that a lot of times, sellers will lower the price, but she would have had to lower it a lot for me to buy it. The realtor spoke with her about it and she was able to drop the price down just far enough that she would be breaking even on the deal, and the realtor decided to drop his fees to the bare minimum, which means that I should be able to get the place! :D She cannot build her new place until this one was sold, so she decided that she'd rather make no profit and be able to get started on her new home.  Now I'm just waiting to hear back from my lender on the details of my loan, and if everything is reasonable, I should be able to get the place. I know it'll still have to have inspections done and I've lots of paperwork to fill out, but I may have my home before too long if everything works out. I'm so excited! I was thinking it would take months to find a place once I discovered hers was going to be too expensive, but instead I may be moving in just a couple of months. I'm so very very happy right now. And once I hear the terms of the loan and (hopefully) find them reasonable, I'll be even more happy.

In health news, I've not been eating very well, and I ended up gaining back one of the four pounds I lots last week. I eat out way too much, and I have to stop. That's another reason I'll be happy to move. I've discovered that living downtown has made me very lazy about cooking and I end up eating out 6 nights each week. If I want to lose weight I cannot do this any more. I've got to stop allowing myself the excuse about it being easier and more convenient. So this morning I drove to the grocery store once I woke up and picked up the things to make myself lunch.  When I get home from work tonight and finish my bike ride I'll have to go shopping again and buy groceries for the week. I'm determined that this time I will start eating healthy and stop eating out every meal.

Saturday I have a half marathon, it is to be as many laps as you can do around a one mile course in 5 hours.  My goal is to complete at least 13, and maybe do an couple more if I can. I'm looking forward to it. 

My workout schedule for the week is:

Today - 3 hour bike ride

Tuesday - lower body strength and a 2,400 yard swim

Wednesday - upper body strength and a 7 mile run

Thursday - core strength

Friday - my session with R.

Saturday - race, and 2 hour bike ride 

Sunday - rest or make up things I missed.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

Congrats on the house! Fingers crossed everything goes through smoothly for you.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Hope all goes well with the house. 

You will kick butt at the half and I bet do extra!  Also what a killer workout schedule for the week.  Eating out does not have to be all bad.  But I agree, grocery shopping and cooking at home makes it much easier to eat healthier.  You control what comes in so not to be as easily tempted by things on the menu.  

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

This week has been crazy busy, this whole challenge has been chaotic for me, I've no clue how long we even have left in it. Some days I'm able to get my exercise in, others I simply don't have the time or energy.  Food is the same, some days I do well, other days I eat everything.  The only thing I have been doing consistently is drinking water. I suppose that counts for something.  I had a good talk with my coach today at our session. I explained that as the amount of work I have at work has increased as well as the homework load for my classes I simply do not have the time to do the 3 or 4 hour workouts he schedules for me.  I have asked him to simply assign me to attend some of the gym classes next week.  Having a set time to be there, one that is only for an hour, will be much better for me than seeing that I have a 3 hour bike ride scheduled, and asking myself why even bother if I know I'll only be able to do part of it because I have other obligations.  He warned me that doing this means I may not be ready for the half ironman when it comes around.  I understand his concerns, but I think in order to get everything done that I have to do I am going to have to make some sacrifices. And although I need to become healthy, I have to put work and class ahead of exercise. I am going to make a much greater effort to eat better though.  That is something that if I put my mind to it I can control no matter how crazy things get. Today is payday, so I'm going to do some grocery shopping and see what I can find that will be both healthy and easy to prepare. I have taken off work Monday, and I should have the time to cook ahead for the week. I'm going to make a meal plan and prepare everything then so that all I have to do is pop it in the microwave each day.  I think this should clear up my exhausted on arriving home just order a pizza issues. 

Tomorrow is the 26x1 race, and I am going to attempt to do a full marathon.  I know it will take me much longer that the 5 hours the event is scheduled for, but as it has been moved from the street to a local park, and from afternoon to morning, I should have all the time I need after the race to finish. (There was a scheduling conflict with a college baseball game and the event had to be moved.) My goal is 9 hours, but it would be awesome if I can do it in less. And without me feet falling off or falling on my face from exhaustion. :P 

I also signed up for the New Orleans Triathlon, Olympic distance.  It is three weeks before my half ironman (March 29th), and much shorter, (although still very long to me) this race will give me an idea of if I will be able to complete the half ironman or not as it will use the same course and have a similar time limit proportionally. If I cannot finish this race before the cut off point, then I know I will not be able to finish the half ironman.  As I cannot get my money back, I'll still at least do the swim part of the half ironman and as much biking as I can because it'll be good practice.  Then I will sign up for a different half ironman later in the year and keep training. Rinse, repeat, until I finish one. Even if it takes me a couple years. 

The house stuff is coming along. We have filled out the paperwork, and I have turned in most of the other paperwork.  I still have a few things to get together and send off Monday. Also, on Monday the house will be inspected. I took off work because I know I'll still be in pain from Saturday, and am going to take advantage of being off to go along on the house inspection as it means every flaw with the house will be pointed out to me. I'll be liming along very slowly, but at least I'll know what to expect when I move in.   We have set a closing date based on how long the loan and paperwork will take to process, and made sure that it will give D enough time to get her new house started and move out.  So if all goes according to plan I'll be picking up the keys to my new place March 27th. I'm excited and can't wait to have my own place at last. :) I just hope that there are no unexpected surprises. 

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

Pretty amazing all around and at the same time you have so much to juggle.  Can you read for your course while on an exercise bike?  I am rubbish at it.  So your trainer will have to be smarter about how he schedules your workouts.  Good luck on your race tomorrow!  I can not wait to hear how it goes for you.  You have already accomplished so much this year and now on to a marathon.  Wow.  Very cool.

• Like 1

I know it takes a ton of time to train for a Half Ironman, and doubly so for someone working against the time limit. We all have to prioritize in our lives, and it's totally ok if you let that goal slip for now.

I'd suggest that rather than repeatedly signing up for Half Ironmans, you set a time goal for yourself in an Olympic triathlon, and then once you've met that you can move up to the Half Ironman distance. Or even focus at getting faster at Sprints for a season (a little harder to measure as they're not as consistent) before focusing on Olympics. If yo get faster at the shorter distances, it will also make you faster at the longer distances, which can mean less time spent training because you can cover a given distance faster.

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

9 hours... wow your commitment is amazing! I couldn't imagine doing that. Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

I hope it goes (went?) well today (yesterday? Sorry, it's too early in the morning for me to work out the time difference...)

That's an impressive plan for a half IM future, although I think Kaylya might have a point about breaking it down. Totally admiring the take-no-prisoners ambition of it though, so if you go ahead and do it anyway I'll cheer you on.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Wow! I really hope it went well! You're dedication is really impressive and you've been rocking all your events... notice how you always say you hope you can finish and they go out and do it? Yeah lady you got this! No more "maybe I'll finish" I want more "heck yeah I'm awesome and I will finish" good luck!

• Like 1

It has been a completely insane weekend. But hopefully things are back to normal now.

Sunday was the 26x1, and I only did the half.  I simply wasn't feeling the whole.  I had walked a great deal of it because I was trying to save energy, so my time was very very slow, but the benefit of walking it was that I'm hardly sore at all. I can still feel it in my legs that they hurt a bit, but it is no where near as bad as they hurt the first time I ever walked a 5K, so I can at least tell that even though I am slow I am stronger.  I spoke with the people running the half Ironman, and I have up until March 7th to decide if I want to do it or not.  Up until the 7th they will refund some of my money.  Only $75, but as I bought the ticket early and on sale, I'll only be out like $20.  I am considering taking the refund and entering a different race, one that I know I can do and focusing on just improving my time like several of you suggested.  I would feel bad for dropping out, but I'd also feel relieved in a way because I won't be stressing out over the likely-hood that I will not finish. I'm going to talk to my trainer about it when I have my session with him and get his opinion. 

Yesterday I had lots of problems arrive in the house buying process.  Over the weekend someone got a hold of my bank information and spent all my money on shoes. My bank called me and was able to catch several of the charges before they went though, but I still had seven charges that were processes, and the bank cannot cancel them and refund my money until they are finished processing.  I had to take almost all my money out of my savings account in order to pay the deposit on the house and the inspector who came out. I also spoke with the lady doing my loan, and this creates some problems on her end, combined with the fact that I get student loans, she has reached the conclusion that it is better for me to simply open a new bank account for purposes of the loan.  And honestly, as some one got my account info I think it will be better for me too on a personal note. So I have to try to get that done today or tomorrow depending on the bank's hours. It's stressful. 

However, all craziness aside, I did have one really awesome thing happen this weekend. :D I met a guy and I have a date for this weekend. :) I was bored one day when I was supposed to be doing homework and created myself a profile on an online dating site. Ended up chatting with this guy who is also into biking and hiking. We chatted for a good long while, and I found out that he recently lost 100 pounds through biking and stuff, so we have that in common too. We're going to meet Sunday and a bike trail around here where lots of people go on the weekend, and bike for a while then have a picnic lunch and chat. It should be fun.  And should he turn out to be really crazy, there will be plenty of other people biking on the trail. I've let several of my friends know where I'm meeting him and all, so I should be safe.  I'm a bit nervous about it because I've never met someone from an online site before, except I've met some people from here, but that was at camp. :P If things go well going for a bike ride or hiking could become a regular thing. I'm hoping it works out. 

So now on to diet and exercise.  As stressed as I was this weekend I didn't eat too bad. :) Mostly because I was too busy to eat other than a few bites here and there. I did have fast food once as I was running the road between meetings, but I managed to stay away from the soda. For exercise I missed my workout last night (my trainer has assigned me classes this week instead of specific workouts like I requested) and I was able to make it to class this morning.  Tonight I have RPM class and Core.  Core was scheduled for Wednesday, but there isn't one at a time I can make.  Thursday I am meeting with my trainer in the afternoon.  Friday morning he hasn't decided what I am going to do instead of my usual session yet.

So, the last few days have been chaotic, but it wasn't all bad. Hopefully everything will work out in the end.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp