Anaticula - Fish Splashing Around

Anaticula

The events you should enter should be fun.  If they are adding that much stress then it may be wise to ditch the race, set a new goal that pushes you but not take away from the fun by adding too much stress (unless you want to go professional or be competitive then keep it fun but challenging), and then sign up for what will assist in that goal.

Sorry to hear about the bank account stuff.  Hopefully that gets sorted sooner than later for you.

What an awesome idea for a first date!  I hope it goes well and you both have a splendid time.  Such a great way to get to know someone.  

• Like 3

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Sounds like a crazy week!

Date sounds like fun. Someone who has lost weight themselves is likely to be both supportive and understanding! Here's hoping that it goes well, or, failing that, hilariously bad ;)

With regards to a partial refund - chat with your trainer about how far you're realistically likely to get and whether it's worth $75 to you. "Realistically" can include needing to do the distance a bit faster than you've done in training, or needing to swim a little bit further, but only so much. I'm not sure what the time limits are or where you're at now, but I could definitely see that the timed, marked, open water swimming experience could be valuable if you think that you realistically can get it done within the limit, and you'll know that when you're ready to do the full race that you've done that part. But if you think you're likely to get pulled out of the swim course without being able to finish even that then I'd definitely get the money back to put towards another race.

• Like 2

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

Sounds like you're managing your busy times fairly well. I know getting good snacks into the car is hard so drive throughs are wicked temping. But you're keeping your sanity!  :rapture:

The list of house fixes can be overwhelming, but like other things, if you schedule the house fixes in a prioritized list, they will get done and not feel like they have to all be completed yesterday.

I hope the bank account crude is worked out. Damn thieves.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

The events you should enter should be fun.  If they are adding that much stress then it may be wise to ditch the race, set a new goal that pushes you but not take away from the fun by adding too much stress (unless you want to go professional or be competitive then keep it fun but challenging), and then sign up for what will assist in that goal.  

^ This! The marathon I was originally supposed to run back in 2011 was in May, and I was really stressed and worried about finishing under the time limit, so I dropped down to the half distance and signed up for a later marathon in October that I knew I could be more prepared for. There's no shame in it at all! You know your abilities, and if the race is something you're not even looking forward to a little bit, it's better to do something you're excited to do. Nervous anticipation should be more of the latter than the former!

Do let us know how the date goes, too! :)

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Haven't been around much this challenge, and I feel like I haven't done anything, even though I have been super busy.  I'm going to make an effort to be around more next challenge, and to read other people's challenges, because I enjoy hearing how everyone is doing.

Credit card stuff has been sorted out, yay! And the house is now at the paperwork point.  It's just a matter of waiting for everything to go through. I am a bit worried about the house, because every time I speak to my loan lady the amount I'll owe each month seems higher. I don't want to end up paying so much on house stuff that I can't afford to live each month. However, it shouldn't be too bad, provided there are no more surprises along the way. And owning my own home will be completely worth it. I'm really excited about that. :)

I talked with my coach about the half Ironman, I told him about the refund and after we thought it over and discussed pros and cons, we decided I'm going to go ahead and go for it. We both know that I will likely not finish, but it's worth it to just try and see how far I can go. I'm happy with this decision. I'm going to give it my best, and see what I can do, and stop worrying about letting people down if I cannot finish.  Part of his reasoning was that we all have a race we can't finish sooner or later, and why not have it be a really long race instead of a short one, lol.

Food wise I'm only doing okay, I have some good days and some bad ones, but more good than bad.  I can tell that food is always going to be an issue with me, and that the best thing to do is to make conscious decisions about what and how I eat. I think for next challenge I'm going to be stealing one of suelk's goals.  Like her I'm going to focus on how I feel as I eat.  I still have the bad habit of cleaning my plate, or eating when bored, I want to learn to tell if I am hungry or not like she has.

Okay, now on to the date: It was...interesting...not horrible, but not great. We chatted on the dating site for a while, then I gave him my number and we began texting. We covered lots of subjects while we chatted.  I'm Wiccan, and he's into metaphysics, so it seemed we had some stuff in common religion wise. After a while though he because discuss aliens and how he believed they were trying to send him messages. I'll admit, although I consider myself fairly open minded, this was pushing it a little.  However, I figured I'd give him a chance, I mean everyone has a few quirks that make them unique.  At best we could do a lot of star gazing, at worst he'd show up on the date wearing a foil hat. We chatted more and began to arrange the date.  I found out that he doesn't have a car, he just bikes to work, so I agreed to pick him up at his house and drive us to the bike trail which was a few miles from his place.  We made plans for a picnic lunch. He made sandwiches, I brought fruit and some homemade bread as he had requested some when I told him I was baking for some stuff at work. Sunday arrived and I picked him up. We drove out to the trail and began riding. A few miles in he get off his bike and announces that he has to pee. I tell him that this is a bad idea as the woods aren't very deep and we're surrounded by houses. (The trail runs through a woods that is only about 50 feet on either side, It's large enough to give the illusion of isolation, but you can easily see the houses on either side.) He says he really needs to go. I inform him that there is a park just a little ways further along the trail and ask if he can wait. He agrees. Now, I didn't get the impression that he was trying to whip it out an show off or anything, just that he needed to pee and didn't realize that you don't pee in front of your date the first time you meet, nor do you pee near houses that could have little kids playing in the yard. Still, it was a really awkward situation. We got back on to the bikes and continued our ride. We made it to the park where he ran for the bathroom while I kept an eye on the bikes. We then biked an additional 5 miles (10 total) to a small lake side beach. We parked the bikes and walked a bit then chatted for a good 45 minutes while we had lunch.  It was very interesting, I was a bit weirded out that he looked over my shoulder once or twice and told me he saw shadows moving and asked if I though it could be ghosts. He then told me about the time he was star gazing and saw an alien spaceship. I was willing to let it pass, but then he started telling me that he thinks the aliens were family members in a past life and that he thought they were trying to send him a message. We then began our bike ride back to the car.  On the way we passed a cemetery, well he wanted to stop and looks for ghosts even though it was mid-day. I had no other plans, so I went along with it.  We walked through for a while but saw no ghosts. We then began the bike ride once more.  A little while after we passed the park that marked half way his bike tire went flat.  He had no clue how to change the tires and began complaining that it wouldn't have happened if his dad hadn't put the cheap inner tubes in it. I offered to patch the tire for him, and was going to do it, but his bike doesn't have a quick release on the tires and I didn't have a wrench to un do the bolt.  Instead we ended up walking the remaining three or four miles to the car while he complained about how his dad should have bought better tires. We made it back to the car and I loaded the bikes back up and drove him home. I dropped him off, said goodbye.  On the way home he started texting about how we should go camping in a cemetery one night to see if we could see ghosts. I will admit, I have no problem with a guy who believes in ghosts, or even believes in aliens, I mean, hey they could be out there, but the aliens being his relatives is a little much. However, my much bigger problem is that although he rides his bike to work every day he has no clue how to change a tire and instead of caring for it himself complains that his dad wasn't doing it correctly.  So, don't think we will be going on a second date. I do however have a date arranged for this weekend with a different guy I started chatting with.  His relatives are from India though instead of outer space.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

So, time to make a post for next challenge...

Next challenge will end right before my half ironman, so I have six weeks to prepare for it. I think I'll be picking goals that will help me get as far as I can during the race. Here is a rough outline of my goals.  I'll flesh them out a little then create a thread for this challenge.

Goal One: Swim, Bike, Run - Make sure to do at least one of these every day.

Goal Two: Food - Adapting Suelk's goal of eating slower and paying attention to what I eat.  For me this will be no eating while doing other things and to stop eating when I am full.

Goal Three: Post - the last couple of challenges I have posted less and less.  This challenge I want to post daily, but I know that's not likely to happen, so I'll go with 5 of 7 days each week.  I find that posting daily helps keep me on track. :)

Side Quest: Moving Day - I should be moving mid-challenge if everything goes well.  I want to sort through my belongings pre-move and declutter, then actually unpack everything after the move.

Level 6 Magikarp

At least you were not bored on the date.  Sorry but it had me laughing some.  The joys of dating.  

Hopefully the new date will not be boring either and have more in common.  First win...no alien (off world kind) ancestors that you know of yet.  ;)

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Down to earth....ha ha ha!  :highly_amused:   Dinner, movie, picnic, cycling...whats the plan for Sunday?  If he complains about his dad not taking care of him then run!  Hey you can run pretty damn far and unless this guy is a runner you know you can out run him.  LOL

We had discussed meeting at a small hiking trail near here, but a friend of mine insisted I meet him somewhere else instead as that particular trail is fairly deserted this time of year.  We couldn't do the bike trail I did with the other guy last week because this one doesn't have a bike. Also, it's supposed to rain Sunday.  We are going to meet at a coffee shop (even though neither of us drink coffee) or a café to chat, and if the rain doesn't show up after all there is a small park near downtown we can go to and chat. Guy #2 seems much more mature than guy #1. He's an auditor for the state and about 10 years older than me. He does have a daughter whose 3, so I'll have to think about that if things seem to go well.  We're very different religiously as I'm Wiccan and he's Muslim, but we have other things in common and I've enjoyed chatting with him.  Also, I'm fairly certain he isn't expecting to see ghosts even though he does like movies about them.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp