Sunmage: The power of mind

Sunmage

Hey,

during this challenge I will:

• master my mind(the way I think of and approach things)
  • finish my thesis
  • finish my master thesis
  • probably graduate
  • get a job
  • improve my eyesight and overall health significantly
  • find something to add here ;)
  • 1st addition: be able to touch my toes again. 20cm to go after all tricks

And of course I will start with finding out how to get all this done!

• Like 3

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

engineering stuff...

Here are my approaches to my self improvement tasks:

Mastery of my mind:

• I choose in what state of mind I am at least 90% of the time.
  • I chose to smile and stay positive because I know it works
  • I will smile to myself and say nice things to myself in the mirror for 5,5 minutes every day.
  • I will meditate(mostly with visualisation stuff)
  • I emphasize the how about the what of my actions.
  • That means being in the moment most of the time =)

Refresh my body:

• Eye excercises 5 days a week
  • Joint excercises 5 days a week
  • Wearing reduced prescription all the time and special prescription for computer work.
  • Doing everything for self healing, healing and optimal function of my body
  • Everything necessary to feel 5 years younger ;)
  • Like 1

"
I am the storm."

oooooh toe touches and get a job!!! Ambitious ;) LOL! You have well thought out, strong goals as always...and that thesis is just hanging on for dear life, kill it and put it out of your misery already :wub: 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Please share your eye exercises.  I want to learn!!

Also, do you have any great tips on how to work towards touching your toes.  I get SO close - but I can never seem to go all the way without bending my knees a little.

Good luck, fearless leader!  I have faith in you!

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Also, do you have any great tips on how to work towards touching your toes.  I get SO close - but I can never seem to go all the way without bending my knees a little.

Do it at least 1 minute every day, morning and night and you can use blocks if just hanging is painful. If it hurts your back when you try to straighten them though, then stop trying to do it with your knees straight and just widen your stance into a wide angle forward fold. Also if you can keep your knees straight when you are sitting with your legs out straight in front of you, do a forward bend with the same position with your arms reaching toward your toes and use a strap, like this. doing one or both of those daily, and you should get it eventually...its the consistency that will get you there. There is a story about a man who asked his guru this same question, and the guru said "place a stack of books under your hands, with very thin pages, and each day take a page out of the book" and the man asked again "how long will it take?" and the guru said "as many days as you have pages" meaning be patient with it, and it will come :)

I could pancake before I had surgery, and now, since I havent done it in months, I'm not even close :( 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Hmmm due to my height and sedentary lifestyle I am very very far away from reaching my toes. I worked towards that for several months in the last 2 years.

So I was quite surprised that just 20cm were missing. All I did was daily joint excercises(move every joint in many possible ways with a little, but comfortable stretch in every move).

Since these excercises are good for me I keep them and add work towards touching my toes.

There are 2 main stretches involved: 

• Standing, knees straigt, bend down with straight back and reach towards your toes as you exhale. go deeper with every exhalation and be relaxed. 3-5 breaths. Then come up, move and repeat 2 times.
  • Sit on the ground legs straigt forward, bend down and stretch towards your toes. Sometimes just try to get the upper body down to the legs.
    Sometimes sit with V shaped legs or just one leg in front, the other one tucked in.

For me stretching and moving the hip area is very important, too.  

I learned 2 tricks in these times that give some extra centimeters:

• (After foam rolling) roll the sole of your feet on a little ball like a tennis ball. Each foot for 30 to 60 seconds. Give it a little massage. 
    I can reach up to 5cm lower towards my toes afterwards.
  • Massage the lymph nodes and system on the inner side of your tighs. Start very gently if you sit a lot ;)

With both tricks I just miss 20cm. Doing the normal stretches after these 2 works a little different area.

Also reducing tension in my legs with foam rolling helps a lot ;)

I will reach towards my toes every time after my joint excercises and add some stretches on various occasions.

What do you do for that? 

• Like 2

"
I am the storm."

Day one done!

I wrote a whole page for my thesis today! =)

Have a great start!

Boom.  :D

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Day one done!

Have a great start!

You go!

(and yes, I know you were being sarcastic, but sometimes the first page is the hardest. :) )

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

You go!

(and yes, I know you were being sarcastic, but sometimes the first page is the hardest. :) )

I wasn't. Probably for the first time in my life =)

I should add quitting negative sarcasm to my list.

1 Page is a huge success to the zeros I produce since ore than a year.

I still have nearly 2 hours of today, so i promis I will add more =)

• Like 3

"
I am the storm."

Day one done!

Have a great start!

Ok so now I can properly express the awesome that is you started again!!

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

By god dont stop! :)

I tried adding that to my list, and failed within the first five minutes! I'm all for not giving up, but that bad of an abject fail and I think its probably a lost cause! lol

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

=) Thanks!

I don't count how often I fail with sarcasm. I still love sarcasm, but I cut down on the very negative ones a lot ;)

2,5 mopre pages done.

Good night!

• Like 2

"
I am the storm."

2 days wasted with nothing.

Well ok I cooked something great, bought new pots and watched the last hobbit movie. 

But I can hear my thesis crying.

I have to write this down, because it feels so embarassing that I hopefully won't do it again ;)

Bedtime.

• Like 1

"
I am the storm."

Ok, I hope you are off writing pages and pages on your thesis, but if not, know that we are here and we love you and are cheering for you and so dont get discouraged and down on yourself bc you took a few days off. Its hard to work on something you dont love and dont feel passionate about, but you are sooooo close and not finishing it will feel worse at this point, and i know you know that :wub: 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Unrelated, how was the last hobbit? And what did you cook? And good night!

Awesome!

I don't remember my food =)

Ok, I hope you are off writing pages and pages on your thesis, but if not, know that we are here and we love you and are cheering for you and so dont get discouraged and down on yourself bc you took a few days off. Its hard to work on something you dont love and dont feel passionate about, but you are sooooo close and not finishing it will feel worse at this point, and i know you know that :wub:

Uhmm. Thanks! You really helped me out in a dark hour.

It feels so weird to start something that I used to make myself miserable for 2 years. Weird if you just have weeks left.

But I'm on a good way, although the last week somehow vanished ;)

I drank alcohol two times after I felt like it. I don't need it, I don't get much from more than a glass and I don't have to avoid it completely anymore.But once a month will be enough...

I feel better and I'm getting along with my thesis ;)

But my dragon still knows how to get away. Yet...

• Like 2

"
I am the storm."

Hi Friend!  I just wanted to pop in to inform you that I can touch my toes for the first time in like…perhaps my whole life!!!  I have you to thank!  I just kept working and working on it and now I can do it!  Thank you for the inspiration. :frog:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

Thanks!

"Tomorrow" took me a week, but I just did 10 pages. And its only 9 pm. Since I can't sleep anyhow I will probably get 11 or 12 =)

Just 65 to go.

Everything else is on Standby.

But:

I got a job! A superawesome one in a company that I already know very well ;)

And I want to go to Camp NF this year ;)

Anyone else planning to do so?

• Like 1

"
I am the storm."

Thanks!

"Tomorrow" took me a week, but I just did 10 pages. And its only 9 pm. Since I can't sleep anyhow I will probably get 11 or 12 =)

Just 65 to go.

Everything else is on Standby.

But:

I got a job! A superawesome one in a company that I already know very well ;)

And I want to go to Camp NF this year ;)

Anyone else planning to do so?

Im going :D and Heidi is going (I think?) and Faille is going and Kaelvan maybe, other than that, I dont know :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn