Priscillia explores the Chozo Ruins

Priscillia

Tracking on enemy target has been lost.

Ground-based recon is required.

Begin landing sequence.

MAIN MISSION

To create and enforce good habits that will help me reach success in my life and in my profession.  

CHOZO RUINS

This mission will focus on progression and maybe exploring different ways of doing them.  We will be focusing on 3 things listed in my 2015 bucket list; splits, pull up and cleaning up the diet.  We'll be continuing to follow Samus Aran (of Metroid fame) as she lands on Tallon IV and explores the Chozo Ruins during this challenge.

• Boss: Flaahgra
  • Morph Ball Acquired
  • Charge Beam Acquired
  • Missile Launcher Acquired

Incoming scan data.  Fluid patterns analyzed.  Main Source of Toxins in Ruins detected in Sunchamber.

BOSS : FLAAHGRA +3 CON +2 STA

• 4 days/week No Grains

Last challenge I did 4 no grain days a week (minus one slip up and a week that was a freebie due to meetings).  I'm going to continue with this, because I honestly felt so much better on the weeks where I was careful.  The first week is a freebie due to circumstances (I'm at a 3 day workshop and either they're giving lunch, or I'm making lunch for 2 with no fridge/microwave), but you bet I'll still try to get it down.  I may add new recipes in, depending on how busy I am (and if I get that spiralizer for veggie spaghetti).

MORPH BALL ACQUIRED +5 DEX

• Splits 4-5x/week

I've tried to add this in at the end of last year, but was way over my head.  So I'm going to do just the splits for this one.

CHARGE BEAM ACQUIRED +5 STR

• Pull Up Progression 4x/week (or every other day)

2015 is the year I will get THAT DAMN PULL UP.  But unlike last year, I'm going to be pro-active about it.  Sure I've gotten stronger with the pole, but chasing after a pull up will make me stronger AND will help with my pole progression!  So we'll start with dumbbell rows and see how that progresses.

MISSILE LAUNCHER ACQUIRED

• MINIMIZE!  Sell/donate/get rid of things you don't need!
  • Sort through paperwork
  • Recycle electronics

Another goal for 2015 is to move out (for the last time).  I've gotten better (somewhat) at not buying stuff I don't really need (helps that I don't have much room) but I do have stuff that I'm not using any more.  I've also gone through quite a bit of paperwork in the interim between challenges, but I'd like to get through some more.  And I'd like to get as much sorting/organizing at home done. This is not graded.

MOTIVATION

To feel better, more energetic and stronger.  To lose weight to make learning new moves easier and fit in my old clothes.  To help control my crohn's.  To stop collecting underpants and ACT on my dreams.  To enjoy life and keep momentum!  To be the best me I can BE!

• Like 3

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Pics and Measurements

APR 15th 2014

Bust 45

Underbust 37

Waist 38

Hips 46

L Arm 13.75

L Thigh 25

R Arm 13.12 (1/8th)

R Thigh 24.5

SEP 14th 2014

Bust 42 3/4

Underbust 34

Waist 34 (!)

Hips 41 1/2 (!)

L Arm 13 1/4

L Thigh 23

R Arm 13

R Thigh 23

OCT 11th 2014

Bust 43 1/2

Underbust 34

Waist 34 3/4

Hips 41 1/2

L Arm 13 1/2

L Thigh 23

R Arm 13

R Thigh 23

NOV 28th 2014

Bust 42 1/2

Underbust 34

Waist 34

Hips 40 1/8

L Arm 13

L Thigh 22 7/8

R Arm 13

R Thigh 22 3/4

JAN 6th 2015

Bust 42

Underbust 34 1/2

Waist 34

Hips 41

L Arm 13

L Thigh 23

R Arm 13

R Thigh 23

Challenges | Current |

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Great goals! Always admire when people manage to keep their space clear of clatter and know how awesome that clarity feels. Also so excited to hear about your new pole adventures and of course, you are going to rock that Pull Up!!!!!

Subbed again :)

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Thanks all :D

------

Pre Challenge Update;

Missile Launcher

• Went through my old clothes and found stuff I don't like.  Put them in a donate bag
  • Sorted through a TON of paperwork.  Found some pretty neat things (old drawings ect)
  • So. Much. Cleaning.

Boss : Flaahgra

• Ordered a veggie spiralizer (after thinking about it for a couple months)
  • Like 2

Challenges | Current |

YES! 2015 is the year of the pull-up for me too. 

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week 1, Day 1

Flaahgra - Grain Free*

Morph Ball - 1/4-5

Charge Beam - nada

Missile Launcher - Moar paperwork, grabbed stuff to cook from freezer

Day 1 of the new challenge and first day at work in the New Year's! 

I made Paleo pancakes Sunday (egg+cinnamon+banana) and used the remaining for breakfast yesterday (there's cake today at the studio because our first feature aired on TV Sunday!  And Pizza tomorrow I think? I kinda figured this would happen so that's the other reason for the freebie week).  Lunch  was a regular salad mix (delish!) and then I decided to try cleaning up the freezer by using up some meatballs.  ** The package said may contain wheat :/  Ah well, one more batch and they'll be gone and I can make my own.  Plus it's getting rid of stuff in the freezer, so I'll count it towards Missile Launcher too (because stuff goes missing in that freezer, I SWEAR).

While the meat balls were cooking, I did 15 minutes of splits.  I held the two side splits for 1+ min each, but was having a horrible time with the middle one.

Did pole class (got stuck with the 50mm pole, did not go particularly well), no yoga.  Vegged in front of the TV with my mom (which never ever happens) watching reno shows.

Goal today is to go to the gym after work to avoid traffic.  Do some cardio, get some dumbbell reps done for Charge Beam and more Splits.

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Looks like a pretty good first day! Cutting out grains can be hard with all of the hidden stuff in food these days.  Oh, what's wrong with the 50mm pole?

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

... I thought that I'd be less busy after the holidays but that really hasn't happened... forgive me! (this may become a thing...)

Great goals! Always admire when people manage to keep their space clear of clatter and know how awesome that clarity feels. Also so excited to hear about your new pole adventures and of course, you are going to rock that Pull Up!!!!!

Subbed again :)

I have way too much stuff in a little space so clutter is always present.  But I have noticed the clarity when it is clean (for like, a day :tongue: ).  AND I WILL TOTALLY ROCK THAT PULL UP :D  Glad to have you following again!

Pulll ups! Gooooooo!

:D

Gooooooooing.... goooing...  I don't think I'm gone yet  :tongue:

I looove when people go for their first pull ups. I was so, so thrilled when I finally got mine. If I can do it anyone can.

The Chozo Ruins look daunting but I know you can easily handle it. Best of luck!

Chozo Ruins are FUN!  With exceptions of the random ghosts.  They're daunting ;)

YES! 2015 is the year of the pull-up for me too. 

WOOOO PULL UP BUDDY!

Actually there's a lot of people doing Pull Ups for 2015/this challenge from the looks of things.

Your motivation is awesome and I'm excited to watch your pull up progression!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Thankies :D  I admit, NF challenges do lots for my motivation ;)

Looks like a pretty good first day! Cutting out grains can be hard with all of the hidden stuff in food these days.  Oh, what's wrong with the 50mm pole?

Thanks!  Yea there's lots hidden in things :/  I'm glad this is my freebie week (workshops over the weekend + celebrating the airing of Pirate's Passage) if only because I found out about the wheat in the meatballs AFTER I started cooking them.  Sigh.

Nothing's wrong with 50mm per say, except I'm used to a 45mm.  Soooo... holds were easier (more skin touching and gripping the pole) but spins (where I do better) were a pain.  My hand couldn't close around it fully.  My arm kept bumping into the pole and then I'd have to stop mid-spin :/  I'd need to get used to it (actually, I could try doing the beginner classes with the 50mm now that the studio does an unlimited subscription style... hmmmmmm).

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Aight, got some breathing room.

So I've been on a purging rampage since about... Just before New Year's I think?  I've gotten a couple bags worth of recycled paperwork, clothes to donate and I'm no where near done (plus I need to check the stuff that's at my dad's :S ).  This coupled with appointments I had scheduled and other stuff led to a very very busy weekend.  The only "down time" I really had was watching the airing of the first feature from my studio and watching a livestream from another artist (which was highly educational and motivating, I actually drew for a couple hours before going to bed rather late).

I've also started paying attention to the dating side of life.  I posted in my last thread that I wanted to "Go on a date/ Start paying attn to that side of life (I've ignored it for so long...)" and I did go on one Saturday.  Which was a bust, but meh.  At least it's a beginning?

I finally put my pictures on my computer and photoshop (for the crafted gifts and my fitness ones).  They're coming I promise!

They say an object in motion stays in motions... I feel like everything is just getting faster and faster.  I find coming to report to this forum has been a very good grounding and sounding board to keep me sane during this particular time in my life.  Even if it's a very small pop in to report, or say hi in the Den.  SO THANK YOU!

Seriously, thank you for checking up on me, reading my posts and what not.  And for being all kinds of patient and awesome.

• Like 4

Challenges | Current |

Cross posting these  :D (Varia Suit Quest from last challenge (make x-mas gifts))

necklace Gifts

Sharpie Mugs

That said, they loved them!  The mugs seem to be used often, and I see one necklace (the one with the wood and the tree) being used constantly :D  Super pleased (and my boss was teary with the scarf (she wrote the poem that's on it)).

Challenges | Current |

Week 1, Day 2

Flaahgra - Grain Day

Morph Ball - 2/4-5

Charge Beam - 1/4

Missile Launcher - Nada

Charge Beam:  3 sets of 10x15lbs  Bump to 17.5lbs dumbbell next.  Need to get video to check form.

Morph Ball:  about 15 min of practice?  Side splits held for 1m30s each and middle for 45s (better)

:/  So the gym was full as it normally is.  I'm reminded why I don't like going there (lots of people and little space + equipment is always in use).  I'm starting to think either getting weights once I move out or doing bodyweight workouts might be better (the only problem is there's even less room at my current home to do these (and yoga) than in the packed gym).  Something to ponder on I guess.  Otherwise, yesterday was okay.

Foods

Monday

Paleo Pancakes

Spinach + Mushrooms + Feta + Turkey + Garlic Steakhouse sauce

Spinach + Cheddar + Meatballs

Clementines + lots of water + tea + OJ&Sparkling Wine

Tuesday

Cake (Baaaaad)

Spinach + Mushrooms + Feta + Turkey + Garlic Steakhouse sauce

Spinach + Cheddar + Meatballs

White Hot Chocolate + Tea + OJ&Sparkling Wine

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Aside from some cake and an overcrowded gym it sounds like yesterday was a pretty good day! Your food looks great, and so does your workout :)

It does look good, I guess I just had a case of the blahs :)

There it is!  No underpants!  And Pull Ups!  pull ups are hard :)

Keep at it and show us what you're made of  :onthego:

Yea no underpants this time!  And it is hard, but hard is good :D

----

Week 1, Day 3

Flaahgra - Grain Day

Morph Ball - Rest

Charge Beam - Rest

Missile Launcher - Nada

Rest Day (+pizza day at work).  Didn't get much challenge wise done, but I got some reading on a Cashflow book done, wrapped my Dad's Birthday present and made a big batch of broccoli salad for Friday lunch (at the workshop). Trying to figure out what to cook for super for 2 very different people...  I think I have the lunches nailed down at least.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Nothing's wrong with 50mm per say, except I'm used to a 45mm.  Soooo... holds were easier (more skin touching and gripping the pole) but spins (where I do better) were a pain.  My hand couldn't close around it fully.  My arm kept bumping into the pole and then I'd have to stop mid-spin :/  I'd need to get used to it (actually, I could try doing the beginner classes with the 50mm now that the studio does an unlimited subscription style... hmmmmmm).

I can so relate to that! During my first lessons I trained on a 40mm, but when I bought my own it was 45mm and I soon noticed how frustrating it was to spin twice around easily at class and then struggle for the same move at home, so I switched to using only the 45mm ones at the studio from there on. Now when I land on a 40mm one it feels so weird and yes, grip!!! Ooooh, a whole new challenge on the muscles to hold...

:/  So the gym was full as it normally is.  I'm reminded why I don't like going there (lots of people and little space + equipment is always in use).  I'm starting to think either getting weights once I move out or doing bodyweight workouts might be better (the only problem is there's even less room at my current home to do these (and yoga) than in the packed gym).  Something to ponder on I guess.  Otherwise, yesterday was okay.

Your food sounds awesome, will have to go look for paleo pancakes now  :tongue:

With the way you are assassinating any unused things at your place, you will soon have a whole lot of room situation ;)

yoga doesn't need much space, I found and if you have a pull-up bar, that doesn't need much space either. Gym is supposed to motivate you by great company and/or the tools there, if it doesn't do that, it might be a valid point to rethink. Guess it's a little too cold right now for Steve's playpark workout though :D

There it is!  No underpants!  

?????? 

Aight, got some breathing room.

So I've been on a purging rampage since about... Just before New Year's I think?  I've gotten a couple bags worth of recycled paperwork, clothes to donate and I'm no where near done (plus I need to check the stuff that's at my dad's :S ).  This coupled with appointments I had scheduled and other stuff led to a very very busy weekend.  The only "down time" I really had was watching the airing of the first feature from my studio and watching a livestream from another artist (which was highly educational and motivating, I actually drew for a couple hours before going to bed rather late).

I've also started paying attention to the dating side of life.  I posted in my last thread that I wanted to "Go on a date/ Start paying attn to that side of life (I've ignored it for so long...)" and I did go on one Saturday.  Which was a bust, but meh.  At least it's a beginning?

I finally put my pictures on my computer and photoshop (for the crafted gifts and my fitness ones).  They're coming I promise!

They say an object in motion stays in motions... I feel like everything is just getting faster and faster.  I find coming to report to this forum has been a very good grounding and sounding board to keep me sane during this particular time in my life.  Even if it's a very small pop in to report, or say hi in the Den.  SO THANK YOU!

Seriously, thank you for checking up on me, reading my posts and what not.  And for being all kinds of patient and awesome.

Yay for paying attention to the dating side of life! Go, girl!!

Yeah, this forum is such a great anchor and motivator at the same time, I had hardly any time to contribute the last days but stalked you guys briefly in between and it boosted my days tremendously.

You are doing super, Priscillia, you know I think you have gotten used to so much awesomeness in you, your expectations have levelled up, too and it's good to keep them from going overboard at times ;) Enjoy your rest day, celebrate all this space you made and all the healthy habits you keep sticking to and savor that rocking pull-up you are building up to. EXCITING  :excitement:

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 1 Recap

Flaahgra - Freebie Week (I did fail over the workshop weekend)

Morph Ball - 3/4-5

Charge Beam - 2/4

Missile Launcher - Mostly paperwork

I kinda feel depressed and confused (not due to the challenge).  I had a weekend workshop on Real Estate, and either my expectations were high or I totally missed something.  Well not really.  The stuff I was expecting to learn was being sold with a package that is WAY out of my price range.  Like half my income after taxes and benefits :/  Not to say I didn't learn a lot or have my plan changing, but... again I feel confused, lost and kinda depressed after this.  Maybe that's also because I was dead tired going home every night but... maybe it's something else -shrug-

I got to do another session of splits and dumbbell rows on Thursday, but did not do a 4th one for last week.  I had hoped to try getting more things cleaned at my father's (some of my stuff is there), but I was so drained after these that I only got to do 1 drawer and a shelf.  I tried and got 2/3 lunches without grains (didn't have time to cook anything for the last one so we made sandwiches) but super was mostly grain as I suspected it would be.

So not the best week, but not too shabby considering 3 days were a write off for sure.  I'm going to try to get the splits and the dumbbells done fully this week, but depending on how busy I am, I may bump them down to 3x/week.  I've got a feeling it's the calm before the storm right now...

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Sorry to hear about the strenuous weekend. If it's a hunch that still needs to take some more shape, it's good to give it some time for that, maybe? Sleep on it and let it go for a few days, often answers come when we aren't looking for them at all.

Yeah, I downsized some program from my last challenge to this one that wasn't manageable for me, too. If you feel a storm coming, you better gather your forces ;)

Keep yourself warm and braced 

its-dangerous-to-go-alone.jpg

• Like 2

With the way you are assassinating any unused things at your place, you will soon have a whole lot of room situation ;)

yoga doesn't need much space, I found and if you have a pull-up bar, that doesn't need much space either. Gym is supposed to motivate you by great company and/or the tools there, if it doesn't do that, it might be a valid point to rethink. Guess it's a little too cold right now for Steve's playpark workout though :D

Yeah, this forum is such a great anchor and motivator at the same time, I had hardly any time to contribute the last days but stalked you guys briefly in between and it boosted my days tremendously.

You are doing super, Priscillia, you know I think you have gotten used to so much awesomeness in you, your expectations have levelled up, too and it's good to keep them from going overboard at times ;) Enjoy your rest day, celebrate all this space you made and all the healthy habits you keep sticking to and savor that rocking pull-up you are building up to. EXCITING  :excitement:

I doubt it on having more room for exercise.  if this was my own apartment then sure! But I live at my mother's and she doesn't like the furniture being moved (which is what I'd have to do).  Plus it's in front of the TV and someone is almost always watching it at night :/

You're right on the rethinking part.  Honestly, if I did have the room at home, I'd probably get rid of it.  I did not feel motivated at all...  Maybe it's just that location?  I don't have that problem when I go to the other location for yoga.  And yea a bit too cold for outdoors ;P  But the skate rink is open ;)

... you know, I probably have set higher expectations not just for me, but for others as well.  In myself that's better but for others that's not too healthy to keep them to the standards I expect from me.   You've pointed out something I really need to think about.

haha I did enjoy the rest!  I need more though after this weekend :P

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Sorry to hear about the strenuous weekend. If it's a hunch that still needs to take some more shape, it's good to give it some time for that, maybe? Sleep on it and let it go for a few days, often answers come when we aren't looking for them at all.

Yeah, I downsized some program from my last challenge to this one that wasn't manageable for me, too. If you feel a storm coming, you better gather your forces ;)

Keep yourself warm and braced 

its-dangerous-to-go-alone.jpg

Omg the Squeee level here is crazy!  So cuuuuute~~~~

Yea, i'm going to sleep on it.  My father and I may partner up on it since he too left the workshop with some ideas he needs to sleep on too.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

hey!

sorry you had a bummer of a weekend (partial).

I know your recap is colored by those feelings - but I think you had a really strong week in general!

(also I keep reading your challenge as explores the CHORIZO ruins, and think to myself: oh, delicious.)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.