What was in the sandwiches?  Could it be taken out and eaten sans bread?  Sometimes I'll pull the meat and cheese out of a sandwich, roll it up, and eat it that way without the bread or roll!  But that wouldn't exactly work if it was, say, egg salad...

giphy.gif

Ooooo keep us posted if you go bouldering!!  That's something I've ALWAYS wanted to try but the closest one to us is 2 hours away... and living on the beach, we don't exactly have our fair share of outdoor climbing availability! ^_^

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Are you ready to rock today?!

yes i am so ready to rock!!! heading out the door to go on my run right now!

giphy.gif

What was in the sandwiches?  Could it be taken out and eaten sans bread?  Sometimes I'll pull the meat and cheese out of a sandwich, roll it up, and eat it that way without the bread or roll!  But that wouldn't exactly work if it was, say, egg salad...

giphy.gif

Ooooo keep us posted if you go bouldering!!  That's something I've ALWAYS wanted to try but the closest one to us is 2 hours away... and living on the beach, we don't exactly have our fair share of outdoor climbing availability! ^_^

lol! that's the perfect gif.

sucks you live so far away from a climbing gym! but on the other hand, living on a beach must be nice...  :tongue: anyway yes, i will let you know how it goes.  :)

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

i just got back from climbing, and boy are my arms tired!

...hmm. that joke is funnier when it has to do with airplanes...

anyway! i really did go climbing, and my arms really are tired.
when i showed up there were only three other people there, so i pretty much had the gym to myself.
23sgkux.jpg

however, i was not brave enough to try THE WAVE WALL OF TERROR!!!

[ok, i was planning on posting a picture of it, but i can't get the file to load right. basically, the wall curves to be parallel with the floor. no thanks.]

i did a couple of runs and was feeling pretty dang good about myself, and then an entire troop of Girl Scouts came trotting in haha. soooo it got real crowded real quick. and noisy. lots of giggling.   ^_^  at that point, i had been there for about 40 minutes, my hands were starting to hurt, and i wasn't sure how much more my arms could handle, so i headed out. $15 for less than an hour kind of sucks, but it's a once-in-a-while treat. i also learned that i should always go with a buddy. but it was nice to have some time alone, too. all in all, good arm day.   :)

on a completely unrelated note, there's a guy at work who gave me some trouble before. to be fair, i could tell he didn't do it out of malice, but i still reported his ass because that shit don't fly with me. that was a couple months ago, and since then i've been able to avoid him. until today. and now he knows where my desk is, and what my last name is, and ugh. just UGH. he's never been aggressive, and i'm sure he's completely harmless, but there's this...possessiveness? or entitlement? i dunno, something in his eyes that really leaves me unsettled. so i've been dealing with that today, sorting out my feels, etc. any of you ever deal with work-place harassment?

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger

Oof, wave wall of terror seems TERRIFYING. Wall parallel to floor would = me ON floor! XD

That guy sounds like a creeper. If it were me I'd be as assertive and careful as possible to give him the vibe that that shit won't fly, and if he tries something again, reported. Ugh I hate people like that, totally messes with the work flow and brings in unneeded anxiety and stress!! GET A LIFE MAN!!!

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

i did a simple banishing spell with him in mind this morning. because apparently the HR department needs some help on this one haha. maybe getting reported a second time will do the trick... on the one hand, it seems kind of cruel to report him for such minor things, but on the other hand, that sort of mindset is insidious and lets bad behavior fester. my first impulse was to talk it out, but seeking out contact with him could send the wrong message and make the situation even more sticky.

well, last night ended up being interesting. i got into a weird mood where no food sounded appealing. Tiberius and i kept throwing around ideas but nothing sounded good until "mac and cheese" was uttered. and then that was all that i wanted. soooo i ended up eating an entire box of it.  :blink: oops. i know it's not the healthiest food out there, but i'm pretty sure i stayed within my target number of calories, so i'm not too upset about it.

the writing is going pretty well lately! yesterday i wrote just barely under 700 words, and the day before i wrote just barely under 600. gonna pound out a couple hundred more today to make up for the slack a bit and call it good.

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger

Mac and cheese... such a weakness... >_<

Grats on the words!!

i did a simple banishing spell with him in mind this morning. because apparently the HR department needs some help on this one haha. maybe getting reported a second time will do the trick... on the one hand, it seems kind of cruel to report him for such minor things, but on the other hand, that sort of mindset is insidious and lets bad behavior fester. my first impulse was to talk it out, but seeking out contact with him could send the wrong message and make the situation even more sticky.

well, last night ended up being interesting. i got into a weird mood where no food sounded appealing. Tiberius and i kept throwing around ideas but nothing sounded good until "mac and cheese" was uttered. and then that was all that i wanted. soooo i ended up eating an entire box of it.  :blink: oops. i know it's not the healthiest food out there, but i'm pretty sure i stayed within my target number of calories, so i'm not too upset about it.

the writing is going pretty well lately! yesterday i wrote just barely under 700 words, and the day before i wrote just barely under 600. gonna pound out a couple hundred more today to make up for the slack a bit and call it good.

Oh heavens. I would . . . well,I don't know what I would do right now for a box of Amy's Aged Cheddar Shells and Cheese.

I justified eating it by throwing in spinach and broccoli. Makes it good for you. Well known fact.  

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

I see what you mean (maybe something wasn't a huge deal on its own), but you were right to report it. You shouldn't have to be uncomfortable because of this guys sense of entitlement/possessiveness.

And ew.

Anyway, congrats on the writing!

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

alright y'all! let's see, what's been going on...

i wrote the full 700 words last night, but didn't get around to it the night before. and i worked out tonight [despite roadblocks!] but did not get around to it last night. as far as food goes, last night wasn't great [simple grilled chicken sandwich thing from Red Robin] but it could have been worse. seems like there's been one day every week where i make questionable food choices. which i'm totally ok with for now - it's much better than how it was around the holidays! and you know, i've realized that sweets are my gateway food. once i start eating lots of sugar, all food priorities go out the window. anyway, it's off to Salad-Land for me tonight...yaaaaaay...
giphy.gif

level 4 elf ranger

thanks Ceasefire.  ^_^

man, today was a crazy, hectic, awesome day. worked from home [and did NOT eat everything in the fridge like i did last time], took a nap on my break [wish i could do this every day at work], then the sun came out for the first time in ages so Tiberius and i went on a nice long walk. after that i met up with my jogging buddy and we went for a jog [16 minutes without stopping!!!! what the what?!?! we started running in earnest a week ago today, and we were barely able to go for 10 minutes. i'm so proud of us.] got home from the run and took a glorious bath, made dinner, realized in a panic that i totally forgot about pottery class, decided not to go, and now i will write. hopefully my pottery teacher can catch me up on glazes next week...

did Neila Rey's Street Fighter workout yesterday, which did not do my legs any favors. next time i need a workout the day before a run, i will not choose that one. hoooo boy.

anyway, i could not have had a better day. i am so very, very pleased. oh, and bonus! i ordered a murder mystery game thing, and i think my good friend from California will fly out for a long weekend to play it with us.  :D  so much to look forward to!

level 4 elf ranger

today was...pretty mediocre. which i'm ok with from time to time. my legs were WICKED sore today, because i had two days of leg workouts in a row. so i decided to not work out today, in hopes that my body will fully focus on healing what needs to be healed. i don't feel too bad about not working out since it was a deliberate choice rather than justified laziness. anyway, food was great, too. i've realized that if i eat at a weird time of day, or if i have more in the morning than usual, my body has been trained to only be hungry for as many calories as it needs. which is a HUGE win in my book. oh and also, a lady from work handed out fancy chocolate to everyone today, and i was able to put mine in my purse, resist the urge to eat it all day, and give it to Tiberius when i got home! yeah self control! so two big wins.  :)
i got home from work and took a bath, then went to see Inherent Vice with Tiberius and another friend, and now i'm home, just about to get cracking on my words for the day. i hope i can do it, but i don' have very high hopes. i also wanted to get to bed early tonight and i'm starting to think it'll either be one or the other. hmmmmmm we shall see which one wins out...  ;)

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger

HECK YEAH on avoiding that chocolate!!

hi nerds! been a little while, but things are going great.  : ]  had the day off from work, so i wrote my 700 words no problem, then went on a jog [13 minutes, break, then 18 minutes!], repotted my basil plant, did lots of reading about permaculture gardening, and generally had a nice relaxed time. no bad foods so far since last Friday. i didn't even sneak a piece of the candy bar Tiberius left opened in the fridge! pretty proud of myself.  ^_^
also, yesterday i got new running shoes! this felt like a big step for me for some reason. it's the first time i've gone into a store specifically to buy shoes meant for running. i dunno, before i started running, i would always see those people on the greenbelt, jogging along, being beautiful and fit and making it look easy. and now i feel like i'm part of the club. so that's cool.

level 4 elf ranger

after that i met up with my jogging buddy and we went for a jog [16 minutes without stopping!!!! what the what?!?! we started running in earnest a week ago today, and we were barely able to go for 10 minutes. i'm so proud of us.] got home from the run and took a glorious bath, made dinner, realized in a panic that i totally forgot about pottery class, decided not to go, and now i will write. hopefully my pottery teacher can catch me up on glazes next week...

Mazel tov! It's great to see a big achievement like that! I envy you a jogging buddy, too. Have fun with the murder mystery!

hi nerds! been a little while, but things are going great.  : ]  had the day off from work, so i wrote my 700 words no problem, then went on a jog [13 minutes, break, then 18 minutes!], repotted my basil plant, did lots of reading about permaculture gardening, and generally had a nice relaxed time. no bad foods so far since last Friday. i didn't even sneak a piece of the candy bar Tiberius left opened in the fridge! pretty proud of myself.   ^_^

also, yesterday i got new running shoes! this felt like a big step for me for some reason. it's the first time i've gone into a store specifically to buy shoes meant for running. i dunno, before i started running, i would always see those people on the greenbelt, jogging along, being beautiful and fit and making it look easy. and now i feel like i'm part of the club. so that's cool.

Well done! Sorry I've been silent, but I've been checking in, and this is great news! I know what you mean about not thinking of yourself as one of "those people" on the Greenbelt, until you realize you're buying running shoes and talking about running on the internet. You go!

thanks so much, Tzippi! not sure if i have it in me to post another update right this second, but just had to say thanks for the love. no worries about the silence though, i absolutely know how crazy things can get.  : ]
anyway, hopefully i can muster up another progress report tomorrow...

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger

well, Tiberius is being a f*cking jerk again*. again? still? i'm gonna go with still, since it's an extension of what i mentioned before about the relationship turmoil. anyway i got home and dissolved into tears, decided that that wouldn't do and pumped out a quick Lannister workout from Neila Rey. then i sat down to write, but i still couldn't concentrate, so i went for a jog which turned into sprints. still feel all wound up, but i don't think my body can take much more punishment today. but boy howdy, if anyone ever says that misery and self-loathing are useless emotions, they would be mistaken, because they obviously would have never seen the killer workouts that can take place as a result of said emotions.

anyway, i decided to bump my daily word goal up from 700 to 1,000. if i stick to that, i'll be just under 1/2 the goal length of my book by the end of the challenge. i did 500 yesterday, so i'm hoping to do 1,500 today. now if only i can channel my aggression to writing...

*he's really trying not to be a jerk, but it isn't working haha. just to clarify, he actually is a fantastic guy. but he's human and occasionally he messes up, just like me and the rest of the human race.

level 4 elf ranger

well, Tiberius is being a f*cking jerk again*. again? still? i'm gonna go with still, since it's an extension of what i mentioned before about the relationship turmoil. anyway i got home and dissolved into tears, decided that that wouldn't do and pumped out a quick Lannister workout from Neila Rey. then i sat down to write, but i still couldn't concentrate, so i went for a jog which turned into sprints. still feel all wound up, but i don't think my body can take much more punishment today. but boy howdy, if anyone ever says that misery and self-loathing are useless emotions, they would be mistaken, because they obviously would have never seen the killer workouts that can take place as a result of said emotions.

anyway, i decided to bump my daily word goal up from 700 to 1,000. if i stick to that, i'll be just under 1/2 the goal length of my book by the end of the challenge. i did 500 yesterday, so i'm hoping to do 1,500 today. now if only i can channel my aggression to writing...

*he's really trying not to be a jerk, but it isn't working haha. just to clarify, he actually is a fantastic guy. but he's human and occasionally he messes up, just like me and the rest of the human race.

I know what you mean about being able to channel those feelings into physical stuff, but it being a lot harder to concentrate on something when you're mad/hurt/whatever.

more harassment at work yesterday, plus Relationship Problems Pt 2, Vol 2. all in all a fantastic day.  :(
because of all the stress, i'm taking it way easy on the writing and working out. and the end is in sight for my month of no sugar! i really miss baking, guys. but Tiberius's parents are having a Super Bowl party and i'm making a cake.
i do think the relationship madness is coming to a close as well, thank goodness. and the sun is out! so it's not all bad.

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger

quick update, just to say all the sour situations have turned very sweet indeed. nothing like a little turbulence to jolt relationships into a better place!

we're probably going hot-springing tonight, and grabbing brunch tomorrow morning. oh, and!! i got the "ok" at work to go to part time hours!!! which means i can start practicing as a doula!!!!! and i'll have tons more time for writing and gardening and hanging out with Tiberius and i think i'll just generally love life a whole lot more!

i love it when a bad week turns around! :D

level 4 elf ranger

alright y'all, witch update!! hooray!
giphy.gif
Monday Feb 2nd is Imbolc, which is one of the four fire festivals in the Celtic year. it is also Brigid's day. this is a time of new beginnings, both internally and externally. sort of an "in with the new, out with the old" spring-time celebration. finally, it's a time to welcome the sun back. this Imbolc is very special to me, since exciting new things are indeed taking place in my life! to celebrate, i've chosen a handful of activities that will span this entire weekend, and up until Monday evening.

today and tomorrow is spring cleaning time! the house needs a good cleaning, the fridge and pantry need to be sorted through, my closet needs to be organized... you get the picture. after brunch today, i will start in on these chores. might even take some before and after pictures if the transformations are especially impressive.  : ]
tomorrow i plan on making some candied ginger. i absolutely adore candied ginger, and i just recently learned how easy it is to make! plus, since ginger is such a warming herb, it is strongly associated with the sun. and what better way to celebrate a fire festival than with spicy ginger!
also tomorrow i plan to bake some poppyseed muffins to take into work the next day. i believe seed cakes on Imbolc are traditional [make sense, as seeds represent new beginnings and symbolize spring.] however, instead of making one larger seed cake, i've decided to make the beloved poppyseed muffins to spread springtime happiness.
on Monday, i plan on taking a walk by the river and collecting rushes or grasses to make a Brigid cross.
brigid.jpg
Brigid is my all-time favorite goddess, and her lore is a large reason of why i got into witchcraft and wicca in the first place. i'd also like to learn more about St. Brigid. she's the goddess of midwives [among many other things], and i think honoring her as i transition into my doula practice is only right.  : ]
after i've made the cross, i want to do a small candle lighting ceremony, and then meditate on new beginnings before bed.
some very cool cosmic happenings are going on as well at this time, because the day after Imbolc is a full moon! as i think i mentioned before, i've been waiting for a full moon so that i could dedicate my book of shadows properly. it was a delightful surprise to find that the next full moon was taking place right on the heels of Brigid's day! it'll be an especially poignant and special dedication for me because of this, and i'm very excited.   :D

so those are my Imbolc plans! i will take lots of pictures as i go!
enjoy your new beginnings, everyone!

level 4 elf ranger