In which Sarah Barr Starts Year Two

Beaucastle!!! You're still about! I've missed you! Yay! :D

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

That sucks, but 10lbs isn't that bad and you'll beat it soon enough, you always bounce back!

Hmmmmm... there's a writing group called the Nanobeans I wrote with for NaNoWriMo; they are fun, and write throughout the year, and I'm very tempted to go to the meetup tonight. But hmm. Not sure if I can resist the lure of their amazing and oversized hummus/flatbread thing served in the bar they meet in. Probably shouldn't go. I found a bit of old paper towel in my opened-for-too-long wine last time I went, too. 

This is good though, I'm attempting to use my terrible food experiences to put me off that foodstuff altogether. Last takeaway pizza I ordered had mould on it. Not good stilton mould. Bite-into-a-pepper-AAA-what's-that-fluffy-blue-stuff mould. I still ate the rest of that pizza. I am not proud of this. But I'm remembering this every time I think about ordering pizza.

Forgot what day it is, so while I have been sticking to my menu I might have been eating Friday's food today instead of Thursday's. Ah well.

Thinking about pizza now.

Focusing on mouldy pizza, but tbh, I'd eat this guy.

205547-killer-pizza-movie.jpg

And I'd feel like a hero doing it, too.

I'mma go have some delicious non-pizza food now. Merry Thursday!

• Like 5

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Pizza Face looks like something from that show Face Off! (I love that show)

I used to go out with friends on Friday night for dinner, but I am having to skip it for now because I just can't trust myself yet. I think it's smart to avoid triggers until you get to that sweet spot where you know you have earned a small indulgence or you can resist temptation. I'm just not there yet. 

Happy Thursday! Stay strong!!

• Like 1

(Googles Face Off) THAT show! That looks cool! I really liked Jim Henson's Creature Shop, looks similar to that but with probably fewer Muppets!

Strong and mighty and majestic! 

(There was then going to be a gif of Jason Momoa's face superimposed over Aquaman's as he was riding through the air atop a fleet of flying fish. It was beautiful but I can't use that image extension on NF for whatever reason, so you're just going to have to imagine it.)

• Like 1

To-Do List

(There was then going to be a gif of Jason Momoa's face superimposed over Aquaman's as he was riding through the air atop a fleet of flying fish. It was beautiful but I can't use that image extension on NF for whatever reason, so you're just going to have to imagine it.)

I often do... 

And is it weird that pizza guy made me hungry? I think I have issues... But I wish I could hate pizza. Domino's Double Decadence should take responsibility for at least one of the extra stones I am carrying around. 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Hi Sara! Love your science challenge! I need to tidy up my craft stuff, but so I can do more crafty stuff! Is there room for another in your accountability group? Need all the help I can get this time around, as I'm determined to stay on track!

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I love your challenge goals! Also, the meals you posted sound delicious! it definitely makes eating healthy easier when you plan meals and eat the food you like! I'm sure you'll do great this challenge :victorious:

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Have overeaten today by about 400kcal. Not the end of the world, it's not enough to make me put ON weight, but a bit grumbly about it. Need to be really good tomorrow. Hi LadyWitch and Linsanity!

To-Do List

End of Week 1:

- Goal 1: Stuck to menu, had a little slip up yesterday but I think if I just create a recipe that involves enough chocolate for a sweet tooth fix but not enough to be over about 100kcal then I'm good. I like Nakd bars, but I tend to just eat the whole box in a day so it stops being so great. 

- Goal 2: Had at least a litre every day, and am happy that I've only had one drink that wasn't water or tea this week.

- Goal 3: 3/3 workouts completed, and might even do some yoga today with flatmates. Managed to deadlift 55kg for 5 reps on Friday, which was my 1RM in October and I'm excited to attempt something heavier at long last on Monday!

- Life Goal: Have been a bit preoccupied with my accountaflibbityflabbity group, cooking, etc this week, but it's only Sunday morning so I'm going to get on finishing that sculpture right after I've posted this!

@LadyWitch: Should be room, I'm happy with an extra person in my team (we just split into two teams of nine)! Link's in my signature!

• Like 1

To-Do List

Hmmmmm...

Gym today; managed to get 60kg off the ground five times in a vaguely deadlift-shaped movement, but I think I'm going to keep it at 60kg for another couple of workouts because it was pretty sloppy today. Need to work on stopping my knees knocking inwards. Won't add more weight until I get that sorted, and won't change my max deadlift until I can do it with proper form.

Also unsure about pauses between reps - I normally stand up and briefly stretch/wipe copious quantities of sweat off hands for a couple of seconds and then do the next rep, but maybe I should be trying to crank out a set of five in quicker succession.

I'm enjoying getting inspiration from other people's threads, I don't read enough threads most challenges.

Flatmate Yoga didn't happen. Flatmate Gravity Falls and Bob's Burgers did happen. But pizza also didn't happen so that's a plus. Nachos did happen. I'm going to edit my first post to add a Sunday menu so that nachos don't happen.

Edit: Keep forgetting to put everything in a post before I post it!

- Did not lose any weight this week. This is either because I was eating too much (unlikely, I've stuck to plan pretty rigidly and plan is carefully counted), or because my scales suck (they do), or because my start weight was measured after Hogmanay and a resulting all day hangover involving eating nothing and, well, all the things that accompany an all day hangover. Either way, I'm expecting that I'll see a change in the number this coming Sunday.

- Mitigation: Have now edited Sunday. Still a leftovers day, but with structure. 

Things to do this week:

- Mini (ooh, new mini today)

- Acquire more incense and try and make Flatmate Yoga a thing this week, even if there are no other flatmates participating

- Get a tennis ball and do painful things to my back muscles with it

- Continue finishing sculpture (adding 600 fingernails is proving more nerve-wracking than I anticipated. The longship the figurehead is for is Naglfar, the ship the undead sailed to Ragnarok in in Norse mythology. It is made of fingernails. I have false nails to use. It's creepy as hell and I love it.)

- Flog lots of craft supplies. Cry inside. 

- Inevitably, immediately find a use for all the craft supplies I manage to sell. Let it go and read some journal articles.

Onward to week 2!

• Like 4

To-Do List

On deadlifts: the standard I've heard and try to adhere to is "don't let go of the bar until the set is done." A little grip readjustment is OK. May require dropping the weight some.

I also had a stalled week for weight loss - first time in six months. Must be some strange fluctuation in the Earth's gravity. It's cool, trust the process, we'll make it.

Speaking of cool, that sculpture sounds like it is. The people demand pictures! OK, maybe that's just me.

• Like 2

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

On deadlifts: the standard I've heard and try to adhere to is "don't let go of the bar until the set is done." A little grip readjustment is OK. May require dropping the weight some.

That's what I was thinking. Going to try that next time, we'll see what weight I'm managing then.

There will be pictures! Just bought more wall filler to sculpt the eyes and nostrils and I can't wait to get home and make a mess with it!

• Like 1

To-Do List

That sculpture sounds epic. What do you do with the things you make? Do you keep them all for yourself or do you sell them or gift them?

Normally they gather dust in a half-finished state somewhere until I try to tidy and then they fall from a shelf and brain me...

Sometimes they're made for people -  I've got a massive dwarven beard with pretty pink bows in my cupboard at the moment that needs finished and given to a friend for her Christmas! But I usually just make them to see if I can. 

Would love to sell them, mostly so I know they've got a home and a safe place to be on display, but they do tend to fall apart since they're often constructed from leftover copies of the Metro and some sad mix of Poundland wood filler/pva glue/flour. I nicked the porthole from a giant squid sculpture I didn't finish for the base of this one, and that's made from cardboard and copper slug tape. (Steampunks! Get thee to ebay and buy copper slug tape! It's amazing! It's sellotape made of copper! And keeps your washing-up-liquid-bottle-pistol or whatever you make with it relatively free from ravenous molluscs.)

Challenge is still going well; forgot to drink enough water yesterday but I managed to go to Nando's and still stay within my calorie limit. Nice when that happens. I like when restaurants have their nutritional information online, means I can plan ahead. 

I have been underpants-gnoming all the journal articles on general marine ecology I can find, but I need to remember to focus on clearing out things from craft cupboard this week. I like this week's Adventurers mini since it ties into my plan for this week quite well. Not going to say no to an extra +1 Wis for putting in some more sorting effort.

• Like 4

To-Do List

Woot, can definitely do a continuous set of 5 x 45kg deadlifts with good form, no knee knocking, no pauses!

Managed 2 sets of 5 x 20kg bench presses but could only do 2 in the third set so I'm not counting that until I can do 3 x 5.

BUT I didn't fall over when I lay down on the bench. Yay.

Found a buyer for my spare yarn, so that'll be a fair chunk of space free in the lab. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish the sculpture this week, we've got a flat inspection coming up so I have to clean. But if I move that into my bedroom then I get the desk in the lab back and then I can make some real progress.

Overate yesterday by about 600kcal so today is a skinny day. What's nice about being pretty much dependent on pretend meat is that my default skinny dinner is a quorn steak, which is only 123kcal. There'll be rice and sweet chilli sauce or something, mind, but it's kind of satisfying saying "got to keep the calories low today, better have steak".

• Like 3

To-Do List

Overate yesterday by about 600kcal so today is a skinny day. What's nice about being pretty much dependent on pretend meat is that my default skinny dinner is a quorn steak, which is only 123kcal. There'll be rice and sweet chilli sauce or something, mind, but it's kind of satisfying saying "got to keep the calories low today, better have steak".

I really wish I could eat quorn, between you, Iggy and Mo Farah, I don't hear the end of it's benefits! 

(Sort of) glad to hear you've found a buyer for your spare yarn (I can also see how this would be gut wrenchingly sad though, I have so much and I still steal a ton off my mom) and good job on the lifts brah! 

• Like 1

I love the Mo Farah adverts because he sounds so much like he's reading from a bit of paper!

Managed to keep calories low yesterday. Also seem to be keeping them low today - bought vegetable soup, kind of looks like vomit, did not manage to finish vegetable soup, would like to never eat that vegetable soup again. I should invest in a good thermos that I can use for soup, and make something I actually want to eat. Tempted to work out a way to easily peel the Linda McCartney pretend scampi and use the nekkid pretend prawns in some sort of tasty seafood ramen dish.

The friend who is getting a beard for Christmas is coming over tonight, so I can finally finish the matching wig, and then a big hairy space-taker in my lab should be gone! And the beard, too. (She is neither big nor hairy. I am quite big and hairy though.)

OH GOD I saw 4 calorie noodles in Holland and Barrett. They look vile! Apparently they're a bit gelatinous but fine, but ribbon noodles look like tapeworms to me at the best of times and these are even more so. 

OOH now I really want to watch that episode of the X-Files where there's a humanoid fluke living in the sewers. I have a theory about that monster.

Screenshot74-2.jpgblogger-image-85872990.jpg

INDISTINGUISHABLE.

• Like 2

To-Do List

Mo Farrah is made of wood and has learned how to act from a robot, I am certain of this. 

I have also seen the horrible noodles. they are terrifying. I have never dared to try them either so if you ever pluck up the courage, do let me know! 

• Like 1

*sitting at work*

Hmm, am I going to work out today?

*putting on gym clothes*

Hmm, really not sure I can be bothered.

*walking into gym*

Kind of feel like a lazy day, to be honest.

*changing into gym shoes*

Well, not lazy, but my pecs have bad DOMS and, you know, don't wanna overdo it.

*doing warm up*

I mean, it's not like I'm quitting or anything, just taking it easy by chilling out this Friday.

*Finishing OH presses*

Yeah, definitely the kind of day where I'm just going to slouch about in these incredibly comfy gym trousers.

*Finishing front squats*

So comfy. Why would I want to ruin that by working out?

*Finishing deadlifts*

It's too cold to get sweaty today anyway.

*Finishing cool down*

Just going to have a nice stretch instead. Ahhhhh, yes.

*Sitting in office*

I think, as a strategy, sneaking off to do my routine while my brain tries to justify lounging about to itself is a good one, so far. 

So today was:

OH Press - 20kg - 2 x 5, 1 x 3 (then arms said no. I tried! Soon I will be able to do 3 x 5.)

Front squat - 25kg - 3 x 5 (I tried 30kg first, but I can't do the power clean to get the bar over my flaming jugs. Next time!)

Deadlift - 50kg - 1 x 5 (with good form and no pauses, again! Yay!)

I think. The biggest bars at the gym are 20kg, right? Was my first time using those ones today, I usually use the 15kg one because it's short and so am I. I feel a bond towards that bar and wish to name it Celia but I won't because it's a bar of metal. It doesn't even have googly eyes on it. Yet. 

Finding myself skipping breakfast more, because I'm ravenous by the time I get home from work regardless, I'm not that hungry till 3pm anyway, and I could go for an extra 200kcal at dinner. I also don't have snacks at my disposal at work, so I might as well save spare calories for when I am around temptation. Flatmates have started baking bread every day again. Smells so good. Still sticking to lunch and dinner menu though.

• Like 2

To-Do List

Great strategy.  Way to sneak that success in right under the nose of your inner self. 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I think. The biggest bars at the gym are 20kg, right?

Probably, yes. There are some manufacturers that make Olympic-sized bars that are only 35 lbs (about 16 kg), presumably because said manufacturers are vile and evil, but those are more often sold with home weight sets.

Good work, OHP is pretty much everybody's kryptonite. It's the lift where you're lifting away, having a great set, and then you try the next rep and it goes "nope, done now."

• Like 1

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge