Chromaggia Take Two

Chromaggia

I tried to take to the stage a couple of challenges ago, but I promptly fell off the edge and landed on my face. (Seriously I could hardly walk and ended up undoing months of physiotherapy.)

I'm very broken right now. I'm recovering from surgery and a serious injury from two years ago. I want to get fitter, I want more strength and less fat. I want to be able to walk further and lift my son with ease. Sadly the last few years have been a long list of things I can no longer do or am no longer permitted to do, and I'm tired of making what I think are reasonable goals only to be told "no, you can't do that." I guess my aim is to feel like I've achieved something, anything at all. It felt like I was aiming low last time and that proves too much so I'm aware that this seems like I'm hardly aiming for anything at all. At my current walking pace it'd take me 10 years to get to the Grey Havens, but damn it I'm gonna get there.

Goal 1:
Walk at least 5 miles per week. (STA 3)
This may change to steps per day if my fitbit ever turns up in the mail.

Goal 2:
Do my physiotherapy exercises every day. (STR 2)

Goal 3:
Track food intake every day. (CON 2)

Life Quest:
Spend at least an hour improving the home environment per day. (WIS 3)

Motivation:
I don't want to wear a 'people suit' anymore, I want to actually own this body, as broken as it is, and be a human being again. I need something I can be proactive about. Something to aim for. Some kind of structure.

Level 1 -::- Nome Face-Dancer -::- Wannabe Druid

STR 2 | STA 2.9 | DEX 0.3 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

Lose 20lb (200lb starting weight)

75%
75%
"Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will."

you should have given me a linky so I didn't havw to search to find ya!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey Chromaggia

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. No more stage dives for now, okay?

If your physiotherapy exercises are anything like mine were, they're boring. Am I right? (If not, yay! I found mine so tedious to do). If I am, yes keep doing them. Try to find ways to make them fun if you can.

Do you have a smartphone. They're not usually entirely accurate but there are a lot of free pedometer apps out there that could help stave off the weight for your fitbit to arrive.

What home environment improvement plans do you have in mind. Are they physical or mental changes?

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I completely understand the injury stuff. Had a few myself that left me with chronic pain. So I totally empathize. It is so frustrating! 

I've discovered I have to do a fraction of what I am capable of and work up extremely slow. I have yet to be able to do all the things I could do before, but I can do some of them, and I just hold onto that and make adjustments. 

Tracking your diet is a good idea! 80% of the battle is diet. A solid diet and some activity will get you where you want to be! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

you should have given me a linky so I didn't havw to search to find ya!

Sorry AlienJenn! I'm still struggling with the forums on my iPad!

Hey Chromaggia

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. No more stage dives for now, okay?

If your physiotherapy exercises are anything like mine were, they're boring. Am I right? (If not, yay! I found mine so tedious to do). If I am, yes keep doing them. Try to find ways to make them fun if you can.

Do you have a smartphone. They're not usually entirely accurate but there are a lot of free pedometer apps out there that could help stave off the weight for your fitbit to arrive.

What home environment improvement plans do you have in mind. Are they physical or mental changes?

Yep deeply deeply boring! I want some kind of exciting 80s rock driven montage of physiotherapy, but this month it consists of standing on tip-toe and standing on one leg, it's difficult to make that exciting! (Considering getting the wii balance board out and seeing if I can use any of the program's on that for balance practice)

Fortunately the fitbit turned up at 8am this morning, in 13 hours I've managed 5,500 steps, and today was a really active day for me!

Home improvements range from doing a stocktake for my business (self employed artist) to painting to help PTSD to sorting out various charity donations. Mostly it's physical changes to help my mental state.

I completely understand the injury stuff. Had a few myself that left me with chronic pain. So I totally empathize. It is so frustrating! 

I've discovered I have to do a fraction of what I am capable of and work up extremely slow. I have yet to be able to do all the things I could do before, but I can do some of them, and I just hold onto that and make adjustments. 

Tracking your diet is a good idea! 80% of the battle is diet. A solid diet and some activity will get you where you want to be! 

Good luck!

Yeah, so often the problem with chronic pain is not being able to do something today that you could do yesterday (and might be able to do tomorrow). I used to deal with a lot of my pain via yoga but I'm not safe to do it at the moment and it's making me twitchy.

I'm finding it really hard to control my diet, my brain thinks I can combat exhaustion with food and it really doesn't work that way :P

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%
"Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will."

the WII fit resort has some cool balance games that use the board... 

and no worried... I found you now :) NEXT time though put a linky so people can follow you! :) it helps to have people follow you... I have friends who have followed me since the beginning (2 years now) and it's awesome!

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thinking of making my weekly step target 40,000 since 5,500 steps a day seems to be close to my safe limit at the moment.

My hour of life improvement today involved clearing out the freezer. Very interesting lesson in labelling stuff and checking dates more than once a year. Now to make healthy meals with mystery foods!

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%
:) that's one of the good things about not having any money this month to do extra shopping. ... I've found the bottom of my freezer

Spoiler

welcome back and awfully sorry to hear about your injuries.  How'd the week go?

You might notice that someone has added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Adventurers to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks Blaidd!

Week 1-

Steps - 31,147 not quite at my goal lol

Physio - everyday, hurts like hell

Food tracking - everyday, struggling to stay under calorie goal on myfitnesspal

Life quest - 1 or more hours of active improvement done everyday. Kitchen looks great but has little food in it :P

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%

get more food dude!!!

physio should get easier :D

Spoiler

Week 2-

Steps - 47,996 over the target!

Physio - same as last week

Food tracking - everyday, over one day.

Life quest - still not much food, business inventory done.

Today I got to go in the gym for physiotherapy for the first. Mostly doing exercises on a balance board between parallel bars. It's not much but after 18 months it's nice to feel like there's some progress at last

• Like 1

Challenge

80 miles in 6 weeks

0%
0%

75%
75%