• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tomkai

TomKai Back Again

Last time started off with high ambitions, but the semester got the better of me. But I'm back! Perhaps I'm a bit less ambitious, but these are plans I can stick to.

Exercise:

1 - Restructure my workout to fit my current schedule. I've got boxing class and soccer games on Sunday, so Monday I need to rest. Wednesday, I think I'll hit the gym for individual boxing practice, along with some weights. Friday I have soccer practice, but I'd also like to mix in some upper body work. Not set in stone of course.

2 - Continue running Tuesday/Thursdays. I met my goal of a sub 24:30 5k time last challenge. Now, I want to bump it up to 10k of continuous running, no specific time constraints at the time.

3 - Kill sodas. I've gone on a backslide and picked up drinking sodas more frequently. One a week is cool (I've realized I work better with out a hard rule against), but I don't need more than that. I also need to reduce fast food a bit more. I'm having trouble getting to the grocery to pick up good food, but this can be fixed with just planning ahead.

Life goal:

1 - Make strides to getting a job. Graduation is coming up (not long after the end of the challenge. Not sure I can believe it).

What's obviously missing:

I've dropped my pull up and meditation goals that I've struggled with over the past two challenge. I'll pick these up again as official goals next challenge, and I'll continue working on improving them, but I just need to get a change of pace going before I dominate them next time.

Edited by tomkai

Weeeeellll. That didn't exactly go as planned. School and a girlfriend took over my life. Life was good, but my fitness levels now are not (well sort of). I must have developed some great habits, because I'm down below 200 lbs for the first time since I've been in high school. My running ability is way down, but I'm working my way back up. I'll track that and whatever full body exercise I decided to do in my workout log. Also, no job yet, so I've got plenty of time on my hands for self improvement (and finding a job). I'll be back into the challenges full force come the new year, and until then, I'll be awesoming all over the place (I might be on an "Always Sunny" kick).

Sign in to follow this