The Assassins' Den (chat)

Batwoman

TtKQZ0R.gif

Me walking in like week 3 didn't happen.

Week 3 was (hopefully) my going to hell week. So I'll be very active here now I'm back feeling energised and on course, anybody who needs a week four coach or buddy let me know!

*nods in agreement

1xgcn1.gif

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I'm going to pat myself on the back a little bit here.  I had a rough weeks 2 and 3, but I've already worked out three times this week: arm YAYOG workout, leg YAYOG workout, and hatha yoga.  I've also been pretty good at my routines, which is one of my goals. Hope everyone else is killing it this week!  It's almost friday!

1289113328324_4789837.png

• Like 2

Train so your heroes become your peers.

Hey I've got a question about the BBWW. Once I can do all of the exercises to the reps in the list, would it be acceptable to just keep doing it but adding dumbbell weight to all of the exercises except those that wouldn't use it, the push-ups and planks. For those, increasing reps / seconds works.

So whaddya think? I'm comfortable with the routine and am using the type of dumbells that add weight discs.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Edited to add: I'm aiming to build muscle as opposed to endurance.

• Like 2

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Hey I've got a question about the BBWW. Once I can do all of the exercises to the reps in the list, would it be acceptable to just keep doing it but adding dumbbell weight to all of the exercises except those that wouldn't use it, the push-ups and planks. For those, increasing reps / seconds works.

So whaddya think? I'm comfortable with the routine and am using the type of dumbells that add weight discs.

To foster pure strength gains while sticking to the BBWW circuit, heavier weight with the dumbbells is a good idea. In contrast, increasing reps is generally more of a hypertrophy or endurance driven strategy. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

To foster pure strength gains while sticking to the BBWW circuit, heavier weight with the dumbbells is a good idea. In contrast, increasing reps is generally more of a hypertrophy or endurance driven strategy.

Ah, good point. I hadn't said which I was aiming for - strength or endurance. I'm aiming for strength/building muscle.

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Alternately - move to more difficult variations of the movements that have become too easy.  There are progressions for most things out there!  We have people who are way more versed in bodyweight here, so if you state which movements have become too simple, I bet they'll offer more difficult options for you!

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Alternately - move to more difficult variations of the movements that have become too easy.  There are progressions for most things out there!  We have people who are way more versed in bodyweight here, so if you state which movements have become too simple, I bet they'll offer more difficult options for you!

This is true as well. I believe there is virtue in both, especially if you're looking to challenge ROM/flexibility and/or vary your workout. 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Start Bodyweight has the best intro level progression scheme I've seen.  There are lots of other variations, but this one covers all the basics and has tutorials for a lot of them.

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Start Bodyweight has the best intro level progression scheme I've seen. There are lots of other variations, but this one covers all the basics and has tutorials for a lot of them.

I second this! I've been using Start Bodyweight and been making progress I'm very pleased with. I did have to tweak the pull-up progression, but the progressions are very well put together and explained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok new scale! Consistent across the bathroom lol. But shows 1kg heavier than old scale :-( the old scale also shows a 600g gain on yesterday, after a damn good day. I know I know, fluctuation, numbers, drank lots of watee, blah blah blah, but still. Goddamit.

Current Challenge: 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/63003-aella-travels-to-bree/

Level 3 | STR 8 | STA 1 | DEX 7 | CON 5 | 

Ok new scale! Consistent across the bathroom lol. But shows 1kg heavier than old scale :-( the old scale also shows a 600g gain on yesterday, after a damn good day. I know I know, fluctuation, numbers, drank lots of watee, blah blah blah, but still. Goddamit.

New scale means recalibrations will be happening, don't sweat it. The big square touch sensor can't gauge overall health and fitness. But you know that. Chin up and carry on with your new measuring device, it'll be just fine with all your hard work!

• Like 4

Compliments of 'winter storm Linus' - a little Monday morning Assassins Creed impersonation!

• Like 3

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

<3 snow

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1