Fonzico stops being lame and is AWESOME instead.

Fonzico

@DF: well whatever it is, I hope it's working! Because it's driving me nuts in the meantime.

@nordicgiraffe: thanks, my friend!

Whole 30 is still going really well. I've concluded that the thing I miss most is cured meat. Over 1/3 of the way done though! :)

No activity accomplished yesterday :( I was so tired for some reason, ended up just going to bed early.

No further progress on the bedroom either, but I've got lots of time yet, plus I'm ahead, so I'm not to worried.

No new dreams to report, thankfully, unless you count the one last night where my coffee grinder stopped working. Not W30 related, but still irritating! Why do I have such random, mundane yet apparently memorable dreams?

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Week Two Day Three:

Whole 30 followed

15 mins of yoga.

I attempted to make paleo maki:

Lumpy, but the taste was great! I used guacamole to replace the rice, and added smoked salmon, cucumber, green onion and spicy mayo. 142e7fe3f6cb5a6a13ebb62b5f864d80.jpg

• Like 2

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

So I was surprised to learn when I got home from work last night that we were going out for supper with my in-laws. In fairness to my husband, his mom usually contacts me about plans, and he didn't realize I didn't know about it. But it sent me into a bit of a tizzy, since I didn't have a plan for what I could eat (And I so hate being "that" person at a restaurant! So I kind of avoid them on Whole30.)

Fortunately, they chose a steak house, and I called ahead to see what sort of modifications I was going to have to ask for. Fortunately, they cook all their steak and vegetables in olive oil by default, so that made me feel much better. And then when we got there, I found out that they had a tuna tartare appetizer that I could get without the sauce, so it was just tuna, avocado, sesame seeds and chives. That made my night! I knew I was going to be so sad when everyone else was eating calamari and baked brie and crab cakes, but at least I got to have something delicious also. And better than the sad "Hold the cheese, hold the dressing, hold the nuts" salad I was planning to order :) And actually the staff were super accommodating and not at all snarky about the whole dietary restriction thing. It was so nice.

Okay, so kind of a funny story.. I read this article like a year ago or so; it's totally unscientific and circumstantial but interesting concept nevertheless - that it is possible when we are losing weight for the fat in our cells to be temporarily replaced with water - which could explain why people will diet and not lose weight for a week or two, and then suddenly drop multiple pounds overnight. 

So anyways - I lost about 4lbs of water weight when I first started Whole30 (Yes, I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself on w30, so sue me :P) and then went over a week with exactly zero change. Then yesterday I was peeing constantly. From about 6:30 yesterday until about 1pm today... I peed at least 12 times. Woke up 3 or 4 times in the night. And like... fairly large amounts too, every time. And of course, I was 1.5lbs down this morning, and probably will be more tomorrow. It's funny! I don't know if this guy's theory holds any water (pun totally intended) but it makes sense... and is kind of comforting when you know you're doing everything right and not seeing regular movement on the scale. 

• Like 1

Level 20

Well, I'm not sure what you can do to speed up the release, but it'll be great when it happens! I was correct in my assumption, I am down another 1.2lbs today, for a total of 6.6 for the challenge so far. (Although I kind of feel like the first few doesn't really count, I was just SO bloated!)

So another nice thing about yesterday which I forgot to report: Every Friday at my office, we take turns and two different people bring in some snacks. Now normally it's a mix of junkish food and usually some reasonably healthy stuff, but never W30 approved. Well, for the first time today, not only was there raw veggies, but there was even compliant salsa! Obviously I couldn't have the chips, but I filled up a couple mini peppers with salsa, and had some cherry tomatoes. It was yet another nice surprise!

• Like 2

Level 20

So I got a fitbit today! Just the little "Zip" clip on one, not the fancy wristband. I was kind of concerned about false tracking with a wrist band since I move my hands around a lot at work... And also I'm cheap, and I happened to have a gift card that was enough to cover the cost of the cheapest one [emoji14]

I noticed the pedometer on my phone was good motivation for me to keep moving, but it was annoying me that it wasn't terribly accurate since I don't carry my phone with me for a lot of the time.

So there; solution.

In other news, here's the Art Project du jour:

4924076d540a5d75e86b0ab4db7a9169.jpg

• Like 3

Level 20

Alright, so I dealt with the closet shelf (aka the giant pile of randomness), so not only am I caught up for this week, but I have next week's task, the shelving unit, done already. :)

Here's the closet now:

dfc46942437903b0c3025595d0490660.jpg

I swear I have before pictures (that will shock and disgust you!) somewhere.. Maybe on my old phone, I'll have to try and retrieve them.

I also did a "proper" workout yesterday; I'm still working up to my old levels, but I did more than last time!

100 swings

3x5 clean and press

Squats (weight in one hand, 5 reps per side per set)

Deadlifts

3 sun salutations

• Like 1

Level 20

Way to go on all fronts - and welcome to the world of fitness trackers. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm now on tracker #3 - my replacement FitBit fell off my wrist last month and I just got a new one - a Misfit Flex - from my new insurance company. Supposedly, I can earn $20 a month through my insurance company if I hit my step counts using this thing.  

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I made the riceless maki again last night, but with ahi tuna this time. It's good!

I keep meaning to sit down and do my week two update, but I keep getting distracted! Sorry about that.. Everything is going well though, lots of good food, lots of pre bed yoga, can't complain.

I'm loving the fitbit too, I am finding it very motivational!

• Like 1

Level 20

...can we be fitbit friends? I have none as of yet :/ don't even know how to set it up

Of course! I don't have any friends either [emoji14] I will pm you my email, and then I think you can invite me from the fitbit webpage?

Level 20

WEEK TWO SUMMARY

Goal Number One:

Complete the Whole 30 as designed. Follow reintro protocol for the remaining time in the challenge after the 30 days. 

1 pt per successful day / 42 possible points

A : 42 pts   B :38+pts    C :34+pts    D : 30+pts    F : <30pts

7 pts achieved. No problems here. 100% compliance is SO much easier than 80%! My biggest concern right now is the number of "Well, after my Whole30" plans my husband and I keep making. 

Goal Number Two:

Do something. Anything "active". Every day. Doesn't need to be anything crazy - 10 mins of yoga or a nice walk will do. Obviously a proper workout is even better. Just gotta keep it going! 

1 pt per successful day / 42 possible points

A : 38+pts   B :32+pts    C :26+pts    D : 20+pts    F : <20pts

5 pts achieved. I really don't have a good excuse for the two days I missed, but excuses aside, it's an improvement over last week! Mostly I relied on doing 10-15 mins of yoga before bed, although I did get one "proper" workout in. 

Goal Number Three: 

Clean. My. Damn. Bedroom. 

I actually made some good progress on this over the holidays, but I mustn't let it go to waste! Now that the majority of the clothes are off the floor, I can make a proper plan for organizing the rest of it, rather than the nebulous plans I've made (and failed to follow through with) in the past.

Week One: Closet Floor

Week Two: Closet Shelf

Week Three: Shelving Unit

Week Four: Dresser

Week Five: Remaining Misc Areas

Week Six: Deep Clean (Baseboards, wash floor, light fixture, etc.)

1 pt per completed task / 6 possible points

A : 6pts   B :5pts    C :4pts    D : 3pts    F : <3pts

3+ points achieved - the awesome continues. My closet is now 100% clean from floor to ceiling. The shelving unit is done, and the dresser drawers have been sorted. Getting there!

Another solid week, and already going strong for week three! 

Level 20

So, what I get for saying I was done with the dreams, is getting a whopper of one last night! It was one of those dream within a dream things, where I ate something I shouldn't, woke up, was like "oh, thank goodness, that was just a dream" and then ate something else, and was like "oh no! This time it's real life!" And then I woke up for real.

In more exciting news, I got some oxtail from the butcher, and now I have some bone broth simmering away! My house smells gorgeous.

• Like 1

Level 20

So, what I get for saying I was done with the dreams, is getting a whopper of one last night! It was one of those dream within a dream things, where I ate something I shouldn't, woke up, was like "oh, thank goodness, that was just a dream" and then ate something else, and was like "oh no! This time it's real life!" And then I woke up for real.

In more exciting news, I got some oxtail from the butcher, and now I have some bone broth simmering away! My house smells gorgeous.

Oooh Whole 30 Inception!  Grats on really waking up... or did you?

And even more grats on the delicious smelling house :D

• Like 1

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Aaaaaand another one last night. This time it was buttered white toast, and I was even thinking about how I was going to tell you guys... "Guess who's doing a Whole 50!"

And least waking up and realizing that it wasn't real is nice.

• Like 1

Level 20

Lol. That is some craziness! How did the bone broth turn out?

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||

So I'm sick again. Like super sick. Like I tried to go into work, and they were like "what are you doing here, go home!" sick.

Boo. I guess the bone broth was well timed though. It turned out okay.. I don't think it's going to gel, but hopefully it's nourishing anyways. Ive made a quick beef and veggie soup with it and some of the shredded beef I had stashed in the freezer, and it's good.

Level 20

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO being sick. But, at least you have bone broth to see yourself through. 

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

||Char/RPG||

Well, I went back to work today, even though I still kind of felt like I'd been run over by a bus. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for sticking out with Whole30 while I was feeling super craptastic, for the SECOND time in three weeks! I was generally inclined towards whiny-ness and craving comfort food like mad... but I managed by resorting to a homemade smoothie at my worst, and making soup as soon as I was able. So it all worked out. 

Thanks for the sympathy though! Hopefully this runs its course so soon. 

My step count is going to be sadly low for this week, but the one good thing is that today is a good measure of my baseline - Walking to and from my car/work/home, going to the bathroom a couple times, and walking to the staff lounge at lunch, plus whatever wandering I do around my house is all that is going to happen today, so I will know for the future how many steps are from extra effort/activities and how much is from the usual non-negotiable walking. 

• Like 1

Level 20