Akkina takes the plunge!

Akkina

My Journey begins today!!!

Level 1-Adventurer

Hello all! My name is Akkina(Ah-Kina) and I am 22 years old and I live on the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska with my small pack of dogs alongside my mate. But my life has not always been so easy, not at all, it hasn't always been so perfect and easy as it is now. Not that this journey is easy, but it, in comparison to some of the things I have been through, but enough of that. ON WITH THE INTRODUCTIONS!

I am a level 1 human adventurer, who is going to train hard to become an...Dun dun dun...Assassin! It is a long ways away for me, but it is something I am going to work hard to get to. I am currently around 250 lbs and 5 foot five inches tall. My goal is to loose about 80 lbs of weight, but more importantly I would like to tone and build muscle so that I can feel stronger again.

Having gone through some rough patches, mostly relationship wise, including having a pretty emotionally abusive boyfriend for almost 2 years, then a short, dramatic relationship, and then own to finding the love of my life. I have always been heavy, it runs in my family, but I ballooned up in weight during highschool rather suddenly which brought along a very rough bit of super low self-esteem, which only compounded up when I got together with Ex-boyfriend A whom I was with for almost 2 years, he was emotionally abusive and manipulative, making me feel like I was not good enough, or that I was ugly. It wasn't until I reached a point that I realized a few things.

I am the only one living my life, so it's my responsability to do something about it.

I don't need a man to make me happy, I can make MYSELF happy.

If you don't like something about your life, then CHANGE it!

So, it started something in me that I had never experienced, I changed my whole life essentially, I dumped him, I changed how I dressed, I changed some of my friends, I did amazing things. I worked out like crazy for almost three months. Boyfriend 2 came a long and my health plans went out the window like you wouldn't believe, it was a passionate, brief affair but alas wasn't meant to be.

My current relationship is with a wonderful man that I'll call Ghost, he is currently in Basic Training for Army National Guard, and he is wonderful to me. But, he is in much better shape

than I am, and I would like to be able to keep pace with him a little bit so I can hike and enjoy the summer when he returns from training in June.

So, phase 1 of my training shall commence hence forth!

Part 1- Build muscle! +2 ST +2 STA

1. Do Body weight work outs to begin. X3 a week!

2. Add a little cardio, it's good for you! X2 a week

Part 2-Flexibility! +2 AGI

1. Yoga! Build up that flexibility! X2 a week

2. Begin basic steps for parkour, simple things first!

Part 3- Mindset! +2 WIS +2 CON

1. No Assassin is willy nilly in their emotions, work on keeping it cool!

2. Mind my words, to be good at my job I should mind what I say a little more often.

3. Keep good notes on how I am feeling about everything. I tend to get discouraged and don't keep up with my threads and such.

I will be trying to post once a day or so on how things went, my mental state and if I did anything interesting. I will assign EXP at the end of every day, with points towards spending time with myself, physical training, mental training and hobbies.

Signing off for tonight,

Akkina the Magnificent!

• Like 1

Awooooooooo! Howling the moon!!

Your friendly local werewolf.

Eeeeee someone that lives in Alaska!

It is one of my life goals to go to Alaska. Someday. Someday.

What body weight workout are you planning to do? Same question for cardio :)

If you don't have the app already, are app-inclined and are into gamification of habits, may I recommend HabitRPG?

I'm finding it to be a useful tool for for getting that instant gratification hit when achieving things.

Level 0 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Oh! Wow you think I would have put that all in rofl. Right now I am just starting out with the Basic Body Weight work out to begin with. Ah and for cardio/other exercise I used to run, it's something I enjoyed very much and I'd love to get back to it. Yay Zombies! Run.

I am app inclined but I haven't heard of that one...*wanders away to look it up*

If you ever come up here just shoot me a message! It's tons of fun!

So I got ready for tomorrow and the first day! Went shopping and bought groceries finally, and I took it one step further.

I...organized and cleaned my fridge!!!!

I also did things like preportioned out things like almonds, cashews, celery and carrots for easy snacking even. Super proud of myself!

Hi there!!

I’m Chris-Tien Jinn, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. Despite the name, we are a VERY friendly guild, filled with people who enjoy a wide variety of activities and fitness goals!

For more information about the guild, stop by the Info & Announcements thread.  Also, check out the Assassin's Phonebook, which lists the names of people who are working on various aspects of fitness and life changes.  This is a great place to connect with someone who is working on goals similar to yours.  Don't be shy about following them or sending a message if you have questions!!!   

You can also stop by the Assassin's Den - a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introduce yourself.  You can always ask questions there, but I warn you that we tend to be pretty silly there and love to post gifs …. especially of cute animals!!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, let me know.  You can grab my attention by using the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top right of the screen).

Someone from the Assassin's Guild will stop by every week to check on your progress, but don't be a stranger!!  The most successful people around here reach out and get support from others - novices and veterans alike!  A great place to meet up with other (new) Assassins is in the Assassin Initiates Accountabilities Group   - stop by when you have a chance!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Day 1

Had a good day, did a kettle bell work out that totally kicked my ass but it was a good thing and I had some fun. Not great on my eating as it was my day off work but it wasn't too bad.

Weighed myself to see where I am starting at. 237.4lbs, not all the way back at my starting weight from a year ago so that's good.

Woot for day 2!!

Grade for today- A

post-29006-14205339993117_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Good Job Babe!!!!!!!! You've got this, start of strong, finish well!!!!!!

Bwahahaha so awesome to see you here ;)

Someone's gotta run with this silky werewolf on frigid alaskan nights huh? Laugh at me when I howl at the moon.

4c186f7c366ee002f150acfb525c6f2a.jpg

Finally calories, with exercise...I may need to eat more.

80f7a699d5144aaa945de81129a7ba60.jpg

Water, woot woot! This is my hardest one by far.

e95b007ce120f253fedd12865c6da1c1.jpg

And the pedometer from my phone, so close!

All in all it was a good day, I wrote a letter to my boyfriend for my writing, I packed lunch this morning, and got in a bit of exercise. Even if it was a walk at 10:30 pm in 6 degree weather...eh no one said I was smart. After all I have a fur coat to keep me warm!

Grade for day 2-

B

As I had a diet pepsi, but all in all, good day!

Here is my summary for day 3-

45c21c10863113dcdf9b6abfe97dd12c.jpg

Calories, with a other 55 minute walk.

9c21faaa5cdaecb5faf0dba5b00f3ab3.jpg

Water! Woot woot!

9271e47fcaa126ff60aea1f1f1ecb4ec.jpg

And my walking, which wasn't too bad all in all considering.

Also, I need some help guys!

For my writing goal I had an idea and started a story, a post apocalyptic world where we either polluted the world into our own demise, or had a massive war, or plague? My main character has escaped somewhere she referred to as the Place, a concrete and chain link place where she was kept. She is being chased down by a man called Warden, who has yellow eyes like a wolf, and his pack of human/hound dog hybrids, though she has never seen a hound dog she knew what they sounded like.

She needs a name, and do you guys have any ideas?

Maybe I'll post chunks of this story if your interested.

Less than a week ago I was being flown into Abel township on a helicopter for a mission, though I did not know the specifics. During our flight, just as Abel came into view, and over a small forest the helicopter was struck by a rocket and we quickly went down. When I came to I was the only survivor, the woman who had been piloting and the other man were dead. I could hear Zoms nearby and managed to drag myself free. The headset I'd been wearing during the flight managed to pick up a signal from Abel and a young man named Sam Yao was able to help me escape, though the other residents were far from helpful and welcoming. I had to make a run into the small town in search of medicine so they would even let me inside. Thankfully though I managed it, and Sam led me back to safety.

Janine, the doctor decided I showed great promise as a runner, and began to train me with the permission of Runner 7, whose name I have not caught, though I do know that he is the lead Runner. It is my second day, and I am really enjoying the work.

I believe Sam cared greatly for the old Runner 5, he gifted me her backpack today, there were still a few chocolate bars inside, but he sounded so sad when he told me...

Signed,

Akkina, the new Runner 5.

• Like 1

Nice job with the tracking!  It's good accountability to post those screenshots for the world to see.

Hope the rest of week 2 was awesome!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks guys!

I finished the first week of Zombies, run! 5k, and got some super exciting news, I am participating in a 5k in August for work, I am soooo excited!!!

I opted to take two days off of tracking, I had a party for my coworkers last day and then a big dinner tonight, though I've kept a mental tab, and I have been tracking water and steps still though.

Also found out that Six to Start has a new app out called the 7 minute Superhero work out. It sounds super fun so I bought it, it ran me about 2.99.

Have an awesome rest of week 2!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 5k!  Good motivation to keep training!

I hear that superhero workout is pretty fun, you'll have to share your thoughts.

Keep on rocking it!  And don't forget to level up at the end of the week. ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

The challenge is almost over and we haven't seen you in awhile - but I hope you're just too busy rocking it out there to post.  Remember - you don't have to be perfect, just a little bit better than the you of yesterday.  Hope you'll be back soon to wrap up with us!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads