Miscellaneous Beings Intent on Losing Weight

Super Awesome!  

1.)  Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! Here's me.  I still have about 75 pounds to lose.  I've had some great successes but it's gets harder every time.  This challenge in particular I anticipate to be difficult because I let so many of my habits slide over the break and being with family for holidays.  Here is my thread.  

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. I think my goals are SMART.  I've quantified my expectations when appropriate and left some room for interpretation too.  We'll see how it goes.  

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! I may or may not use a food log.  I used MyFitnessPal a couple challenges ago and it went well.  But I'm a creature of habit and I eat mostly the same foods.  I'm not sure I'd benefit from it this time around.  I may just open a can of worms that detracts from business.  I plan to fill in some holes where my habits have gone awry, create some new habits, and continue some that are going well.  Respectively - cut back on carbs after lunch, eat my veggies, and workout - this time with Neila Rey - daily (link in my challenge).  I don't follow a strict paleo diet but I do limit processed grains.  But this has gotten the better of me over the break.  If I focus on dinner and snacks after lunch I will get more results.  

4.) How are you tracking your progress? I got a new scale for Christmas with the bio impedance BF% tracking.  I'll be weighing in daily and comparing bf% from the beginning and the end of the challenge.  i have previously used calipers to track bf%.  I know neither is really reliable but I just need 1 thing to consistently be unreliably.  And the MR is tired of helping with the calipers.  We're never sure he's getting it right.  

5.) What do you most want accountability for? Everything?   check-ins are good.  I think I will have the hardest time with evening carbs.  I've gradually let my habits deteriorate so I am undoing that.  

I'm excited to have found a group.  I'll spend some time tonight catching up on your threads. 

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I've been in some big accountabilibuddy groups before. It can get hectic, but fun! So here goes my post...

1.)  Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! I'm wovercast. 31 year old with a wife and 2 yr old son. I'm trying to be a good role model for both of them! You can find my challenge here and my battle log here.

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. Yup, very measurable, attainable goals!

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! I am going to lose weight by tracking calories and macros using My Fitness Pal, intermittent fasting every day (11am - 7pm eating window), and strength training 3x a week.

4.) How are you tracking your progress? I weigh in every Friday morning on a scale at work. I have been doing this for almost 6 years now (crazy amount of data). I keep track in an Excel spreadsheet. More recently I have also started taking tape measurements based on this website. I have another spreadsheet, where I input the measurements, and it uses all 5 formulas, averages them and finds the standard deviation. The average is the number I use for my official body fat percentage. I also track my strength gains by logging all my workouts and doing 1 rep maxes at regular intervals. My next milestone will be 1,000 lb total for squat + bench press + deadlift. :)

5.) What do you most want accountability for? The more people I know are following my challenge the more pressure I will feel to post on a regular basis and not slip up!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that link for body fat %.  I might give that a try too.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I would love to join the big group or the other if it splits into two! I just posted my challenge here:
 http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58972-e-mo-is-heading-back-to-the-real-world/#entry1328363

(sorry - I have yet to learn how to make nice little links)

1.)  Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! - Hi! I am Erin. I am an avid traveler and nurse/nurse practitioner to little kiddos. I finished grad school, traveled to India and SEAsia for 2 months and then moved from 2 different states in a two month period. Now my real life has begun. 

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. I succeeded well with my first challenge's goals, alas lack of time and stress got the best of me. I think my goals are quite do-able.  

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! I am getting back into the swing of working out. I was able to run about 4 miles, and now am back to square one. I want to do cardio 2-3 times a week, as well as some workout videos at home. I am a big fan of fitnessblender videos. Though paleo was great, I really like quinoa and other healthy grains. I am trying to count calories and eat only whole foods (or "eat clean"). Also, the temptation to go out to eat all the time is HUGE here. I want to limit my spending, drinking, and, eating out. In whole, this should help shed pounds. 

4.) How are you tracking your progress? I will use MyFitnessPal daily and weigh myself weekly. I will do a mid-point measurement check, as well as a post-challenge check. 

5.) What do you most want accountability for? I work better and harder when I am being supported and graded. The first challenge was a huge success using googledocs to put in my food/exercise daily. I also really love using the accomplishments of others as motivation.

Any room to join one of the groups??

• Like 1

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

Sure thing, E_Mo, good to have you!

Here's our spreadsheet! Find your name (or add your name if you turn up after I post this comment) and fill in things! See Group Captain Exampleface's example for, er, an example. 

I'll edit the first post on this thread to share that link there for easy access.

Hope everyone's having a good day one!

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Hi new acountibilibuddies! Welcome to the group :)

So...I went on a first date this evening and ended up having four glasses of wine. HOW HAVE I MESSED UP SO EARLY?! Feel like I've had a false start! haha.

S

• Like 2

Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers.

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%

First dates don't count.  You're good.  

• Like 2

Accountabiddlydoodlies should probably be added to Oxford/Websters  based on sheer awesomeness.  I've never done an official challenge but I've had a lot of false starts that spark out depressingly fast - trying to do too much, too grandious too TOO.  This time I'm going for reasonable goals that look like chump work but that I don't even do NOW because I know they will move me in the right direction.   

1.) Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! My name is Shellsan and here is my challenge. My current main goal is to lose 15% body weight by my birthday in May.  It ends up being about 30lbs (will do calculations when i weight/measure myself tonight)

2.) Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. I'm focused on being mindful and taking manageable steps - I know that diet/nutrition is 90% of the battle.  So stopping junk/fast food and paying attention to how I'm treating my body is where I need to focus. 

3.) Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! By tracking my food intake, I will be more mindful about what I'm putting in my body.  A big challenge for me is "exhausted eating" where I am hungry but dead tired and I end up going down the horrible path of least resistance. 

4.) How are you tracking your progress? I'm going to use MyFitnessPal to track my food. I have a fitbit to track my walking and the gimlet eyed stare of my roommate to make sure I'm not going on a french fry binge. I will also track my weight and measurements via a really cool spreadsheet a woman in the NFA womens group developed.  I can share the link to the google doc if anyone is interested.  The spreadsheet has weekly tabs for weight/measurement updates

5.) What do you most want accountability for? I need maintain a pretty consistent level of motivation that balances my general laziness.  I realize that a lot of the "testicular fortitude" that it takes to start my epic quest of awesomeness has to come from within myself... but I really need my own Fellowship for when the road gets tough.

• Like 1

Shellsan

Race: Satyr  |  Class:  Adventurer
[Level: 1 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0]

Challenges:  Current Challenge

Accountibillibuddies:  MISC RPG Fanatics

Hmm... this is looking like a big group... I was interesting in joining one.  If this one splits let me know?  I rather feel like I would be adding to an overburned group if I join now, but don't see many others "recruiting" as it where.  This is my first challenge, so maybe I just don't know how to find open groups!  Thanks!

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

Hmm... this is looking like a big group... I was interesting in joining one.  If this one splits let me know?  I rather feel like I would be adding to an overburned group if I join now, but don't see many others "recruiting" as it where.  This is my first challenge, so maybe I just don't know how to find open groups!  Thanks!

I think if the group feels it is getting too big that we'll split it then. You don't want to get overwhelmed on your first challenge but you don't have to follow EVERYONE in the group if it's too big.  

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I created a separate google spreadsheet for myself to record my daily goals for people to see. Hopefully that helps me be more accountable. I added it as Sheet Two and renamed it. If it gets annoying for anyone, I can remove it and do it privately. Also if anyone wants to use my template and do their own, feel free! It worked really well for the last challenge. I will work on filling it in on Wednesday.

How was everyone's first (or second) day?

Cheers! 

So far so good.  I guess.  I really wanted to snack on some carby salty snack with dinner...  so I had a salad.  Oh - I did have a bit of dark chocolate though.  

Love the spreadsheet Sarah Barr!

This way it will be so much easier to tell everyone apart :)

@SarahSmall First dates don't count. Hope you had a good time  :love_heart:

My first day was a succes! No wheat, no sugar and no more eating after dinner. 

Tonight is my first workout this week (zumba). 

Have to work on my life quest though (keeping house). But I'm really going to iron today, really (maybe I need a kick in the butt :P )

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Hey Shellsan and Kshennya!

Shellsan, I've subbed your challenge, and will keep track!

Kshennya, don't worry, you can join this one! 

I've added your names to the big shiny spreadsheet, feel free to fill in your details!

• Like 1

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

@LadyShello, I can't live without chocolate. No diet routine would ever succeed!

@Terah, I did my first and only zumba class last year. I was in the back row and looked so uncoordinated while everyone danced like a fairy. It was quite comical, but such a great workout. I don't know if I can show my face there again  :redface-new:

Yesterday I got called off from work, so I decided to make it count! I got about 50 minutes of cardio in, began the real job search, spent time with my sister, and finally bought a mattress so I don't have to sleep on the couch anymore!

Does anyone here use a fitbit? I got one last year as a gift and was too shamed by how sedentary I was at the time. I am thinking about putting that on for extra motivation. 

• Like 1

Also my 3rd goal for the challenge is to learn how to make text into a link. Anyone want to tutor me?

Hey E_Mo!

- Copy your intended URL

- Type your text in your post

- Highlight it with your cursor

- Click on the link button in the post toolbar (it's the grey chain with the green blob on it next to the bullet point buttons)

- Paste your URL into the box that pops up

- Click OK

- Ta-da!

To-Do List

1.) 41 year old wife, mom of three plus son in law with two grankids (don't do the math, yes I am not old enough to be a grandma).  Love my job although I do sit at a desk processing paperwork and planning quite a bit.  Just need to finally follow through on what I know to do.    My challenge

2.) Yes!

3.)  Eating Clean - Paleo.  Did well fall of '13 not stressed about counting calories, just eating clean.

4.)  Weighing in weekly, how my clothes fit.

5.)  Going to bed by 10pm everynight; planning & sticking to my meal plans

Thanks Sarah for starting this group!

• Like 1

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Thanks for having me!  I will fill out the spreadsheet and sub your threads.  I believe I linked my challenge thread in my signature... if I did it right.

If any of you use MyFitnessPal and want to be friends for extra motivation of people seeing your tacking, let me know.  I could use it too.

A big thank you to Sarah also for running the group! 

Level 0 Human Adventurer

Does anyone here use a fitbit? I got one last year as a gift and was too shamed by how sedentary I was at the time. I am thinking about putting that on for extra motivation. 

I use a Fitbit! I go through periods of motivation of actually trying to get to 10k—if you wear it for a few weeks, you can start to get a pretty good sense of what a "lot" of walking feels like. It is nice when you hit 8k or so for the day it will give you a little notification to motivate you to hit your goal! (These are all the default numbers, but you can change to whatever works for you.)

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

1.)  Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! - here is my challenge thread:  Allons-y. My main focus is not so much pounds for this specific challenge (although I would gladly take any loss I can get, and it SHOULD lead to some!) as much as consistency and motivation.  I have been slipping a lot the last 6 months and falling OUT of good habits, so I need a kick to get back to it.  Part of it is due to a change in my living situation (Mother-in-law moved in... for an unknown amount of time) which has thrown off my "I can work out in the living room!" feeling, driving me to more time hiding in my office on my computer… but I need to cut the excuses and adapt.

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. -  I tried to structure them to be very evaluateable (yes that might be a made up word).  They may be overly complicated... sometimes I do that.  Open to suggestions for the next challenge!

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! - I will be tracking my food via MyFitnessPal, as well as workouts.  The calorie ranges it supplies should lead to .5 pound lost a week if I eat my full goal.  I am ok with "low and slow".  I may be getting a fitness tracker that sync with MyFitnessPal as I have one currently that does not.  I will be strength training, which I have fallen away from, which should help. 

4.) How are you tracking your progress? - As stated above, mainly MyFitnessPal for food and exercise - will be using weight (weekly), body measurements (at beginning and end only) as well to gauge progress.  I am using the calm.com app/website to track (and perform) meditations.

5.) What do you most want accountability for? -  Doing my workouts consistently.  I need to get these habits back in place.  I would like to give consistent mediation a fair one month (or 6 weeks as it were) shot as well as I am new to it to help with my stress and anxiety, so reinforcement for having done that or not would be good also.

• Like 2

Level 0 Human Adventurer

No zumba unfortunately :( My husband came home sick, and couldn't watch the kids.

I could have worked out from home, but the mail man came by with my new laptop :shame:

BUT one of my friends just came with the idea to hit the gym more often, and an other friend wants to go with us! So more workouts from now on :) 

First gym workout is planned Monday. I've found a really cool site where you can put together a workout: workoutlabs.com

I printed tree different work outs, and there is room for notes so I can write down my progress :) :) :) 

*happy nerd* ;)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

My sister has one, and she loves it. 

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge