Miscellaneous Beings Intent on Losing Weight

Does anyone here use a fitbit? I got one last year as a gift and was too shamed by how sedentary I was at the time. I am thinking about putting that on for extra motivation. 

I have a fitbit!  Feel free to add me as a friend  www.fitbit.com/user/23DBWT

Shellsan

Race: Satyr  |  Class:  Adventurer
[Level: 1 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0]

Challenges:  Current Challenge

Accountibillibuddies:  MISC RPG Fanatics

Are there different groups/teams? I am just wondering which members threads I should be following, or is it all one big team?

1.)  Say who you are and link us to your challenge thread! I'm Jennifer, and here is my challenge thread. My long-term goal is to lose the 30 lbs I've gained over the past few years. I'm tired of buying new fat clothes that I don't like as much as my old skinny clothes. I also need to stay fit for my job, which is physically demanding. My job is seasonal (wedding photographer) and it's just too easy to slack off between bookings and during the slow season. Plus, I am going to be 40 this year, and I want to avoid the health problems that go along with being overweight. Diabetes runs in my family, as does heart disease. 

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals. I'm a bit of a tracking junkie. I track all my foods every day with MFP or MyPlate. Goal is to stay under 1500 calories Sun-Fri and I can have a little cheat meal on Saturdays. Also doing cardio and strength training. 

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! Stick to the diet! The exercise helps too. Just bought a Fitbit, so I am going to try and reach the goals on it each day as well. I may do some caloric cycling if the scales stop moving. I don't like to carb cycle because it affects my moods and energy levels too much and my experience has been that cycling calories works just as good.  

4.) How are you tracking your progress? I will weigh in on Saturdays and also do my measurements weekly or every other week. 

5.) What do you most want accountability for? For motivation! It helps to have someone acknowledge your efforts because dieting can really suck. Hunger sucks and cravings suck. Together, we can embrace the suck and encourage one another to stay on track. 

• Like 1

Are there different groups/teams? I am just wondering which members threads I should be following, or is it all one big team?

From my understanding, you choose a guild to be in.  This is my first challenge so I am a Recruit.  In those forums, the Guild Leader will post mini-quests throughout the challenge.  The forum we are posting in now is a smaller group to help each other stay accountable, the people on our beautiful spreadsheet.  Am I right/wrong?

• Like 1

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

From my understanding, you choose a guild to be in.  This is my first challenge so I am a Recruit.  In those forums, the Guild Leader will post mini-quests throughout the challenge.  The forum we are posting in now is a smaller group to help each other stay accountable, the people on our beautiful spreadsheet.  Am I right/wrong?

I think jengetsit was referring to this group being split into teams or still one big group. I think I'd like to see it split. Perhaps someone could just alternate the row colors on the spreadsheet, and whoever has the same color is on a team? I know I will not be following everyone. I will just pick a subset based on whims...

• Like 1

Hey guys, and hi jengetsit, welcome!

Current plan is: see how many new members we get by the end of week one, and then split into more manageable teams on Sunday - teams will be assigned by who posted first on the thread, team size dependent on how many members there are. jmk is awesome and has volunteered to be a team captain when we do divide up. I'll re-colour-code the spreadsheet on Sunday so people know what team they're in. I'll also create a total for each team showing their average success (% of target weight lost, across all team members), and whichever team has the highest success level at the end of the challenge wins all the glory.

For now, follow the challenges of as many or few people as you want. Have a look at the spreadsheet, and people's listed strengths and weaknesses. If someone's strength is your weakness, follow them and learn, and if your strength is someone else's weakness, follow them and give them some pointers!

I'm intending to following everyone in this thread, so everyone in the group is followed by at least one person in the group, so there's no pressure.

• Like 6

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Great idea Sarah.  I like element of a challenge between teams...  Bring it!

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Great plan!

I would like to follow everyone, but don't have the time (everything is still so new to me)

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

I... have to admit that trying to keep up with everyone was feeling a bit daunting, so I think smaller groups (to get us back to the recommended 7-8 each?) would be good.  Thanks for figuring out a way to make that work with our spreadsheet... and nothing wrong with a little friendly competition between groups, eh?

Level 0 Human Adventurer

STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0

Adventuring with Miscellaneous Beings

Challenge: First

Definitely keen on the smaller groups and competition element :) Will be a great way to still keep up with as many as possible, but have a core focus team that is manageable :)

Ranger at heart, training with the Adventurers.

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%

You can now download a free e-book on amazon with paleo freezer recipes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R58C14S/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't know how many of you are doing paleo, but a free recipe book is always good ;)

• Like 5
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

I really like the competition idea as well! Dividing into smaller teams will make it much more manageable to follow other group members' threads!

1. Hey y'all! I'm Linsanity and I'm PUMPED to start this challenge! My challenge link is in my signature; it's challenge 4 in case ya wanna check it out!

2.)  Think about your intended method of weight loss and check that you have SMART goals.

Exercise and Food! My plan is to do a combo of jogging and strength training 5 days a week. This goal will be pretty easy for me to complete since I've already made a habit of it. Food wise, I'm planning to take on the whole30 this challenge. The whole30 will be the most difficult goal for me to complete this challenge, but I know that it is definitely doable.

3.)  Tell us how you are intending to lose weight - be specific! Whole30 + Exercise. In the past when I've tried eating paleo or going on diets, I've had a problem with not eating enough food. That then resulted in binges. YIKES!!! So for this challenge I'm focusing on portion control, listening to my body, and eating enough food, but not too much

4.) How are you tracking your progress? Tape measure and by how my clothes fit! Also, I'll be taking before and after pictures to track my progress.

5.) What do you most want accountability for? I need people to make sure I'm sticking to the whole30 diet! So far so good but I know that in another week or so it'll start to get really tough.

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

You can now download a free e-book on amazon with paleo freezer recipes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R58C14S/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't know how many of you are doing paleo, but a free recipe book is always good ;)

Ooh that's good since it's handy to make things in bulk to freeze :) Thanks!

"A slow mile is still a mile run. A lightweight is still a weight lifted. A half-hearted gym session is still better than sitting on the sofa." 

16%
16%

1.)  I am my Quirkyself and my challenge is here. I saw this and thought it was perfect for me.  I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and am 100 pounds overweight!

2.)  My plan is to get more active and eat less... obviously - ha!  I signed up at Curves, and I plan to go 3 times a week.  I want to open my Tosca Reno cook books and get back to clean eating and reduce portion sizes.  I'm also signed up for the Polar Hero in 3 weeks - GACK!

3.)  I will hatch out the details this weekend, but ideally eat clean and reduce serving sizes.  Drink more water and tea (since it is -37 with windchill here today).  Goals are to eat more salads and have pre-cut veggies in the fridge at all times.  EAt more proteins like egg whites and roasted chicken and always have one ready to add to salads.  Have a meal plan ready to go for my week and just start saying NO to the extras.  

4.) I'm going to weigh in weekly for myself, but Curves does a full measurement monthly as well and they include a graph and all that with it.  

5.) For me it helps to know someone else is reading my posts or are curious as to how I am doing.  It makes me feel loved and supported, so yeah feel free to bing me!

• Like 2

Quirkyself OUT!

Current Challenge, Third Challenge, Second Challenge , First Challenge

Level 4 Hobbit Adventurer

strength: 5 | dexterity: 2 | stamina:5 | constitution: 5 | wisdom: 6 | charisma: 7

Pounds lost:

2%
2%

Hey!  How is everyone doing?  I'm really bogged down with following threads so I haven't had a chance to check in on some of you.  I know we'll be splitting into teams soon but I just wanted to say Hi!

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Week one weigh in - down 3.5 lbs!

Blimey! Keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

16%
16%