Breaking things is fun!!!

zare

I have an idea for my challenges already I will post them on the 5th just making sure that I'm not forgotten lol

Oh and what I'm talking about breaking are bad habits, wasteful routines, and of course boards,I start board breaking this time around :) kinda excited and a little worried that I will hesitate, either way it's gonna be a great challenge everyone, hopefully i'm a little more talkative this go around

• Like 1

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

STR:7  DEX:7  STA:5  CON:7   WIS:5  CHA:4 

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

Spreadsheet for current challenge

weight loss(start: 275lbs, current:208)

89%
89%

Welcome!  You got a nice cozy place waiting for you when you want to throw things up! :D

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

alright here goes challenge number 2

First I'm going to be keeping my original goal and sub goals as well, not as this challenges goals but to see if i can continue with the habits i've built the last 6 weeks or so,

RECAP:  GOAL: body weight down to 200 lbs

1. drink only water

2. do not eat bread

3. go to practice at least twice a week ( will be cutting out 3rd self workout to make room for my new goals)

NEW GOAL: Pull ups (at least one, but if possible, more)

Step 1:    T Th Sat I will be working out using the steps given in an older article here on nerd fitness shown here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/04/25/do-a-pull-up/

I am aware that things might not go the way that i want, and that i may not even get to the point where i can do one before this challenge is over, but as long as i make progress towards it, that is what's important

step 2:   I will be walking to work every day, this is not a huge deal, it's only half of a mile but every little bit helps and with how cold it is here in michigan it may help me lose a couple extra pounds :)

step 3:  cut out all sweets, I have mostly done this already as i have tried to eat paleo meals as often as possible but sometimes i will give in to temptation, I hope to rectify this for this challenge

Life Goal:   this I have added 2 parts to

1st:   wash face twice a day,  I struggle with acne even when I am diligent with it, so it makes it hard to want to continue, hoping that this may help

2nd:  clean up room once a day, I don't mean that it has to be spottless but if i get into the habit of picking it up it won't become a huge mess before i'm willing to lift a finger to clean it lol

well those are my goals this time around, I'm hoping for 100% all around :) :) :)

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

taijibum-  yes i am, yes i do, and yes i did :) lol it was 5 am, so it may have been a little colder and i live in the central MI area,

dbexx-  thank you very much :)

• Like 1

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

these are the pictures from my first challenge

post-33858-0-94554900-1420641425_thumb.j

post-33858-0-03777000-1420641427_thumb.j

post-33858-0-23987400-1420641428_thumb.j

I know I should have posted these on my first challenge but it took a little bit for me to get around to it, and well it's a little late lol

by the way left is after and right is before kinda did it backwards

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

Nice! Way to bring it down.

thank you! :)   hopefully, it will continue

Also I know i want to focus on pull ups this challenge but the workout just doing the steps to get there doesn't feel like enough, so i'm going to add just push ups and see how I feel after that,

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

ok, so here is my week 1 update

goal 1,  100% for the week

didn't miss any workouts, though i felt that i wasn't getting enough of a workout so i'm slowly adding to it.

I did do the push ups( one set as knuckle pushups those are much harder lol) for the last day on saturday and still felt pretty good about them, next time i'll add squats and see how I feel after them too :)

goal 2,  100% for the week

every day I worked I walked even on the day it was -15 degrees with the wind chill, this was not a hard challenge at all either, i'm not sure if i should alter this some to get more out of it for the next 5 weeks....hmmm

goal 3, 100% for the week

not a single sweet passed these lips unless you count an orange, but i don't :)

life goal,  80% for the week

I have made sure to work on the face washing every night and I can see some minor improvement I believe (wish i would have taken before pictures... darn) 

and I game myself 80% because I didn't do so well about picking up the room, i've cleaned every mess that i've made and have picked up on several days but i missed it on a couple as well

overall a decent start to a challenge though I don't feel like this one has been that difficult so far

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

Oh and I forgot  right now what I am doing for a workout is

20 sets of bent over rows ( 10 each arm @20lbs, highest weights i have at the moment)

added the 10 pushups (second set was knuckle pushups)

and next time I will add 20 body weight squats

and if that goes well and I have no problem I will add a 30 second plank at the end

3 sets of each

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

Yeah, knuckle push ups are harder. Even if you don't factor in the pressure on your knuckles, you still have to activate your wrists a lot more to maintain stability in the position.

I don't necessarily know that you should change your walking challenge... that strikes me more as having psychological benefit more than physical, although the physical benefits shouldn't be underestimated. If you want to add challenge, maybe start doing some jogging intervals in there in addition to the regular walk?

Strong starts are good, and a strong process means that it's not going to feel as hard. On the other hand, though, you don't get that nice rush of accomplishment either. You just show up, do the thing, and then you leave it behind. It's like a JRPG vs. an FPS - long grind versus sporadic bouts of activity. But tbh, I prefer slow and steady to boom and bust.

Still, it's your challenge. Do what you want to.

Thank you Kishi,

I'll think on it, maybe i'll keep it the same for now.

I'll finish out this week as I originally planned and see how I feel, maybe I won't make any adjustments

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

so this time around i feel like i did...

The-tenth-Doctor-Molto-Bene-doctor-who-3

this week around...(everyone here seems to do memes so I thought i'd try it out lol)

Week 2

goal 1:  didn't miss a single workout this week either :)  even started to add to them

goal 2:  every day that i did work i walked so great there

goal 3:  again no cheating what-so-ever :)

life goal:  haven't missed a single day this week

overall, I feel great about this challenge so far

I hope i can continue to feel this

tenth-doctor-fantastic1.gif

through the whole challenge

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

thanks again kishi, and on another note, I really badly want to stick to my workout schedule, but i feel like crap today and I want to take this night off maybe make it up tomorrow and sunday, and then get back to my regular routine on tuesday just thought I'd put that out there so that I could be held accountable

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

So i spent this weekend working refinishing a hard wood floor. so I skipped workouts twice everything else I followed pretty well all week...

I do feel guilty though, I'll just have to make it up this week by really kicking butt.

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%

thanks guys, to be honest, I've been doing my challenges still, but i found it really hard the last 2 weeks to come on here and post anything, I don't know why this is the case, I can just feel it.

Level 2, Monk,  Half-Orc

first challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Fourth Challenge

Fifth Challenge

89%
89%